B2 — 5. There Will Be Mutiny
133 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PoV:

1. Elinor (Our Undead Empress!)

I want to thank my patrons for continuing to support me:

John Driscoll, x51t2, Zel, Darth Mole, Vantimiglia, RedWolf17, Kyle Markman, Exxator, Kriden, Emjayw, Alex Griffin, Thriarsis, Flaranor, AI Simpson, and my other Patrons!


Leaving Valdar to stew on her words, Elinor glanced to the right as she passed the entourage she’d brought, waiting for orders near the platform.  Her horsemen, Quin, Garu, and her two maids showed the dirt and grime of travel as a host of ri’bot children hovered around them.

It was rather intriguing that the race developed so quickly yet had such a stunted society.  All of the kids were around a year old, yet had the mental faculties of a human three-year-old, asking who they were and why they looked so weird.

The fact they were considered full adults at the age of eight and relationships started around the age of four to five, mirroring teenage love, told her there was a lot of potential in the toad people.

One thing to note was the disproportionate ratio of female-to-male ri’bot everywhere she looked; their population was dwindling due to a numbers game.

After everything she’d heard from the Delthax warriors on their journey back, the underlying complaints and issues they spoke of were now taking shape in her mind.  It was far worse than she’d initially thought, and Valdar’s bid for peace wasn’t just for the unity and survival of the species itself.

What a complicated situation, she thought while examining the key differences between the genders that she’d been able to identify.

A few of the older kids clustered around Quin were trying to climb up her legs to the fear of their parents, but the soldier parents, who had become accustomed to her undead over the last six weeks, laughed and urged them not to let fear hold them back.

On the other hand, the older generations glared from the background.  Stories about quen’talrat and the horrors of their incredible durability, strength, intelligence, and ferocity were instilled by their own parents.

It would be harder to convince the old dogs to let up, which was an important factor for her to consider; Chief Kalix would get resistance from the seniors, even with Valdar’s backing.  Although, she had to break many cultural barriers to reach her end goal for the valley ri’bot.

The trick was to move slowly, chipping away at things bit by bit.  A centimeter here and there until they crossed the line without so much as noticing where they stood.  Tiffany had given her quite a few lessons on historical conquest and politics that she swiftly absorbed on their journey.

One recount Elinor was rather fond of was called the Hegelian dialectic: create a problem, then solve it for them, thereby building their trust.  It had been something she’d used against the four clans to maneuver herself into this exact position and was very effective.

Similarly, it paid to remember details and issues others spoke about.  It could be like pulling teeth to get people to admit they were having trouble with something or needed help, but if one already knew an issue, then it wasn’t challenging to direct a situation where you could solve it.

Rapport was instrumental in developing an empire by connecting to already established communities.  She’d had many of her undead spying on conversations on their journey to get a general understanding of the Delthax lifestyle and troubles.  Now, she had the ear of their chief, and a way to worm her way into a stronger position.

Vision returning to her destination, she spoke to them privately through the Nexus.  Elinor knew she would be returning shortly; her purpose here was only to secure a path forward with the Delthax, and she had many more alliances and conditions to meet to facilitate a solid place for her empire and citizens.

Angélica, join Valdar and scan the valley from this vantage point.  If he engages you, then entertain him.  Primarily, I want you to identify landmarks and areas of interest.

The thin and somewhat emotionless ruby-eyed maid and sniper moved to follow her orders without hesitation, her black ponytail bouncing against the small of her back.

“Can I ask him about the places that I find noteworthy?”

Subtly, Elinor returned, walking casually not to appear rushed on her open march toward their chief’s hut.  We want an understanding of the history of the various clans and the problems they each have.  Important landmarks or battlegrounds.  Knowing a people’s history and culture is integral to discovering what will appeal to them.

“Yes, Empress.”

Adoncia, we will leave by nightfall, which means we will have plenty of time to explore the Delthax’s capital.  Wander with the soldiers we have and learn about the locals.  I should be joining you in time.  Keep an eye out for anything of interest.  Mingle, and gauge their reception.

