Chapter > 10: First Battle!
1.3k 11 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

Totally forgetting about his reflection of the past, Han Yi glanced at Tamamo in his arms and immediately felt better.

Using her fluffy and heavenly soft fur as a calming technique, his overflowing emotions slowly calmed down and disappeared. What was left, was his usual cool and indifferent look.

Feeling her Master's feelings through their soul-link, Tamamo was happy. No, she was delighted, she could help her beloved in a time like this.

" Grr!" Suddenly smelling something, Tamamo's face changed. A low threatening growl emitted from her throat.

Han Yi's eyes lit up hearing Tamamo.

" Where do you smell them?"

Pulling one of her paws from Han Yi's extremely comfortable embrace, she pointed to the East. She then looked at him with a complicated gaze.

Han Yi smiled and rubbed her head caringly," Don't worry, if they are too powerful, we can just run."

Tamamo couldn't hide a smile hearing her Master. Her Master cares for her too much.

Call him a coward, but anything else except  Tamamo's and his life means nothing to him.

Just? Righteousness? Virtue? Bravery?

What does that mean to him? Nothing!

------

A few minutes later, Han Yi and Tamamo found their first target.

With blood over its mouth is what Han Yi can only describe as a Wolf. A rather big dark gray Wolf with fur that shines, now and then.

Using his Beast Scanner, Han Yi found its information.

[Race: Demonic Ironback Wolf.
Attribute: Metal.
Race Level: Grade-1.
Race Potential: Grade-4.
Skills: Iron Skin.

History: A Demonic Ironback Wolf of the Metal Family. It is normal all around.

Evolution Paths: Demonic Gold Wolf, Demonic Silver Wolf, Demonic Bronze Wolf ]

' With Iron Skin, this Wolf is gonna be a bit tougher to take down than other Grade-1 Demonic Beasts.' Han Yi concluded.

' And it's gonna fucking hurt.' He added, not liking the idea of punching something with Iron.

Then again...

That thing is a living XP bag right now.

Maybe that will help?

' Though... How am I going to kill it with Tamamo? She doesn't have any skills.' Han Yi sighed.

Throwing Tamamo at the Demonic Ironback Wolf is just courting death in his opinion.

The only way he can use her is as Bait, and he doesn't want to do that. He really doesn't.

However, after telling Tamamo about the Fox-Bait-Plan, she was all for it. Her eyes glowed with excitement even.

He told her she doesn't have to do it, but she nodded with a face that told him she will do it and he can't stop her.

Han Yi's lips twitched. This Fox's attitude is getting much worse. Now, he feels like a Dad and he's only 18 years old!

Knowing full well the bait plan is the only plan that will work for them, he nodded in the end.

He got a face full of kisses for that. Very sloppy kisses, he might add.

'... Hold up, did she just mark me?' Han Yi was dumbfounded.

She really did mark him!

------

Soundlessly, Tamamo made her way to the now-sleeping Demonic Ironback Wolf. Its eyes are closed and its chest slowly moved up and down.

Even though the Demonic Ironback Wolf was asleep, Tamamo took no chances and still quietly stepped to the oversized dog.

Only when she was in front of it, did she see how big the Demonic Ironback Wolf was.

Compared to her, it's like an Iron mountain.

Gulping down some dry saliva, she used all her strength and slapped the nose of the much bigger and stronger Demonic Beast.

The second after she slapped its nose, glowing red eyes greeted her. Eyes holding untold irritation at the ant trying to mess with it.

Tamamo ran without a second thought to where her Master is.

" Awooo!" The Demonic Ironback Wolf howled and gave chase. If It was a few Grades higher, it would have sensed something wrong, but alas, it's only a Grade-1 Demonic Beasts. And Grade-1 Demonic Beasts largely operates on pure primal instincts.

If something angers it, it will kill it. If something looks tasty, it will eat it. Grade-1 Demonic Beasts are simple creatures, with some special ones who bloodlines awakened their intelligence.

Luckily for Tamamo and Han Yi, the Demonic Ironback Wolf was no such Demonic Beast.

So when it ran after the Tamamo the Demonic Ironback Wolf only thought was killing it and then going back to bed.

Using her small body, Tamamo ran through and out of obstacles her opponent couldn't fit through.

The Demonic Ironback Wolf howled again and blasted right through a tree trunk Tamamo used, sending wood pieces everywhere.

When the wood cleared, the Fox didn't greet the wolf. No, a human fist did.

The Demonic Ironback Wolf made a strange whimper as its neck twisted the other way, crashing in front of Han Yi, whose face was a bit pale.

[ Ding! You killed a Grade-1 Demonic Ironback Wolf! | 1/20 ]

' I feel like throwing up...' Han Yi gulped down the barf in his throat and picked Tamamo from the ground.

Seeing their teamwork, Tamamo smiled and stuck her tongue out at the dead Demonic Ironback Wolf.

Yes! They are awesome!

Their teamwork was flawless!

Tamamo cuddled up in her beloved arms and closed her eyes.

' Yeah... A nap sounds good.'

Petting Tamamo's head, Han Yi started walking forward.

________________________________________

58