Chapter One Hundred and Eight Of Slimes and Adventure
906 18 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Susan stretched lazily as she felt the warm sun flitter through her window. It had been awhile since Tina had turned her into a level one slime girl and while she hadn’t found a chance to level up, she was enjoying being a slime girl. Mostly anyway, there were a couple things she wasn’t sure about.

Slipping out of her bed, she noticed that her breakfast had already been delivered. It was sitting on the table waiting for her. With a sigh, she looked it over. It was a platter full of panties again, she noticed the slightly yellowed stain on one. Used panties by the look of it. For a moment she wondered why everyone kept feeding her underwear, but then she felt her body reminding her of her hunger.

It only took a moment before she snatched one and began nibbling on it. The taste spread through her mouth, why did they have to taste so good? Honestly she wished she could have some normal food, but strangely it now tasted really bad. She wasn’t sure about meat though, no one had let her near it. Not that she blamed them, apparently only the slimes that eat meat were the dangerous ones.

At least today she was getting to eat in private. She hated the so cute comments people always dropped when they saw her eating. That was a nice blessing, so while she ate she started to think about her day. She often went to the library, the dungeon owned a nice one. Given her new form, it had seemed obvious that she should learn more about her new race. So she had been spending long hours researching slimes.

Only at the moment that seemed boring, she wanted to do something more fun. Maybe she could explore the dungeon? She sighed, of course there was also the whole being only level one thing. If she ran into any adventurer she would be in trouble. At least now she had a couple of skills, thanks to the maid demons teaching her. Sadly nothing suitable for combat and she wasn’t entirely sure about learning the sexual techniques skill.


Mira picked her way through the woods, helping her charges find a stable path. Something that was getting easier now that they were closer to the slimes. Where before the forest floor had been covered with debris, fallen leaves, broken branches, and concealed rocks had littered the ground. Here the soil was clear of detritus, making it far easier to find the raised roots and hidden rocks that would have otherwise tripped someone up. It also meant that they were in slime territory. Not that she had seen any yet, but she saw the signs. They were getting close.

Behind them she heard that Flamewind guy complaining, “These woods are so darn boring, not a monster in sight.”

Honestly that was perfectly fine with her. So she ignored him and glanced at Michael, who seemed to be paying him too much attention. “Don’t pay the idiot too much mind. Focus on keeping an eye out for slimes instead, we are in slime territory and trust me they are the bigger worry right now.”

“But!”

“I know, but that guy is all bark, trust me. If he was anything to worry about, he would be wearing real armor and not that decorative showpiece.”

Delilah frowned, “You did notice the poor vampire girl and the ladies in his party?”

She sighed, “I did, but the guy would be a fool to try something here.”

“I guess you have a point, but we both feel we should keep an eye on him.”

“Watch the woods too. We don’t need any slimes sneaking up on us.”

“You sound rather worried about that. I thought we only had to worry about the king slime?”

“Well now, king slimes and their cousin queen slimes result in a spike in slime numbers in an area. Not only do numbers increase, but you are more likely to find evolved slimes like slime lords.”

The pair blinked, “Oh, yeah I don’t think I want one of those getting a drop on us.”

“Yeah it’s easy to forget how strong those weak slimes can get once they start evolving.”

“Well thankfully the truly strong slimes are rare, especially the Jelly Dragon.”

Mira gave them a look and then shuddered, “I’d rather not meet one of those.”

Mira knew well what a Jelly Dragon was. It was one of the weirder dragon races, believed to be the offspring of a high ranked slime and a dragon. The resulting creature had the advantages of both races. In fact they were so strong that the guild advised avoiding them rather than fighting them. Their breath attacks were both versatile and powerful with differing effects based on the color of the breath. It was said the same dragon could change the effect of their breath at will. Combine that with a slimy body that can’t be harmed by mundane weapons and further protected by scales that would ward against all but the most powerful magics. As dragon species went they were by far the most resilient. Yet there were said to be stronger dragons.