The dark-haired, golden-eyed girl’s expression brightened.  “I wanted to bring back some stories I can tell my little brother.  Thank you, Empress.”

She spoke with a few of the nearby warriors, and some of the kids jumped at the idea of giving her a tour; they had ‘secret’ spots and the best places to look out across the valley.

White, explore the mountains with your siblings, and return by sunset.  If you can make it to the top and survey the other side, then that would be ideal, but if it isn’t possible by the end of the day, then don’t bother.

“At once, Mistress,” the white-flaming woman stated, causing a short stir as they turned their horses to leave, Quin explaining to the other guards what they were tasked to do; the kids were enthralled whenever the giant ape spoke their language.  “Should we identify the best specimens for reaping?”

You might as well, and Garu…  The white-skinned ri’bot’s red eyes waited for her orders; she knew what he desired, and it might have been a tad reckless, but there would always be an ax hovering over her head from somewhere.

Make your way southwest from the Delthax territory and spy on the Prume.  I understand your clan was over a significant area to their west, outside of the valley.

Garu darted toward the bridge and jumped off, shocking the kids and parents as the warriors ran to the edge to see him fall to the river below.  Valdar had an amused grin on his face that said, ‘young ones.’

“I will bring back a detailed report over the area, Empress!”

She chuckled to herself while climbing the steep black wooden steps to the elevated residence; Quin would remain where she was, drawing attention.  Plus, having the giant gorilla girl roaming would only put the citizens on high alert.

Elinor flexed her fingers as she neared the top, considering the use of her newly acquired chain, but she hadn’t quite mastered the techniques she’d been practicing over the last few days.

Reaching the door, she didn’t even need to knock as the brown-spotted female Xaria opened the door, showing a sharp glare.  “What iz your buzinezz, Deaf Chief?”

Elinor tried not to smile at the lisp the Xaria had that called her the Deaf Chief instead of Death Chief.  Interesting; it appears that even nuances are translated though [Prose of the Potentate].  That will help me gauge weaknesses in the future, I’m sure.

“Your chief has asked me to accomplish a task, yet wouldn’t the details be required for him to launch a counter-attack against the Flex?”

“Let her by, Ectria…”

Wearing a scowl, she opened the door wider for her to enter, the ri’bot discovering most of her undead were gone.  Kalix sat at a table with a thin female ri’bot that had a very similar blue eye color to Valdar.  She had a staff next to her with a feather on it and symbols just like him, and brown face paint made into a star pattern on her head.

Elinor entered without hesitation and remained standing.  He didn’t offer her to sit, which told her he still didn’t consider her someone of respect yet.  It made sense; she’d proven to Valdar to be worthy of it, but his son would require more evidence.  The action also told her the man had divergent ideas from his grandfather.

She connected the dots from her conversations with Valdar throughout the weeks and addressed the young eight-year-old female; she had only just come of age this year.

“I see you are meeting with the Plant Caller Elect.  I hope I am not interrupting something important, Chief Kalix, Nina the Elect.”

Nina’s nervous fingers played with the small tunic she wore, which was rare for ri’bot that weren’t warriors; they only used it for storage, after all.  “You are the Death Chief from beyond the Crystal that Great Grandfather spoke of?”

“She is,” her cousin responded, his two Xaria remaining close in case they needed to take action.  “I told you what I expected of you.  Are you planning on attacking them right away?  I didn’t expect you to be so prepared.”

A slight tilt came to Elinor’s mouth as she took a more casual posture, scanning the interior that was party to all sorts of trophies from wars past from their extinguished family.

“Not precisely.  You gave me the task of subjugating the Lethix, which I am more than happy to do.  What if I were to propose a method that would require far less… death on your part, though?  Hmm-hmm.  I know, quite the proposal when I am an empress of it, yet there are many benefits that come from the living.”

