Chapter 170 Forest of Eltin
3k 7 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Excuse me, can we talk for a moment?"

 

"Hmn? You are..."

 

When I turn around to get out of here, someone suddenly asks me. It was the warrior girl leader of the other organization that had participated in this mission, so this surprises me a bit.

 

But apparently I was not the only one in which she causes something by appearing... she makes the girls around me to be on guard. It is good and I am glad to see that they have followed my advice of not be neglect.

 

"A woman… if we are neglect, Alex can make her join our group... we all need to be careful"

 

"… Yes, she can probably fall into this brat's web before she knows it"

 

"Well... I don't think the boy is taking any girl that crosses his path either"

 

"... b-but also she may end up falling in love with him, right?"

 

… Well, it seems that the girls' reason for concern is different from what I imagined. Since yesterday they fought well, then I will not say anything to complain about this... also I do not think that I have much credibility if I refute what Kurisu and Rei say. Although I'm a little happy that at least Rika supports me.

 

But if what Saya says happens, that's beyond my control and I can't do anything for this, so I don't think the girls should blame me for something like that.

 

"What's going on? What do you want to talk about?"

 

"I wanted to see if we could do some business"

 

"You're late! I already made a deal with the boy for the monsters that his group killed!"

 

So with the word "business", the only woman who had not shown a reaction to this then also gets defensive against the warrior woman... although apparently it isn't one of the largest organizations in this Kingdom, I must say that Milene is very valiant to oppose this warrior woman as a small merchant in Barl.

 

"...don't worry, the businesses I want to deal with him are others"

 

"D-don't tell me that you really fell in love with Alex at first sight?"

 

After the warrior woman denies that she wants to steal Milene's business she calms down, but then the other girls look at her even more seriously and then Kurisu being even more nervous speaks for every one of them.

 

"... no, it's not that either... or rather, aren't you a girl?"

 

"... I am a man ... it is not my fault have 12 years old and that my masculinity has not developed still"

 

"I-I'm sorry ... w-why don't we move to another place to talk?"

 

"Haaa ... alright. Milene, when I'm done with this I'll go to your mother's house and then let's talk about the pay for the bodies of the monsters... also, the body of the leader Ogre I will take it to me"

 

"It's okay"

 

Seeing that her words put me off a little, she apologizes and decides to proceed with the matter for which she came. Nor was it a subject that I wanted to talk about a lot too, so after talking to Milene we all left here.

 

The place where the warrior woman directs us to speak was a small restaurant here and there were already some people from her group waiting there. So I along with some girls take to sit at the table where they were and the others take nearby tables with, except for Leona and Scythe who stay behind me from where I sit.

 

"Well, what did you want to talk about?"

 

After observing their group for a second and making a slight salute between us, I immediately turn to the warrior woman who had brought us here. I had a few things I wanted to do and so I needed to get this over with quickly.

 

"Well, I also like to go directly to the subject. I will be direct, I wanted to know if you would not consider selling us or telling us the information to buy magic weapons like yours... of course, either option you choose we will pay you properly"

 

"So this was about the guns… sorry but for now I can't do any to doing this. Or at least I can't make that decision myself…"

 

Don't refuse to talk with her because I was a little curious and concerned about why she had sought us out. I thought that somehow she finds out that I kill the passive-kun group and would complain or blackmail us about it... but I can rule this out now.

 

It seems that what caught her attention was our firearms, although this was also a problem in his own way. So I decide to go to the safe by politely rejecting her while I also try to plant in her head that I was not the one in charge of this group and there was someone I had to ask permission for something like that.

 

I don't think this was hard to believe since most of the people here have taken us as part of an organization and also not a small one to move around in a level 1 area smoothly, so her group shouldn't have a very different idea of we like the others. After all, our equipment must be considered to be used by someone like that and it would be rarer to see someone who alone could afford these luxuries.

 

"Well... I think that's a reasonable thing. Our group can wait for you to speak to your leaders and then see if we can come to an agreement."

 

Then as I had thought, the woman accepts my words without hesitation and answers that while nodding with her head.

 

Maybe I could get good things out of selling firearms, but that would be giving weapons that can easily kill us to other people, and that was not a very good thing. Also, surely after selling to them, soon more will come to get the same and that would mean selling more weapons or antagonizing those other groups for not doing it.

 

So until firearms are not that risky to me, I shouldn't be marketing them. I have enough to worry about Gaia's scrolls and other items enough for me to add one more thing to this.

 

"Okay, I will talk to my leaders and try to give you an answer... by the way, I just found a vehicle similar to yours abandoned near the forest yesterday. I did not need it and I was thinking of selling it, are you not interested? "

 

"Kohon! ... Kohon! ... Kohon!"

