Chapter > 9: Reflection
1.3k 13 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: Deep stuff incoming!

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

Seeing as he has nothing to do now, Han Yi checked the shop. It changed two times since he last saw it. Back then, he didn't want to look at the shop as it made him feel poor. With his measly 500BP, he can't buy basically anything.

However, now is different. Now that he is in The Hundred Thousand Demonic Beast Forest, he wants to take look at anything that could catch his eye.

[ ∆SHOP∆

Grade-2 Beast Endurance Strengthening Pills: 3,200BP per Pill.

Grade-1 Beast Poison Pills: 250BP(Beast Points) per Pill.

Grade-1 Beast Agility Strengthening Pills: 500BP per Pill.

Grade-2 Beast Food Pills: 1,500BP per Pill.

Random-Grade Beast Tamer Equipment: 5,000.

--
Host's Points: 500 BP.
--

SHOP Time: 2 Days ]

Han Yi's eyes widened at the last item in the shop. He needs it. He must get it.

In Cultivator Beast Tamer, the only way to Strengthen your character, other than leveling up your Beast, is [Beast Tamer Equipment]. With Beast Tamer Equipment, one will have another layer of defense or another way to attack. Most times, Beast Tamer Equipment, was a second life for players in Cultivator Beast Tamer. If wasn't for the equipment, they would have lost all their levels and Beasts, having to start all over again. No one wants to start all over, so every Beast Tamer always sought after Beast Tamer Equipment, the higher Grade the better.

Now that such a thing is in the shop, Han Yi has to attain it. Even Normal-Grade Beast Tamer Equipment will help him tremendously in his current situation, where Low-Rank Cultivators could kill in a few hits.

As a famous King once said in the Pure Sky Continent" I rather have One Cultivator than an army of Warriors." It shows how powerful Cultivators are, with their Heaven-Defying spells and bodies.

Grade-3 Warriors like him can only go against Early Core Formation
and Middle Core Formation Cultivators. And that is only against one. If it's two against one, the only option is to try to take one doen with him or run and don't look back.

Sure Grade-3 Warriors are mighty and powerful, but that's only up against Low-Rank Cultivators and some Mid-Rank Cultivators. Anything other than that, don't even think about fighting, you just run.

Thankfully for Han Yi, he didn't meet any bigshots or strong Young Masters yet. So his Grade-3 Warriors Strength should be enough against any of the Demonic Beasts of the Outer Region. As for the Middle and Inner Regions? He's not even thinking about it.

Even though Han Yi doesn't want any trouble, he knows trouble will sooner or later come to him. It's a damn Cultivator World, what can he say? If you're not the Son Of Heaven or the Protagonist or in the Protagonist's Harem, then death is always around the door, gazing at you through the peephole, just waiting for you to fuck up.

' What a fucked up World I have found myself in...' Han Yi sighed, a bitter smile on his face.

And yet...

' I'm glad I came here.' His bitter smile left him immediately, upon looking at Tamamo in his arms, still trying her best to find some Demonic Beasts for them.

If he didn't come here, he'll be slaving away with a 9-5 job he hates and a Boss he wants to murder, after graduating from High School. No college, as that's too much of a strain on his Family.

As for Family?

Sure he misses them, especially his little sister who he made into a gamer and Otaku. He will miss watching Anime with her and raiding dungeons with her.

However...

' It's better this way. This way, only a low-motivated and ambition person passed away. Not their bright Son with top-grades and has countless friends.'

Lie. He knows he's lying to himself. But, he will believe that lie like it's the truth. By doing that, the lie will someday become the truth.

His family loves him very much and he does them...

However, they are better off without him at the end of the day. He's just a bother. A loner shut-in who only finds love and life in anime and games. Only by watching and playing that, did he feel like he wasn't wasting away his life.

That is who Han Yi is at the end of the day. That is the true and dark face of Arthur Morgan. The lie that everyone knows and likes, and not the emotionless monster behind it, wondering why he is still living.

*Pat-Pat*

Pulling him from the Abyss was caring and loving fluffy paws that patted against his face.

Opening his eyes, they were greeted with Tamamo's concern-filled eyes. Eyes that are wondering why her Master and beloved are suddenly shaking and shedding tears out of nowhere.

" Ah... Sorry for bothering you." Han Yi pulled up his 'mask' and smiled, while whipping away his tears.

How humiliating. How could he cry in front of Tamamo? A Beast Tamer shouldn't be doing that. He shouldn't be doing that.

Not knowing he was already falling into his old habits, he put Tamamo back in his arms and smiled.

Seeing her Master and beloved like this, Tamamo felt her heartache. As the closest person to Han Yi, she felt his wave of depression and self-loathing. Waves and waves it attacked her.

She can't let this be. She needs to help her Master and beloved.

And she will!

________________________________________

57