B2 — 18. A New Monarch is Born
90 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PoV:

1. Elinor (Our Undead Empress!)

I want to thank my patrons for continuing to support me:

Ivabigun, Caspian, Hunter Schleich, Lexi, Alleyte, Jacob, Raisgollous, Vincebourgh, Adrian, Ronnie Woodard, Demoet, Pierrick Caillon, JudahDragon, and my other Patrons!


Elinor watched her father go through the golden cut in space first, following after him and exiting the world she’d come to call her home.  Instantly, she felt the difference as the heavy, humid jungle atmosphere and hot air somewhat lessened.  Perhaps an even more unusual discovery was the ever-so-slight decrease in the pull of gravity; it was almost too minor to note, yet it was noticeable.

Stepping off to the side, she joined her father at the top of the small hill rise as the others entered into the divot Roman had placed them in this lowlands kingdom.  Hands held behind her back, as per usual, Elinor’s lips drew into a line as her gaze swept the flat surroundings of the giant, wall-enclosed city.

The structure itself was fairly suitable for humans, nowhere near the scale of the quen’talrat fortress that loomed over the valley on its high-rise shelf, but this white, extravagant city did have a grandeur to its size, nonetheless.

“Refugees,” her father commented through the Nexus, observing a long train of wagons and shuffling humans that stretched to a distant forest and mountainous region.  “Not a single building outside of the city, yet lookout towers along the road and small checkpoints with low-hanging walls that utilize the small hilly rises?  They must be accustomed to attacks.”

It seems that way, Elinor whispered.  Her thoughts were elsewhere while studying the state of transportation the refugees used and their state of health.  Do you suppose we’ll be able to bring back more humans with us or offer them a chance to join us in this world?  They don’t appear relatively advanced beyond the middle ages.

Tiffany chimed in as she climbed the incline to join them, Death and Famine checking the other directions to be sure an ambush wasn’t waiting for them.

“It certainly is worth a try.  I’m sure Roman has done his own experimentation, but there are bound to be more things to test out.  I am wondering why he didn’t add any maids or butlers to join us, instead opting for this elite skeleton crew.”

Death’s low voice brought their attention to the hill behind them.  “A wagon and three people.  One young woman, one teen, and one cat-like midget?  I sense a dead corpse inside their wagon, as well.”

“No doubt to test your abilities here,” Black commented, directing their intelligent spider drone to bury itself in the ground and start fashioning its own tunnels, look for rare minerals, and discover any hidden passages beneath the plains.

Tiffany snickered as Roman was the last to enter, and the Serving Court in range of them wished them luck.  “When it comes to this man, there are always a dozen reasons for every action he takes.  I believe we will discover far more about Roman by seeing how he’s maneuvered himself in this world than anything we’ve—oh, my…”

A silence fell over the Nexus as the golden gateway sealed, and everyone within the empire nearly vanished without a trace.  It was uncomfortable, but thankfully, she could still tell that they were alive or dead; other than that, though, she was in the dark.

Dad, Elinor said, walking a few paces down the hill to rest in a sitting position.  Figure out what Roman has planned for us as I investigate how much access I have to the empire within this world.

“I’ll get the basic layout of our itinerary.  Tiffany…”

“Already examining the local biology…  Interestingly, this grass is edible and digestible for humans in a similar fashion to iceberg lettuce.  Not very nutritious, but passible for supplementary meals.  I’ll extract some seeds to take with us…  More alien products to experiment with!  Aaah!  I love it!  And what are these insects?”

Knowing the Witch Queen would be busy in her own little world for some time, Elinor closed her eyes and entered her inner world.  When her vision opened, she was sitting in front of her flickering fireplace, the sounds of a thunderstorm outside, and the ominous chill of an organ playing in the background.

A casual glance at her sister’s side of the room showed it unchanged, yet one strange new detail was that she could sense Butter’s presence, unlike the others in her empire.  She was far—very far—away, and in a way, she couldn’t quite put a finger on how far; at the least, it transcended time and space.

