Interlude Milith and the Brewing War II
1.1k 11 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Milith sighed, as she followed Mom down the corridor. It seemed her big birthday wasn’t going to go the way she thought. Instead of the big party she expected, or her first naked spaceflight, she was leaving her home, the Enterprise, behind. She glanced at Mom, noticing the way she was moving. Mom was tense and worried. Not that she blamed her, she had received the news earlier today as well. It was official, the Solean Empire and the Liritian Star Union were now officially at war. The first skirmishes were already underway, as Liritian battlefleets pushed into Solean-held protectorates. In response, Mother had mobilized the battlefleets. In a few hours the first few dreadnoughts and their escorts would be arriving in the outreaches, to combat the Liritians. It seemed the brewing war she had been hearing about was actually happening. The Union had actually gone and declared war. Something Milith wanted to say she was surprised about but she wasn’t.

Reaching a door, Mom paused, turned around and took a breath, “I was rather hoping we could have celebrated your birthday before it came to this. I had it all planned, but I guess we are going to have to do it when you come back.” she paused and pulled out a ring, “Anyway I packed some stuff for you. A few tools, a med kit, and some lab equipment. Along with a few books on subjects I want you to keep studying while you are gone. Also in there is a change of clothes and primer on Solkira.”

She giggled, “No food?”

Mom laughed, “Why would you need that? You just ate and it’s kind of hard to fit a live animal in there, along with everything else.”

She smiled, “Glad to see you smile.”

Milith had only said that to get Mom to laugh and it worked. She didn’t really want or need food on hand. It would be easy enough to get there and she would have a few months to figure it out anyway. Her kind didn’t eat as often as others, as they actually got most of their nutrition from light. The rest came from the prey animals they ate. Although they did eat some plants as well.

Mom shifted as she took the ring and then pulled her into a hug. “Be safe sweety! Say hello to Dewari when you get there!”

She hugged her back. The hug broke all too soon and then she stepped into the room. In front of her was the silver arch of a gateway, its portal already shimmering and active. One last look at her mother, she gave her a smile and then stepped through. Knowing that it may be months or years before she would see her again. Milith would have liked to stay, but she knew she would never win the argument, so she decided to go. Stepping through she entered a rather strange area and was greeted with a blue box.

Welcome to the world of Solkira!
You have been identified as a Solean Female
Would you like to begin Character Setup?
Yes | No?

Milith blinked, she hadn’t quite been expecting that. She had been told it was a game world with a system, but somehow she had been expecting something else. After a moment, she mentally selected yes. She was kind of curious.

Scanning...

Requesting Access to personal history

Yes | No?

Yes selected; Accessing...

High physical parameters detected

High magical parameters detected

Divine Bloodline detected

Clan Countryman Bloodline detected

Extreme Lightning Affinity detected

Extreme Fire Affinity Detected

Supreme Earth Affinity
Supreme Storm Affinity
Supreme Nature Affinity 

Supreme Dark Affinity

Supreme Light Affinity
Extreme Shadow Affinity

Major Lust Affinity

Major Void Affinity

Major Pride Affinity
Major Primal Magic Affinity
Knowledge of Ancestral Arts detected

Knowledge of Primal Magic detected
Knowledge of Ancient Magic Detected
Generating Status

 

Name: Milith of Clan Countryman

Gender: Female

Race: Solean (Cyberlord)

Patron: None

Rank: Lord

Age: 499

Health: 100%

Class: Shadow Lord

Shields: 100,000/100,000

Subclass: Cybermage

Mana: 2,570,232/9,000,000

Titles: Princess of the Empire

 

Skills:

Archmaster Ancestral Arts of Lightning
Archmaster Ancestral Arts of Fire
Archmaster of Primal Fire
Archmaster of Primal Lightning
Archmaster of Ancient Magic
Primal Foresight
Master of the Machine
Practitioner of Ancient Arts

 

Traits:
Racial:
True Physical Immunity

Photoregeneration

Mana Sustained Immortality

Genetic Shapeshifter
Wanderer
Hyper Intelligent
Electromagnetic Discharge
Self Controlled Fertility
Natural Celestial Flight
Skylord’s Breath
Skylord’s Scales
Skylord’s Talon’s

Natural Born Loli

Draconic Primogenitor

Unique Metabolism


Inherent:
Countryman Bloodline
Cybernetic Heritage
Integrated Plasma Cannon (Right Arm)
Primordial Magic
Supreme Magic Affinity
Supremely Potent Mana
Supreme Mana Pool

Divinely Alluring
Spark of Ascension
Integrated Magic Focus (Temporal Lobe)

Acquired:
Dragon’s Aura
Skylord’s Pride
Planar Conduit
Speaker of the Ancient Solean Tongue

Milith looked over her new status, finding it was quite long. How many traits was that? She wasn’t even sure what all of this meant. Before she could think much about the new status, she was greeted with a doorway swirling into existence in front of her. Along with a blue box filling her vision. That was going to get annoying.

 

Congrats!

Status generated!

You may now leave this waiting area and proceed to Solkira itself.

