27 – First Devout Believer
814 2 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As it was late afternoon, just before dinner, Grand Elder Uzumaki was using the Light Web to study further in the Temple of Light to check which story he was going to read to his family today.

Out of curiosity he opened the Light Forum to see what others were talking about. It was a habit he was surprised to find he was developing.

For some reason, the Grand Elder felt it was interesting to see what other people were talking about in the Light Forum, not only in /General but in the other subsections.

But to his surprise, there was a post on /General that shocked him.

[Satoru: The God of Light sent me a message!]

Without thinking twice the Grand Elder replied.

[Masahiro: What do you mean?!]

Uzumaki Masahiro is the name of the Grand Elder, initially he thought of putting his name as Grand Elder, but as he felt it would be a little strange, he thought it best to just put his name.

When he saw that Satoru once replied to his message as if they were the same age, Masahiro felt quite happy, as if he had returned to his youth again, since then he started using the Light Forum more.

[Satoru: Masahiro?! You will not believe! Today I was doing a quest and I got a notification from the God of Light! That was an oracle telling me that there would be danger on my way and that I should be careful!]

Upon reading Satoru's explanation, Masahiro was shocked.

Even after using the Light Web for a few days, he always had the feeling that the God of Light was just a being they were supposed to look up to, but who would never look down on them.

Even more so since he wasn't when Shoichi made the request to be able to buy the Light Ring and was later answered by the update that added the Divine Store.

So he still felt a distance between the God of Light and mortals like them that he could not lessen.

But seeing that Satoru's life was saved due to a warning from the God of Light, kindness filled Masahiro's heart.

[Masahiro: This is unbelievable! Is it amazing to know that someone as big and powerful as the God of Light is actually willing to care about mortals like us?]

That wasn't a question, but just Masahiro sighing.

Even though he wasn't the one who received the oracle from the God of Light, Masahiro felt extremely honored that one of the Light Web users was noticed by the God of Light, showing that the God of Light could see them and care about them!

Thinking about the situation of the Uzumaki family, maybe these Light Rings appearing in the family isn't just a coincidence, but rather a blessing from the God of Light to save their family?!

Thinking about it Masahiro felt that he was more and more right, to the point that a feeling of fanaticism was beginning to rise in his heart.

Apollo who was floating in the sky while using Divine Power to access the Light Web felt a change in Masahiro and looked at him curiously.

By using Divine Power to sense the old man, Apollo was amazed that it was as if his soul had changed!

Before, Masahiro's soul was like the souls of other Light Web users, only a slightly bluish milky white. But now it was different, Masahiro's soul was a little golden… just like his Divine Power!

Apollo moved closer and felt that the connection between him and Masahiro had become deeper.

'Perhaps it is his faith that has increased?' Apollo wondered in confusion as he tried to remember something the teachers had explained that might fit this.

Soon a memory came to his mind, where the teacher was explaining something.

"There are different levels of believers, there are those who can pray to you for ten days and will not give you even 0.1 God Power Points, there are those ordinary believers who will pray to you once a month, or once a week for the lucky ones, and will earn you 0.5 Points of Divine Power with each prayer, and there are stronger people who will earn you more by following this line.

But there is another line, those who stopped being ordinary believers and evolved, becoming Devout Believers!

These people will already believe in you much more intensely, to the point where their faith will create a connection between you, even allowing this person to endure your descent into their land through possession. Of course, if the believer is too weak it can damage that mortal's body.

These devout believers will earn you twice as much faith as an ordinary believer of the same level!" The teacher patiently explained.

But that wasn't the most important information Apollo remembered from that class.

"If any of you are lucky enough to get a Devout Believer in a high position with great political wisdom, you can educate that believer to become a priest, or even a pope of your church in that world, thus converting many more believers!"

Thinking of the image of the Great Elder Masahiro, Apollo felt that this old man would make a great Pope for his church!

'I need to write this idea down to develop later, this could easily become a bigger source of Divine Power income while I still don't have many Light Rings available!' Apollo got excited as he made a mental note.

While Apollo was excited thinking of how he could do to convince Masahiro to become a priest or a Pope, Masahiro had a similar idea, thinking of how he could do to please the God of Light so that maybe he would receive an oracle and be able to save the Uzumaki family at the critical moment.

Even if Masahiro knew the power of the God of Light, if whoever he had in front of him was an evil God he wouldn't even think about it, much less tell his family, he wouldn't even use that God's internet, but since he always felt the goodness of light from the Light Web screen, in addition to the good deeds of the God of Light that he reads every day, his opinion of this God was already much better than all the other supposed Gods he heard during his lifetime.

------

Read up to 15 advanced chapters on Patreon!

Patreon.com/NunuXD

Discord server: https://discord.gg/ky35Kv7GHr

47