Confrontation! Part 1
2k 9 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A large tower stood in front of the duo. They looked up at the ten story tall tower that seemed to have an oppressive aura about it in awe. “I can feel a strong spiritual pressure coming from the tower. I wonder how it will be inside.” Nana’s eyes were sparkling. Such pressure, along with the abundant spiritual qi inside, was a perfect place to cultivate!

“Whatever the case, we need to find the best spot. No matter what, we will not give it up. Whichever floor we end up on, we will get whichever spot is free.” Yuki had read about these kinds of places in novels, so she was sure that there were disciples who would not want to allow newcomers like them, take up a good spot. This was a place that even the inner sect disciples came to, after all.

“Mmm!” Nana nodded. She agreed with Yuki one hundred percent.

“Let’s go.” Yuki grabbed Nana’s hand and pulled her along. “Before we do a mission, let’s check in on Ami and Ai as well. We also need to give our thanks to Fatty.”

“You have been worried about them, haven’t you?” Nana whispered, causing Yuki to blush. She had been worried. She hoped that that bastard had not tried anything since they had parted. Seeing Yuki blush but not say anything made Nana smile as she gripped Yuki’s hand, interlocking her fingers with hers. “You should be more honest.”

“Shhh…” Yuki shushed and continued forward until they stooped in front of a small booth where an elder sat in a chair with a paper fan in his hand. He was waving it back and forth, looking at the two girls. “Tokens or paying?”

“Tokens,” Nana said as she and Yuki handed over the tokens they got after training.

“How many hours?” The elder asked.

“Just four,” Nana replied.

The elder nodded and took out two wooden tokens, and handed those plus their other tokens back. “Alright, here you go. You will be ejected from the tower once your time is up. If you get into a fight and harm the tower, you will be charged for it. If you can’t pay, you will be made to clean the tower’s exterior for ten years. Also, do not think you can harm the tower and then pin it on someone else. The entire tower has a recording array on each floor to keep an eye on things. One thing goes wrong, and the people involved will be investigated and have all rights taken from them.”

Nana and Yuki both quickly nodded their heads. The latter part of his explanation was quite fierce. But both girls understood why he was saying things the way he was. If a fight truly broke out in the tower, it would be very bad.

After getting their tokens back, the two girls walked through the doors of the tower and were met with a room filled with disciples. “The first floor is packed….” Nana was surprised that so many people were here. But after thinking about it, it was not uncommon for such a thing to happen. After all, an hour cultivating in here was equal to a day’s worth of cultivation. They had six hours, which meant sixty days’ worth of cultivation, maybe more based on what floor you climbed to.

“Let’s go to the second floor,” Yuki said as she began walking towards the stairs. Even the stairs had disciples sitting on them. But they were not rude in how they sat. They sat to the sides of the steps, making a path for those who wished to ascend. They sat in a cultivated state, hoping no one would bother them while they tried to make their best out of the resources that they worked hard for.

When Yuki stepped on the first step leading up, she grinned when she felt the pressure getting heavier. She took another step and then another. She truly liked this feeling. It was weighing her down, forcing her to work harder than normal.

They swiftly made it to the second floor, which was not as crowded but still not a good place to cultivate. Yuki and Nana decided to go to the third floor. While the pressure was much heavier, it was still bearable.

“Let’s cultivate here.” Yuki did not want to wast much more time. And wanted to find a decent spot to cultivate in. The third floor had only a few disciples, so it was a perfect place to stop and begin cultivating. Nana nodded and followed Yuki.

Yuki could sense a strong spiritual qi fluctuation near the center of the room where no one else was sitting. She led Nana there and sat down. Nana sitting down at her side. They had only just closed their eyes and were about to start cultivating when a voice echoed through the floor. “Oh? Someone dares to take Senior Sister’s spot?”

It was a young man who had a mocking smirk on his face. According to his robes, he seemed to be someone from the inner sect. He was looking directly at Yuki and Nana, which told her that he was talking about them. Of course, Yuki could just ignore him, but she did not wish to be bullied by anyone. She had been bullied enough inside that cave. “If you want to talk crap, then go someplace else. This is a place for cultivation. Don’t disturb others just because you have an ego the size of a pea.”

“You!” The young man’s face turned red with anger, and wanted to say more, but a hand grabbed his shoulder. “Okano, stop. Being pushy like that will just make them hate you more.”

“Senior Sister Yuko!” The one called Okano called out as he turned to see a long black haired beauty standing there. He looked over at the girls and gloated as he knew his Senior Sister was not a nice person in the slightest. She hated when people took her things.

“You two, can you move for me? As your Senior Sister and an inner sect disciple, I should have first dibs on the bes….”

A loud snort cut Yuko off. Nana’s eyes showed no kindness as she bluntly said: “Can you shut up? If you are an inner sect disciple, go to the next floor. We just joined the sect and are already on the third floor. If you can only come to the third floor to cultivate, doesn’t that make you weaker than us, who have only been here for less than half a year? I am saying this now, do not think you can bully us just because you are an inner sect disciple.”

 

Volume 1 of: Legend Of Yuki: The Wrath Of The Tailed Asura
Now on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZX3P73K?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420
Advanced Chapters can be found on Patreon!
Tower Of Babel: Myu's Wrath + 12 chapters and more to come!
Legend Of Yuki: The Wrath Of The Tailed Asura + 18 chapters and more to come!
https://www.patreon.com/invayne

93