B2 — 30. Path of the Warlord
57 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

PoV:

1. Elinor (Our Undead Empress!)

I want to thank my patrons for continuing to support me:

Nuncation, E.W. Xsixtyfour, Bryan Wiggins, AnimeJunkie, Le Sparkle, Lord Lucifer, Ty Tuttle, Anonymous, Johny2by4, Valora Brooke, Sinax, Glader, Ryan, and my other Patrons!


Taking a step toward the statue of the former queen, Elinor’s flame-embraced hand paused inches away as a male voice filled the stadium, drawing her gaze up to Grand Duke Logan, standing beside her father and the king.

“Empress, let’s not be hasty; I have a question, and I’m sure the others will have their own concerns about the precedent you are setting.  Never has the return of a dead monarch been so readily possible.”

Her eager smile softened as she straightened and clasped her wrist behind her back.  “Patience is a hard virtue, but it pays to be calm.”

Dress spinning out as she turned in a half circle to look between the Great Houses and nobility, leaning forward in their boxes, Elinor finally found Countess Evelyn Autumn in the shadows of a rather lavishly colored VIP section; the Everborne Marchland hag was watching.

Multi-hued lights shone down from above from Logan’s manipulations, the light rainfall overcasting the city, creating tiny ripple effects in the dome protecting them from the elements.  Every person was locked onto her performance, a shocked Princess Heather and Queen Alivau trying to grasp what she’d just revealed.

Elinor’s twinkling eyes settled on the one person the Grand Duke had done this for and said, “I am curious as to what opposition I will face to this House creation since I’ve already obtained the support of Queen Alivau and King Virelli.”

The red-haired queen’s locks began to flicker with spurts of white fire as she fought down her rising emotions, her stunned expression returning to her cool demeanor.  Her focus rose to her husband, though; after all, he had had to agree to this, which would have put many thoughts into her mind.  Sadly, her daughter was the one to voice her mother’s fears.

Hands knotted at her front, and clearly not wanting to draw attention to herself, the abused teenager’s shaky voice was projected outward by the Grand Duke since Heather was in no emotional state to use her powers.

“Would… that call into question my mother’s legitimacy a-as queen?”

“It would not, Princess Heather,” High Lord Yeven spoke from his icy box, several of his family members standing at the edge of the railing to look down on them.  “The Law states that divorce is impossible for the king, and death annuls the State contract.”

“Not entirely true, Yeven,” High Lady Julia interjected, causing a shiver to run down Queen Alivau’s frame as her gaze momentarily shot to Elinor, showing fear and hate.

“The State contract of marriage is one binding in life, and if one were to die temporarily or to have been believed dead, only to return years later, then the contract is still upheld, as demonstrated in the events sixteen centuries ago with one of my Great House ancestors.  If Queen Lilya is resurrected, she could have a claim due to returning to—”

Queen Alivau stole everyone’s attention as she nodded to Elinor, trying not to show her frustration at being outmaneuvered and blindsided.  She had a little wiggle room, but the abusive mother had caught Elinor’s slap across the face; if she tried to back out, then she and her husband would look like fools.  If that wasn’t enough, the citizens and nobility would learn about the embarrassing fact that she hadn’t even been consulted in this decision after her strong stance in support of the king.

“Empress, I am in support of this new House… as is my husband, but I have my reservations regarding your choice of House Grandmaster.  May we speak in private with the king to clarify things?”

 Laughter came from the last Great House box as Lord Debro’s wife sat on the railing.  One of the ravens flipped their recorder to the showy woman.  “Wait, wait, wait…  Empress, does this mean you can bring back any former combatant… because I have a particular enemy in mind that I’d love to kill a few more times.”

Her red-haired husband roared with mirth as he stepped to the side to kiss the woman, their children seemingly very interested in the same line of thought.  “This is why I love you!  The Delva captains would make excellent training dummies for our children.”