Nina’s eyes widened.  “How?  The Flex and Lethix have a fearsome number of warriors.  Their blood poison and potent gas Mystics are extremely dangerous, as well.”

Well, that is something new to the discussion, Elinor mused to herself, glancing at the female Xaira and noticing places on her skin that showed signs of chemical damage; it wasn’t just birth mutations she was struggling with.  Chemical warfare, hmm?  That can be useful.  Acid could be an issue, though.

“That’s beside the point,”  Kalix evenly stated.  “Speak your mind so we can be done with this.”

Elinor didn’t break her cool cadence as she turned her gaze back to the chief.  “What if I could bring both the Flex and Lethix under my flag?”

The male Xaria snorted.  “Impossible.  The blood hatred between our clans has gone on for generations.  How can you, some random creature foreign to our world, hope to understand the grudges we hold toward one another?”

“You’re right,” she said, gazing at the muscular and intimidating ri’bot.  “I don’t understand all the intricacies.  I am, however, confident that I can make it happen, nonetheless.”

Stepping forward to the rough map drawn on animal hide on the table, she smiled at the chief as he held up his hand to stop the Xaria from forcing her back.  Nina’s elbows pressed against her sides as she watched them.

“The Wixum have been bleeding your clan of good men and women, harming your population and warriors due to their terribly large and exposed position.  You are fighting a war on their behalf on both the Flex to their south and the Lethix to their east; a war on two fronts that has continued to grind against the patience of your people generation after generation.”

She traced the painted colors on the map between them.  “At the same time, your very defensible position from the threat of open conflict has left you in a horrible spot for resources, which is where the Wixum have come into play to support you.  You couldn’t survive without the Wixum, which is why you’ve been forced to think of something that shames you…  Betrayal.”

Nina’s cobalt skin turned a lighter shade as she went pale.  “Betrayal?”

Elinor didn’t even notice when a blade was at her throat; Ectria was good, her sticky tongue binding her in place as the other Xaria towered nearby.

Kalix’s eyes were slits, a dangerous edge in his low voice.  “What has my grandfather told you?”

She didn’t flinch or show any signs of weakness or intimidation.  “Nothing.  It’s only natural that this would occur.  I am very observant and have many eyes, Chief Kalix.  You have a population problem and one that isn’t so easily fixed.  Unfortunately, the Wixum has an overabundance of female ri’bot.  Isn’t that an issue?”

“What is she talking about, Chief?”  Nina whispered, something licking in her mind.  “Is that why…  Is it that bad?  I knew we have been encouraging more female warriors as of late, but…”

Elinor didn’t have time to deal with the shock of learning about the horrible hole the Delthax were in, and even Valdar hadn’t told her about it.

“Things will become clear soon enough, Nina,” Elinor said, nudging her head to the bench the young woman was on.  “Might we be a tad more civil, Chief?”

Expression tight, the man made a gesture to release her; the sensation of the warm and sticky tongue unwinding around her felt gross, but she bore the discomfort.  A bath would definitely be necessary after this meeting.

She slid beside the frightened Plant Caller; the girl was likely quite sheltered, considering she was potentially the only one that could take Valdar’s place as a Grand Plant Caller, given some time.  Kalix’s arms were crossed atop the table, his focus entirely on her.

“I don’t like to mix words or waste time, Empress.  You can’t be thinking we would consort with the Lethix and Flex?  You’re wasting your time.”

Crossing her legs and adding a pleasant tone, Elinor folded her fingers in her lap.  “Perhaps in the short term, but how did your father and grandfather curb the stigma regarding the Wixum?  Hehe.  Exposure and time,” she answered.  “Their skin is lighter than yours but close enough not to feel too dissimilar.”

She directed their gaze to the scarred Xaria, prepared to take her head off.  “I can only imagine the racism and bullying Ectria here must have faced growing up.  I suspect it is part of the reason she chose this path in the first place; in all societies, the culturally beautiful are born with value and fawned on, while the ugly are required to earn it.”

