Author’s Note
342 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

UPDATE: New series started here! https://www.scribblehub.com/read/930813-get-lucky/chapter/930816/

I want to thank you, first, because you’re awesome for getting all the way here. This series started in November of 2022 and sprinted mightily ahead throughout December, January and February, and even into March, but I suffered a spinal injury that shut down my ability to churn out over a hundred thousand words a month. Life shut me right down with constant, ever-present pain. Wake up pain, all day pain, and go to bed pain. Pain I’m still dealing with right now, as I type these words seven months after it began.

ANYWAY, although this highlighted issues with my marriage that showed them to be an unbridgeable chasm, and although I separated from her in early September, I want to say that this series helped me continue living with relative happiness, with hope, and those two things were in short supply when the pain was its worst.

But I stuck with it, and you stuck with me.

I won’t say the series saved my life, but it certainly made my life here in Korea much more tolerable, and gave me something to look forward to. I’m so thrilled with the success of the series online, beyond amazed at the success of the Kickstarter. Furthermore the existence of a hundred reviews on book 1 is astonishing to me.

Book 4 was supposed to be the end of the whole series, but then characters made choices that I didn’t see coming. I didn’t see Evan reuniting with Auralla in book 4 and exposing her to the Emperor. I didn’t anticipate the Emperor sealing her away in time, far more than he had with Hellera.

And yes, I suppose Evan’s Extraordinary Expeditions could continue on into the future… I’m cautiously hopeful to say perhaps one day there’ll be a second series, or just a sequel/spinoff. But for now, I need to leave Evan to his own devices and get working on something else. You’re allowed, and encouraged, to imagine what happens next, because there’s no guarantee I’ll pick up the file and take Evan out for a stroll again.

A huge thank you goes to Damien here, because he posted all these chapters, responded to some of the comments, wrote ad copy for me, and stood behind me pushing me to keep moving. Giving up is easy, and continuing to do the work is hard, considering this entire thing was written while on muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatories, and painkillers of varying intensity. Damien kept poking and prodding, checking on me, making sure I was doing okay and taking my meds and seeing the comments, both good and bad.

And thank you to my family for handling my revelation that I was selling smut books with grace and a few good laughs. Thanks to my sister for mailing out the last of the Kickstarter fulfillment, with awesome stickers no less, and thanks to my mom and dad for having that many sex scenes stacked on top of one another in their house.

Thanks to the people who were cool to me and accepted the inclusion of their wacky Patreon names in whatever way I saw fit. There’s a Dutch someone who has a goddess named after them, I think. I wonder from time to time what that person thought of me using their name for a healer goddess who later ended up banging my main character. This gives me a giggle, but I keep hurting my neck from checking over my shoulder. Please don’t come to Korea and kill me, Caderyn, whoever you are.

Thank you to my work colleagues, who had to endure me talking about a super NSFW topic in the office, and cheerfully repeat the sentence, “Listen, if you want to know what the book is called, I’ll tell you, but don’t ask me. Once you know what I’ve written, you’ll never un-know that information.”

I probably said that at least twelve times.

And thanks to those friends of mine who knew that information, asked anyway, and then actually paid for the smut of someone they knew personally.

WUH-HAYN!

All right, I’m going to open a portal and peace out of this dimension for the foreseeable future, but one last thanks directly to you. I don’t know how you came by this book series, and I probably won’t ever hear from you ([email protected]) but from the very depths of my ragged, recently resuscitated soul, I’m so glad you made it all the way to the end. I hope this book series gave you a great deal of pleasure.

I love you.

Big wet kisses.

~Nolan

 

 

 

 

5