Chapter 10
1.8k 6 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What a dangerous fox. Does she wear those clothes on purpose? The clothing that reveals her breast without showing too much makes the looker's imagination wild. The last smile is also very dangerous.

The smile conveys happiness but also leaves a flirty tone, boosting her seduction aura even more.

It would make her even more dangerous if she did not do that on purpose.

I release a small sigh and look at my guest.

"Anyway, do you want to look at the goods? I have new vegetables and fruit you can buy."

"Oh? If you don't mind."

I wave my hand, and suddenly five vegetables and fruits appear on the table.

"Spatial magic? Interesting."

I decide to ignore her muttering and start explaining.

"Let's start from the left. The first one is Misty Apple; you can see the reason why. This fruit has the same effect as the Silver Radish but is more potent. It can heal your body of a rather severe injury, and each bite of the fruit will recover a lot of your stamina."

"The side effect?"

I look at Yasaka and see her serious expression. I guess this is her business mode, huh? Do all Kitsune have this kind of expression? Oh well.

"None. However, if they eat the apple, even if they still have a lot of stamina, they must train hard to throw off the excess stamina, or they cannot sleep."

"I see."

"The next one is Light Rice and Dark Rice. Light Rice slowly increases someone's light resistance and affinity to light. Dark Rice does the opposite. It increases their resistance to darkness and affinity to darkness."

"T-This is…"

"The bane to the Church and Heaven, yes. Darkness affinity sadly did not work on demonic power. I don't think so. I have yet to test it, but I'm pretty sure it will not work."

"The light rice alone is enough for you to be a wealthy man, Yuuji. The vampire will sell their entire castle for this."

Huh? Really? Oh well. Matter for another day, I guess.

"The next one is Purple Hot Pepper. This is the upgraded version of the Golden Carrot. If someone with a low-level power eats this, they will get a greater boost in their training. The more beaten they are, the more the gain they get."

"How great is the effect? Is it the same as the Golden Carrot?"

"Double that or five times if it was consumed by someone weaker."

Yasaka nods her head while looking at the Hot Pepper on the table.

"The last one is something called Snake Pear. The name comes from the shape of the pear that looks like a cobra when it extends its hood. Just like its name, it has the same theme. Eating this fruit will increase your poison resistance. For how much? I don't know, but it should be quite high."

She nods, and I can see her mind thinking about something. Tami has the same expression when I introduce her to new goods she can sell. After a few seconds, she looks at me and says,

"How much? How many Misty Apple and Purple Hot Peppers can you produce every month?"

"I'm willing to sell you two hundred for each of them. I can sell you a hundred kilos each of Light and Dark Rice. I can sell fifty of the pear every month."

"You are willing to sell them for that amount, huh? That means you can produce more than that amount every month."

"Yes."

I can see her waiting for my explanation, but when she notices I did not say more, she sighs and says.

"At least can you give us a promise that you will not sell it to the Devil?"

I nod at her question and say.

"I swear in my name that I will not sell my goods to the devil. I will even promise you that I only sell ten Golden Carrots, ten Silver Radishes, one Purple Hot Pepper, and one Misty Apple to the auction every month."

"And your retainer?"

I look at Tamika and Vex. I can see them nodding their heads.

"I will follow your command, master~."

"The same for my boss."

I look back at Yasaka and see her smile.

"Thank you. Then, let's talk about the price for all of these."

"Hmmm, for the first batch, I don't want money. I want the land. I want to expand my farm. I will give you the goods if you can buy this land."

"Hmmm, I can do that. It will take time, but I can do that."

"How long?"

"Give me a week."

"Then, when you return, I will give you the goods you want."

"Deal."

~An hour later~

Tamika, Vex, and I watch Yasaka and her guard walks away from my farm. When we see her disappear into the distance, Tamika looks at me and says.

"Master, are you sure to sell all those things for the land? You can buy them from the money if you sell them at the auction."

