Violet and Sect 1.2
3.6k 12 120
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I sat there for an unknown amount of time, staring at the bustling streets outside.

...

I have transmigrated.

"Waaaa..." I'm not crying...the air tastes salty.

...

What should I do?

I once again looked at the mirror, seeing the beautiful figure in the reflection.

Maybe I should just jump down and die...

I shook my head and tried to push away these negative thoughts.

Finally, Having enough of the depressing mood. I set off.

Where? I don't know but it is better than staying cooped inside a room with depressing thoughts.

Moreover, I need to gather some information first.

I grabbed the white robe that was sitting on a chair and walked out of the room.

The first thing I noticed was the room number, 666, written in the bold black letter.

I looked at the adjacent room, which had the number 36 written in white letters, and again at my own room number.

It was not creepy at all. Yeah, not at all.

The chill that ran down my spine was just cold, right?

I swear if someone is just messing with me and I walk outside to see a cameraman filming me, I will slap them to the moon.

I quickly walked down the hallway and saw a roster of people occupying different rooms, but the last room shown on the roster was 20, not 666.

No clues huh? I sighed in disappointment before walking outside, feeling a bit nervous.

As I walked along the bustling streets, I saw a child begging her mother to buy her candy, and a customer and a shopkeeper bargaining.

I was about to ask a middle-aged man for information, but the leering gaze he sent my way made me feel uncomfortable. Then I remembered that my appearance was quite androgynous, so I hurriedly distanced myself from the man.

Was this the retribution for creating a trap-like appearance?

Along the way, I felt the gazes of both men and women on me, regretting my decision to make my character so attractive. I walked away and soon reached a crowd.

With my curiosity peaked and a hypothesis to confirm, I searched for an ideal person to ask some questions. With the previous leering gaze I experienced, I didn't want to ask anyone haphazardly.

Especially, in this bizarre situation, I happen to be stuck in right now, I knew I could suddenly come upon danger at any moment simply from being at the wrong place, at the wrong time. So, I had to take every precaution I could take, to reduce the number of potential dangers along the way.

After a while, I found the ideal person to ask the questions. It was a boy, wearing shabby attire and having a malnourished frame. So, my current physical strength would likely be comparable to mine.

I must admit that my face was more pretty than handsome, as I had not yet fully matured. This would have a greater impact on boys rather than girls. Hence, he was the ideal candidate to ask questions.

I approached the young boy and asked, "Excuse me, brother, can you please tell me what is happening here?"

The boy turned back and was about to shout at me, but upon seeing my appearance, his frown turned into a smile, and he tidied his worn-out clothes.

"Hello! I am Jinzhao. This girl, were you asking about the floating cloud sect recruitment?"

The boy asked in a cool tone.

I heaved a sigh of relief internally, seeing that there was no sign of hostility. So, I smiled and said, "Yes. I came from a faraway village and saw the crowd and became curious. I thought the brother seemed quite knowledgeable and hoped to seek answers to quell my curiosity."

As expected, the flattery worked, and the boy adopted a proud look as he explained, "You are quite perceptive, girl. One of the ten great sects in the eastern region, the floating cloud sect, is holding recruitment for their sect. Why don't you join the line as well?"

I smiled and said, "Thank you, brother. I think I will also take part in the assessment." I then dropped the bomb, "Also, brother seems to be mistaken, I am a boy."

I ignored the dumbstruck boy and joined the line. The information I received from the boy was not much, but it seems my hypothesis was correct: I was at the starting point of the game. Moreover, it further proved that this was the world based on that game.

I weighed my admittedly limited options and realized that the only viable path for me was to become a cultivator. Strength was supreme in this world based on a xianxia game, and only through cultivation could I protect myself. I knew that beauty alone would only lead to misfortune.

In the midst of the crowd stood an elderly man with a dignified expression. He gestured to the boy in front of him, directing him to place his hand in a glass ball. From the whispers of the people, I learned that the dignified man was the elder of the outer sect of the Floating Cloud Sect.

"Place your hand on the glass ball," the elder commanded the boy in a stern tone. I could see the boy's hand shaking, as the outcome of this test would determine his future—either as a respected cultivator or a mortal who would toil in obscurity until death.

The boy placed his hand on the ball, but there was no reaction.

The elder looked at him indifferently and declared, "No spiritual root. Next!". The boy returned to the crowd with a blank gaze, tears streaming down his face as his world crumbled.

The crowd was not surprised by this result, as only a select few people blessed by the heavens and earth, or those with exceptional luck, were able to enter the world of cultivation. This privilege was granted through the possession of a spiritual root. In the five regions, only about one in ten thousand people possessed spiritual roots, and even that was for the lowest rank. Unless one was born into a cultivation family, the chances of possessing a spiritual root were slim.

This fact was also briefly mentioned in the game.

Just as I was lost in thought, the crowd erupted in excitement. A boy dressed in luxurious clothing with an arrogant expression stood at the front of the line. The glass ball glowed blue, indicating that the boy possessed a high-grade talent.

The dignified elder finally smiled and declared, "High-grade spiritual root."

The boy smirked as he was praised by his attendants.

"As expected of the young master, Xiao Han." The surrounding attendants hurriedly praised the arrogant boy.

"Hmph. This is the least an heir of the Xiao clan should be able to do," he proclaimed, waving his arm and following the elder.

The crowd began to murmur again, after the appearance of the high-grade spiritual root.

"Xiao clan? One of the four prestigious cultivating families in Blue Flame City?"

"Xiao Han, I know of him. He was once referred to as a prodigy, so it seems to be true."

"But I thought the heir was someone named Xiao Tian."

"Shh... Let's not talk about it. Xiao Tian was supposed to be the heir, but his parents mysteriously vanished from the clan a few years ago, causing his standing to deteriorate over time."

"Furthermore, it was discovered that his spiritual root was impaired, making him essentially a worthless individual now."

Hearing the murmurs, I froze slightly.

Parents disappeared...

Waste...

Most importantly the surname Xiao, the surname that only fits the protagonist.

As I was mulling over my thoughts, there was another uproar in the crowd.

120