B2 — 45. Twin Souls
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TY to those who want to support me!  Please Rate & Review!

#1 Audiobook in the Coming of Age Fantasy for Teens Category!

ATM V1 Audiobook - (21 Hours Long)

ATM Kindle Book - (185k Words Long)

Patreon - Special Thanks To My 230+ Patrons!

Discord Link - Growing Community o7

 

PoV:

1. Elinor (Our Lich Empress!)


Flipping her spear to her back, Elinor trained her eye on her sister’s former incarnation as the pressure of her spirit expanded, weighing down on her like a gravitational force. If she were in the real world instead of this inner sanctum, she knew that she would be utterly paralyzed by the Divine and Infernal waves the dawn elf emanated.

“An intervention?” Elinor scoffed, focusing her will since this was not a battle of raw power but of fortitude; Nungal had been very specific about what she could and couldn’t do when engaging in a battle of wills. “Why do we hate each other so much? Please, enlighten me.”

As Ashrit’s vision narrowed, a skin-prickling silence met her. The dead goddess lifted her free hand to flex her fingers, and Elinor took a single step forward before bone-chilling ice cascaded through her soul. On instinct, she jumped to the right, her hair standing on end, and a tingling sensation she’d experienced earlier this week tightened her gut.

A flash of light and the ear-rupturing chaos of thunder ripped through her frame as the bolt was absorbed by the golden platform. Landing on her feet, careful not to slide on the smooth polished surface of the metal floor, she blinked to adjust her eyes. Yet Ashrit hadn’t moved from her spot, now examining her gown with displeasure.

Despite her ringing ears, the elf was easily heard. “What… a gaudy incarnation you are—Butter, was it? Hmm. Why gold? No, this is better!”

“Priss?!”

Elinor’s jaw slackened as her gold-haired sister stumbled forward, a glowing orb dislodging itself from her body. Ashrit’s radiant, dawn elf figure took form behind Butter; Ashrit had somehow separated herself from Butter. Nungal had not mentioned this.

Butter dove forward, using one hand to try to flip around, yet ruby chains split space beside the smirking elf, connecting to her twin’s ankle and jerking her back.

“Oh, c’mon—ack! Priss, she’s still trying to sort through the changes to our soul—mmmm!”

Ashrit’s entertained lime-green eyes peeked over Butter’s shoulder as more chains strung up her double between Elinor and her. She smoothly slid a white cloth gag around her twin’s mouth. “Now, now, Butter, let’s not give our sister any more insights into what I might be doing. You are so… not what I envisioned when concocting this plan of mine. Bumps can be ironed out, though. I cannot believe you allowed yourself to be called after… fat. Ugh.”

Elinor felt a protective spike bud within her upon seeing her twin chained and gagged. Nungal hadn’t given her all the information on purpose; it could have been due to the constraints on the Legend Quest’s rewards or possibly for far more nefarious reasons.

Taking a deep breath and letting it go with the stress in her chest, she cursed as lightning bolts shot out of the sky, creating the shapes of lions. The electricity sparked around the beasts, shaking their thick manes and roaring before prowling forward.

Ashrit floated into the air, a carnelian stone throne materializing behind her as she leaned against its armrest and lazily brought Butter up to watch; the goddess’ dress shimmered before being replaced by a lapis lazuli blue and white.

“You are lucky I am too preoccupied learning about these… changes these Seeds have made to our souls to direct my attention at you, Irkalla—along with some annoying flies outside. How… frustrating. This is wrong,” she growled, spear vanishing as her fingers pressed against her left breast. “Something drastic has changed in the higher dimensions.”

Time seemed to slow as Elinor cautiously backed away from the giant lions, at least twice the size of the largest she had seen on Earth, their red-and-blue fur matching the goddess’ throne and gown. She kept close track of the cats but knew soon one would disappear behind her, waiting to attack at a blind spot.

Nungal hadn’t mentioned Butter being separated or Ashrit being able to summon animals to do her bidding; she suspected there was a lot the Goddess of Chains had kept private in their training. However, if what she suspected was right, Nungal had given her the puzzle pieces to bring it together.

