「Hear me Roar!」 -part 3-
394 7 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This adds more detail to the previews chapter.
Remember this story is only written for fun.
=3=

After the fight: // In the med-bay. //

Talie's Pov:

Tori usually is calm and collected in a situation like these.
Her past life obviously was calm and collected.

But now...

Well, watching her go wild with her all is quite a refreshing sight.

But when considering how much she yearns to remain in a simpler lifestyle.

Her life before she became a human.

It was extremely stressful...
As she had to manage a kingdom full of problems filled with a unique individual of different races.
Where everyone kneeled and beg for her help every time a stupid problem fell in their hands.

Be it stupid assassins coming for her necks.
Or her people causing more problems for her to solve as they carry the name of her kingdom.

If that wasn't hectic enough.
There were also malicious forces trying to stir trouble in different lands outside her nation.
where she had to act and deal with the problem before it escalates and reach her own home.

What are the examples you ask!?

Imagine... a being enslaving everyone with charm or mind control spells.
Or a human who suddenly possessed the power of destroying a nation and became quite addicted to killing.

Of course, she challenged them and the battle's ended in a one-sided victory for her.
Because most of them used magic.

Her race is a special-case that possessed the ability to use rare elements of Light and Darkness.
Coupled with scales capable of resisting and sealing away any magic that made in contact with it.
Added with the years of training, mastering how to control and use it to the fullest extent.

It was like she just turned the worst-case scenario for the world like slowly enslaved by one fool.
Into a funny bullying session of whipping and dragging problem children who think the world is theirs into a begging crying fool who is now begging for their lives.

Of course, only an idiot would let such a person live.

For the safety of all, she ended them without hesitation.

Except for certain people that have proven that were merely victims and simply were unable to control it.

There were circumstances where Tori...
No.
Estel Rue the former Dragon that devourer of misfortunes.
Saw capable people and offered her services to them, instead.

She gave them a home in her kingdom and sealed away such powers which could potentially cause disasters.

Giving them a normal life...

It was amazing how she just turned a crisis of nations into a complete joke.
It is no surprise how even outside her kingdom she was called a goddess.

After that...
She hilariously decides to ditch most of the paperwork on her subordinates.

Of course, despite it all...
Her subordinates got completely used to her antics and simply chose to leave her be.

The only time they would bother her is, when...
There are bigger threats and problems abound that would threaten the land.
Thankfully, it doesn't happen every day for her.

But the most hilarious thing about this is...
They were able to read her mind like a book and track her down so easily shocking her every time.
No matter how much she hid.
Even finding her in a secret hideout she secretly created herself just to slip away from her work.

Watching her complain crying. "BUT I DON'T WANNA WOOORK!"
While being dragged by them was a hilarious scene.

At that point,
she starts bawling like a child but no mercy is spared as she gets dragged back to work.
Regardless of her wishes.

Not through force but through reason.

"Now, now... your majesty.
We have much work to do.

Do you intend to let all your hard work fall apart like this?"

She clicked her tongue and followed their words.

If the people of her kingdom saw her like that...
Well, they might question how on earth such a person.
became queen of the most formidable nation in the realm.

As for me, I wouldn't even question it.
Estel Rue who is now Tori worked hard to achieve an unfathomable amount of talent through training and mastering the knowledge and secret of her kind.

She was formidable despite the eccentric personality that didn't care about commoners or nobles nor the wishes of those above or below her...

A selfish person.
Unbounded, Unchained she was undoubtedly fitting to carry the title Queen of the Demi's.

Coupled with the knowledge of my memories from a peaceful world.
After she used a spell and forcefully entered my memory without my consent.
But I didn't mind and guided her anyways.

Because she needed an example of how to properly lead her people.
By showing the flaws and mistakes of my own.

I'm not sure when this happened.
But one thing I know for sure...

The death of her sister was the sole reason she became a Queen.
Her nature completely changed into one where she sought for peace in a world full of conflict.

Her goal was to change the word "The name Demon->Into->Demi."

Which is no easy feat, in a world full of conflicts.
It wasn't her dream, it was her sister's dream.

And she pursued it because...
Even for Estel Rue that was a dream worth reaching.

Due to her efforts.
It was then...
She soon received the title.

"Goddess of the Demi-humans."

But if that was the only reason why she was nicknamed such a grand title it was not met without problems. She was no fool as there is always corruption in such a powerful kingdom where she ruled.

Meeting with them with blade and magic she was not someone whom they could easily bring down and those who challenged her often faced an unimaginable force of nature.

Because despite her appearance in the past...
She remained very decisive when she made a choice.

Be it defeating them one-sidedly or turning enemies into her allies.