“No!  No!  I cannot stress how insane this is,” High Lady Julia shouted.  “This isn’t about satisfying your family’s ridiculous need for violence, Debro and Kat!  What is stopping the Raven Empress from returning the former Great Monarchs—your ancestors, Yeven, and disputing the throne?!  This is more dangerous than Queen Lilya’s Philospher Stone research.  It’s chaos!”

Interesting reveal, Elinor mused to her Court as her soft chuckles rumbled across the arena, drawing attention again.  It seems our Head of the Great House of Proltis wasn’t much of a fan of the former queen.

In the short ensuing silence, Elinor shifted to walk around Lilya’s statue, sparking more nervous mumbles from the nobility and Queen Alivau’s flaming hair to intensify slightly.  Yet, her cool words rang unmatched throughout the coliseum.

“Of course, I will entertain you, Queen Alivau, and I have yet to hear the Grand Duke’s single question… but first, let me make something clear.  Without order, nothing exists; isn’t this correct, High Lord Tarnash?”

The powerful, dark-haired man’s deep voice was smooth as butter.  “An excellent point, Empress, and the Great House of Tarnash stands as a pillar of stability within our kingdom.  I support the king, no matter if my ancestors were to be raised.  My word is not only my own bond, but the bond of my House, and I pledged myself to King Virelli Alciel.”

“Lovely!”  Elinor chimed, pausing to look up at the red-haired Great House.  “Yet, without chaos, nothing evolves, which is something I see reflected in the Great House of Tarkov.”

Whistles of approval came from several areas, including the fire-haired teenage girl below, Debro’s daughter cheering the statement as her father grinned with pride.

“Indeed, Empress.  I love the chaos that fire brings,” the man bellowed.  “We thrive in it and ignite destruction in our kingdom’s enemies.”

“Precisely,” Elinor stated, holding up a hand to draw everyone to her large holographic image.  “I am a staunch advocate for order… and chaos.  Without both, you are doomed to be destroyed by the decaying rot of your stalled society or go up in flames of unchecked anarchy.  It is this union of conflict that allows an empire to flourish… how I flourish.”

She turned her gaze to the crowd again, alight with excitement; they’d likely never heard a speech like this before, and she saw it resonating.  “What benefit would I gain from destroying your kingdom when I came here to uplift my princess by its rich history?  Allow me to answer many of your questions here and now…”

Gesturing at the statue and looking at the nervous queen, Elinor smiled.  “Listen closely, the nobility of Kaspir, you needn’t be concerned about your queen’s place since in being resurrected personally by me, she will never age again… because she will be undead and not technically alive.  Therefore, the State contract, High Lady Proltis, remains void.”

“What does that mean?”  Queen Alivau followed, looking for any more traps she may be laying now that she’d been burned once.  “I have not heard of this term… undead.  How will she be resurrected if she is not alive?”

“Good question,” Elinor chimed.  “Those I bring back as undead are gifted with eternal life, eternal youth, beauty that surpasses their previous life, and my power infusing them with abilities to enhance their already cultivated talents… but her reawakening will mean so much more for your people, Queen Alivau.”

The redhead’s fingernails dug into her palm as Elinor turned her gaze to the citizens, her voice filling with a passion that they could resonate with.

“Yes, the things most seek and think of as myth.  Grandmaster Lilya, you knew her as your former queen, yet she was so, so much more than that.  A Trade Princess of the Western Jesna Desert, she brought your kingdom wealth, put food in your children’s stomachs, and provided an economic boom that the Delva Empire envied!  Do you remember those days?”

Whispers from the crowd caused nervous shifts between the Grandmasters, instructors, and noble students alike as she invoked the citizens.  Public opinion was already on her side, at first out of fear, and now she was sparking something every person wanted: a brighter future.

“Opportunities came in droves, your ports were full, and new items from every destination were bargained for with Queen Lilya’s wealth of language and cultural understanding that unified many nations to seek out the Kaspir Kingdom’s support.  Hehe.  Your pockets were heavy, I’m told.”