The most unusual part was that Butter was ‘above’ her as if when passing into this world, they’d fallen into an impossibly deep hole that continued to expand.  Still, her chains still bound the dead to the plane of existence they were in, and when pulling up her status window, she discovered each of her units’ progress could still be observed.

It was fascinating that her abilities functioned this far away, and it was possibly something to take note of in regard to the Seed within her.  Roman’s Seed had brought her to this place, which made for an intriguing idea of a Seed within a Seed.  Would that have an effect on her and Roman’s growth or stunt it?  Would he partake in her EXP multiplier Feat?

 

[1 Stat Point Available]

[4 Feat Extensions Available]

[1 Equipable Feat Choice Available]

 

She had been saving her upgrades since reaching Level 17 in hopes better options would present themselves in the coming levels.  The current selections didn’t particularly interest her at the moment, and she wanted something that would last well into the future.

Butter also could bring back vital information and input to decide which path she should go, and Level 20 had her thinking it could change the entire meta of the game.  Waiting until Level 15 had been the right call, pushing her physical attributes became viable with the refinement and extra Feats she was able to utilize.

Breathing a soft sigh as she exited her internal world, Elinor’s gaze cleared to see a black-haired woman and golden-haired boy talking with Roman and her father several meters away.  Tiffany was going crazy over a two-foot-tall cat humanoid, examining it with her orange flames, while Ash and Black kept watch on either side of the hills, communicating with one another.

The teenage boy was dressed somewhat properly, though dirty from travel, no doubt.  His fervent yellow eyes shifted her way as she got to her feet before looking at the filled hole entrance the thélméthra had dug.  He was probably terrified of what had made such a giant hole as it was filled from the inside, the ends of the spider’s leg seen as it swiftly smoothed out a perfectly flat surface.

On the other hand, the young woman was most definitely of lower standing by her shabby dress, frayed from wear.  Even as Elinor approached, she could see a few scars on her rolled-back sleeves and calluses on her hands, while it was evident that the boy hadn’t seen much physical labor.

Where are we?  she privately asked her father.

His smoky-blue eyes settled on her, an edge of curiosity in his voice.  “23-hour days, time passes twice as fast here as on the other side, meaning five days over there would be eleven here.”

Convenient.  Our welcoming party?

“A young lesser noble boy with a common woman from the town his parents ruled.  His parents were killed defending their people.  The woman’s deceased little sister is in the carriage; Roman wants them to be your maids to get better treatment in the castle.”

So long as they don’t embarrass me or cause issues, I see no issue with that, she replied, vision drifting to the feline.  And the cat?

“The cat is a guardian to the boy.  When the neighboring empire attacked this kingdom, their land was the first to fall.  He’s here to update the kingdom on the strength of the opposing force as an eyewitness.  Roman saved him several times on quests to get him here.”

When the empire attacked, she internally snorted, but the quest itself brought on a grumble of detest.  In my experience, escort missions are not the most enjoyable.  I’m glad we skipped that part.

Her father gave her a half-smile as the circle opened when she neared.  “The thing you’ve done basically since gaining all that power, holding all the hands of all the townsfolk in our new world?”

Exactly…  Language?

“Automatically translated for their common tongue, like your ability.”

Wonderful.  Let’s hope all of this doesn’t fall apart on our heads.

She took the initiative to break the silence.  “As you are no doubt aware, I am Empress Elinor, Ruler of Nethermore and the Undying Empire.”

The boy and woman’s tongues shot to the roof of their mouths at her cadence, giving her what she could only describe as a dab, which she took as their version of a bow.

“Empress!”

“Empress!  Eh, Lord Roman told me t-that you can heal my sister?  Please, Empress!  I don’t have a-anything to offer other than my service.”