Thankfully those things were rare and they were only going to fight a slime king and his horde. The Slime King was a rare variant slime with an average level of eighty and rated a solid B by the various guilds. On their own they were modestly powerful, but their ability to command other slimes and breed armies made them dangerous. Especially once they started eating everything in sight, this one hadn’t started on the trees yet, so the really dangerous slime variants likely weren’t in the horde yet.

Leading the three around a tree, she took a moment to check on the others. There was flamewind, the naked elf with the rearguard party and then there was the elf Emiri’s team. At first, she thought he was a girl, but it turned out he was a rather feminine boy. Personally, she thought he would look very cute in a dress with a ribbon in his mid-length hair. At the moment he was outfitted in an armor of enchanted leather, and wielding a longbow. She had seen his talents, he was a very talented archer with a grasp for magic. He had demonstrated the ability to imbue his arrows with fire. A talent she felt would be useful, he and several mages would make up the bulk of their firepower for this mission.

Emiri was also the current leader of the expedition selected by the guild and she felt he seemed reliable, “So? What do you two think about Emiri?”

Michael frowned, “Um, he seems like a decent archer, why?”

Delilah giggled, “That wasn’t what she was asking. He’s cute if you like girly boys.”

“Honestly I prefer actual girls, but he is cute and I can’t help but picture him in a dress with a ribbon in his hair,” replied Mira.

Delilah gave him a second look, “You know, I think he would look very adorable in a dress.”

Mira nodded, “I know right? What do you think? After the quest we drag him off to Carol’s?”

“Sounds fun!”

Micheal looked between them, then at Emiri before sighing, “Am I the only one that feels sorry for him?”

Delilah giggled, “Trust me, it will be fun!”

“Um I guess.”

Mira turned, gave her a smile and said, “You don’t have to join us if you don’t want to. I would understand.”

Michael shifted awkwardly as she followed them over some rocks sticking up in the middle of the path before saying, “... I’ll go.”

They both smiled, happy to have her with them on the post-adventure fun. None of them knew what lay ahead, even as they idly worried about what the idiot Flamewind might do. He had a decent level, but from the sound of it, he was an arrogant ass. None of them trusted him.

The conversation fell silent for a bit as they made their way over roots and deeper into the forest. It wasn’t much longer before they started spotting slimes. Low level small fries at first, but the further they went the stronger they became. It wasn’t long before all sorts of variants began showing up. Slime Lords, Elemental slimes, high slimes, and even a few rare metal slimes.

Mira frowned. Delilah stepped closer, “Um Mira? Is something wrong?”

She nodded and proceeded to quietly elaborate on what was bothering her.


Susan was wandering the lower levels of the castle when she bumped into her owner. She blinked and quickly apologized, “Sorry! I didn’t mean to...”

Misaki stroked her head, “It’s okay. Where were you going anyway?”

Susan sighed, “I don’t really know.” letting out another breath she paused before finally admitting, “all this just has me so confused, before everything made sense. I knew exactly what I wanted and how to get it. Now? I have this great body, but I’m not sure about everything that came with it. By the Infernal plains I’m fucking level one, I don’t even know where to begin with that?”

“Oh? Is that all? I think I know someone who would love to help you?”

“Um who?”

“Meifa, my second-floor boss, she’s been helping train Reiko. I’m sure she can make time for you.”

Susan blinked, the dragon girl? She had been surprisingly tough despite her low level. Still easy, but... It might not be a bad idea. “Thanks! I’ll go talk to her!” she replied, not realizing how much she would regret it. She figured any help for a better level would help her get started on a path to greatness again. She doubted she would be Susan the Archmage, but who knows maybe Meifa would help her find her new path?


The expedition found the Slime King in an area overflowing with slimes, many of them powerful slime lords. Far too many to be normal, Mira and several of the others had their suspicions on why. As they observed the area they made a plan. The Slime King was situated at the top of a hill in a large clearing. There was a tree there whose shade the Slime King was resting under.