Chuckles followed, men, women, and children eating up her words.  “Grandmaster Lilya has the aptitude to bring that prosperity back to your kingdom.  I have heard about your struggles from King Virelli himself…  Trade is hard, and grudges have formed out of your former queen’s loss… yet with my power, bridges can be mended.  All I ask in return…”

She stopped in front of the current queen, seeing death inside the temperamental woman’s eyes as she held out a hand to force another concession.  “…All I seek is for you to embrace my support and my people… for you to welcome the Raven Empire in an alliance, and your king has given me his blessing to gain your favor…  Have I gained your favor, citizens of the Kaspir Kingdom?”

A lump formed in the abusive mother’s throat as the coliseum of a hundred thousand people erupted in cheers.  Her fingers uncoiled, blood leaking down her palm as she took Elinor’s hand, squeezing as hard as she could, which didn’t mean much.

Alivau somehow managed to keep a composed voice as she said, “…I am sure we will find a great many common-ground topics, Empress Elinor, and I am in support of uplifting this kingdom to overtake our neighbors.  Your word is your bond, and Grandmaster Lilya will never seek after the crown or my husband.”

Harsh… but touche, Elinor mused to her Court.  She’s punishing and putting the king in a box to not return to his former lover… or at least in public.  Hmm-hmm.  Yet…

Keeping a positive tone, she chortled, breaking contact with the queen and feeling the sticky blood on her palm.  “I cannot give my word for the actions of others, but Queen—heh, excuse me…” she said, gaining laughter from the crowd that made the queen grate her teeth.  “Ahem.  Grandmaster Lilya will most certainly not aim for your seat, Queen Alivau; I hope you don’t feel threatened.”

“Of course not,” the woman returned, gut pulling in slightly as she rose into the air.  “You have answered my questions, and now I will return to my husband’s side.”

The redheaded woman flickered white as a hot discharge of wind exploded from where she’d stood, leaving Elinor to smile and the queen’s daughter to stumble back in disbelief.  She’d won against the queen due to public opinion and gained the heart of the people; all that was left was for her to see the verdict regarding the college rector.

Castria held her breath as they looked up at the royal box, where the queen was now hovering beside her husband; whatever was being said, her father seemed to be listening intently from beside the Grand Duke.

“You had one last question, Rector?”

Logan waited for the crowd to quiet down, causing a staring match between them for several seconds before the man gave his inquiry.  “You promised me that you would have instructors, yet you also need a place to house your students.  I will not support a House that cannot provide the basics of what one must supply… including financial aid for those who come from troubled backgrounds.”

“Ahem.”  Elinor’s lips curled as, once again, the Great Houses entered the conversation.  “The Great House Tarnash would offer our local estate inside the Noble District to the Raven Empress for a spot reserved for my son, Lord Drake Tarnash, and my older son, Lord Alix Tarnash, to be provided a role as a Tempest instructor within the House.”

She saw the poised and elegant brothers standing side by side, two other children beside their regal and silent mother.  Yet, another voice shook the stadium as the Great House’s rival cut into the discussion, sparking panic amongst the Tempest professors below the Grandmasters.

“Cheeky move, Yeven!  Hah.  In that case, my daughters will enter the House of Ravens and eat off your table!  Idalia will instruct, and Anala will become a student.”

Alix’s slightly amused voice answered from beside his younger brother.  “Pardon my ignorance, High Lord, but Lady Idalia has only just graduated last month; can she handle the expectations of an instructor?”

Idalia’s somewhat deep, feminine voice responded from beside her mother, short red hair igniting with blue flames.  “If I recall correctly, Lord Alix, you only graduated three years my senior.  Surely you had more practice in refining your musical talents than Tempest ability… or so I heard from your peers.”