“You split persona, but your soul is still linked,” she chuckled, drawing Ashrit’s displeased gaze. “If anything happens to Butter, then you’ll receive the same damage.”

Butter gave her a creased eye that asked, ‘What are you thinking, Priss?! I’m not a pincushion for you to poke holes in!’

A giggle shook Ashrit’s frame as she locked vision with her. “You’ve been talking to someone. Hmm. We’re being manipulated. But by who? No, this does take priority. It’s too important not to address, and my stupid incarnation is fighting my search for answers.”

Elinor spun around as the lion pounced, only to shield her face in surprise as it illuminated and exploded in arcs of lightning; she grounded her spear, yet none of the bolts struck her.

“Agk! What’s wrong with you? Priss, she’s going to try to kill me to take over control!”

Spinning around, she saw the chains around Butter vanish, replaced with a gag, dropping her twin to her butt, and the other lion exploded in like fashion, energy sinking into the golden stage. Yet, Ashrit simply remained in her seat above them, a smirk playing at the corner of her mouth.

“Not yet, my young counterpart,” the goddess mused, legs crossed and the pulsing force of her expanding spiritual pressure weighing down on them again. “I need to confirm a few things, and that requires me to be a tad less… hostile. Work with me, and maybe you will find the chance to actually strike me. It isn’t as if you have a choice.”

Elinor’s throat tightened as Ashrit lifted a hand, emerald flames rising up her wrist to her fingertips; Death Energy began leaving her body, yet it wasn’t from her Death Pool but somewhere far deeper within her—some kind of hidden reservoir she couldn’t access. Her entire body erupted in green fire, filling her with a subtle strength.

“What… is this?” It clicked shortly after as Elinor felt thousands of souls chained to her soul from an eternity away. “You’re using my power,” she mumbled in shock, the tremor from a wellspring within her core being drawn out by the elf as a vision of the outside world gripped her. “How?”

An entire landscape pulsed to life in Elinor’s mind, each flash image coming into color with every beat of a heart. Horrific monsters, the US military, the Susime, and Infernal demons from Hell were below Ashrit. The goddess’ teeth flashed, and time slowed to a crawl. Only four people stood in the sky around the golden-haired elf to face her—all enemies. Elinor saw as each realized the truth about what was about to happen—disbelief mirrored the monster, demon, coyote, and hare woman’s faces.

A mere second had passed since Ashrit had released her Divine Twin Soul Expansion in the outside world, and it had enclosed the entire Crystal barrier, pushing it further outward. Abruptly, the rain reversed, and lightning flashed across the sky as the clouds radiated a golden glow instead of darkness.

Ashrit opened her arms and welcomed her opponents, wreathed in an aurous glow. The former goddess of another world grabbed a lightning bolt in one hand, forming a spear, and in the other, emerald flames flared, chaining the dead below her to her will.

“Well, shall we dance?”

The vision broke, and Elinor found herself alone, the pattering of raindrops against her scalp pulling her gaze skyward to a dreary, weeping heavens. She felt every droplet against her prickling skin, a foreign, hollow numbness gripping her soul as she tilted her head to observe the memory from her past life—Irkalla’s memory.

Taking a step to turn and observe the dead city below her, she heard no sound from the night elf metropolis she’d found and liberated. Ashrit had awakened to her memories and found her, tricked her into a one-on-one battle, only to have her true objective be the city. All along the staircase to a high palace above, bodies were strewn behind her, and not a single drop of blood was on her soaked white robes.

The beating of her undead heart sounded in her own head—it hadn’t been undead in her previous life—and each thump reacted in a slow sway of motion that came from her past incarnation.

Elinor shifted to stare at the top of the bloody staircase, her smirking sister waiting with her elite guards. She admired her handiwork and showed off a cut on her cheek she’d sustained from their earlier fight. The kingdom had been Irkalla’s first attempt to build a force to rival her established sister in their previous world.