A small upward tilt came to her mouth as she promptly turned to make her way to the carriage past the hill.  “Service that might not last that long if you are unable to return with me to Nethermore.”

“O-Oh, umm, is it far away?”  she asked, looking at the Legend before returning to her.  “Roman said the magical portals you use are a dangerous journey.”

“Did he now?”

She caught a somewhat sour expression from the young lord; the boy was likely agitated at being ignored in favor of a commoner from his land, but he didn’t try to interrupt.  By the looks of it, Roman appeared to have told the two enough to put the fear of death into them by their snappy responses.

“Have you tested returning to Nethermore with items and people, Roman?”

“Hmm.”  The Legend used his cane to walk, rubbing his beard.  “Never one to waste time on idle chat, Empress.  Items seem to be able to be taken from here, but only so much as you can carry when leaving and what rewards are gifted to you.  Think of it as spoils and treasures.  As for people… I doubt it, but there may be a way.”

A wry smirk moved her eyes as the disheveled wagon with its two semi-sickly horses came into view.  “By taking corpses that I can raise, I presume.  That doesn’t help me with these two young women, does it?  I have the entire afterlife as my servants, so what good is she to me as a common servant?”

He shrugged, and the girl folded her arms so as not to tremble at her candid tone, unsure what would come from her offer.

“For one, knowledge of this land from a commoner’s perspective can be quite enlightening.  We can’t be sure you can even return with the undead you raise here.  Taking on the less fortunate as your staff could prove quite the publicity boost, as well, for the court of public opinion.”

Stopping at the back of the carriage, Elinor creased an eye.  “And we both know that can be a double-edged sword, Roman.  The public and asylum seekers would certainly see it positively, yet what of the nobles who we are attempting to entreat… or was your plan to start a revolution?”

The boy’s eyes grew big at her casual questions as her father opened the door to extract the mummy-wrapped, dead teenage girl.  “L-Lord Roman, you aren’t going to c-cause a civil war when the Empire is at our—”

He waved his hand dismissively, giving her a frown that made her smile.  “No, no, Lord Julian.  I haven’t been able to express everything we discussed regarding your kingdom to my Empress as of yet.  There is much to be gained from elevating Elira’s station in life, Empress.”

Elinor sighed as Julian’s throat tightened, interest rather than disgust in his big eyes, and Elira grew white as a sheet.  “Roman, are you suggesting I promote someone else’s citizen into a high station in my empire?  We will need to discuss that topic in more of a private setting,” she said with a tight smile.  “For now, I’d like to become more acquainted with this world.”

The pair shrank back with fright as emerald flames licked from her fingertips to her forearm, her father holding the wrapped teenage girl in his arms.  A butterfly flew out to land on the girl’s forehead.

The ethereal insect’s glow cast a pale light over the bandaged corpse, and even the cat and Tiffany were now joining them.  Yet, the spirit she drew upon was anything but ordinary.

Vision narrowing, Elinor’s cold stare slid to the unassuming Legend, waiting as if this were just an everyday resurrection.  “Roman…  What aren’t you telling me about this girl?”

“I-Is something wrong?”  Elira squeaked, hands knotted at her front.  “She is a bit klutsy, and… the other villagers would pick on my sister for her blue-streaked hair and pink eyes, b-but she’s a really good girl.  She works hard!”

Elinor ignored the flustered big sister, staring down the Legend.  “What kind of magic do they have in this world?”

“Magic?!”  Tiffany squealed, hopping forward to inspect the wrapped girl.  “What branch is she, Empress?  Do I get another cute witch to mentor?  I’d love an extra pair of hands.”

Roman’s teeth flashed.  “So, she does have latent magical potential.”

Julian choked, face turning red.  “C-Castria doesn’t have powers!”

“Well, that’s a lie if I’ve ever heard one,” Tiffany giggled.  “Has the noble fallen for the cute village witch?  She is a witch, Empress?  Please, tell me she is a witch!”