“Excellent chemistry!”  Elinor laughed, clapping and seeing the brightened mood of the crowd.  “And there you have it, Grand Duke Logan, I would gladly take instructors from the stock of such great family lines, and the offer of support from the Great Tarnash House is most welcome.  However…”

Her mouth twitched as she snatched their attention.  “I am not the Grandmaster of the House of Ravens.”  A jade butterfly formed out of the flames at her back to hover above the former queen’s statue, the birds bringing it into focus for the crowd to see.  “I have others in mind for instructors, Rector…  Are there no more questions so I may proceed?”

Logan glanced at the eager crowd, waiting with bated breath for what would come next.  “Hmm…  Empress, you have gained the support of the people, at least two of the Great Houses,” he noted, looking at Julia, who didn’t seem pleased, “and, most importantly, my king.  Therefore, I accept the creation of the House of Ravens and, should she take it, Grandmaster Lilya.”

The butterfly landed on the stone, igniting it in emerald flames that broke apart the very atomic bonds to reveal the woman inside.  Elinor felt the resistance of her spirit stronger than her previous resurrections, yet a hard tug brought it out of the abyss that had a hold of her spirit to reunite with her bones.

Information flooded Elinor’s mind, filling her with excitement as a chain shot out of a rift in space to pull her into the air; just as she lost momentum, two more linked below her, supporting her weight.  As stable as sitting on a concrete wall, she observed from above while the blackbirds filmed the process.

 

[Undead Raised as Monarch of Alchemy]

 

[Lilya J. Alciel: Monarch - Magi Core- Rare-A - Alchemist - Magi-Chemist - Lv.1]

[Monarch Slots: 0]

 

[Monarch of Alchemy Unlocked - Queen of Alchemy]

[Alchemist Advanced Classes and Subclasses Available]

 

[Student of Alchemy Available]

[Student of Alchemy Advanced to Instructor of the Alchemic Arts]

[Instructor of the Alchemic Arts Advanced to Academy of Magi-Science]

 

[Crafting Available]

[Houses of Alchemy Available]

[Alchemic Tools Available]

 

Ravens descended with sheets to block onlookers’ view as Lilya’s flesh and clothing were burned away in her rebirth.  More carried in trinkets and a golden gown, providing the former queen a means to dress herself, courtesy of the king, as her father reported.

A stillness came from the crowd as Elinor introduced her newest member, while Tiffany took the initiative to congratulate and inform the Alchemist about how things had changed since her rule as queen.

“Grandmaster Lilya J. Alciel has been reborn.  Unfortunately,” she chuckled, “that process leaves one without clothes.  So, be patient and allow her to make herself presentable.  In the meantime, feel free to chat amongst yourselves.  I will return after our new Grandmaster’s inauguration speech.”

“Ahem.”  Elinor’s gaze lifted to the royal box at Alivau’s interjection, as she expected it might.  “Considering the former queen’s marriage is null and void, I do think it impertinent that she continues using the royal name.  She is, by your own account, no longer a valid monarch, after all.”

Elinor let out a low chuckle.  “Ah, indeed, Queen Alivau.  She is no longer Kaspir’s monarch.  And as my monarch, she will need a new name.”

If you are not opposed, I bestow the name ‘Oppenheimer’ to you, Queen Lilya.

Getting a sense of vague acceptance through the Nexus as her new Monarch righted herself, Elinor proclaimed, “Please, welcome the Grandmaster of the House of Ravens, Lilya J. Oppenheimer!”

Her father basically rolled his eyes through the Nexus, while Tiffany giggled with mirth.  “My, Empress, what a sense of humour you have!  We are become death, indeed!”

Almost as an afterthought, she glanced down at the white-faced redhead teenager, still hugging herself in the middle of the stage.  “Ah, and Princess Heather, you may return to your proper place.  Hopefully, you and Princess Castria will impress the House of Ravens Grandmaster, but I have one last surprise to offer all of you a chance to prove your dedication.”