 

Since she seemed to be a sensible woman, I decided to try to see if I could turn the passive-kun vehicle into G or crystals because this doesn't serve me much in itself... but I think I lacked some tact to say this. One of the men at the table seems to be choking on what he is eating and the others look at me in a slightly strange way.

 

Well, the truth is that it wasn't just them. Some of the girls turn to me a little surprised by my words since probably like the other group at this table, they also had the same assumptions. 

It's good that this group just look at me like that and don't start complaining or accusing me, so this was already a huge plus.

 

"I-I see... so you found an abandoned vehicle... it seems that you are very lucky.

 

The truth is that our organization is expanding and maybe we could do business if you want to sell it. But unfortunately I don't bring the amount for this with me and I am also in the same position as you and so this needs to be approved by other people in my group as well.

 

So if you want us to do business, I need you to tell me where I can contact you so I can find you when I talk to them. "

 

"...I understand, but you will not need to look for me. I was planning to go to the capital of the kingdom and as far as I know your organization is based there, right? So I think it is better that I will be the one to find you a once I get there "

 

"That's great, so let's do that. I am Parmil, one of the captains of the Nurt guild. When you arrive in the capital you only have to ask for information from our organization and surely someone can take you there or they can call us to pick you up."

 

"I understand, Parmil. When I get there I will do just that.

 I am Alexander."

 

After Parmil and I shook hands and our groups said goodbye, we left the restaurant. From what she told me, in a vehicle like ours, it would take us about 15 days to go to the capital since it seems that we are on the edges of this Kingdom...

 

So we agreed to meet there about a month later so that we could talk again once we were there. That will give me time to do a few things before we set off for the capital.

 

Also, although her organization can probably get a cheaper vehicle at the price I intend to sell it to them, I knew that Parmil considered our group very well and it is most likely that she would try to have a good relationship with us and so taking advantage of this, I thought it would be good sell it to her.

 

I had already had the idea of ​​going in the capital, I thought of seeing one of the largest cities in this Kingdom since I have to wait 3 months to go to another world and so now that I had obtained that vehicle, this was more necessary. If I wanted to sell it, I think it would be a bit difficult to do it in Barl and surely in a bigger city I would have no problem with doing it.

 

But now I didn't even have to worry about having to be looking for someone to sell it to and I just have to get to the capital and then I can turn it into money.

 

"Is there something else we have to do in this village, boy?"

 

"Now let's see if Milene can pay me for the bodies of the monsters, she should have finished doing her estimates. After this, I think we will make a small expedition ..."

 

"A little expedition?"

 

Leaving the restaurant, Rika asks me and so I answer as I walk in the direction of Milene's store. Then with the girls following me, among them, Saya repeats my words and so I nod to answer hr affirming it.

 

"You finished sooner than I thought"

 

"Well, it can be said that we reached an agreement quickly"

 

"I see, I'm glad. I too have finished counting all the monsters... this is what I offer you for them"

 

Upon arriving at Milene's mother's house, she had finished transporting all the monsters that the guild had to deliver to me and also value the price of all of these. When we exchanged a few words, she immediately passed me a paper with various things written on it.

 

It was a table showing the number of monsters and the price for which she buying them me. I just take a quick look and direct my eyes directly to the total... [587 thousand G] was written at the bottom of the page.

 

Ogre corpses are priced well, and although not as much as these, monsters like Orcs and Koblots are still reasonably priced. Logically, the higher its limit was, then the higher the price.

 

"Here are the crystals of the monsters and there is also the body of the leader of the Ogres ... I'm surprised that you were able to kill that huge thing. 

Are you sure you don't want to sell it to me?"

 

"Sorry Milene, I have another use for this one. Also, you shouldn't be so greedy as you will surely earn quite a bit from this, right?

 

Although I must also say that I am a little surprised to be able to obtain more than 500 thousand G for them. If I remember correctly, you had told me that you had spent on remodeling your store the same, right? Well, I think you can recoup some of that expense. "

 

Milene also gives me a bag of crystals that those monsters must have had and then I sent it directly into my storage pretending to tuck it under my shirt. Reviewing the number of these in my system, it had increased almost 500 thousand... in the same way as the previous one, the Orcs that had exceeded the 5th limit and therefore each of their crystals was worth more than 5 thousand, helped a lot to make them grow this quantity.

 

In truth, this mission was much more productive than I had thought it would be... if I count the vehicle that I will sell soon, then I have recovered the investment of the one I bought from Relen and a little of what I use to make it work.

 

I think that Rek being a remote area of ​​the kingdom helped a lot to have these gains. As I did not have much competition from big groups as in large cities it surely must have happened, so we could easily achieve this result.