Carrying powers borrowed from the spirits during her line of work.
 She was also able to detect emotions but unable to properly read them.

Being able to easily sense turmoil within a person.

This made it easier for her to discern whether she should show mercy or not.

But when she finds no flaw's in them.
There was no holding back...

It's not like she didn't give them a choice after all.

"If they...
If only they just fought a normal duel,
I would have accepted defeat and that would be the end of our fight...

*guuuah*

Instead, they pushed for dirty tricks and did every disgusting, unfair way of fighting.
That calling it can't even be called a duel or practice match anymore.

I REFUSE TO LET THAT PASS! *Gaaah*"

Were her agitated words while she groaned in the medical bed.
A backlash from overusing her spell disregarding the limits of her body.
She was now sour all over as her muscle ached...

To reduce the effect of the backlash she was given pain relievers to temporarily numb it.

Though she deliberately attacked Castel at the end of the fight.
Because she wanted to be knocked out when the effect of her enchantment wore off.

To avoid the pain.

But even with that...
She was still groaning while showing a distorted expression like she drank spoiled milk and having one nasty diarrhea...

Though...

After beating our opponents and before the professor did came to personally stop us.

She informed me of what was practically happening.
She scanned the field of magic around us and studied the magic including our opponents.
Then she discovered the fact that the arena was SET to support them while preventing both of us from losing consciousness during the fight.

Realizing how unfair and rigged the match was...

She hi-jacked the magic by applying a certain spell into the field as they were unaware of her actions as she turned their set-up against them.

Normally this wouldn't be possible and even the most skillful sorcerers would likely make a mistake and harm themselves by tampering with magic not their own.

But Tori had extensive knowledge of magic that it is already beyond the level of an arch-mage.
Her ability as a sorcerer already surpasses the norms of one would call normal.

Like a level 10 mage which is actually a freaking level 999 wizard.

At the same time, she was incredibly pissed off that...
It was quite a fun ride to watch.

In her fury, she wasn't letting any of them getaway.
It is needless to say, that the reason why Tori managed to last that long was simply.
Thanks to her control of the arena and the gauntlet provided to us.

But before her magic could fully control the arena she had to buy time and use the gauntlets using combat magic techniques with the best she can...

Though...
Her combat magic techniques despite using it as a human haven't changed one bit.
As fierce as her ability to use magic...

The only thing restricting her is the limited inner-mana she carried...

After she finished hijacking the arena...
Well, it was needless to say...

Her opponent who lasted the longest simply became nothing but a toy for her.
Like a sorry sob, bound in magic chains of the arena designed for us.

He became a plaything for her to torment.

After she was done.

The rest of what happened was a disaster as Tori's anger turned even towards our professors.
She did not relent nor surrender as she mercilessly took control and crushed those who approached her as she continued to ask them repeatedly.

"Why did you not stop the fight?"

When she asked this question,
They dodged it with empty threats and complaints.
They simply reaped what they sowed.

Tori lost faith and trust in their words.
As she lost interest in them and continued her rampage as she saw fit.
By making them look like laughing stocks as she blasted them away when they attempted to stop her.

"Unforgivable..." she repeatedly said.
The goal has changed...

Her plan was now to turn their situation into a big problem by causing as much chaos as possible.

To draw the attention of the heads of the school.
To call out the one who can properly judge our current situation.

"I don't trust any of you.
Until my adviser comes to personally help us.
JUST-TRY-AND-STOP-ME."

They have awoken something dark inside her.
It's the scary part when she gets REAL angry.

Our adviser was none other than Lotte...
She arrived but it was all too late as both of us even started attacking even one of the leading heads of the school.

What was his name again?
Ah, Lemon?
I forgot.

It reached the point where we even dueled lady Castel...
But at that point.

Both of us were already too exhausted to fight her in a proper battle.
That we intended to end the fight in a single breath.

I was the shield and Tori was the hammer.

The plan was to put her down but we ended up getting taken out instead.

While deeply sighing I gazed at Tori who is currently in her medical bed.

Currently in a state of anguish as being unconscious didn't let her slip away from the pain that followed.
 
I could only pray this won't drag us into an even deeper mess.
But with Lotte arrival, it should smooth things over...

Right?...
Were Talie's hopefully thought as she calmed herself down with tea in her hand.

As she rested on her bed.
Tori aching woes continued throughout the day... _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Before they got sent to the med bay.

// The Phantom and the Dragon. //

Is Tori perfect?
Skilled in combat.
A genius in magic.
So perfect you could depict her as a mary sue in some stupid story.

However, she is no longer who she once was before...