Ectria’s nose twitched with anger, but she didn’t deny the law of nature; even the animal kingdom followed such rules of propagation.

“However…”  Elinor whispered, glancing at the male Xaria.  “What happens when there is an excess of females and a lack of males?  All of the females fight over the best picks, such as the top warriors and chief positions.  It’s nice at first, I suspect; but that can cause division and internal strife as time goes on.

“What happens to those poor ugly bastards?  Loneliness, hate, anger… lashing out at the women for their choices, and envy of the powerful social figures they flock to.  What about the women that are rejected or not as pretty as the top 20% that get all the attractive male attention?  Well, they’re angry, too, since they need to work or become warriors where these ‘bimbo’ pretty girls are allowed the easy life.  Quite the social challenge to overcome.”

“Get to the point,” the male Xaria snapped.  “You are saying there is a solution?”

“Pfft!”  Ectria snorted and expertly flipped around her knife; she could most likely gut Elinor in a hundred different ways in the blink of an eye.  “It’s impossible.  The pretty win and the ugly lose.  I will die a horrible death, and they’ll live a life of comfort while laughing at me behind my back.”

“What?  No, everyone respects all the accomplishments and support you’ve offered the clan, Ectria,” the male Xalira muttered, seemingly blindsided by her jaded statement.

Ectria’s single teeth bit into her skin, where scars had long formed, showing she’d had to bite her tongue often in their culture.  Elinor didn’t necessarily understand the experience since she had been one of those ‘pretty girls’ but had heard the speech enough times and seen the results throughout the crucible of private school.

“Oh, how ignorant the male experience is of the battle between women,” Elinor sighed.  “I’m shocked your society is so similar to the human’s, albeit with a far different standard of beauty and its markers…  No, Chief Kalix, your father and grandfather clearly saw the problem.  His mistake with the Wixum is…”

“That over 80% born are female,” Kalix snarled, rubbing his neck with a hiss as he looked to the side.  “Our population of male and female is roughly the same, but the Wixum male production has decreased dramatically in two generations.  They lost their Mystics, and every generation only seems to get worse…”

“Which is why their warrior population has shrunk significantly, as well,” Elinor concluded, connecting everything she’d learned thus far.  “The issue isn’t just that, though; their men have been snatched up by higher valued women in the Delthax, sparking many of the Wixum women to cope by putting all their efforts into supplying the Delthax.  It’s a mess.”

Nina rubbed her throat as it puffed out and in a few times, possibly out of nervousness.  “You have a solution, Empress?”

“An impossible one, as Meji mentioned,” Kalix grunted.  “You’re correct that my father and grandfather foresaw certain… problems arising and tried to fix them.  It worked for a time, but in the past century, it has only gotten worse, as if our Ancestors have cursed us.”

Elinor made a dismissive gesture.  “I don’t know about any curses, yet I have a solution that, while perhaps a tad radical and will be challenged by your elders, the youth should be receptive to.  Not only that, but a safe haven to test out this theory of mine.”

Kalix crossed his arms and sat back.  “In the Wixum territory…  Mmmgm.”

Meji forced a laugh.  “I can’t believe it; it is a fantasy!”

Elinor hummed, a small tilt coming to her lips as she eyed Ectria’s averted gaze.  “Loneliness is a powerful motivator that you, obviously, have not experienced.  Can I force the Lethix to submit?  I believe so.  It would come at a price, though, even for me and this ecosystem.  War is often the last move a leader should make.  Allow me the chance to prove it, Kalix.”

His hard, seafoam green eyes bore into hers.  “The Wixum is still considered enemy grounds for the Lethix and Flex.  They’ll never agree to it—Chief Yimara won’t agree to it; she’s terrified of the Flex since they put the curse on their family to die young.”

Elinor laughed, keeping her head high and flashing her teeth.  “So that’s the connection, hmm?  Bet on it.  I will solve this problem of yours, and Chief Yimara will beg for me to lead her clan by the end of my negotiations.  I will have a cease-fire within six weeks.”