 

"E-emmm ... A-Alexander-san ... no, Alexander-sama!

 

T-The truth is that as you say, now I am a little short of money for the remodeling of my store... so, why don't I pay you a part of this now, and the rest in a few months? "

 

"..."

 

Suddenly Milene begins to act strangely and I immediately discover the reason why it is this so... why it is that if she did not even have the money to pay me at first, she still asks me to sell her the Ogre Leader? This woman was already thinking that I would accept this… I wouldn't even be surprised if she was already making deals with these bodies with other people.

 

"Don't be cruel, boy. I just handed you more of 461,000 crystals, that's almost 5 million G!"

 

"It is true that you just gave them to me, but those were mine at first..."

 

"…Sassy

 

"If not to help, you better not talk Rika! Tch, you are not reliable ... Kurisu, help me and tell your little man to wait for me with the remaining money please"

 

"Eh? T-This ... Alex, why don't you wait for her to sell things so she can pay you? After all, we don't need more money than we have now"

 

"Haaa ... well, I'll wait a couple of months for you, but... if you don't pay me, I won't hesitate to become my slave. Do you understand?"

 

"It's okay!"

 

"A-Alex, that's ..."

 

"You, brat… you can't fall that low, can you?"

 

"No, I think it is fair. And what proves it is that this woman accepted it in an instant"

 

"Fufufu, Rika-san is right ... a person must fulfill and commit to his words"

 

Kurisu and Rei react negatively when they hear the word slave although the person himself  I am addressing this one does not seem to mind much, and accepts my terms easily as Rika says.

 

I wasn't kidding about this, if I was going to take a risk by lending her my money, then I think it's fair just like Saeko also does to think that Milene must also face the consequences of her actions.

 

It's not like I'm going to make her my sex slave or anything like that, either. I've wanted a maid for a while, so then I'll have her take that role if she doesn't pay me in a few months. If not, I can simply make her work on other things.

 

"Now the last thing left to do is go to the forest"

 

"Eh? Are you going to enter that forest, boy?

 

Don't tell me you didn't have enough with all the rewards you already got? Seriously, and you're the one who complains about me and says I'm greedy "

 

"Don't compare me to you Milene, I'll go investigate something in that forest"

 

"Don't tell me it's because of the rumors that this forest hides a treasure and many strong people have died trying to get it?"

 

"… So you knew about this? Didn't you think that if that rumor was true, then it was dangerous for us to come to this forest and that you should mention it before?"

 

"W-Well ... the mission was not in the forest, was it? B-Besides, as I said, it's just rumors"

 

"Seriously, you had better give me that money back soon because if you don't... I will make you work hard until you pay me the last G while I make you wear the most embarrassing suits you can imagine"

 

"Glup ... K-Kurisu wouldn't leave you!"

 

"Milene-san... I think that if you knew there was something dangerous in the forest, then you should have told us before"

 

"It is true, life cannot be bought by money"

 

"Although things went well yesterday. If it hadn't been so, then we would be in danger while Milene-san was safe inside the village"

 

"Fufufu, maybe instead of embarrassing outfits, you should make her work naked, Alex-san"

 

"I agree with Saeko"

 

After my words, Milene seeks help from Kurisu and the girls but this time not even the first one takes this matter in a good way. What can I say? No one likes to be fooled by something that can cost them their lives. So if she knew about the forest, then she should have said this first before asking us to come to protect this town.

 

"W-Well, for the next I will remember to tell you the important things... but you're not a little harsh? After all, you just said that you will go to the forest despite that"

 

"It is one thing to be cheated and quite another to have you choose something.

 

See you in a few hours, we'll be back after investigating the forest for a little while "

 

"Okay, be careful"

 

"Oh, this is weird and it surprises me a little. For a moment I thought you would pray that we don't come back and so you don't have to pay the boy."

 

"Hmp ~ I'm also not as mean as you think Rika"

 

After the small discussion between Rika and Milene, all my group boarded the vehicle with the first taking the wheel and immediately it begins to move towards the forest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!!

I just wanted to make an announcement. If I close a month (2nd day of the month) with 75 p-a-t-r-e-o-n-s supporting the novel, then I promise to get 5 chapters a week during that month, Monday through Friday (from the region where I live).

So be sure to invite and recommend the novel to all your friends !!

 

https://www.patreon.com/Drack21

Is seems that WN is baned the word (p-a-t-r-e-o-n), so "*******" is (p-a-t-r-e-o-n) without "-"

 

I also wanted to ask to see if there was someone who wanted to support me to edit the previous chapters, I think that way there will be more people who are a little more demanding with grammar interested in the novel.

If you are interested in supporting me on that, you can leave me a message in the comments or on Facebook.

 

Thanks for the support!!

75