Chapter 16
2.8k 7 86
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, I woke up early in the morning. I had instructed Cindy last night, to wake me early which she did without any problem.

 

I freshened up and ate breakfast which was served in my room. As I would be walking up earlier than my parents during my training, I will be eating breakfast in my room alone from now on.

 

I will have lunch and dinner together with my parents.

 

After breakfast, I took out a weight loss potion from my storage ring and drank it. It had a sweet taste, which I was glad it had, I didn’t want to be forced to drink bitter tasting potion even if it was twice.

 

I felt a funny feeling inside. I just couldn’t explain it, it was as if I was having some kind of vibrations inside of me.

 

It wasn’t to the point of being an inconvenience, it was just slightly discomforting.

 

I shrugged it off and made my way to the Knight’s training area of the estate. My father has done all the talking, so I only need to report to the Knight Captain.

 

The sun had barely risen and the sky was covered in a warm yellow glow. The weather was neither too hot, nor too cold, ideal for training.

 

Though, this was early summer, it will get much hotter afterwards.

 

As I approached the training area, which was a few feet away from the mansion, I saw the knights were already training.

 

The Knight captain was over the training and giving instructions when necessary.

 

The training ground was near the Knights’ quarters.

 

The training ground consisted of mostly a dusty open space, where several knights occupied a certain portion of the area and were training there.

 

There were racks of training swords placed in certain areas. There were also training dummies.

 

The entire area was quite large, enough to hold several hundred people in it and was circular in shape.

 

As I approached the Knight Captain, he saw me and bowed and said, “Welcome, young master.”.

 

The other Knights also saw me and stopped their training and bowed and said, “Welcome, young master.”.

 

I looked at everyone and said, “At ease, continue what you were doing.”. With this the rest of the knights except the Knight Captain went back to doing what they were doing before.

 

I told the Knight Captain whose name was Kent Nowell, “Captain as you may have from father yesterday, I am here to train.”.

 

The blue hair, gray eyed and armour wearing Knight Captain who was the same height as me said, “Yes young master, I have heard from the Duke. I must say that I am that you have decided to start training again after you quit when you 10 years old.”.

 

“Don’t worry, I am not going to quit this time.”, I said firmly.

 

At this the Knight Captain said, “That’s great to hear. Now, before we start sword training, please do 50 laps across the training ground.”.

 

He seemed very serious throughout our conversion, never showing any emotion.

 

I nodded and said, “Ok.”. I didn’t complain as I expected this, I needed to be fit to be able to swing a sword properly, hence this is was essential.

 

HUFF! HUFF!

 

I continued my rounds across the perimeter of the large training ground, panting. This running was easier said than done.

 

Luckily, I prepared the stamina potions. After making sure my stamina was close to zero after about 5 rounds, I drank a stamina potion.

 

I instantly felt energy rushing all over body and continued running with vigor.

 

HUFF! HUFF!

 

The potion was really helpful; as it helped me complete the rounds just before I lost all my energy.

 

PANT! PANT!

 

I panted as sat down and took deep breaths, exhausted from all the running. I was glad I bought the potions, I wouldn’t have been able to do this otherwise.

 

The Knight Captain Kent approached me and said, “Good job, young master, now rest for 30 minutes and then we can start sword training.

 

I nodded my head in agreement. “Young master, juice.”, said Cindy as she handed me fruit juice to help with my exhaustion.

 

Honestly, Cindy is a lifesaver.

 

“Thank you, Cindy.”, I said, smiling at her. “I am just doing my duty.”, came her reply.

 

After that I rested, watching the knights train. After sometime Kent came and said, “Young master, time to start training.”.

 

I haven’t fully recovered yet. So, I took another stamina potion and said, “Ok, let’s go.” And followed him to a part of the training ground.

 

There he pointed me to a rack containing several wooden swords and said, “Young master, please choose one.” And took one himself.

 

I went to the rack and chose a sword not too heavy, not too light, perfect for me.

 

Then he said facing me, “Now let’s check how much you remember. Attack me with everything you, I will just defend.”.

 

I nodded and gripped the sword in the way I remember from my  memories and rushed towards Kent.

 

HAAAAAAA!

 

I swung to the right which Kent easily blocked. I then reversed the grip and swung left, again getting blocked.

 

With my body, my movements were limited so backed away, creating some distance between us.

 

Then rushed in, this time striking from the front, again getting blocked but that’s expected, I let go of my sword, surprising Kent.

 

I moved to the left during this time and caught the sword just in time before it fell and aimed for Kent’s neck.

 

CLANK!

 

But alas it got blocked again. Kent nodded and said, “That’s enough, this will do.”. And both relaxed.

 

During this time the other knights were watching our fight. After Kent declared our fight was over, they went back to doing what they were already doing.

 

Kent said, “Ahem, now then.”. I straightened myself and listened attentively.

 

“Your swordsmanship has not deteriorated with time, even with the lack of practice, even your stance is good, although it’s unprecedented it’s good news. It means that you don’t have to start learning from scratch.”, said Kent.

 

Well, I have this body to thank for that. The memory of David is very good and he is blessed with an aptitude for combat.

 

Kent continued, “However, the problem is our current……ahem..physique. You need to get fit to use your skills effectively. You are too slow and your body lacks momentum necessary for making some moves. But I think if you train regularly, you should be able to overcome that and also learn new techniques.”.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, I understand. Please take care of me.”.

 

Kent nodded and said, “Let’s start.”.

 

I made some changes to first chapter. So, please do check it out.  Please not that the changes don't affect the story in any way, the changes are most some sentences I added which I felt makes the first a bit better.

Thank you.

86