"That is true. However, the connection that I got from this transaction is more important than money and the land itself. We can buy the land ourselves, that is true, but by asking her to do it for us, we have a recognition that we OWN the land, and the other Youkai will not dare or at least will think twice before trying to steal the document from us. If we bought the lands via a mundane route, the other can get inside the house and steal."

"You can store them inside the inventory, you know?"

"That is true. What about fake documents? I don't know how magic works in this world, but I feel that a mundane piece of paper is easy to forge, and the data in the mundane government can easily be breached. I might sound paranoid, but you never know."

Tamika looks like she wants to talk more, but Vex agrees. As an assassin, it is his job to be paranoid.

"Anyway, you don't need to worry about it. Even though we make a loss, it will not be much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Kawamura Tadano - Lord of the Tadano Family|

I look at the woman before me and smile my best. Yasaka, the queen of the West Youkai Faction. She is one of the most powerful individuals in the country and someone who can crush my family and me if she wants to.

As much as I hate to bow my head at Youkai, I need to do it.

"Lady Yasaka, what can this humble person serve you?"

"Fufufufu~ I came here for business reasons, my good sir."

"Oh? What kind of business are we talking about?"

"I want to buy a piece of land from you."

"Peace of land, huh? Which one?"

My family owns a lot of land in the northern part of Japan. We got those lands from trading with the youkai. However, it becomes useless when a lot of something called Demonic Beast appears. What is a Demonic Beast? They are a beast born from the energy coming from the underworld.

The Underworld is divided into three main places. The first one is where many dead souls reside and where many of the underworld God and Goddesses rule. Hades owns the largest territory in that place.

The second one is where the Devil and Fallen angel lived. They make it to be the exact copy of the mundane world.

The last one is called the Pit. It was where the oldest being once battled and created that place from the aftermath. No one knows what happens, but after a few years, that place starts to spawn Demonic Beast worldwide. Most of them spawn in the underworld, but a lot of them spawn in the mundane world, and among that many, northern Japan is one of the places that spawn a lot of Demonic Beasts.

"The northern one."

"Oh? You know that many Demonic Beasts are roaming that place, right?"

"I know. However, I want that land for a little project of mine."

"Oh? Are you willing to tell me?"

"No. It will be for me to know, and you will never find out."

I know that tone. That means it is something that makes her willing to play dirty, and I don't want to be the one on her way.

"How much? How large do you want, and what is your offer?"

"Do you want the map?"

"Of course."

I ordered the servant, and a minute later, she returned with a map. She looks at the map and points her finger.

"From here to here."

"That is rather large, don't you think?"

"Will that be a problem?"

"Not at all."

That is the place where that useless boy stayed, right? I give him a fake document saying he owns some of that land. I will not give an asset to a useless member of my family. I did not hear from him ever since I exiled him. He must be already dead. Even though that place did not have many Demonic Beasts, it was still full of wildlife. Wild Bear and boar should have already killed him.

That means there should be no problem.

"Good. As for my offer, how about this much?"

I look at the number she offers, and I must admit it is not bad. However, I need to get a large profit.

"That is rather low, don't you think? How about this?"

I write the number and gives it to her. She looks at me for a few seconds and writes something. She offers another number.

We continue to negotiate for ten minutes before we agree on the number.

"Then we have a deal. I will prepare the document and the geas. Do you need it fast?"

"Yes."

"Then I will start working. It should be ready tomorrow afternoon."

"Good, it is nice to have business with you."

I need your help. It has been a hard two months for me. I lost my job two months ago and have been using my savings to pay rent and food. Lucky for me, I got a job, but unfortunately for me, I will be paid next month (5th of April). I don't like asking this, but every donation will help me. I promise to post daily (Silver Prince) until it is finished (around 10 to 17 more chapters). If you want to donate, you can go to my Ko-Fi page by clicking the link below.

52