Chapter 12
579 0 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Serafall Leviathan - One of the Four Maous|

Something is amiss here.. Something is going on here.

I look at Yasaka, who smiles at me. I can feel it. I can feel her power is bigger than before. Usually, it wouldn't catch my attention, but her growth speed is abnormal. Usually, it takes a couple of years for someone like her to grow this much, but I can feel her energy increase at a terrifying speed.

What makes matters worse, it is not only her who is growing at terrifying speed.

I look to the side and notice all of her guards break the barrier of a Mid-Class being, and now they are in the High-Class territory. They are new to this, but the fact that they managed to break that wall is both impressive and concerning.

"Is there something wrong, Lady Serafall."

I look at Yasaka and notice her smiling at me. At the front, she has a beautiful smile, but I know that behind that smile is a smug expression. I just know it.

"Nothing, Lady Yasaka. I'm just shocked at how much you have grown."

"Fufufufu~ Really? Thank you."

I wait for her to continue, but after a few seconds, I know I won't get anything from her. I sigh a little and continue to wait for the food to arrive. It has become a habit for me. Each time I visit someone, they will at least make a small feast for me.

It's great the first few times, but it becomes annoying when you're on a tight schedule. If you reject their offer, it will strain the relationship between our faction, especially bad for the Youkai faction.

We already have a bad relationship; if we push it even more, we will have a war. Youkai is not the biggest threat in the world, but a cornered animal is the most dangerous.

"Ah, the food is here."

I look at the door and see people enter the room, bringing a lot of food to the table. When they remove the cover, I can smell something amazing. I look at the food and notice that most of it are vegetarian food.

"Enjoy the food."

I nod, take the chopstick, and pick up what looks like meat. However, on closer look, it is not meat. I frown a little but decide to ignore it and eat the food. My eyes widen at the flavor as the food gets inside my mouth.

"Oh my~ This is delicious."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask what kind of plant this is? It smells and tastes like meat, but the texture is like a fruit."

"Hmmm, I wonder."

I frown at her answer. Once again, she decides not to answer me. Something must happen in Japan, and the Youkai will ensure we do not know what it is. These dishes are something they do not need to worry about, and I know it will be easy to know where to get these fruits and vegetables.

I need to investigate this.

I take another bite and feel the beautiful flavor melt inside my mouth.

After this, of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile a little at the massive tree in front of me. This is the Water Tree I planted a long time ago. Before, it was an E-rank tree, but now it has increased in rank. Now this tree is a B-rank tree.

|Water Tree| |B-rank|

|A Water Tree contains a large amount of water that it releases from its leaves. This tree will continuously release water from its leaves non-stop. At its current rank, Water Tree can easily provide water to a small country.|

This tree provides all of the plants and animals on this farm with water. However, I need to throw away a lot of excess water. I spend a lot of points to buy a lot of plants that consume large amounts of water.

That plant is called [Seven Colored Water Lily]. This plant requires a lot of water to grow, and when it is fully grown, it will produce [Sevel Colored Water Lily Fruit]. The name could use some work, but the fruit is great.

This fruit can make the consumer look younger. This effect is something very popular with middle-aged women and men. This is my main income.

I walk to the edge of the water channel around the tree. I bought some underwater plants and planted them in this water channel. This plant is called [Underwater Strawberry] and takes a year to bear fruit.

It needs another three months before I can see its fruit.

I get up and walk out of the range of the Water Tree. It has been five months since I got the document saying I own this land, and I must say that I have grown a lot. My stats have not grown much, but it is slowly increasing.

What's really growing is my skill. I bought all the skills besides the fighting style in the shop.