Ectria looked stunned at the declaration, yet her chief made the Xaria go straight as a board.

“Heh.  It’s a bet, then.  If you fail, you will be used as fodder to put them in the ground.  Ectria and Meji will observe every interaction.  Xarias Kole and Desar will take over as my personal guard.”

“M-Me?”  Ectria stammered, stammer worsening.  “What part are we zuppozt to play?”

Elinor couldn’t have asked for a better outcome, and it was probably a wise decision on Kalix’s part; clearly, the powerful Xaria had buried spiteful feelings that made him want to test her loyalty.  Standing, she put a hand on the woman’s arm with a devilish grin.

“Oh, no need to be frightened.  It’s just a matchmaking treaty.  Hehe.  This will be fun.  I leave at dusk; I trust you two can travel proficiently during the night.  We aren’t stopping until we’re back at the Wixum camp.”

She nodded to the speechless Plant Caller Elect and left the hut for the chief to plot around her bet.  Elinor wasn’t stupid enough to think he or all of the warriors would be keen on the plan.  In fact, she suspected there would be an insurgency.  Why would the top men want to share their goods, after all?

Descending the stairs, she made a passing comment to Quin, still acting as a jungle gym—which made her snicker due to the landscape—for the thrilled ri’bot children, and went to Valdar and Angélica.  Taking the opposite side of him, Valdar gave her a guarded look.

“Are you marching on the Lethix in the next few days?”

Elinor showed him a smirk before turning her focus to the valley below, cutting out pieces of it to identify how much territory she would have once her campaign was over: more than half the valley, if she added the clanless to the list.  After all, why shouldn’t she?

“Indeed, Valdar… in passing to have a lovely discussion with the Roxim chief.  Once that is finished, I will return to seal the deal.  I must give them time to organize, after all.”

He sighed, shoulders slumping and staring at the river far below.  “I suppose war was inevitable.”

“Hmm-hmm-hmm.”

Valdar’s brow creased, and even Angélica looked slightly confused at her entertained laugh.  “Does war amuse you, Empress?”

Head tilting to the side, Elinor’s gaze followed her gut to where she felt Garu heading, on his way to spy on a mysterious and neutral ridge clan.  And further south to the ri’bot, she felt Klaus, where he was in the process of setting up their foundation amongst the Clavex and nalveans.

“Have you ever heard the phrase, ‘Make love, not war?’ ” 

“No…”

“Hehe.  Then you’re in for a treat.”  Patting his shoulder, she turned to leave, sparking her sniper’s curiosity.

“Despite knowing the phrase, I have no idea what you’re talking about, Empress.  You sound excited, though.  It was successful?”

It was spoken through the public Nexus chat, sparking Adoncia and Quin’s curiosity.

Quite successful.  Three weeks ago, I heard a rather interesting story from one of the young Delthax warrior groups… six-year-olds, in fact.  They were hellbent on making a name for themselves to score ‘hot ladies.’   Can you guess what topic was on their tongues, hushed but unable to contain their curiosity?

“What?”  Adoncia giggled.  “Were they horny teens, talking about all the Wixum women without mates?  I heard a lot of thirsty craftswomen talking to one another throughout the day.  Uh, heh, one even openly asked me what humans are male and female, wondering if we breed like them.  That was, uh, embarrassing.”

Quin was at an utter loss at the conversation as a quen’talrat child, but not for the reason Elinor would have thought.

“Why are reproductive cycles embarrassing?  Population regrowth was critical and a social status of great worth in quen’talrat culture.  It is a mark of pride to show off the strength of one’s mates!  Mother had two strong warriors that fought daily for her attention,” she stated with pride.

“Uh-huh…”  Angélica mumbled.  “What did the Delthax teens talk about, Empress?”

If they’d get a ‘glimpse’ of a Lethix ‘lady’ on our journey back.  Apparently, heh, they’re a myth.  Elinor chuckled at the silence that followed.  Yes, a myth.  According to word, no Delthax has come across a female Lethix or Flex in two decades in their territorial scraps, but when I questioned them, there was one story about a boogieman that slaughtered men in their sleep.

