Chapter 11
610 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is this the paperwork?"

"Yes, master"

I look at the paperwork Tamika gives to me.

"Not only paperwork but also geas and enchantment. This document cannot be stolen from you and cannot be forged. Lady Yasaka told me to smear the document with your blood to activate the enchantment. I have checked the document; it is safe, master."

"Thank you, Tami."

"It is my pleasure~."

I smile a little and bite the edge of my finger. I put my finger on the document and let my blood get absorbed by the paper. A second later, I see my name appear and replace Yasaka's name.

Now I have a large amount of land I can use. Perfect. I don't need to worry about expansion now.

"Also, master, Lady Yasaka, give me a warning."

"Oh? What is it?"

"She warned me about something called the Demonic Beast. They are a beast that births from the excess demonic energy from the underworld."

Before I can say something, an announcement appears in front of me.

=||=

|Congratulations! You know the existence of the Demonic Beast! You are now at the exit of the tutorial level! Now the Demonic Beast can wander to your farm! Be careful! The price for seeds has now doubled! The price for summoning now tripled! Seed makers have been added to the shop! You get a gift for getting out of the tutorial level! Check your inventory!|

=||=

Fuck! I'm in the tutorial stage?! Come on! You should tell me that from the beginning! I can prepare and buy a lot of seeds! Now the price has doubled! Fuck!

|You did not ask|

Shit!

I quickly opened the shop, and true to the announcement, all the seeds were double the price now. Shit.

I look around the shop some more and then release a relieved breath. The price of chicken is still the same. Not only that but the rest of the items and skills are still the same. I'm glad it did not change because I want to build a coop for the chicken and duck.

Each of them cost me five thousand points.

"Master? Are you okay?"

I snap from my thoughts when I hear Tami's voice.

"Ah, I'm fine. I'm just wondering why the demonic beast never comes to the farm. It looks like I need to make a barrier around the farm."

"Do you need me to do it, master? I'm not a master in Ward making, but I can make the basics."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"I will leave it to you then."

"Of course~."

I pat her and get up. I need to feed Midori.

"Ah, before I forget, how is Vex doing?"

"Oh! He said that he is busy creating his spy network, master!"

"Spy network?"

I guess an assassin needs information to do their job perfectly.

"Yes. He said he had so much free time that he decided to make one."

"Huh. I thought he spent his time training?"

Vex is a training maniac. During the two days he stayed on the farm, he spent most of his time training and patrolling the area. He even brought back some games for me to cook. The biggest one he brings back is a brown bear that weighs almost a ton.

"He is still training but training twenty four hours a day is a bit much even for him."

"Fair enough. Anyway, I will leave the barrier to you, okay?"

"En! Leave it to me!"

I smile at her and walk out of the house. I take out a bag of Dragon's Dung Fertilizer and shout.

"Midori! Midori! It is time to eat, girl!"

"Turtwig!"

I look to the side and see her popping her head out of the ground. It looks like she is doing her favorite thing, burying her entire body other than the plant on her head. She quickly runs to me and rubs her head on my feet.

I pat her and pour half of the fertilizer into the ground. I see her quickly eat the fertilizer and hear her singing something I don't understand. Midori has grown. At first, she was around forty to fifty centimeters, but now she is a meter tall.

=||=

[Name: Midori]

[Class: Guardian]