She was way more absurd and mind-bogglingly strong in the past.
That it seemed ironic that someone could pose a threat to someone like her.

An unstoppable queen that sat on her throne.
Feared and awed by many...

Though it wasn't strange as she was born under a lucky star as I played a part in bringing her back from the living. She was once a dragon that carried ancient blood of her race once famed as the moonlight.

But her people failed to recognize it and her past wasn't too pretty.
As prejudice within races between human and demi-humans formerly known as demon-kins existed...

However...
The fact that she is now a human.
Her weaknesses were now made more visible than the past.

Yes...
Tori is no longer as strong as she was once before.
She now has limits.

Understanding the weaknesses she once held as a human before her ancestral blood awoke.
She felt relieved yet worried about the future.

"Humans are fragile." she once said to me when we lived with our parent's home.

But this is why I am here.
I won't let her break so easily nor will I let her fight these battles on her own.

After my binding magic wore off they tried to pincer and pressure her.
As I saw her panting and her movement slowed I acted to support her with all I can.

I stole the shield of our fallen opponent that was quite resilient enough to survive Tori's strike.
Though one of my arms remains busted.

I can enhance one of my limbs and strengthen it that I can carry it with one hand alone.

Self Enhancement spells are useful but carried a price.
By using it...
Well, it's after-effects will leave your arm feeling numb and tired or aching in pain begging for help.

This world was a constant place filled with conflict in the past and even now it hasn't changed one bit.

Fighting constantly like uncivilized beast where only the strong stand strong.
Greed and selfishness were prevalent that combat was always inevitable.

But aside from strengthening magic...
Complex spells like healing were beyond me.

After all...
I had no living body of my own to test how capable such powers truly were...

As a phantom that simply possessed her for my amusement.
I was someone who supported her by partially strengthening her.
Most of the time I kept her alive by sealing her wounds to prevent bleeding.
That's all I truly have learned from her.

She begged me to learn first aid at least.

Though to be honest...
Learning each piece of a human body was a pain in the ass cuz I was DEAD.

But at other times partially manipulated her body and avoid lethal attacks which she failed to sense or see.

Because of this...
Despite our differences...
Both of us became a duet in a single body.

I as her spiritual support from within.
And she who rigorously faced insurmountable odds.
As my life had already ended and the world known as the afterlife was such a boring place.
That it was simply amusing remaining at her side.

But there are times when she had fought alone and wished I had a body of my own.

Most of the time her people are often unable to support her in battle despite their capabilities.
Because intense fights that seemed to look like two supreme beings trying to kill one another escalates into a battle where it enters the realm of heroes and legends...

After all...
The title goddess-given to her was no simple title.
She carried different kinds but it was what she was known for the most.

Life is strange.
For me anyways.

It's an odd situation to find a dead person living in a new body.
But now that I have the chance to participate.

I won't let this chance slip away!

After all...
This brat I first met...
Have I never imagined...

To have grown into such an unexpectedly brilliant beacon.
That we're able to shine ever so brightly beyond my expectations.
Bringing the light of hope to those who had lost their path in such an unreasonable world full of cruelty and selfish desires...

Coupled with existences trying to turn the world as if it was their own playground.

With a happy smile, I unexpectedly got my wish...
I'll cherish it till...
we grow old and fall together.

I raised the shield with one hand then melded myself into the surrounding rendering myself invisible.

Ignoring my aching arm.
I entered the fray and assisted her in battle.
As I surprised those who intended to take the opportunity of her weakened state.

After clashing with her opponent.
I made a wide fierce and wild smile at my opponent as I shouted to her.

"I got your back!"
 
I said to her as she lightly smiled as our surprised opponent did not expect a metal shield in their face.

In mere seconds...
With deep breath's she recomposes herself and calmed her nerves.
We were into a fight with adults now, but they were weaker than we expected...
Or perhaps I've been influenced by Estel Rue's Demi-human kingdom.

Where only the strong and wise are generally accepted.

I shook my head and focused.
I only have a single-arm...
But that wasn't all the tricks up my sleeve...
As our struggle continued...

We were soon met to fight the friendly Castel.
Unfortunately, both of us were already at our limit.
As we tried to put her down on our first contact.

Both of us got crushed by her in a single clash.

But it wasn't surprising...
After all, both of us are still children.
We achieved our goal in the end, now that she was here.
 ________________________________________________________________________________

// Castel's Point of view //

*Music Theme used: Rubellite eyes. (Danmachi OST)*

I got delayed...
I was busy going to the Arena's control room to disable the field's illusionary forest.
Because the drones that entered that arena were out of commission and were unable to properly see what was happening.

To properly stop the confusion within the thick forest constructed by field magic.