Quin gasped, sucking in air excitedly as she fidged, sparking concern from the parents and cheers from the kids; the System’s translation must have connected the word with something akin to a child’s TV show because she was bubbling with anticipation.

“I love boogiemen!  We are trained to seek them out and bring back trophies of their broken corpses to show in the pageants!  I wanted to have one of my own to show the Ke since he was going to attend the next one!”

“W-What?!”  Adoncia choked.  “You show off ripped heads in pageants?  Wait, let me get this straight…  You died because you went out to get a trophy for a…  You guys were surrounded by eight massive armies, and were still doing pageants?!”

“Why not?”  Quin mumbled, totally oblivious to the ridiculous society the quen’talrat had in their massive fortress.  “We went out and got prizes during the day, grabbed some food, maybe had some fun, and then at night, we’d all have fun!  Kids got priority shows to start the night, bringing honor and glory to our parents before wrestling to show our Blood was the strongest!  I miss those days…”

Interesting culture, Quin, Elinor snickered, her maids blown away by the giant gorilla girl’s previous life.  Adoncia, I’m on my way.  Quin, follow me.

The kids groaned for the five-meter-tall gorilla not to go as she kindly explained she had to go with ‘Her Empress.’  Some of the soldiers she’d traveled with took up positions around her, giving her the ruler status and respect they’d become accustomed to expressing.

Elinor’s thoughts were momentarily on the quen’talrat’s savage lifestyle.  Then again, it shouldn’t have been all that surprising to her after everything she’d heard.

Ke’Thra’Ma had gone out solo and would devastate the armies.  It really sounded like these Creeping Shadows Valdar spoke of did the surrounding nations a service in killing the invincible White God.  It did make her ponder if she should try to make a detour to see if she could acquire such a fine specimen’s bones.

Sadly, she was quite busy at the moment.  Her empire wouldn’t be nearly as big as it was right now without the support of her family.  Perhaps, if she were able to get Butter a body, it would be different.  A thought made her slow for a moment.

I haven’t even tried to resurrect my original body… that was a lapse in thought.  There is likely a risk, though.

Increasing her pace to meet up with Adoncia and gain a better understanding of the Delthax way of life and more potential issues she can provide solutions to, Elinor’s gaze drifted in the direction of her twin.

What if I try, it succeeds, but Butter’s spirit is torn apart because she is a counter to Death Energy?  What if her spirit is too damaged, and it is crushed under the process unless we are able to fully meet the 2,500 price to restore her?  It’s too risky right now.  We have to meet that requirement before trying it, but it is a possibility.

Heart lightening at the thought of having a body double actually to help her in a more complete way, make her father beam with happiness at having a new daughter, and a sister she could tease incessantly in private, Elinor found a spring in her step.

The Horsemen will make gathering the needed amount so much easier.

Throughout the day, she learned more about the Delthax way of life and their struggles in regard to their location.

For instance, during the winter season, snow would cover the greenery atop their high mountains, and the environment at the top was less jungle and more boreal forest.  These chilly gusts could cause sickness in children and, interestingly, had a minor effect on the males of the population.  It could be assumed through the data she had that the females somehow had a genetic method to better brave the harsher climate.

A new form of mammal that resembled a cow, only two and a half meters tall, swiftly snatched Elinor’s attention.  The creatures populated the high mountainous area and were hunted for meat, milk, and, appallingly, their fur was burned for its sweet smell the ri’bot liked.

Elinor had to talk to Valdar about that, yet the elder agreed with her; showing off one’s spots and skin was a critical part of their culture, though.  Warriors having leather vests was more of a turn-off than a turn-on, which made Elinor want to smack the stupid ri’bot; survival over fashion!