She winked at the crowd, and another chain brought her back to her private box to allow the people to speculate on what might be her final shocking reveal.  Landing on the railing, she left the citizens and nobles a buzz, each one waiting for the sheets to be removed or for her to take the spotlight again.

Elinor hopped down and closed her eyes, breathing out a long stream of air and letting her nerves settle; Tiffany was inside the sealed-off room of cascading water, maintaining her ritualistic hologram and complex weave of magic.  She’d managed to bluff her way through.

Castria’s excitement bubbled over after welcoming their new Monarch of Alchemy into the fold.  “You did it, Empress!  Everyone’s talking about it.”

Was there any doubt? she returned, her undead heart still thumping as she collapsed inside a chair to calm it.  Welcome to the Empire, Queen Lilya.

“I appreciate your consideration of my modesty and image, Empress,” Lilya replied in a soft, smooth, and musical accent; it was sophisticated and almost held a slight Syrian Arabic or maybe a gentle French accent, or at least that was how Elinor perceived it.  “I understand you wish to uplift my adopted country?”

I do, Elinor replied, closing her eyes and sinking into her internal world to browse what she’d gained from her levels.

You will have the highest authority within this branch of the empire once I leave.  My goal is to uplift your kingdom and raise Castria and her older sister in a way to save whatever danger your world will face in the future.  How you accomplish that will be up to your discretion.

“Hmm.”  As the woman dressed, her emotions swirled, as could be expected after learning one had been dead for nearly two decades and all the baggage that came with that.  “I cannot say I fully understand your goals, but I will gain further instruction from Queen Tiffany.”

“Tiffany is fine, Dearie,” the witch chirped.  “I am sure you have a far greater grasp of these proceedings than we.  Allow me to explain the situation you find yourself in.”

“I am listening…”

The sounds outside faded away as she distanced herself from their conversation, retreating to the privacy of her personal world.  Vision clearing, she stared into the blue flames of the fireplace, the gentle plucks of cellos playing in the background.

Opening her status menu, elation sent tingles across her skin; her first observation was the evolutions:

 

[Type Evolution: Select Lich or Empress.  The user can select a new Extension every 20 Levels.]

 

[Lich Evolution: Master of all forms of magic, the Lich Evolution grants the user the ability to expand their prowess into the dark energies of the mystical arts.  Decreasing the cost of spells and increasing the strength of any Lich-Based Feats while significantly increasing spell aptitude.  Unlocks Arcane Feats.  Increases Maximum Death Pool and Efficiency.]

[Empress Evolution: Master of empire building, politics, and the governance of her peoples, the Empress Evolution grants the user the ability to expand their political and military prowess.  Decreasing the cost of minion maintenance and increasing the strength of the user’s units.  Unlocks the Zombie Mutation.  Increases Maximum Death Pool and Efficiency.]

 

Elinor pondered the two possible choices, and it soon became apparent that the [Type Evolution] provided passive buffs in and of itself, while inside the Type were two branches she could choose to further specialize in either field.  Tapping on each one, she leaned against the side of her chair, a small smile lifting her lips as she got to the last extension.

 

[Lich Extensions - Demilich: Demiliches have transcended their physical form, allowing the user to manifest as an ethereal state.  Masters of death, darkness, the chill of the afterlife, and curses, the Demilich can drain the life essence of its surroundings by its mere presence.  Choosing this evolution route will give the user access to the Death, Darkness, Frost of the Afterlife, and Curse Trees, which will unlock Feats and Passives once conditions are met.]

 

[Lich Extensions - Archlich: Archliches have transcended the realms of typical arcane magic and delved into the darker aspect of their craft.  Masters of bone, blood, and plagues, the user can reanimate inanimate objects and craft golems to act as its guardians.  Choosing this evolution route will give the user access to the Bone, Blood, Plague, and Sentinel Trees, which will unlock Feats and Passives once conditions are met.]