At age 19, she’d established her own people by conquering a tyrannical ruler under her sister’s heel, only for her sister and her forces to lay waste to the entire kingdom in under a week. There was no pity or remorse in Elinor’s heart at the loss, only cold, calculating odds. She could escape, but first, a psychological blow against her people would be needed—at least six of the twelve guards she’d grown up with—that would be a sufficient attack against their morale.

Fingers tightening against her chipped and battered spear, a chilling smile lifted her lips as she rose to meet her sister. Ashrit was arrogant. She was born with everything, while Irkalla had nothing from the moment she was born. It didn’t matter how often Ashrit foiled her upstart kingdoms; as long as she had faith in herself, she could never lose.

In an instant, Ashrit was in front of her, prickling the hair on the back of Elinor’s neck, yet she didn’t retreat. Standing her ground while looking into the dawn elf’s searching gaze, Butter slid between them, surprising Elinor a tad and making the woman laugh as she gracefully skipped back to her throne.

“What is your deal?!”

“Things have gone very wrong. A look into our past, Elinor? We don’t have time for such reflections. There are much more pressing things to consider, so take a seat and wait for your—what is this?” Ashrit’s body froze, vision widening before narrowing to slits. “Nungal! That is how you were prepared for me. Hmm. It was Nungal…”

“Who-a-nun?” Butter snarled, bumping shoulders with Elinor as she recovered from her flash memory; the confidence and unyielding resolve resonated with her. “What is up with you, Priss? I’m the only one fighting here! Pull your shit together. This bitch is not going to take the body I finally got for myself! Humph. I haven’t even had the chance to kiss anyone yet!”

Elinor looked down at her spear, a half-smile lifting the corner of her lips before tossing it to the side.

“Okay,” Butter groaned, “you’ve lost it, Priss!”

“No. I feel quite well. This is a battle of Intelligence. The willpower within us that gives us our individuality is at stake. Nungal was killing me over and over again for the fun of it while building my frustration. You don’t need to understand it, so much as I need to understand your position right now, Butter. What matters… is her—Ashrit, your former life come back to haunt us.”

Striding forward, Elinor summoned her own throne. It wasn’t like the previous effortless times she’d changed her internal world; there was resistance. “It doesn’t matter how much more powerful Ashrit is, Butter. She needs us in order to sustain the power that is trouncing her opponents outside. There’s something else that is bothering her, though… Something more pressing than making me look like a fool.”

Butter growled, fixed her out-of-place white dress, and made her own throne to sit beside her. “I figured Utelira was setting me up for a trap, but I knew you would have intervened since our souls are linked… I did not expect to be greeted and confronted by my rude former self. I’d like an update, whenever possible, by the way.”

“In time,” Elinor whispered. “There is a lot to unpack… Go on, Ashrit. Quit wasting our time.”

The golden-haired elf tilted her head to the side, scrutinizing them in a way that reminded Elinor of Nungal; Ashrit had experience and powers they couldn’t even dream of at this point in their life, but that held little sway in a raw battle of wills. Butter was fighting for what she’d been denied for as long as she could remember: a body. And Elinor knew it was a hill on which she’d die over.

Ashrit huffed, waving her hand to create an image of the sly Goddess of Chains, pulling their gaze. “Nungal is such a shit-starter. Haaa. This isn’t her work, though… This Seed inside of us. Elinor, tell me what you know about it because this energy stored within it is… troubling.

“How did we get to… this place? What are these Eldritch Crystals that connect realities that should not be bridged? Why are foreign deities entering the arena to fight me as if their very existence depends on taking this Seed? Annoying weaklings… Quit fighting me, Butter, and give me the answers I am looking for! This is not how our conflict was supposed to conclude. This Seed has ruined everything I had planned. Explain!”

“Make me!” Butter shot back with a smirk. “What, are you too preoccupied trying to squeeze out my memories to give these gods your attention?”

Elinor relaxed, seeing Ashrit in a new light after her past memory. “Keep fighting, Butter.”

