Chapter > 12: A Odd Way Of Completing A Sudden Mission?
2.3k 15 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author Note: I'm back from the Hell that is school. Not for me of course. I had to help my little sister with some calculus. And being the cool Big brother that I am, I offered to help. However, I didn't know it'll take so long. It was like being in school again. But alas, I am back! So please enjoy this Chapter! More hopefully coming soon!

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

It's been two days since the 'Incident'.

In these two days, Han Yi and Tamamo got back to work killing Demonic Ironback Wolves.

Fortunately, Lady Luck felt like blessing him. He butchered an injured Demonic Ironback Wolf pack after they took down an enormous Black Bear with bone spikes around its back and arms.

Out of 20, he only needs 6 more. He have killed more has over 14 Demonic Ironback Wolves.

As a dog lover, he honestly wishes something else will show up. He hates the way they die. The sound of their whimpering truthfully breaks his heart everytime.

Maybe a Cat type Demonic Beast will do. He hates Cats with a burning passion.

As for why he hates Cats? Well, that's a story for another time. Let's just say, Cats like him a little too much and leave it at that.

[ Ding! ]

Han Yi blinked his eyes and was pulled away from his thoughts by the System's notification sound.

What popped next made him a bit pale.

[ A Hidden Quest has been triggered!

Rank-6 Hidden Quest: Commandeer one bottle of the Goldenfire Monkey King's Wine.

Rewards: The Goldenfire Monkey King's Wine you are 'commandeering' | Random Beast Grade-6 Pill | Random Grade-3 Beast Tamer Equipment | 50,000 BP.

--

Do you accept? Yes/No ]

' You want me to steal-'

[ Commandeer! ]

Han Yi withheld a short.

' You want to commandeer a bottle of Monkey King wine? A Monkey King who is in Grade-6!? Are you out of your fucking mind?!'

He doesn't Tamamo want to die. He wants her to keep living, thank you very much!

[ Do you accept the Hidden Quest? Yes/No ]

Before he could say no, he looked down. At that moment, he knew the answer.

Those beautiful orange eyes made him stand up straighter.

Right. He's not by himself. He has to take care of Tamamo too. So what if he doesn't care about himself, he does care about her. Very much.

Tamamo smiled feeling those emotions and nodded.

Seeing this Han Yi smiled back.

' Yes. Yes, I accept the Hidden Quest.'

[ Ding! You have One Week ]

Han Yi smile dead down. One week? He's not Superman! He's just a Grade-3 Warrior and Tamamo's skill only works for those on her level.

...Those on her level. Which means...

A devious plan appeared in Han Yi's mind.

Tamamo shivered upon seeing the way her beloved Master is looking at her.

Who knew her Master could look so evil and handsome? A dreamy look appeared in her eyes. Who cares what her Master plans, as long as he keeps looking at her.

Not knowing Tamamo had such thoughts, Han Yi's plan came to a screeching halt.

... He doesn't know where the Monkey King's wine is located.

Going deeper into The Hundred Thousand Demonic Beast Forest, is a big no-no. He doesn't want him or Tamamo to die. Well, he can die, but Tamamo can't!

' Fuck! What do I do?'

The only thing maybe could help him with his problem is the [Shop]. However, even that is really pushing it. He's not the protagonist. He doesn't have their luck. But, even with that luck, he would never trade his role. Being the protagonist sucks. He likes his role as a handsome background character very much.

Sighing, he pulled up the System and checked the Shop for this week. He ain't got nothing to lose anyways.

[ โˆ†SHOPโˆ†

Grade-1 Beast Relaxing Pills: 350BP(Beast Points) per Pill.

Grade-1 Beast Sleeping Pills: 100BP per Pill.

Grade-1 Beast Food Pills: 50BP per Pill.

Awakening Beast Pills: 10,000BP per Pill.

Grade-1 Beast Calming Pills: 20BP per Pill.

--
Host's Points: 500 BP.
--

SHOP Time: 5 Days ]

Han Yi frowned. The only thing that maybe could help him is the Calming and Sleeping Pills. Then again, it probably won't do much.

With 500 Beast Points, he can at most buy 5 Grade-1 Beast Sleeping Pills or 25 Grade-1 Beast Calming Pills.

And this is if he is right. He's not the best with Math. He blamed his hot Latina Teacher. Her ass did wonders to him. By the Gods, he was blessed his whole High School life.

[Author:" Cough" ]

A pinch from Tamamo brought him back to reality. The look in her eyes told him everything.

Chuckling, he patted her head. A happy purr was the response he got immediately.

Scratching behind her ears, Han Yi told Tamamo his dilemma. Not the System of course. He'll take that to the grave. He only told her about the plan of stealing some Monkey King wine and not knowing what to do.

Tamamo's eyes brightened hearing her beloved Master.

Finally! Finally, she can help. And she knows just the way.

Wiggling her head around his hand, she patted his white and gray Outer Disciple robe pocket.

Blinking in confusion, he took out what he had in there.

3 Spirit Stones, 4 Grade-1 Beast Strengthening Pills, and 9 Grade-1 Beast Food Pills.

Tamamo's eyes went blank for a bit upon seeing this.

So much Pure Beast Qi! She never saw or smelled so much Pure Beast Qi in her whole life.

Shaking her head, she scolded herself. She has to help the Master first. Then beg him for more pills later.

Taking a brown Grade-1 Beast Food Pill in her mouth, she showed it to Han Yi. Her face held up high.

Han Yi blinked. What is he supposed to do with that?

Feeling his thoughts, Tamamo almost facepalmed.

Using their Soul-Link, she sent what she is thinking.

Slowly but surely, Han Yi was sent information.

{Tr...Tra....Trad...Trade.}

Even though their newborn Soul-Link is like ancient internet speed from his world, he understood what she is trying to say.

Trade. He is supposed Trade Grade-1 Beast Food Pill for Monkey Wine.

Feeling this, Tamamo danced around and made Han Yi smile.

However, by doing this, she swallowed the Pill.

Tamamo's eyes went wide and they started to water.

Before she could beat herself about failing her Master, she felt soft hands wipe away the tears.

Looking up, she was put at ease immediately.

" It's okay. You earned that one." Han Yi smiled as he patted her.

Tamamo's eyes started to water again. Not in sadness this time. But, in happiness.

Han Yi cold heart warmed over feeling Tamamo's emotions.

Yeah... He doesn't matter. Only Tamamo does.

Only her.

_______________________________________

51