Chapter 5
1.6k 4 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you going to sell all of this?"

"I will take a couple hundred for my own use but that is basically it."

"Can you tell me the effect of consuming these vegetables? Are there any side effects? How long will the effect last?"

I blink a little at her words. Holy moly! She is a different person when she is in business mode.

"Let's start with this one first."

We walk to the first stack of vegetables.

"This is the Golden Carrot for an obvious reason, as you can see. The effect of this carrot is to boost your training by quite a bit for a full 12 hours. It did not have side effects but you need to tell your customer that they will not get results if they do not train. The harder they train, the more results they get."

"Got it."

"The second one is called Silver Radish. You can see why."

"Yup."

"It has the effect of restoring someone's stamina."

"How much? Full? Half? Quarter?"

"Yes and no. It depends on their stamina. The bigger it was, the more this vegetable restored your stamina."

"How much does it restore your stamina when you eat them?"

"If I push myself to exhaustion, half of them will restore all my stamina. When I start it only takes a bite to restore my stamina."

She nods her head and takes out a notepad from her pocket. She writes them all and says.

"The next one?"

"Ah, that one is a weird one. It is called Roast Banana."

"Roast Banana?"

I nod and take one of the bananas. I peel the banana and give it to Tamika. She smells the banana for a second before taking a bite. Her eyes light up and say.

"It tastes like meat! However, unlike normal meat, it tastes a little bit sweet."

"That's right. However, the taste will change if you roast it, hence the name."

"Really?"

I blink for a few seconds when she takes a grill out of her inventory. What kind of items are inside her inventory?! I shake my head and see her start to roast the banana. After a few seconds, I can smell the nice aroma of meat being roasted.

After a few more seconds, she takes the banana out of the grill and eats it.

"Ohh! You are right! It does taste more like meat if we roast it! How many bananas do you have?"

"At the moment? One hundred. I sell most of them in the shop."

They are my money-making fruit. Unlike the other plants, Roast Bananas can bear fruit multiple times. As long as the soil is good and I feed it fertilizer from the shop every month, it will make three stalks of bananas per tree.

Each stalk of banana contains fifteen hands which contain forty bananas per hand. The roast Banana tree is massive. It is thirty meters tall. That stalk of banana is long and heavy. If not for my new physique, my back would break each time I took them from the tree.

"I see. Hmmm, the first trade will not do much but when the next harvest happens, please do not sell most of them."

"Will do."

I will buy more Roast Banana seeds.

"What is next?"

"The next one is Shadow Eggplant."

I walk to the next pile, and it is a pile of eggplant that releases a shadowy smoke from its body. This is my newest vegetable in the field.

"You can see the reason why it was called that. Anyway, Shadow Eggplant has the effect of increasing your shadow affinity. Not only that, this eggplant also made sure the werewolf did not lose their mind when the full moon appeared."

"Oh? I hear the potion that can prevent it from happening is expensive and you say this vegetable can do it?"

"That's right."

I blink a second as I swear I just see a Yen symbol inside her eyes.

"Fufufufu~ This will make a lot of money!"

"Really? Is there really that many werewolves in Japan?"

"In Japan? No. Not many, but there are at least a hundred of them in Hokkaido. That alone will make us a lot of money."

"I see. That many, huh?"

"Yes. Japan is one of the few countries that accept werewolves in their territory. This country is the only country with the least Christianity influence. They are the ones who hunt the werewolf after all."

I nod my head. I know this information.

"Anyway, there is another item but it is not yet ready."

"What kind of item?"

"It is called Frozen Pear. It increases someone's ice affinity by a good amount. It will be ready on the next harvest cycle and just like the others, it did not have any side effects."

"I see. That's good. I can work with this but there is one problem."

"Huh? What is it?"

"We cannot sell all of them to the market."

"Why? These kinds of goods are not suitable to be sold at once. We need to sell them in pieces. An auction will be good."

"Auction? For these vegetables and fruit?"

"Not all of them, of course. The roast banana can be sold in bulk because it does not have any effect other than being delicious. The other, on the other hand, is different. If we sell them in bulk, it will gather unwanted attention."

"I see."

Fair enough. I also don't want too much attention on myself.

"Very well. Sell them as you see fit."

"Thank you, Yuuji. I will make you proud."

"You already are."

She smiles at me for a few seconds before suddenly saying.

"Anyway, what will you do with all the money? I cannot just take all the money from your hard work."

I did not know what to do with all the money I got. Hey, system, can this country's currency be used to buy something from the [Shop]?

|Yes. One hundred thousand Yen is equal to ten points.|

That expensive? That means one million Yen can only get me a hundred points! That is a highway robbery.

|No. It is not, host. You will know when you manage to sell all of your goods|

Tch. Fine.

"Yuuji?"

I look at Tamika, who has a worried expression.

"Ah, it is nothing, Tamika. I just had a conversation with the system, and it says that I can use the money from this country to buy Farming Points to buy more seeds."

"Oh! Great! The conversion?"

"One hundred thousand Yen for ten points."

"Is it too cheap or good enough?"

"One bag of Golden Carrot seeds is worth fifty points."

"How many seeds are inside one bag?"

"Ten and each harvest yields at least three carrots."

She nods her head and says.

"I can work with this. Don't worry, it will still result in profit. I will make sure of it."

"If you say so."

After that, Tamika takes all the goods and puts them inside her inventory. After snacking more roast bananas, Tamika needs to get back to doing her job, leaving me behind. I look at where she leaves and sigh a little.

I know she is strong, but I'm still afraid for her well-being. I really need to gather more points and summon a guard for her. Now I'm really regretting giving that three million back. Three hundred points is a great way to buy more seeds.

Oh, well. There is no point in regretting the decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

It has been a week since Tamika departed from the farm to take the goods, and now she is waiting inside a room full of people. With her new connection and network, she manages to make an acquaintance with the local auction house.

She now sits in the VIP room, watching the list of goods being sold by the auctioneer.

"Now, ladies and gentlemen! We have a great and new product!"

The Red Oni opens up the blind and displays the Golden Carrot to the attendant.

"These are called Golden Carrots for the obvious reason! However, what makes them special is not their golden appearance! No! These carrots have a special ability to increase the result of someone's training! That's right! With these babies, you can increase your strength!"

Tamika's smile gets even bigger when she hears the muttering from the attendant.

"The effect will last for twelve hours and what makes this effect even more powerful is that it works on magical training as well!"

Now the entire building is filled with people talking to each other.

"We already tested the effect and the result is one hundred percent true. The more you train, the bigger the result of your training. However, we need to inform you that this is not an automatic power increase. You need to train to get a result."

The auctioneer waited for a few seconds before continuing.

"The starting price is 1.2 million Yen for these five carrots! The bid starts now!"

Tamika's smile gets even bigger when she hears the price continues to rise, and her smile gets even bigger and threatens to split her mouth if it gets bigger when the price reaches ten million yen.

"Fufufufu~ I cannot wait to see Master's face when he hears about the price~ Fufufu~."

66