Her twin rolled her eyes, looking absolutely gorgeous now that all of her wounds were healed and her radiance was put on full display. “Like I need your permission, Priss. I have your body, by the way. The—”

“Prume took it,” Elinor interjected, “yes, I know. Work with me, Butter, and when we get back, we can enjoy our first lovely meal together as sisters. My promise.”

If Butter had elf ears, they would have been wiggling, by the excitement that budded on her face. “You haven’t eaten yet? I made a bet with Conquest that you would have. My choice?”

“Your choice.”

“Deal!” Butter settled into her seat, now the picture of confidence. “Alright, imposter, you’re going to have to play ball with us if we’re going to cooperate. So spill the mud!”

“Beans,” Elinor passively corrected, making Butter’s eyebrows draw together and give her a look that said she was crazy.

“Why would you spill beans? It’s good food. Mud would be much better to spill since no one would care… unless it was in my house or on my clothes—and beans wouldn’t be any better in that case, either.”

Elinor’s mouth became a line, and she rubbed her temple. “Typical Butter. I’ve missed you, Sister. First, confirm this to me… It was never your goal to kill Irkalla.”

“Aww. Cute… sister bonding,” Ashrit sighed, spinning her finger in the air and creating an image of the dark blue skin elf. “I will be blunt. No, Elinor, my goal was not to kill Irkalla in my incarnation… I wanted to learn the depths of my sister’s heart and how cold it could grow until I found the sliver of light left in the darkness I could exploit in this, our final life. I wanted to know what my sister was at her core—when she was pushed to her extreme. Do you know what I found?”

Butter snickered, shooting a side-long glance at her. “Family? She is a big softy for family and building one.”

Ashrit’s smirk became vicious as thunder rolled overhead, and scenes of a colossal army materialized below them. They faced a lone figure: Irkalla. Standing atop a cliff, Ashrit stared down at her dark-skinned twin as the warrior slowly walked right through the hail of magical shards that peppered the landscape like needles, yet not one touched the focused night elf, drenched in blood and illuminated by her manifest inner spirit empowering her.

“No… Irkalla had no light. No compassion, no heart, no forgiveness… no weakness.”

Irkalla met the host on her own, cleaving through monsters, elves, and colossal war beasts as if nothing posed the slightest challenge to her. She coldly and methodically dismembered the army, not so much as breaking a sweat.

“The people and gods alike throughout the realms we fought in my incarnation called her Mada Yara—the Smiling Dead Goddess.” Ashrit’s fingers twitched, and Elinor wondered if the former goddess’ gaze was fearful as she watched her twin eviscerate the sea of bodies sent against her—man, woman, and child.

“Irkalla is a woman of intense focus… commitment… and sheer unmitigated will—something you inherited, Elinor… at least in part. I once saw her kill a Devil Pit Lord with a blessed feather—a blessed… feather. She took no lover. She had no fears. She only had one goal… and sadly, it wasn’t to kill me in this life, despite everything I did. Somehow, her gaze was only on one Infernal figure who masqueraded as a goddess.”

Elinor’s throat went dry, the memory of the cosmic-eyed woman’s grinning face flashing through her mind with all of her training. “Nungal.”

“Again, who is the nun?!”

Butter’s confused and agitated tone made Elinor chuckle. “Someone I’ve recently met… Her powers aren’t divine, then?”

“Not in the slightest,” Ashrit snickered, wiping away the scene. “Nungal is a mystery even to Irkalla and I. What I do know is that she has watched every life we’ve lived; it doesn’t matter what godly sphere we end up in next… she is there, and be it deity or devil lord… everyone fears her. I’ve answered your questions. Butter, give me what I want. It is to our benefit in any case!”

Elinor picked at her fingernails as Butter looked at her. “Not yet. What exactly is a Soul Expansion? I know what a Soul Expanse is, but Nungal made it seem very important.”