The older sister looked like her entire life had shattered into pieces.  “I-If she is a Tempest, then… all the accidents around the farm growing up…  She will be frozen alive since we’re not nobles.”

Tiffany’s excitement slipped away like water through open fingers.  “Tempest?  Ugh.  An Arcanist,” she grumbled.  “And an untrained one at that.  Volatile, by the sounds of it.  Frozen alive instead of burned?  Well, that’s new.  Humph.  I suppose powers are limited to the nobility.  Typical,” she muttered, seemingly having lost interest as she went back to exploring the sparse vegetation.

“She’s not dangerous, though!”  Julian protested, and now the truth came out: childhood friends, forbidden love, and a crush that had lost her life, likely protecting him in their escape.  “I’ve been trying to help her learn how to use it…  She’s just… really strong, and it can get out of control sometimes.”

Tiffany held up a hand from her kneeling position, singing, “Volatile, what did I say!  Emotion-based, and a young hormonal common girl with a noble?  Hehehe.  Boom!”

Roman puffed out a long stream of air as Elinor continued to wait for an explanation.  Obviously, his previous quests were about saving this girl, and he’d failed, which is where she came in.  “Yes, I was testing things out, and rolled the dice wrong, Empress, but with your great power, everything can come neatly back into place!”

Breathing in deeply, Elinor turned and walked a distance away from the carriage, her father nudging his head for Roman to follow and making the Legend force a chuckle and join her.  Once a distance away from the pair, her father glanced back at the young woman and noble.  He was trying to explain to Elira a life-changing secret that her little sister apparently didn’t feel comfortable with sharing, yet she’d told the noble kid.

Elinor was now seeing an uncomfortable angle that made her get straight to the point with the Legend, her voice becoming heated.

“Now, I know why you were so reluctant to give me all the details and manipulated me into this mess.  Everything is falling apart because you failed your escort quest.  What will she think of you when I resurrect her?  Did you break her trust by allowing her to die?  What were you testing that was so important?”

Roman cleared his throat and looked back at the two locals.  “I needed to see the extent of her powers, why the Delva Empire was so hellbent on kidnapping her, and how flexible these quests are… so, I played both sides for a time…  As it turns out, a Tempest can kill themselves by over exhaustion.  It takes time to rebuild their mana, which literally keeps their bodies alive.”

Starting to see why she might be valuable, Elinor gave him a pointed stare, knowing he was still holding back.  “Why is she Rare-Grade, Roman?  This is not just some farm girl who got lucky; this is a heroine in the story that got screwed by her mentor.  What makes her special?”

Mouth drawing in, he shrugged.  “I was close to the answers by getting in with the Delva Tempest High Order before she… went nuclear when she learned the Delva Empire was invading because of her and… being the mischievous and gutsy girl she is, decided to eavesdrop on me by using a recently learned ability she shouldn’t have.”

Elinor rubbed between her eyes.  “So, she had a mental breakdown because her trusted master, probably one of the only people who openly accepted her secret, betrayed her, and due to her trust in sharing her secret with you, her whole nation was going to get swept up into a war.”

Roman swallowed and held a hand to the side.  “And… maybe her childhood crush’s mother turned out to be working with the Delva Tempest High Order to kidnap her, and in self-defense, she… killed her, starting a fire at their estate.”

“Fantastic,” Elinor said, a tight smile conveying her feelings.  “He doesn’t know that she killed his mother, does he?”

“No.”

“Amazing work, Roman.  This is a mess, and now you need me to put everything I’m doing on hold to fix this shitstorm waiting to happen?  Tell me how this gets me closer to my goal because all I see is I have to carry your weight by using my resources to keep your quest going.  Do you know how expensive upkeep is on Rare units, and if what you are saying is true, she is required to stay here to continue on this questline?  Am I right?”

“Probably,” Roman mumbled, scratching her neck.  “I told you that if you help me, I’ll help you break past that block and get you ready for the battle in eleven days here.”

