Chapter 23
2.4k 8 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, I woke up and freshened myself and went straight to the Knight’s training area to attend Seig’s training.

 

As I went to the training area, I saw that Seig was having a conversation with Kent while all the Knight’s avoided him, giving him looks of disdain.

 

I sighed and approached Seig and said, “I am here Sieg.”.

 

Both Sieg and Kent turned to look at me and said, “Ah, welcome young master.”.

 

Then Kent said, “Alright then , I will leave you two to do your training.”, and then turned and moved away.

 

I asked Sieg, “So, what were you guys talking about?”.

 

Sieg looked uncomfortable and said, “Ah, young master……it’s a bit…personal.”.

 

I immediately said, “I see, I see, ok then I won’t pry.”. I didn’t want to pry into other people’s personal matters, after all.

 

“Thank you for understanding.”, said Seig.

 

“No problem.”, I said.

 

“Well then, let’s start.”, said Seig. I nodded.

 

Sieg then gave me a piece of paper, which had the drawing of a human anatomy with detailed description.

 

Sieg said, “Before we do anything else, it is important as part of the profession to understand the human anatomy. Specifically, the sure kill weak points. With this you can immobilize/kill an opponent with a single attack.”.

 

Well, I did say to my father that I only wanted to learn ‘presence concealment’ but truthfully, I wanted to learn everything I could from Seig.

 

After all, knowledge is power. It doesn’t hurt to know more. Who knows, where it can come in handy?

 

So, I was fully content in learning what he was teaching.

 

Seig continued with his explanation, “As you can see. The upper abdomen which contains the liver is a good part to hit, which would cause enough pain to immobilize a person for a while as well as the groin. Apart from that, there is the neck, with a good hit at the nerve points indicated could immobilize or kill a person. The best place to laugh an attack in the neck area would be the throat if you are attacking from the front. Or the back of the neck, if you are attacking from the rear. The solar plexus is also a good target point for nerve attacks. Then there’s the head….”.

 

And like this, Sieg continued his explanation.

 

All the while I was listening to him as well as studying the piece of paper carefully.

 

“…….all in all if combined with magic attack, if you hit the weak points hard enough, you can kill a person even if can’t use the nerve attacks.”, concluded Seig.

 

I nodded in understanding. His description was very clear and coupled with the piece of paper I had in my hand, I had a complete understanding of what he wanted to teach.

 

“Then, young master. Shall we test out what you learned so far?”, asked Seig.

 

A test? This early? Well, I guess practical learning helps understanding the concepts better.

 

I nodded and said, “Yes, let’s do it.”.

 

Sieg then said, “Alright then, attack me at the various weak points mentioned in the paper. Try both nerve attacks and non nerve magical strikes.”.

 

“Attack you? Are you sure?”, I asked, because this seemed dangerous.

 

Sieg laughed and said, “Yes, I am sure, don’t worry.  If I could even defend against your attacks in the places I know you would hit, I couldn’t call myself the leader of the ‘shadows’ of the Ackerman Duchy.”.

 

Hmm, he does make a good point.

 

I nodded and said, “Alright then, here I come.”, and rushed towards him after strengthening my body with [Body Strengthening].

 

Then mid-way, I changed direction and used [Wind Magic]; [Gust], to increase my speed and then rush behind Sieg as fast as I could and aimed a jab with my hand strengthened with [Body Strengthening] at the back of his neck.

 

I was glad that I had the [chantless magic] ability as I could cast magic with needless incantation and delay as well as not letting the opponent know, what magic I am using.

 

I was certain my strike would hit and I was elated but at the last second…

 

THUD!

 

Sieg blocked my blow with his hand without even turning his head.

 

“Good job.”, he said.

 

But I didn’t falter as I tried to hit different parts of his body, with both normal and nerve strikes(which Sieg showed me how to use during the lecture) but each time…

 

THUD!

 

He easily blocked all my blows with his hand.

 

PANT! PANT!

 

After trying everything I could and gave up and ending up panting for breath. Damn, that was very exhausting.

 

Sieg clapped saying, “Young master, very well done. I was honestly surprised because it took my subordinates more time to grasp the places to attack. But you not only, understood the places to attack, you knew the nerve strike location as well. Plus, you changed your attack location every time. Needless to say, I am very impressed.”.

 

I smiled bitterly and said, “thank you for the compliment but even with that, I wasn’t even able to land a hit.”.

 

Sieg said, “Don’t be discouraged, that will take time. You have already done well enough to grasp the basics. Well then, that’s all for today. You seem exhausted, see you the day after.”.

 

I nodded and then left.

 

Like this the trainings continued.

64