To her surprise, Butter was the one who answered her. “Ho-ho! I know something the great empress does not,” she chimed, a smirk lifted her cheeks as she leaned to the side to gloat. “Utelira explained the basics to me. Essentially, the soul is—”

“Yes, yes,” Elinor impatiently waved off, “the soul is the Intelligence, spirit, and body in unity. The Soul Expanse is our inner soul in its entirety… but what is Soul Expansion, and why is there a specific name to it?”

“The name part… I don’t know,” Butter mumbled, “but the expansion part is basically your soul spreading out to encompass a set area, allowing you to exert your will upon reality. Utelira said that it is isolated, though… but Ashrit’s isn’t.”

The former goddess chortled. “So young and innocent.” Her tone became molten. “Not by accident! Give me access to your memories, Butter, and I’ll tell you everything.”

Elinor glanced at her nervous sister. “Do it… but be prepared to fight with me. Once she solves this mystery that’s bugging her… we’re next on the menu.”

“Smart,” Ashrit whispered, vision narrowing as Butter opened up the memories for her to scan through. “You don’t even know how to access your experiences in the womb. Such ignorance… but it is from your parents.

“A manipulation of selective breeding over a century, which developed a natural temperamental change within the unique set of spiritual genetics that molded our spirits… We were not supposed to be born to Edmon and Tiffany—evidence shows they weren’t even in our same Existence by their unique spiritual design.”

The elf woman’s hands gripped the side of her chair, crushing the stone to powder. “Yes, there’s an Eldritch touch to this Existence we’re in! Who is this small… thing? Revilla… Some worthless dead Pit Fiend, in the revival process and given the power to act as a puppet… but by who? Nothing I’ve come across… feels like this.”

Getting up, she began to pace, looking at things neither Butter nor she could see as she mumbled. The rumbles in the heavens escalated with her agitation.

“Foreign Existences meshed into a maelstrom. Sealed dimensional walls to prevent strong influence from outside parties, limiting even Nungal. An infiltrating malignant force designed to bridge pathways through the walls by using the Eldritch Crystals as gateways from the outer circle of the maelstrom to the inner… where we were and where this now connects.”

She glowered at something before dismissively waving her hand. “An annoying Hare of Misfortune with hidden secrets placed in my path to distract me. Desperate Lesser Deities pining for these Seeds… but who gave these Seeds? Two types—two sources—both Neutral Force, one to the highest degree, the other to a lesser degree. Souls and fractured omniverses in the form of Seeds, expanding to counter the compressing force of the maelstrom… It’s all by design. Plots within plots. Enemies beyond sight… This is no longer a game.”

Ashrit seemed to come to some sort of conclusion as she looked over at them, a cryptic look on her golden face. “Perhaps… it would be better if I were to work with my sister. The threat certainly does seem warranted… Nungal’s intervention proves that much… She’s scared of something I can’t see from my limited dimensional vision. The signs are there, though.”

“Hello!” Butter shouted, waving at her double. “You said you’d tell us about the whole Heaven and Earth Domain thing! Could you maybe make some sense instead of mumbling like a crazy woman?”

Elinor figured her twin knew that some of her ramblings contained critical information, but she wanted to annoy the former goddess. “I’m glad you’re coming around to our way of thinking, Ashrit! So, why not give Butter back her body—no harm, no foul—and tell us about Soul Expansions so we can move on with our plans?”

Ashrit paused, her face creasing with a dark glint in her lime-green eyes. A sweet scent carried along the strong breeze that flowed around them, and a sharp sense of danger ran down Elinor’s spine. Butter summoned a spear, distancing herself to the side of Elinor as she summoned her own.

“Mmm.” Ashrit held her hands behind her back while glancing between them. Her gold-liquid locks molded around her shoulders as her head tilted heavenward. Abruptly, the storm parted to reveal a dazzling sun that lit up the whole stadium. “I bet you don’t even know why your instincts are screaming at you to keep your distance.”

“You could enlighten me,” Elinor returned, her eyes narrowing as her twin’s illuminated aquamarine irises told her to follow up on her attack. “You’re the one who said you wanted an intervention. Where’s the education? Didn’t you want to distance Butter and me?”