Emiri frowned, “There are far too many lords and the lack of trees limits our options. I was thinking that we would.”

Flamewind suddenly interjected, “Bah too complicated!”

“I haven’t even finished!”

“They are just measly small fry slimes, one swing of my axe and they will be dead,” he replied holding up his axe.

It was large and impressive, but she thought it was rather unwieldy. Like his armor, it wasn’t the choice of weapon someone competent. Mira took another look, there were just too many slimes on that hill. A fact that was quite clear from their vantage point.

Emiri said something, but was cut off by Flamewind, “Watch me, I’ll have that lowly slime king dispatched in one swing.”

With that the fool charged, dragging his party of slave girls behind him. Emiri sighed, “I guess we are going with a frontal assault.” then he glanced at Mira, “I’ll be relying on you three, then”

She nodded, already having an idea of what Emiri had in mind. “I’ll do what I can, just keep it distracted.”

With that, they rushed off after the foolish Axman with a hero’s blood. Something he had bragged about several times on this trek into the woods. That was nice and all, but the blood of a hero did not make one a hero. It simply meant you would be stronger than average and more likely to awaken a powerful class. If you were really lucky you would awaken your blood and join the ranks of the heroes. She very much doubted Flamewind would ever do that, he just didn’t have the heart. The blood had obviously gone to his head. A real shame too, there were lands that truly needed a hero.

With those thoughts in her head, Mira readied her daggers, trusting in her pets to do their roles. Delilah and Michael were strong, Michael had recently had her sword returned by a demon of the dungeon. It was a good blade and she seemed happier now that she had it back. Meanwhile Delilah was sporting a robe a demon gave her and seemed quite happy to have it as well. The two were strong together as mage, and tank. She was the scout of the team, but she did have a few skills worth mentioning. Michael would be the one to keep the slime distracted in their group, Delilah had a few attack spells, but her real talent was healing.

Quietly she relayed her plan, “Michael I want you to be in front, and keep the slimes busy. Delilah you are going to be behind her and help her keep her strength up. If needed cast something flashy to draw attention back to you two.”

They nodded and inquired, “What are you going to be doing?

“I’ll sneak behind it and attempt to snipe the core.”

They didn’t have any more time to talk before they hit the mass of slimes. Soon they were fighting with the others in a large battle.

Almost immediately a slime lord set its sights on them. A tentacle shot forth attempting to ensnare Michael only for her blade to flash. A mass of slime sent flying into the air, the tentacle severed, but it quickly reformed. Two more shot forth this time, which were just as swiftly repulsed. The slime being too slow to actually land a hit. As the two battled, Mira took a moment to slip behind the slime lord before slashing forward with her dagger. A pulse of wind wreathing the blade. It sliced through the membranes of the creature and a moment later the slime was a puddle, its core shattered.

That was one down, but four more replaced it. Mira let out a breath. This was going to take awhile. Suddenly a bright light drew her attention. The Slime King was glowing. That wasn’t good, not good at all. As she realized her fears were coming true. “We need to hurry!”

 

Announcement
Why didn't anyone tell me that I hadn't posted since the eighteenth of February? I know things have been a little hectic on my end lately and I'm sorry for that, but I do still have the chapters in reserve. Sadly my troubles are getting worse, I now have three dogs in heat to deal with. [Sighs] You know that moment when a family member doesn't listen and you tell them its a bad idea, but they do it anyway? Well that is what happened to me, a few years back we were nearly dog-free. Our dog at the time was getting old, his time was near. Mom wanted to get a new dog, we all told her no, she got one anyway, then she went and bought a female as well, and now here I am paying the price. It only takes one point of failure to end up with puppies and we always end up stuck with some of them. I'd love to have them fixed at this point, but family money is tight. I'd try taking them myself, but I don't have that either, its expensive. So here I am trying to save, if you can please join my Patreon as every little bit helps.
27