Though...
Those who managed the control room were nowhere in sight with only a messy place of their food left around the place. I went to the controls and checked the records of what happened inside.

And what happened, shocked me.

"What do you mean!? We lost control of the Arena!" Man #1.

"I don't understand...
it's not responding to the commands!" Man #2

"Shit!
Why won't it work!" Man #3

"I've sent in drones to see the problems but...
They instantly become disabled the moment they enter the field.
Even I don't know what is happening!" Man #4

"You fools!
Didn't you guys work here for decades already!
How do you idiots not know how to fix something like this!" Man #1.

As the clip continued it turned into banters of blaming and confusion.
Finally, it reached a climatic point.

"I can't take it anymore!
I don't want to be blamed for this!" Man #4

As the person rushes out the rest soon followed as the ran to escape the Arena Control room.

Castel was gazing in bewilderment.

"They lost control of the Arena?
Then what the heck is happening inside it!"

It's been already 30 minutes or so since the duel started...
Professors entered it but didn't come out.

"Let's see,
I'll try disabling the illusion.

We don't want anyone to get hurt if I disabled the whole arena."

*Beep* [Processing...] *Beep*

An image then appeared.
5 minutes...

Since the controls are down I had to punch down the kill switch in the mana flow that powers the illusion of the arena.

Still what a worrying situation...

As I walked back to the Arena and waited for the Illusion to fade.

The oddest scene appeared with everyone gasping in shock as they saw it.

Two girls resting their back at each other side and around them were the professor and their opponents in the ground completely unconscious.

Both were panting for their breaths.

Looks like they had the fun of their lives.

I never thought I'd see professors to be beaten by mere 12 year olds.
What the heck are these kids!

But the most troubling thing aren't them...
it's these...

"What are these imbeciles doing?" I scratched my head wondering, what happened.

To be beaten by children who are already exhausted from fighting.
I walked towards them with caution.

Their hair was a mess and didn't look like they were children raised by a noble house.
They reminded me of children who survived in forests full of monsters or soldiers given a terrible regime session.

But when they noticed my presence one of their figures disappeared.

Looked like they weren't going to let this end peacefully.

"Haven't you two done enough already?" I directed these words to both of them.
But my words were either not heard or fell into deaf ears.
As the young girl ran towards me with such a small and fragile figure.

But I couldn't let my guard down.
For them to defeat this many opponents its quite amazing on its own right!

After observing at the fallen opponent and surrounding something powerful had struck them.

My eyes turn to the gauntlets.
I felt danger from it.

I soon rushed in to intercept the young lass as she ran towards me in this open wide arena.

But what surprised me wasn't the young girl running towards me.

But...
The presence of another in front of me as I swung my blade upwards.

*Clang*

The sound of a shield being blocked.
I soon saw a single broken arm, her figure slowly revealed itself.

It was Talie giving me a wide grin as her shield was thrown upward,
In mere seconds she placed her hand on her pockets.
Then cried out.  『POCKET SAND! 』

WHAT THE *BLEEP*!
As sand distracted me as my eyes became agitated.
Slowly opening it.
Suddenly from behind her Tori came in with the gauntlet tightened with a presence of magic in it.

At that point, I was shocked.
I lowered my guard and activated my trump card『Acceleration!』

I avoided her gauntlets but then as it reaches the air I felt pressure an incredible force bursting out of her gauntlet.

Instinctively I swung the side of my blade towards at her, as she was heavily struck downward making a terrible noise.

Ah... shit.
I only intended to knock her out!
Not crush her!
She crashes to the ground and made a painful *Thud* as she rested on the ground.

I cursed at myself "shit!" and checked for her life signs.

After inspecting her...
 The arena's barrier seemed to have protected her body but she was unconscious.
A breath of relief came to me when she was safe.

But then I realized and forgot the second opponent to turn to where she fell.

And there she was resting on the ground absentmindedly.

"Aren't you going to fight?"

She then replied.

"No way. *haah*
Who would explain what happened if I go down too!*Haah*"
she said in complaint while panting in exhaustion.

These two are mysterious.
Was what I thought when I saw the 6 professors and 2 students out cold.
I then wonder what would happen if the rule:
Students outside cannot interfere in another's duel didn't exist.

Would both of them take out all of their classmates? I wondered.

I shook my head and asked the question to young Talie.

But she said, it's better to explain with miss Lotte around.
Though after asking why they attacked me.

Talie then said.

"She wanted to measure how strong you are.
Also, you did her a favor by knocking her out cold."

My mind froze.
It didn't make sense.

After a few moments.
Lotte did indeed came on time...

Talie soon explained to both of us about what happened.

16