Violet and Reincarnator 1.16
2.6k 9 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was him.

The second protagonist of Cultivation Online, Jiang Chen.

The reincarnated sage.

With insight, I managed my expression to not appear out of the ordinary.

I did not make the cliche mistake of yelling out his name rather I just lay down on the counter.

Seeing him look around the books, I quickly lost interest in him as I continued reading my book with a sigh. This just isn't my day, is it?

Monday. The cursed day.

"Hello?"

I lifted my head once again giving a curious look at Jiang Chen. The 'reincarnated' one.

"Yesss." I let out a lazy smile.

"Is Elder available currently?" Elder...Elder...Oh Yeah, Elder Han.

"Elder Han is currently on a mission. Can I help you instead?" I tilted my head while leaning my cheek on my hand.

"..."

The cold-faced reincarnator just stared at me without answering. I continued to smile back lazily while staring back.

I am not afraid of staring down, hmph.

"When will Elder be back from his business?" I narrowed my eyes detecting hostility in the boy's voice.

"I don't know?" I sent a smirk at the boy.

Jiang Chen took a step back lowering his stance a little.

Oh, you wanna fight me huh?

I let out the most arrogant smirk I could make.

It seemed to be the last string holding Jiang Chen as he took out his weapon ready to attack me.

"Just Kidding!" I yelled suddenly making Jiang Chen almost drop his weapon.

Awkward silence...

...

...

"So as I was about to say Elder Han is on a mission and his mission ends tomorrow." I made the professional smile I had practiced countless times in front of the mirror.

"...What?" The cold face of the reincarnator finally seemed to crack a bit.

"My name is Bai Yu. Nice to meet you?" I tilted my head while looking at Jang Chen still observing if I was going to do something.

Seeing I was not moving and only continued to smile in silence Jiang Chen dropped his raised hand while sighing, "Jiang Chen."

"You can come tomorrow if you want to see Elder Han. He might come back today after closing if it is urgent?" I say making Jiang Chen close his eyes for a moment.

I then say, "By the way, if you are searching for books or something, I could help."

The cold-faced reincarnator glanced at me as if to see through my intentions but came blank as he heaved a sigh and said, "Are there any books regarding prominent figures?"

"Yup. Please come with me." I took the reincarnator to the biography section and handed him a book.

[History's Greats]

The reinarnator silently took the book as he moved towards a chair to read the book.

I then once again sat at the counter but this time instead of reading the book, I observed the second protagonist of this world.

Jiang Chen, a protagonist of the reincarnation template.

The back story of Jiang Chen was also a classic.

One of the strongest in the past but was ambushed by his enemies and betrayed by his friends. He reincarnated after a hundred years in the body of an untalented boy.

In the game, playing as Jiang Chen had an additional main quest besides slaying demons which was Revenge. Revenge against those that conspired against him and killed him.

From the previous interactions, I can be sure that he had just reincarnated. He seemed a bit shaken but considering that he had just reincarnated it was not that surprising.

It's just that since Jiang Chen has reincarnated that means the Outer Sect Competition is also going to start.

I need to get to the top three to go there...

I once again looked at the protagonist as he seemed focused on the books.

I sighed and continued to read the book in my hand.

...

"Good Job, Bai Yu. While I was gone, you have properly taken care of the library. You know the number of customers had shot up after you started working here...not that I don't know why." The elder looked at me I tilted my head. That so?

"Thank you, Elder. It was all thanks to your guidance." I cupped my fists to the elder as he started to brew tea again.

*Shudder*

I shuddered remembering the copious amount of tea I had drank. Still, I took the tea that was presented to me, after all, it was a great source of spiritual energy for the current me.

"Well anyway. I was thinking, why don't you occasionally work here? As an elder, I sometimes, have crucial tasks to attend to and you have worked splendidly these past few weeks. So, how about it, Bai Yu?" Elder Han asked me as he waited for my answer.

I did not immediately answer but took a sip of tea.

Delicious...

My mind soon came to the task at hand. Working here at Library could give me a steady source of income and I could also freely read the books that are available here. Even though the books I have read recently were mostly unrelated to studying...

Hey, you don't know when you will need the knowledge of making an aphrodisiac that works on various spirit animals...you never know.

All Knowledge is good knowledge...I close my eyes trying to forget another book about how to pick up girls...What was I doing anyway?

Yes, the job... I placed the teacup down.

"Thank you for the opportunity elder. Though is it okay to come here only occasionally, I still need to take other missions. I can always come to the library when you call me or when I am free. You can pay for the days I work?" I said looking at the scholarly elder in front of me. While the proposal is enticing, I still need to take on other missions and cultivate them. Being a librarian is surely safe but I still need to give pick up some opportunities that I know...

The Elder slowly wiped his teacup without drinking and said, "I guess it's fine. In that case, I need to pay you the merit points for this mission."

Elder took out his identification jade and kept it above mine, transferring the merit points.

Looking at the Five Hundred and Fifty merit points that were displayed on the identification jade, I was finally not broke...

But the amount, I looked up at the elder as he winked at me and said, "Those are a bit extra for increasing the number of customers."

I fudging love this Elder.

"Thank you, Elder." I once again cupped my fists as the elder laughed softly.

137