“Eleven days of solving your blunder,” she shot back.  “Haaa.  You do realize that my undead do serve me, but there are limitations in that.  She is not going to trust you again, which means, again, I have to make up the difference.  What is the goal in this Legend’s Quest?”

“In short,” Roman muttered, “make the kingdom recognize Castria, repel the Delva Empire, and figure out who the traitors are inside the nobility.  Or… maybe we can convince Castria to side with the Delva Empire and help them conquer the kingdom—unless, you want to do the conquest yourself.  These quests aren’t static but malleable, which is why bringing her back will make things work.  All I know for certain is that she is essential to the survival of this planet, the individual kingdoms be damned.  Much of this I’m still learning as I go.”

Falling silent, Elinor stared at the bandaged corpse, Elira trying to come to terms with learning that her sister’s existence had started a national war for unknown reasons.  She had to admit that it was an enticing mystery, and it could upgrade [Raise Undead]’s ranks.

Still, having a Rare-Grade magic user she couldn’t access once this was done and would require her to maintain was not a thrilling prospect.  Then again, another angle soon made her lips curl.

What if leaving undead inside this world would give her EXP, even if delayed?  She still felt Butter’s presence, showing there was still a connection between the two worlds, which she could use, and further EXP gained from Roman’s quests might be shared with her due to that connection.  It was worth the gamble, and she did have twice the time to train here.

“Very well, I’ll help you… but, Roman, you owe me far more than we originally bargained.  I now have a vested interest in these quests.”

“I think this already solidifies where I stand when it comes to whose side I’m on,” he said with a forced laugh.  “It would be fairly simple to turn the main character against me, not that I haven’t done that already.”

Elinor slowly shook her head.  “I’m not buying it, Roman.  Yes, she is important, maybe even the main character, as you said, but you told me my assistance would make it ‘easier,’ not determine the outcome of the whole quest…  There is another option you’re not telling me.  Someone in this world could resurrect her, but you came to me because my price would be cheaper.”

Roman’s fake chagrin melted away, blue-tinted sunglasses lowering to give her an intelligent white-eyes smirk.  “You really don’t disappoint, Empress.  I think I’d rather have you as an ally than an enemy, at this point.  It’s easier having the girl bound to you than any… future party down the road that might sway her allegiances with some unforeseen twist.”

Tiffany giggled through the Nexus, Edmon keeping her updated.  “He really is a devious man.  I do like his style.”

“That should tell you something,” her father muttered.  “I can’t get behind manipulating this teenage girl like that.”

Elinor’s smile softened as she looked up at her stalwart, overprotective dad.  Which is why you are the perfect one to help bring them into the empire.  They need a father figure, and you’re the best I know.

Turning back to Roman, Elinor’s sharp edge returned.  “Know that once Castria is a part of my empire, my loyalty is to her and not you or your cause, Roman.  That is just the tip of the iceberg when dealing with me.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he grinned, holding out a hand.  “Quest partners?”

“Until you stab me in the back,” Elinor said with a viscous gleam.  “Be careful when someone inevitably approaches you to betray me… unless it already happened, to which I’d say it is best to reconsider.”

“Duly noted.  Now, shall we make the proper arrangements to enter the city before nightfall?”

Elinor walked back to Elira and Julian with a short chuckle.  “Discuss it with my Court, and they will inform me of the finalized decisions.”

A sober tone overtook the Legend’s typically lax cadence.  “It must be nice having so many people to rely on.”

She slowed to give him a side-eyed stare.  “Maybe if you came off a tad more friendly, you’d have some, but I’m just the most accessible and accommodating girl in the area, so it’s my doorstep that you stand on with your silver tongue.”

“Who knows,” he returned, head tilting toward her father, “maybe I’ll find something worth fighting for in your empire… eventually.”

“Humph.  I won’t hold my breath.”