Ashrit’s lips peeled back, revealing her perfect teeth. Now, she began circling them, moving in the opposite direction, and lightning brought the two lions by her side. “Do you know how many times we’ve been at each other’s throats, my dear big sister?”

“Enlighten us,” Butter huffed. “I don’t really like Priss, but she’s a hell of a lot better than you… I’d probably hate me if I were you—oh, I am, and I do!”

The former goddess’ chest shook with laughter as she expertly flipped her spear around in an effortless dance. It was as if she were looking at Nungal again.

“Too cute! Let’s just say it’s been too many times, and this is the last. Nungal told you that I could not attack you so long as you didn’t initiate, didn’t she? You’d have an advantage if I stepped across the divide between our souls first. Butter doesn’t count, though. How close are we as sisters now… because I would rather drag out Irkalla than have a weak-willed sister like you.”

“Rude!” Butter shouted. “Priss is not weak-willed! Yeah, okay, Elinor, I hate myself now. Please pinch me if I ever turn into this much of a bitch. She didn’t even tell us about Soul Expansions—nice kitties!”

Elinor smiled as the lion’s roar rippled through the air. “Bluff. Butter is your hardest fight, and attacking her leaves you open for attack. I’ve figured that much out. Butter…”

“Now, what fun do we have here?” All of them froze as a malevolent force seeped into Elinor’s chest. A brown-haired woman materialized off to the side; Autumn’s monstrous yellow eyes scanned the scene she’d stumbled upon. “I could offer a bit of assistance, ladies.”

Ashrit smiled at the creature’s appearance. “A hag… and a powerful one. Yes, please, join us. I would love to meet you!”

“No, no, no!” Autumn dismissed, waving her hand. “I know very well what will happen to me should I get any closer to you, my lovely dead goddess. I do not plan on taking the path of whatever lesser deity you squeezed to a pulp to reignite that power! My advice is more catered to these fine women… you are the dominant personality, my sweet,” she cooed, lustful eyes darting to Butter. “She’s just a remnant—a phantom, on her last breath—you can seal…”

“Not… exactly,” Ashrit interjected. She made a simple gesture with her finger, separating the hag’s neck from her body; the malicious energy evaporated in an instant, and the lions moved closer. “Dabbling in things above your neck might land it in hot water… Let us end this little game. I need to have a talk with my real sister. You can just… go.”

Golden chains flew out of the sky to circle Butter, only to shatter as her radiant twin puffed up her chest and stood tall. “Mmm. No, I don’t think so! I think I’ve figured it out… Opening up my memories was a two-way street, which is how I know what you’re doing now. Priss, take this!”

“Stop!” Ashrit shot forward as Butter threw her the golden spear she’d made. “Both of you are clueless. Your instincts and experiences have been carefully manipulated in a natural way that should be impossible! I can show you how to access the Divine and Infernal Forces within—”

“Mmm. I don’t think so,” Elinor chimed, snatching her sister’s spear out of the air. The second it touched her hand, a resonance passed between her and Butter, the information blooming within her mind and making her laugh. “It’s so simple!”

“Elinor!” Ashrit growled, now looking intimidated as she stopped in front of her, the lions instantly boxing her in. “The Scarlet Hand is a temporary threat. I know the bigger players. We can work together!”

“At the price of my little sister I’ve grown to… like—love is a strong word,” she said, shooting her twin a pained smile.

“No, I totally get it!” Butter chirped. “Now stake this bitch since I can’t get to her to stab her, and you only get one shot before she has a chance at killing you.”

Ashrit held up her spear, yet Elinor had another plan. Leaning back, she threw her spear high in the air, careful at her aim, and realized why Nungal had ended their final fight this way.

Butter’s eyes bugged out. “You… are such an idiot, Priss! What are you doing?! That’s the only weapon that can—”

Elinor lurched forward, making Ashrit curse and redirect her weapon not to strike first as she embraced her dead sister. “A hug goodbye, Ashrit. You won’t be missed.”

