「An Unprecedented change.」 [part 1]
648 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

How did I forget such an important event in the story?

No...

More like how the heck didn't I remember it?

Something as important as this, where my life is on the line.

For an event like this.

That occurred at the start of the story.

...

Shit, it's my fault for skipping the introduction of the story because I didn't like long ass explanations!

Baster of the BlackRose family is now currently attending a party.
However, as he remained in it, he recalled the scenery of the place which seemed familiar.

The brilliant chandeliers and design so vividly in his mind.
It was then he remembered...

This was the day.
The Royal family first prince is about to be assassinated.

which led to the whole scenario of competition amongst the royal family and the houses of the 6 great dukes chasing after the throne.  

...

...

...

________________________________________________________________________________

A months ago...

"What do you mean you want Tori to participate on the prince ball!?"

Rufus the twin's father shouted.
His wife was beside him with a concerned expression.

They were currently in his grandfather's office where he requested his presence.
His work piled up and the time to meet with his children lessened as he complained.

"That child is ready to participate.
You don't need to worry." his grandfather said.

But he then shouted. "That's not the problem here!"

"What about Talie?
Don't tell me you're not going to include her."

He shook his head.

"Talie still have room to grow, this is an important event that many of the houses are aiming for...
If an enemy of ours gains hold of that kind of power, our territory and the rest of our family will surely fall."

But he then replied to him trying to reason.
"That's not the point!

The twins are inseparable.

If you are planning on pushing Tori alone in there.
She's going to be isolated amongst the nobles there.
You should already know how much pressure she will face.
When they start nitpicking the fact that she is a child of a commoner!"

His grandfather went silent as he soon answered.

"That child has talent if she shows-" he was then cut off by his own son.

"I already know she's talented.
The moment I saw her movements, I once asked her about it.
But when she showed me a confused expression unable to explain herself.

I dropped the subject knowing that she wasn't comfortable talking about it."

His father once asked Tori regarding her fine movement that seemed like a noble once when she was at a young age of 6...

But Tori went silent unable to answer him, she shuddered in panic and terror as the subject was extremely delicate and confusing that she doesn't know where to even begin...

The only the words she could say were...
「I-Don't-Know.」came out while looking at him with teary eyes.
It was then he decided to drop the subject fearing it would scare the child if he prodded too far.

He was being considerate for her who had been a good child.
Talie was there to comfort her as they went back to play as she cheerfully smiled again.

"Bring Talie with her or I'll quit." he firmly said to him.

His wife paled but as she gazed at him, she saw it.

There was a blaze of rage in his eyes showing a serious gaze.
His own grandfather couldn't retort as his face twitched where he then conceded.

"Fine..." he said with a deep sigh.

In his thoughts:

[Favoritism in this family is the problem I once faced.
At least in this way,
both of them are with each other when things go sour.]

He was worried if Talie couldn't come she would feel jealous and break the bond between the two sisters.

...

...

...

________________________________________________________________________________

Tori's Pov:

「It's a royal party...
What do we do?」

『Attend it of course...』

「But at this rate, I'll be stuck in a throne again!」

『If you catch their attention that is...
We came from a commoner's mother, the odds are really slim.』

「That doesn't change the fact we have our father's blood in our veins.」

Tori right at this moment was being pessimistic.
The depression that she couldn't control her own actions while feeling like she was going to get dragged back into a throne terrorizes her mind.

『I don't want to sit in that shitty throne again.』She whined.

「You know...
There is plenty competition at this time.

Who DEFINITELY wants it more than you.

Also...

This isn't the country of demis anymore.
Unless you show them your ability to use grand magic.
I highly doubt they will hook you up with the prince with fancy movement alone.」

Talie made a solid point.
But then again,
this is such a pain I dragged myself into.

Though, since this is 300 years in the future.
I feel kind of responsible to why this world became like this...

How did we save half the world?

The answer was simply we stopped a foolish person trying to use a power source that drained the mana in the air to power itself for years. An ancient ruin which carried a great source of power that was intended to suppress the overflowing mana of the world.

That man constructed an army of golems and machines powered by mana to protect himself.

His intention was to utilize its power for his own selfish wish to turn back time.
However, no matter how much he wished for such a thing.
There was no such thing as turning back time.

Magic to turn back time was something I tried myself...
Only to move forward or temporarily freeze it was possible...
But it carried detrimental effects.

Such as, even if I managed to freeze time.
I cannot move due to how complicated the spell was as it will be swiftly dispelled.

Though, the realm of the dead may have a way of controlling time and bending reality as Talie/(Luria) was once someone who wandered limbo as a spirit.

Lost in a world frozen in time.

As for the stranger who was trying to harness the power itself.
He was unaware that he was creating was a powerful black hole that will undoubtedly destroy half of the world.

This was the vision given to me by the Blessing of the Spirit Lord.
Warning me of the world's impending doom.

With his blessing, I was able to speak to his spirits...
His minions contacted sought me out as the current Queen of my kingdom.
Leading me to where the ruins were and putting an end to his madness.

With my men, I fought my way to the hordes of his defenses and reached him.

But to my surprise during those battles.

My arm was torn from me and I was pierced by multiple piercing projectile capable of piercing my own defenses crafted by the best of my magic.

Where he managed to punch through my defenses aware of my power.
Aware of my existence and cautious enough to plan against my arrival.

But despite being in pain.
That wasn't enough to kill me.

Light magic was my greatest power as it constantly kept me alive despite the horrible state my body was in...

We soon reached the point where I finally managed to reach the bastard and put an end to his ploys.