 

This was certainly a little different from what she expected. Mom never mentioned something about a waiting area. She quickly found her primer, and it mentioned the whole bit about status and that upon arrival in the world you would be prompted by the system. What she saw conformed to that, but nothing was mentioned about a waiting area. That seemed weird. She felt a little worried, but stepped through anyway. What she was greeted with was not the ancient silver spires and majestic peaks described in the book. Rather instead were majestic marble walls, silver white pillars and ancient murals.

Around her were a number of men in priestly robes, who seemed rather surprised by her appearance and were speaking rapidly in an unfamiliar tongue. She ignored them for a moment as she looked around, noting a mirror on one side. In it was reflected her form. She was wearing a simple crop top that left her belly exposed and only covered her boobs, along with a skirt that stopped halfway down her thighs. She looked rather human-like at the moment, with long silky black hair and silver eyes. Her skin was smooth like porcelain without any blemish and a creamy pale white. She was also a little on the tall side for her species at 142 centimeters tall. She considered spreading her wings and letting her racial features manifest, but the room seemed rather cramped.

Glancing elsewhere, she noted a couple of female beastkin in the room. Neither was the same species, one was a cat, the other a mouse. Both were lightly dressed, equipped with black collars and acting as attendants to the priests in the room, who were gathered around an old table.

One of them suddenly said something to her. Meaningless nonsense as far as she was concerned, but she wasn’t really listening anyway. He was not impressive, with a rounded belly, pudgy cheeks and balding hair. She turned towards a mural to study it. Noting it seemed to depict some kind of godly battle. It was rather well done. Suddenly she heard angry shouting behind her, and turned to find that ugly man from a moment ago now standing above her, a whip in hand. He tried to strike her with it. Only for reality itself to distort and the whip sailed harmlessly through her, as if she was a ghost. She giggled, did this fool really try to strike her with a mundane weapon? Was he that stupid? The only way he would ever hit her that way was if she allowed it. That was how her racial ability True Physical Immunity worked, it surrounded her with a mystical barrier that would distort space itself to prevent her from suffering physical damage. No mundane weapon could ever strike her or any of her species unless they allowed it.

Turning to the man with anger clear in his eyes, she finally opened her mind and let knowledge flow through her. It seemed she would need to speak with them. He spit as he spoke, his words finally making sense, “Are you listening to me young lady!?

“Not really and I am fairly sure I am older than you.”

He glared and raised his hand to strike her, “Don’t disrespect me!”

A second later, a younger priest grabbed the man's hand, “There is no need for that.”

He turned to her, the tall man kneeling a little to look her in the eyes, “I think he is just mad that you were ignoring him. Mind telling us how you got in here? Where is your father?”

She looked around, “I’m not really sure why I am here, the gate is supposed to lead to the Gateway Mountains. Not wherever here is, where are we anyway?”

“You are in the Grand Temple of Aurous in the city of Salmus. Was your father supposed to be with you?”

She frowned, “Why do you keep asking about my father?”

“Well young girls like yourself aren’t really supposed to be wandering about without their father. He’s supposed to keep them out of trouble and keep them safe.”

“I’m more than capable of defending myself. I recently passed the Lord-level magic test to prove it.”

He blinked, “Lord? You are some kind of princess?”

“I guess, you could call me one.”

He let out a breath, “Well I can’t just leave you here. If you would forgive my colleague, I’ll find you a place to stay for now. We can see about finding your guardian later.”

She had a feeling that that second bit wouldn’t be needed and she had enough sense not to argue too much. Sadly she was kinda used to being treated like a kid, but she sensed this man was honest. “I’m sure they will be along eventually, but sure a place to stay would be nice.”

He smiled and gestured out of the room. Leading her down the hall. She looked around noting all the displays of wealth. Many of the girls she passed all had collars, many of them were beastkin of one variety or another. The rest had either human or elvish features. Women decidedly seemed to be second class here. She did see a few girls without collars though, often clinging to a male priest. Back home a collar was something worn by lords in training, she wore one in the past when she was unable to properly control her magic. The collar served to restrain and regulate her magic. To keep her from harming herself or others, but that didn’t seem to be the meaning of one here.

“What’s with all the girls with collars?”

“The slaves? Don’t mind them. I’ll be lending you a few as servants unless you have money to buy your own. A princess should have a few attendants, gate mishap notwithstanding.”

She had something for money. Gold coins her mother had packed as part of her supplies. Milith wasn’t sure how much she had though. Moments later, they came across a well-decorated room. Milith was led inside and the tall priest closed the doors behind them, while she was looking over the bedding. It was different from what she was used to. The man let out a breath, “Since this seems to be your first time in the Theocracy, let me do you a favor.”

She turned, “Hmm?”

He pointed to a desk, as he took a chair nearby, “Princess or not, there are a few things a young lady like you will need to know. To avoid trouble like you nearly got into with Sarian. He’s part of Darious’s sect and that lot is nothing but trouble. I really suggest you don’t leave this suite without a priest of my sect to protect you either.”

“ I don’t think I would need protection. I really can defend myself.”

“Yes you do seem capable, but I’m not suggesting this because I think you are weak. I do however think you are ignorant of the social norms here. So sit and I’ll try to get you ready to face them.”

She sighed and settled into the chair. It seemed like today might be a long day.

34