 

[Empress Extensions - Overlord: Overlords have the mental wisdom and forethought to plan and govern empires, overseeing kingdoms and those that govern them.  Master of rulers, the overlord deals with the prosperity and maintenance of its people and lands, gaining power from the faith their followers have in their aptitude.  Choosing this evolution route will give the user access to unique traits to minimize the maintenance cost of the Serving Court and High Court, while also providing innate buffs to each role within the respective Courts once unlocked.  More Feats and Passives will become available once conditions are met.]

 

[Empress Extensions - Warlord: Warlords are ruthless and bloodthirsty leaders whom people look to in order to bring order from chaos while plunging their enemies into the depths of despair.  Masters of battle and tactics while being gifted practitioners of martial combat, the warlord leads by example and knows every station within their army.  Choosing this evolution route will allow the user to mirror the aptitude, stats, and Feats of a chosen soldier while providing command Feats to guide their other units in war.  The warlord reduces the cost of the Military Court, and provides innate buffs to each role within all Classes who have a Monarch at their helm.  More Feats and Passives will become available once conditions are met.]

 

Butterflies swirled through Elinor’s belly as she read each one that would unlock many Feats that she could work on over time rather than waiting for each level to give her something new.  This was perfect.

And, while her Lich Evolution had her salivating to test out what type of spells she’d gain from delving into the more arcane portion of her Lich nature, her primary goals required her to find a way to raise more minions to build an army.  Heartbeat rising, she made her decision:

 

[Empress Evolution: Selected]

[Empress extended to Warlord: Success]

 

Elinor chuckled with the sway of music in the background, lips peeling back as a wealth of upgrades opened up before her, and she wanted to test the crowning jewel of this evolution.  Power surged within her, a cold heat that filled her with a thirst for conflict.  The ri’bot wanted a leader who was a warlord, and now she could give that to them.

 

[Warlord Passive: Activated]

[All Military Units below Lieutenant have no Daily Cost.]

[All Military Units will have their Stamina and Durability doubled.]

[Improved prowess in all forms of weaponry and warfare.]

[Monarch Military Units can be raised regardless of Grade, having their aptitude restricted to [Rare-Grade], the user’s current cap.]

 

[Warlord: Soldier’s Spirit - 7 Day Cooldown - The user takes in the spirit of one of their soldiers for [1 hour], allowing them to mimic and utilize their Feats and abilities.]

 

[Path of the Warlord Tree Available]

[New Monarch Slot Added: 2 Available]

 

Elinor stood up and contacted Ash, nearly at the limit of the Nexus’ range.  “Go fetch the thélméthra…  I need them to be within the Nexus.”

The Horseman of Death instantly changed his course from the city outskirts to reach the spider, digging deep into the hillside in search of anything of value.  “It should be within range in five minutes.”

“Excellent!”

Anticipation flooding her veins, Elinor didn’t even want to spend the time going over her other gains until she had set her plan in motion.  She’d played it quick and loose, plotting to have a little fun tournament between the applicants to show off their talents before the main event, but now she was the main event!  She had enough time for the cooldown to reset before she left this world, and she had to test it out.

Exiting her internal room, she felt a burning confidence and lust for combat that quickened her steps as she went to the balcony.  Lilya had revealed herself in a ray of golden splendor, the hologram overhead showing the beautiful desert woman in a glorious, queenly display that would most certainly have Queen Alivau seething beside her gawking husband.

A picture of elegance with her light-brown hair and illuminated, sepia-hued, purplish-black eyes, Lilya was adorned with golden accessories as she addressed her adopted people.

“Citizens of Kaspir, you welcomed me once as your queen… a princess of the rustic sands.  I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to once again work with your nobility to provide a better way of life.  I cannot tell you I know everything that I should… so I plead for your patience as I come to understand your needs and desires.”

Elinor’s stomach shook with silent mirth as she glanced to her left to see the lower nobles gnashing their teeth, arguing with one another about the returned queen, no doubt.  It wasn’t hard to see why this Sand Princess was so popular with the citizens and hated by many of the nobility.

