Chapter 27
1.6k 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking back at me from the mirror was a huge and fat creature, with a face like a pig and the top bare and only wearing pants. The creature was clearly taller than me by quite a lot, even towering over Kent and Sieg. It had pink skin, like a pg.

 

It was an Orc, a monster from a dungeon. The good thing is the magic just forms a projection of the creature over you, otherwise my clothes would have been torn right now.

 

I looked at Bert and asked, “Bert, what is the meaning of this?”, my voice sounding hoarse and heavy like a monster.

 

Bert looked away and said, “W-Well, I told you this is what we had left.”.

 

I said, “That’s not what I meant. Why do you have an orc as a disguise?”.

 

Sieg answered, “Young master , that……we use it to scare people when we have to or get confessions. Obviously, we cannot take out monsters from dungeons, so we use this.”.

 

Wow, I never knew they did kind of stuff, it honestly kind of genius.

 

I sighed and said, “I see, but that aside, I cannot go to the adventurer’s guild like this. I’ll be hunted by the adventurers of the guild if I did that.”.

 

Bert said, “That young master, I can get this ready in 3 days.”.

 

“Get it ready? You said you need at least a month to make changes.”, I asked.

 

Bert answered, “Ah, that’s because this is a special case. You see, these transformation bracelets are primarily made to transform into other humans, so the base they use to make changes are always human. This transformation was made over a human base as well. So, I just need to reverse it.”.

 

“I see. Okay then, do it.”, I said happily.

 

Bert said, “Ah, about it…”, nervously.

 

“What is it?”, I asked.

 

“Even though I can change the species. The figure will mostly remain the same. The face will change to human though, and the skin colour will change as well. But the figure will be bald and the size will remain the same.”, said Bert.

 

I sighed and said, “whatever, do it. I just need to be able to get into the dungeon.”.

 

“As you wish.”, said Bert.

 

So, 3 days later, I was making my way to the adventurer’s guild. I had transformed by using the bracelet.

 

I was going there Kent and Sieg. Other members of the shadows were following us by hiding themselves in the shadows.

 

All 3 of us were wearing long black cloaks. I checked to make sure that I look human before coming here.

 

We used teleportation magic to land at an alley close to the adventurer’s guild as we could go out the normal way as my father would know about it.

 

We approached the guild building. It was a normal looking house made of bricks and had a gable roof.

 

It was red in color and had the sign “Adventurer’s Guild”, written in front of it. The symbol was a sword in vertical position, in the middle of two semi-circles.

 

We went inside. There were many waiting table with chairs, where different adventurers were sitting. There were all types of people from cute girls to gruff looking middle aged men. They were all wearing armours and talking among themselves.

 

On one side there were different counters. Some were for registering new adventurers and listening to complaints, others were to trade stuff obtained in dungeons for money. There was also a counter that served food and drinks.

 

It was basically an all purpose place.

 

Upon seeing us many adventures were loudly talking among themselves….

 

“Who is that guy?”

 

“I have seen the other two but that one is new.”.

 

“Perhaps a new adventurer?”

 

“Are they a party?”

 

“But he looks like an Orc”.

 

“Is he even human?”

 

“I hope he doesn’t get stuck in the dungeon”

 

“HAHAHAHAH”

 

Hearing all this made me want to cry. After all, I made a lot of effort to slim myself down to avoid being called a pig and still I cannot avoid this.

 

I calmed myself and headed for a counter.

 

There was a beautiful lady with blue hair and green eyes there, who was startled seeing me but controlled herself quickly and said with a smile, “How can I help you, sir?”.

 

I said, “Ah yes, I want to register as a new adventurer.”.

 

“Alright, please put your hand in this”, said the lady and brought out a registration stone.

 

I touched it and it glowed and information about me appeared over it, along with a portrait of me.

 

I looked and sighed in relief as all the details were of the fake identity I took.

 

The receptionist then took out a card and put it in the tablet and all the details appeared on the card.

 

She then touched the tablet on a glass orb and it glowed and the writing on the card disappeared. That must be where they store the details of all the adventurers.

 

The lady then handed me the card saying, “This is your I.D. card, it shows all your details along with your adventurer rank. The adventurer ranks are porcelain < iron < copper < silver < gold < diamond. Every new adventurer starts at porcelain rank, you can go up ranks by special examination held by the guild. You can take then anytime, just remember that the exams can be brutal, so it’s recommended that you at least conquer 10 floors of the dungeon before attempting your first rank exam.”.

 

“Thank you.”, I said with a smile. She looked cringed by that so I quickly stopped.

 

Fuck my life.

 

“Is there anything else you want help with?”, she asked.

 

“No, thank you.”, I said and left the guild quickly.

 

The atmosphere around was unbearable because of all the stares and whispers. Besides I don’t need to go to the guild in this state anymore as the only aim is to gain access to the dungeon.

 

“Then let’s head to the dungeon.”, I sad and Kent and Sieg nodded.

 

The rest of the shadows joined us a little further away from the dungeon. There was of total of 8 people including me.

 

The dungeon entrance was mostly a large wormhole. The guild made a large arched structure around it to prevent unauthorized people from entering.

 

It was a large white building with arched roof, there was only one entrance and it was guarded by guild officials, who also held weapons.

 

The dungeon was located a bit far away from the guild in a more desolate area.

 

We got our I.D.’s checked and was allowed to enter. The guards did take a second look at me. But I was too excited to care.

 

The entrance was relatively empty at this time of the day, that is early in the morning, hence we could enter quickly.

 

Finally, the thing that I was waiting for so long, my dungeon adventure is about to begin.

40