Julian and Elira met her as a rumble shook the heavens to the far right of the castle, where a storm was forming, possibly from the incoming army.  Her chest shook with mild mirth at the sight as the pair waited with bated breath.

“Black clouds and thunder do love to follow me,” she whispered, emerald eyes turning to the noble and common woman.  “I will only tell you this once.  When I bring back your sister, Elira, she will serve me because it is my power that keeps her bound to this world.  I am loyal to those who are loyal to me…  Will you two be loyal to me?”

Julian didn’t even hesitate.  “Yes!  If you bring back Castria, I’ll do whatever it takes!”

Interestingly, Elira had a far more sensible take as she brushed back her black bangs and looked down at the covered corpse of her little sister.  “I would do anything for Castria, but if she really is a non-noble Tempest, then the kingdom will go to any lengths to kill her, and anyone who is protecting her.”

“Why?”  Elinor asked, turning to the little cat man as he managed to escape Tiffany.

“The story-tis that is told amongst the common folk-tis that the world-tis be destined to destruction by the Tempest of The Forgotten-tis.  The belief of the nobility-tis is The Forgotten-tis be the traitors of the original Tempest Knights-tis.”

Tiffany joined them, carrying a small bag of gathered materials.  “Hmm-hmm-hmm.  Of course, there would be a prophecy that is vague enough to allow for any number of interpretations.  It might not be so simple to keep her hidden if she is so volatile, Empress.”

“No?”  Elinor challenged, giving her former mother an appraising look as she fixed her big hat.  “Not even when I have my Monarch of Witchery here to help guide her on her abilities?”

The boy and woman looked at Tiffany as if she were a sage, causing a twitch in the orange-eyed magic user’s lip.  She swapped to an internal discussion.

“Empress, heh-he, I am a witch, not an arcanist.  While yes… we do both utilize mana, the way in which we manifest it is vastly different.  She appears to be more in line with the Sorceress branch rather than the Wizard, as well, further dividing our disciplines.”

I’m positive you can make it work, she said, the two wondering why they were just staring at each other in silence.  You need to make her capable of taking on the title of a Monarch, and the extra Feats she is granted should help with that… and maybe a little witch charm or seal to tighten the loose bolt, allowing steam to escape.

“The opposite, actually,” the witch mumbled, brow furrowing as she studied the ingredients in her bag.  “She is bottling it all up and not letting the steam escape.”

Perfect!  It seems you’ve already got a lead.

“Yes, Empress,” she sighed, her magical book popping into existence, flipping to an empty page for her to start devising a ritual to fulfill the order.  “I will start working on a solution, but I will need her cooperation…  A teenage Monarch of Arcanum… as a Sorceress.  Blah.  All feely and emotional…  Why couldn’t she be a Wizard in style?”

Leaving the disappointed witch to her work, Elinor turned back to Elira, who swallowed and chuckled, a tear rolling down her cheek as she knelt down to touch her shoulder.

“Castria has always been a rather rash girl… jumping into things and getting us into trouble.  Everyone thought we were cursed, so the orphanage kicked us out when I was eight…  Can you really bring my sister back?”

It wasn’t the blind puppy-dog infatuation of a teenage boy driving her voice that could be broken by a simple lover’s spat.  This was the voice of a big sister who had worked her fingers to the bone since she was only a child to care for her little sister in an uncaring world.  It was the loyalty tested in blood, sweat, tears, and over a decade of long suffering.

Elinor knelt down beside her to look at the corpse, voice lowering to a whisper.  “I will not tell you it will be an easy road your sister will be forced to walk.  I will not always be here to support your sister, and she will need someone she can truly trust…”

Butter’s radiant, perfect smile flashed across her mind, making her chuckle at the irony of her words.  She and her sister were undoubtedly enemies of the worst kind, bitter to the end, yet there was a bond so unbreakable that Elinor would go to the ends of the earth for the fatty blonde, and she didn’t even know why, but she would without hesitation.