“I will walk in your streets and learn what the House of Ravens must incorporate to provide for you… because a kingdom is only as good as its lowest of citizens.  Now, I will take my place amongst my fellow Grandmasters.  I hope you enjoy what is to follow…  Empress Elinor.”

A chain brought her back into the spotlight as the Grand Duke lifted the former queen on wings of wind to set her on the podium beside the other Grandmasters, faking pleasant smiles.  A new chair was placed for her to take her place.

Elinor landed on linked chains that met below her, feeling lighter than ever and far stronger; she’d need to look more into the buffs she’d gained, but she was too eager to test this new Feat in practice.  She stared right at the Grandmasters, a grin splitting her lips.

“I told you I had a final surprise, and a surprise it will be!”  Her gaze drifted up to the Great House VIP boxes, settling on the Great House of Tarnish.  “Your condition is still to be met, High Lord Yeven, and I have thought of the perfect stage to show why your youngest son should be in the House of Ravens…”

Bending down, she twisted into a backflip to land on the arena, facing the noble Tempest candidates.  Her dress pressed against her leg, but she felt perfectly balanced and confident in fighting with it.  Lips peeling back as she flashed her teeth, she addressed her targets.

“I propose a competition to anyone who wishes to test their resolve and impress Grandmaster Lilya…  I will allow anyone… all of you, if you do choose, to face a challenge in combat as a group or on your own.  I will give you five minutes to prepare.  So come and show me what you are worth.  Not by fighting half-dead shadows but by facing an impossible opponent… me.”

She laughed as she saw the color drain from the nobles’ faces.  “Entertain your citizens and prove to them that you deserve their respect…  And I expect you to come for my life as if yours depends on it… because, heh, it might.”

Heather fainted on the spot, Julian sending a pulse of wind magic to catch her before she hit the ground.

Anala Tarkov’s blue eyes lit up at the challenge, looking up at her grinning father in their Great House box.  The nobles around her yelped and jumped away as flames embraced the teenage girl.  “Oh, this is going to be fun; thank you for the honor, Empress!” 

Drake Tarnash grew more serious, working around his neck.  “Don’t be hasty, Lady Anala.  She’s the Raven Empress… look at Princess Heather.”

“Oh, cry me a river!”  the redhead snickered.  “I don’t care about anything but a good fight, so don’t get in my way, Ice Boy!  The Empress is all mine!”

Smiling down at the spunky girl, Elinor chuckled.  “I look forward to it, Lady Anala.  It will take me five minutes to prepare myself…  I always try to adjust myself to my opponent, or else it isn’t any fun.  Make your preparations, Applicants… because this invite is for all of you who wish to join the House of Ravens.”

The clink of chains broke through space to lock behind her as she sat, crossing her legs and folding her hands in her lap; vision going black, she returned to her inner world to process her gains.  Soon, she would know exactly how it felt to be the deadly spiders that even quen’talrat feared: she would channel the spirit of a thélméthra.


Discord Link - Growing Community =D

View and help contribute to the Wiki

 

Support me on Patreon and get up to:  Note that Instead of 'first of the month' billing, I have opted into 'pay on the same day you sign up'!

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) ahead in A Tail's Misfortune

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in The Oscillation Rewrite

+ 4 Chapters (4 Weeks) Ahead in UE Rewrite

+ 10 Chapters (10 Weeks) Ahead in PokéSync (Pokemon Fanfic)

- 8 Chapters in The Power Of Cuteness And Positivity

- Soul's Requiem - Getting ready for Amazon Release (whenever I get the cover art T_T)

+ Random stories, such as Mystic:  My First Attempt At A Male Protag Isekai

+ Access to Polls

+ All my commissioned artwork is up for free on my Patreon!

Current Books on Amazon:

A Tail's Misfortune

Book 1 - Transformation

Undying Empire

Book 1 - Foundation

4