“This… is not how Irkalla fights!”

“This is how I fight!”

Ashrit screamed and struggled to shake her off, yet a vision flashed through Elinor’s mind the moment they came together—a graceful hare woman with a hammer landed the first blow Ashrit had received in the entire fight against her four opponents on the outside.

The clattering of chains split space, and the spiritual links attached to the spear’s point. The holy weapon was carried right into Elinor’s back, impaling both of them to the stage.

“Now, Butter!”

Her twin vanished, reappearing above them as Elinor wrestled the former goddess, hands gripping the shaft. A flash of light blinded her, and every soul Ashrit raised using her power was sent back to the void. When the light faded, her former twin was nowhere to be seen, and she had a front-row seat to Butter’s obnoxiously perfume-laced carpet.

“Ugh. What is this?” she tumbled, feeling at her chest to find no hole.

“My favorite scent! Don’t bash it. Humph. Hey!”

“Can you get your fat ass off me?” Elinor grumbled, forcing Butter off her. “You… could have sealed me with her. Why didn’t you? You’d have the room to yourself,” she laughed, feeling pressure welling up in her chest.

Butter held out a hand to help her up, a smile on her pretty lips. “I do have a nice ass, by the way. And it would be boring if I were alone… I’ve felt anxious being apart this long already, which… is kind of embarrassing to admit,” she mumbled. “Plus, she’s in here… not gone. I had to use the Divine power she absorbed as the seal, taking it away from her, but if it’s not used in a solidified form, then she can take hold of it again—it’s complicated.”

Elinor frowned as her twin held up the spear before setting it on a bracket she had created above their long, shared fireplace. “So… she’s just here with us now? Lame. That’s not comforting. Can we throw her in a random room, at least?”

“Eh. Probably not the best idea, Sis,” Butter mumbled, sinking into her seat as if exhausted. “What if Shade somehow got in and released her without us noticing? I’m just saying, it’s best to have the dangerous stuff where we can keep an eye on it.”

Stumbling onto her side of the room, Elinor felt the tension around her break as she phased through the cracked barrier. The pearls Nungal got them would be a welcomed addition since she didn’t expect her diamond to last much longer in this state—their spiritual force was already leaking out.

“So, Twin Souls… and she’s gone,” Elinor growled as her twin faded away. Now that Ashrit had been kicked out of her body, she returned to it.

She took a moment to ponder everything that had happened, expecting Autumn to be outside while she stared at the spear on the wall, a small smile brightening her lips. Butter and she had repaired another board in their burnt bridge.

“So, our Twin Soul can resonate with one another if we work together, combining Infernal and Divine Force, which multiplies its effects by rebounding off one another when in harmony. Interesting.

“Does that mean we can do a normal [Twin Soul Expansion: Heaven and Earth’s Domain]? It doesn’t have to be at the level of Divine and Infernal, right? Food for thought. Butter is actually pretty powerful, though. In any case, my sister certainly can pull out a side of me that I keep suppressed. Hmm.

“Autumn’s intrusion was… unexpected, and hopefully won’t come back to bite me in the ass. In any case, time to meet a headless hag and make this deal.”


Maps:

Conquest Valley (With Markings)

Conquest Valley (Without Markings)

 

Discord Link - Growing Community =D

View and help contribute to the Wiki

 

Support me on Patreon and get up to:  Note that Instead of 'first of the month' billing, I have opted into 'pay on the same day you sign up'!

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) ahead in A Tail's Misfortune

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in The Oscillation Rewrite

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in UE Rewrite

+ 10 Chapters (10 Weeks) Ahead in PokéSync (Pokemon Fanfic)

- 8 Chapters in The Power Of Cuteness And Positivity

- Soul's Requiem - Getting ready for Amazon Release (whenever I get the cover art T_T)

+ Random stories, such as Mystic:  My First Attempt At A Male Protag Isekai

+ Access to Polls

+ All my commissioned artwork is up for free on my Patreon!

image

Current Books on Amazon:

0