“Would you die for your sister?”

Swallowing her emotions, Elira nodded.  “Whatever it takes.”

“I do not believe Castria will survive without someone totally loyal by her side.  Your sister will be the dawn of a new era with my power running through her veins, and if you believe in me, I will give you the strength to stand by your sister’s side to protect her.  Will you pledge yourself to me and become my citizen?”

The steel of a woman who had seen hardship since childhood firmed behind her brown eyes as she said, “Yes.”

“Then I welcome you to my empire.  Under the tutelage of your little sister, you will become a fine Arcanist.”

Julian coughed.  “Y-You can… give people powers?”

Elinor’s glowing irises moved to the boy, making him shiver as Death strode over with a blanket.  “I can do so much more than that…”

Jade flames erupted from her fingers as she put her hand on Castria’s chest, shackles sinking into a void she had yet to touch, yet her chains found their mark in the abyss nonetheless, pulling the girl’s spirit back to her body as the fire remade her into a worthy candidate to hold the title of a Monarch and take a seat at her Royal Court.

 

[Undead Raised as Monarch of Arcanum]

 

[Castria S. Calimara: Monarch - Magi Core- Rare-E - Sorceress - Tempest - Lv.1]

[Monarch Slots: 0]

 

[Monarch of Arcadia Unlocked - Queen of Storms]

[Arcanist Advanced Classes and Subclasses Available]

 

[Student of Magic Available]

[Student of Magic Advanced to Instructor of the Arcane Arts]

[Instructor of the Arcane Arts Advanced to Tower of Arcanum]

 

[Enchantments Available]

[Houses of Magic Available]

[Arcane Root Sprouted]

 

Elinor rose to her feet as Ash wrapped the girl in the dirty blanket; her entire figure was transformed into a bright, fandango-eyed, beautiful seventeen-year-old girl with neon-blue highlights in her thick, raven-black hair.

The unlocked attributes of the Monarch Title made her smile at the thought of introducing real magic into this world.  Castria may be a Tempest Sorceress, but she could go so much further.  This was the start of spreading her empire in a new world, and this seventeen-year-old common girl would be the reckoning that would shake its foundation to the core.

“Welcome to the Undying Empire, Castria.”  The girl’s shimmering pupil turned into a star as she hugged the blanket tight, spirit filling with the information her resurrection always brought, yet this time it was different.  “You are no longer a common peasant surf…  Who are you, Castria?”

The girl blinked and looked up in partial wonder as her new position and prestige were infused into her soul with the bounty of innate knowledge that came with the Royal Title.

“I’m Castria S. Calimara…  Queen of Storms, and the Monarch of Arcadia in the Undying Empire.”  Her throat constricted, all awe falling away as she saw her big sister.  Eyes watering, she broke into tears while jumping into her sister’s arms.  “Elira!  I’m s-so sorry, Elira!  I’m sorry I left you!”

“Cast…  It’s okay—y-you’re back now…  Thank you, Empress.  Thank you…”


Discord Link - Growing Community =D

View and help contribute to the Wiki

 

Support me on Patreon and get up to:  Note that Instead of 'first of the month' billing, I have opted into 'pay on the same day you sign up'!

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) ahead in A Tail's Misfortune

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in The Oscillation Rewrite

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in UE Rewrite

+ 10 Chapters (10 Weeks) Ahead in PokéSync (Pokemon Fanfic)

- 8 Chapters in The Power Of Cuteness And Positivity

- Soul's Requiem - Getting ready for Amazon Release (whenever I get the cover art T_T)

+ Random stories, such as Mystic:  My First Attempt At A Male Protag Isekai

+ Access to Polls

+ All my commissioned artwork is up for free on my Patreon!

Current Books on Amazon:

A Tail's Misfortune

Book 1 - Transformation

Undying Empire

Book 1 - Foundation

5