When nighttime came, Elinor was more than ready to leave.  The younger crowd was curious and impressionable, yet the older was grumpy and very unfriendly.  She had no doubt there would be resistance and a potential coup when the public learned what they were doing.  All the better for her; another problem for her to fix.

Ectria didn’t look comfortable being on a mission regarding ‘love,’ but Meji was all sneers and doubt.  The two Xaria were of the 2nd Rank, and she suspected they could probably kill Quin, quite handily, if they worked together.  That told her how far the ri’bot had fallen since Quin was a child, or, conversely, it could also indicate how stupidly powerful the quen’talrat were.

White, Ash, Red, and Black returned with news from the summit of one of the mountains, having ridden most of the day to reach it, only to return fifteen minutes after scanning the valley beyond.

Elinor could see her horsemen starting to develop muscle underneath their tattered cloaks, with the exception of Ash; Death’s bones were molding in a unique way as snow-white hair grew out of his damaged skull.  She could see the beginnings of a crown potentially manifesting as a ghostly aura.  Armor would likely form around him as time went on.

These four were likened to dukes and duchesses within her System hierarchy, generals that could lead any army of their own under the service of a Monarch, such as Tiffany and her father.  The only difference was that these four started from the bottom and rose to the top.

She could see a specific theme following their rise to power that mirrored the attributes they were blessed with, such as Black’s relation to the Roman goddess of famine, Limos, or Mars, for Red.  Black gave the report this time, her ebony horse pulling up beside her as they went on the move.

“A valley, half forest, half jungle, and a giant crater to the south.  There appears to be a well-established kingdom, built out of green stone not that distant to the northwest of the forest, where a significant area has been cleared of trees.”

Fascinating, Elinor flexed her fingers, preparing to exercise her chains on the way back and continue to strengthen her enhanced artificial body.  Angélica, remain behind for a bit and discuss it with Valdar when he is free.  You should be able to catch up to us…

 

[Artificial Body II - Advanced to E-tier]

 

I’ll be running whenever I can.  Let’s prepare our little lovenest.

It didn’t take long for the maid to obtain what little information Valdar had on the clan across the valley, but that wasn’t to say it didn’t have value.  The sniper swiftly caught up, informing her through the Nexus about the ri’bot nation.

Their two Xaria escorts seemed bored at their pace, especially when Elinor was exercising her Feat, but it didn’t bother her.  She was growing by the day, and if she played her cards right, she could solidify a solid chunk of land to begin building her empire.

Valdar called them the Tol’Val Kingdom, who were on somewhat friendly terms with the elder himself, but that was many decades ago.  Their clans occasionally came across one another, but primarily scouts and the occasional trader from the Tol’Val, who braved the mountains to sell certain hard-to-get goods for ore.

The word sparked Elinor’s interest since she hadn’t discovered where the Wixum got the metal, but it was a secret the clan tried to maintain; naturally, not very well, and the Delthax Xaria had found its location in their northern territory caves.

It was something to take note of.  Still, one of the greatest discoveries was these large alpaca cows; they had yet another clothing material that they could utilize.  Although it would be challenging to get it from the Delthax since they viewed it as ‘stress relief,’ and, if burned, it could have similar effects as marijuana.  That was a battle for another day.


Maps:

Conquest Valley (With Markings)

Conquest Valley (Without Markings)

 

Normal Plugs:

Discord Link - Growing Community =D

View and help contribute to the Wiki

 

Support me on Patreon and get up to:  Note that Instead of 'first of the month' billing, I have opted into 'pay on the same day you sign up'!

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) ahead in A Tail's Misfortune

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in The Oscillation Rewrite

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in UE Rewrite

+ 10 Chapters (10 Weeks) Ahead in PokéSync (Pokemon Fanfic)

- 8 Chapters in The Power Of Cuteness And Positivity

- Soul's Requiem - Getting ready for Amazon Release

+ Random stories, such as Mystic:  My First Attempt At A Male Protag Isekai

+ Access to Polls

+ All my commissioned artwork is up for free on my Patreon!

Current Books on Amazon:

6