"Status"

=||=

[Host: Yuuji Takano]

[Title: Exiled Heir, Void Traveler]

[Age: 19 years old]

{Body: C}

{Spirit: C-}

{Luck: D}

~~~~

[Farm Management]

{Farm Rank: E}

{Farming Points: 108,800}

~~~

[Skill]

{Farming skill: D}

{Cooking skill: B+}

{Hunting skill: C}

{Farming Fighting Style: F+}

{Carpentry: D}

{Stonemasonry: D}

{Animal Husbandry: D+}

{Protection Magic: C-}

{Life Magic: C-}

=||=

My carpentry and stonemasonry get that high because I keep dismantling the Coop and the Barn and reconstructing them. That is why my new magic increases at a very high speed. I destroyed the barrier around the farm and reconstructed it many times.

After completing my daily and weekly quest and caring for the plant, I spend most of my day training my skills.

I don't know how good the barrier is because Tami's expertise is not in barrier-making but rather in poison and illusion magic. The barrier is good enough to block all the Demonic Beast from getting inside the farm.

Speaking of Demonic Beasts, they are a pest. I kill at least a hundred of them daily as they keep coming to the farm before I make the barrier. I even need to call Vex to help me. The system said they were coming here because of all the plants on the farm. They want to eat them and get stronger.

Most of the Demonic Beasts are weaker than me. If I compare them to my stats, they will have D-rank in [Body].

Midori and I easily take care of them. Speaking of Midori…

"Midori! Where are you girls?! Lunch is ready!"

After waiting a few seconds, I hear a footstep of something heavy. A few seconds later, I see a massive turtle-like creature running toward me.

"Grotle~"

I smile a little and brace for impact. Midori threw her body at mine, and I put all my strength so I didn't fall to the ground.

"Hahaha~ Stop it, girl."

Midori stops licking me and lands on all four. She has reached her limit and is now a Grotle, the next evolution of her race. Her previous a-meter-tall body now changes into a two-meter-tall body. Not only that, but her weight is also significantly heavier. I think she is now around two hundred kilos or more.

"How are you, girl?"

"Gro! Grotle! Grotle~"

"Oh? You are busy hunting, huh?"

"Gro~"

"Of course. Of course. You don't need to push me, girl."

Midori pushes me to her nest, a massive hole that she digs near my home. The hole is where she buries her head and lets her shell breathe air and absorb the sun.

As we get closer, I can see ten corpses inside the hole.

"Oh~ You have been busy, huh? Good girl."

"Gro~"

I smile at her and scratch her neck. Even though she has evolved, she still behaves like her usual self. She likes to make me proud and likes to be scratched by me. While my right hand is busy patting and stretching Midori, my left hand absorbs all the corpses into the inventory.

According to the system, these corpses are good as fertilizer. As my farm grows, I need to make fertilizer because it will cost me too much to buy from the system. I'm lucky that my Farming Skill includes how to make fertilizer.

The fertilizer made from Demonic Beast is not as good as the Fertilizer (D-Rank) from the system shop, but it is good enough for all the lower-level vegetables.

"Gro! Gro?"

"Ah, I'm sorry, Midori. Here is your food."

I buy two bags of D-rank Fertilizer and give them all to her. After feeding her, I decided to get back home. As I get inside, I see many potted plants. These are my experiments. This is my experiment on Life Magic.

I can bring back the dead with this magic at the highest level. Currently, I am experimenting with combining two seeds at once. I want to see the result and how good it will be. At the moment, the result is not much. The only success is how I increase the number of carrots I can get in a single harvest for the Golden Carrot.

The system tells me that I will get a greater result when my magic skill increases in level.

"Hmmm, how can I increase the effectiveness of the Golden Carrot?"

Before I can start my next experiment, my phone rings. I take it out of my pocket.

"Yasaka?"

I press the answer button and say.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, Yuuji."

"Good afternoon, Yasaka. What's up?"

"I want to invite you to my daughter's birthday."

It has been a while, huh? Because of a scam, I needed to sell most of my valuable things and did not have time or even the equipment to write a story. I need to sell most of my things to buy food and pay the previous month's rent and other bills. I'm writing this from the company's computer. I'm sorry to ask this, but if you can spare some changes, please visit my Ko-Fi page. Your support helps me to write more.

39