But at that point, he had already made a contingency plan.
A desperate act where he activated the device in hopes of turning back time.

But to his dismay, it turned into a powerful black hole instead completely unaware of why it happened, denying why it didn't turn out as he envisioned it.

Truthfully, I am at awe at this person's ingenuity.
Not many of my opponents for decades have managed to even harm me.

But even so...
To watch him fail like this was painful even for myself.
Because I knew the reason for his failure.

The law of the gods simply forbids anyone from turning back time were what the spirits have told me. I once tried it myself using the limitless power of the moonlight that allowed me to turn the mana of the air itself into my own power.

But the spirits told me that it was simply a law that forbade any being of this world to alter reality itself.

Should any attempt was to be made...
Punishment would be mete out to that person or object that tried to do so...

Hence a black-hole is the result...
Thankfully I managed to resist it and survived the outcome.
(Seriously, why didn't they warn me sooner.) was my only complain as I got injured in the process.

I gave that person a deep sigh.
If I was given the chance,
I would have hired him to make him amend his mistakes.

However, after I told him that fact...
Tears of anger and denial came to him.

Unable to accept that truth.

He gazed at the ground with madness striking the ground with pain in his heart.
But now was not the time to care about such a man.

There was nothing that could stop the machine and even he himself doesn't know how to stop it.

In order to seal its power from being unleashed into the world.
I sent my soldiers to take him away as I told them.

"Forgive him, he doesn't know what he had done..." were my final words to them.

With pain and bitterness in their eyes, they soon left.
I briefed them about the mission and the possibility of what would happen.

I simply gently smiled while looking at the void in front of me.

『Grand Magic: Abyssal Dementio. 』

Grand Magic which consumes a vast area around the user and its surrounding in another space.

As time tick's, and my comrades flee the black hole swallowed me.
My body resisted its destructive effects but I was stuck in the center of it.

The reason why I had to do so was simply that...
The whole ruins itself is the machine.

Its size was bigger than a country and more of the size of a mountain.

As soon as my men swiftly fled to the portal which we came from...

I activated the spell and stopped half of the world from being swallowed by this thing...

Though, in my final moments.
They must have been recording it causing the statue of myself to be erected.

But as I succeeded in stopping the explosion.
I suffered a consequence from it.

Since I was immune and resistant to magic.
I survived the scenario of the explosion inside that dimension.

But the state of my body can barely even be called as someone to be in a state of being alive.
As only my body and head was left attached with all my limbs were now gone. If they were still attached, I could have sent myself back to my own world again and I should have been rescued by my people.

however...
That was not the case as I simply floated in empty space unable to act.

Bleeding, floating in an unknown space and dying.

Luria was scolding me relentlessly as both of us were in pain...
While I was pretty much on death's door waiting for an end.

『Ah, we still have so many things we left behind didn't we?』

「You just let your opponents win by dying you know!」

Indeed...
Our intention was to make demi-humans as an accepted race amongst the people.
Once called the demon-kins, feared by all due to their power and ability to transform themselves into monsters.

Sentients that sought for understanding and a place to reside in...

They can't be called beast-kin since they are capable of destroying an army.
They can't be called humans despite transforming as one.

The demi-human race was the perfect word for them.

Monsters that can shape themselves as humans through magic.

But for what I can simply guess...

On the day I died.
The mana was unleashed back into the world...

Was released unto the world.

Which led to this drastic change in this world.

I could only guess my people decided to evacuate and share their knowledge with the humans in order to preserve themselves from being overrun by the mindless beings known as monsters that are constantly being born.

The change of mana in the world that massive should have not only made them stronger but bigger and ridiculously dangerous as well. Hence why giant machines I saw from the distance are now present.

I pity those who didn't saw this calamity happen.

Though, I guess it doesn't matter anymore...
This is now my life.

A new life as twins with my long companion that finally lives and breathes the same air as me.

________________________________________________________________________________

Baster's Pov:

It's already been a month...
and tomorrow there will be a party.

The twins are causing a bit of a ruckus but even they have no power.

They are after all just 9 years old.
As for myself, I'm still growing...

Ah, I want to ride one of those giant mechs.
Though, grandfather kept pursuing tea for some reason.

he had the chef made multiple attempts on the tea which the sister have made once.
But he never managed to find the same experience he once had before.

[Did they put freaking drugs and gave it to grandfather?] I wondered about that.

But when Tori asked if I wanted to drink some...
I gave it a taste.

The result was...

"What the heck is this?"

The moment I simply took a sip a jolt of energy surged in my body.
It felt like I was drinking coffee...
No... it's way more powerful than coffee I can simply call it some kind of drug.

『Welcome to the world of tea with a touch of magic.』 Talie grinning said to me.

I swiftly retorted.

"You two can't call this tea at all!
It's way too powerful to be even called tea."

「Eh? all I did was enhance the original effect of what it was supposed to do...」

She soon gave me the ingredients.
They were herbal tea which energizes the body and cleans impurity.

"Hey, wait how did you two even make this?"

「That's our secret.」

『That's our secret.』

Both of them giggled like girls of their age.
But this kind of high-quality tea is making our chefs suffer.
I didn't pry the knowledge any further because the mere mention of magic gave me a head-ache.

After gazing at the ingredients it was clearly the common tea of this world.
Probably their kind of tea was something that can only be made by them.

Though, as the days passed by we simply lived our lives like normal.
Mischief occurred a few times but these twins never failed to amaze me.

I just hoped that these two won't alter the story too much.

Yelp, that cover's.
what happened before they died.

Don't mind the author note's.
I type down random stuffs all the time.

20