{Body: C+}

{Spirit: C-}

{Luck: D+}

~~~

[Skill]

{Overgrow: EX}

{Shell Armor: B}

{Photosynthesis: C}

{Growth: EX}

=||=

I blink for a few seconds when I see her [Shell Armor] skill increase once again.

Hey, system. Why does her [Shell Armor] skill increase so fast?

|[Shell Armor] gets faster, leveling up the more nutrients you give her. However, as she evolves into her next form, it will reset.|

Really?

|Yes. Her armor will change into a new one, and the skill will reset. However, you don't need to worry. For each rank, the more durable the shell will be when she evolves.|

I see. Well, let's make sure she gets the best after-evolution skills. As much as I don't want to use her as a shield, she will be my last line of defense against a powerful demonic beast.

For now, I need to get as many seeds as possible just in case the price rises again. Well, at least I get the land to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Yasaka - Fox Queen of the Western Youkai Faction|

Spoiler

[collapse]

"This is all the goods, Lady Yasaka."

I look at the vegetables and fruits in front of me with a smile. With this, the Youkai faction will rise in power and stand independently.

"Thank you, Tamika."

"I'm only fulfilling the contract, my lady."

"Even so, I must thank you. Please tell him that I thank him."

"Very well. I will inform him, my lady. If there is nothing else?"

"No. You can go. I will not hold you here."

"Thank you. It is nice to meet you and see you later."

I nod and watch her walk away. I can feel her disappear a second after arriving in the courtyard. After she disappears, I quickly order the barrier to tighten once again and look at the pile once more.

"Who should be the one using these?"

I look at my trusted friend and the master of spies for me—Kojiro, a weasel youkai from Iga and the direct descendant of Hattori Hanzo.

"Hmmm. Do you want to try them?"

"Sure"

"That fast?"

"I already see the effect, Yasaka. Do you know about the Oni in the north? They are his regular customers. Because of his produce, many Oni survive the winter when the Demonic Beast usually spawns."

"Yup, I already read the report."

"How about the Werewolves pack from Russia?"

"Huh? What about them?"

"They are starting to migrate to Japan."

I look at him with a serious expression and say.

"How many? Who is the pack leader? Is this a declaration of war? Or is it a new hunting ground? If those are the cases, they are wrong. We are not a strong faction but we are not weak either. Tell Nurarihyon to move his army. We will stop this invasion."

"Wait! Wait! Wait!"

Kojiro stops me from getting out of the storage room.

"Why are you stopping me, Kojiro? The more we wait the more people will die!"

"That's because our help is not needed. Our new business partner has taken care of it."

"Explain."

"Take a look at this."

He takes out an eggplant from his pocket, but what makes it different is that the color of the eggplant is pitch black and not a deep purple. Not only that, but it also releases a black mist from its body.

"This is what he called Shadow Eggplant. It increases someone's affinity to shadow but it is not the only thing it can do. This thing can make the curse of werewolves subdued to the point they can think clearly in the full moon."

The Werewolf Curse is ancient, even older than the Vampire Curse. It first appeared when the era of Mesopotamian Gods still existed. It comes from the Evil God Pazuzu, who cursed the champion of Ishtar to kill three of his pet wolves.

It was a curse of overwhelming anger and murder. When the full moon appears in the sky, they will turn into a beast that only thinks of murder. They cannot control their anger and murderous intent that they will even kill their own family.

There is a way to prevent them from going berserk, but it is expensive. Not because it is a rare potion but rather because the ingredient only comes from one place, Olympus. The Greeks decided to put the price of the main ingredient at a high price, not too high, but it would be too expensive when you need them every thirty days.

There is a reason why most werewolves decide to move to Russia. That country has a lot of lands where not many mundane people live. They make a village where they make an underground dungeon to hold themselves for the night of the full moon, and even though they manage to escape, not many casualties will happen other than wildlife.

"Is it working?"

"Fantastically. I tested it myself, and it increased my shadow affinity by quite a bit. As for the second effect, I don't know. However, by the look of it, it is working. One of my men even asked one of the alphas of the pack and he said that he will give you a tribute this year. He said that he wants to make a village on the edge of Hokkaido."

I think about it for a few seconds and say.

"When the tribute comes, split it in half. Give the other half to the Eastern Youkai Faction."

"Of course."

"Anyway, back to the fruits… Take three of them and train as if you will die tomorrow. For each consumption, write it down in as much detail as possible. How long the effect lasts, check if there is a side effect and how much boost you get."

"So you want me to be the guinea pig?"

"Basically."

I can see him release a sigh, but I can see him smiling. I smile at him and see him take three Purple Hot Peppers and slowly walk away from the room.

"Fine. Just make sure to give me a bonus, okay?"

It has been a while, huh? Because of a scam, I needed to sell most of my valuable things and did not have time or even the equipment to write a story. I need to sell most of my things to buy food and pay the previous month's rent and other bills. I'm writing this from the company's computer. I'm sorry to ask this, but if you can spare some changes, please visit my Ko-Fi page. Your support helps me to write more.

35