「An Unprecedented change.」 [Part 2]
616 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

『They really didn't hold back on the floating stones didn't THEY?』 Talie said.

「It's kind of amazing what could happen in just a few centuries.」Tori said in her reply.

The twins and her family are now on an air-ship gazing at a gigantic city in the distance.
It appeared to be a city with floating bridges spanning over large floating islands.

They arrived in the evening as the yellow clouds revealed its color.

「I kind of feel bad for people who have terrible heights.」Tori said.

Tori recalled the days she felt a fear of heights just by gazing at the spectacular view.
Talie on the other hand shrugged.

『Well, you were only afraid due to my memory.
Dying from falling from a tall building would naturally make anyone afraid of heights.』

Baster who was beside them then asked.

"Is that how you died?"

『Pretty much,
 My memory was shared unto Tori...
But she pulled through when she discovered my memories are not actually her own.』

The three were wandering in the air-ship on their own.
Their parents were currently discussing, where they would temporarily stay and return home.

「So, Baster how about you? uhh, I know it's kind of dark asking this directly from you.」

Baster simply shook his head.

"I only felt a sharp pain on the back of my head, after that, I can't remember anything."

"When I woke up, I discovered I just became a kid."

Talie was cringing as she heard it from him.

While biting her lips she then replied to him.

『Damn, you really are one lucky bastard aren't you?
I somehow want to strangle you, for not going through what I've been through!』

He turned his head away from her as he felt her jealousy and malice.
Tori, on the other hand, was pulling her away from him as Talie pinches his arm in her annoyance.

After a while...

The family soon regrouped in the air-ship.

The airship after a few hours landed towards the harbor.
A large floating vehicle soon landed on their ship.

Its color was grey with an emblem of the black rose embedded in it.
It seems to be a scheduled ride waiting for us.

"Now, now kids.
Get inside, we don't want to be late."

His grandfather had a cheer on his face as he said those words.
Rufus his son sighed at him while her wife politely nods.

It was already clear to the twin's family that her grandfather's intention is to secure a fiance for his daughter.
With a wide enough size, the floating vehicle soon began to do its work as it soon hovered towards the city,
but it slowly hovered downwards toward the ground showing that it's not meant for the flight and only for transportation.

The twins were a distance away enough from them to privately converse.

「There was really nothing we could do...」Tori sighed at her circumstance.

But Talie said in response.

『We could always rebel against our family』

「Talie...」she was gazing at her with a displeased expression.

『Hey, it's your choice for being a goodie two shoes.』

「Sometimes I wonder if it would be for the best if we didn't remember everything.」
Tori then said with an exasperated expression.

Talie retorts with a wry smile.
『At that point, we'd be boring enough to not be here in the first place.』

The vehicle continued to hum as they soon saw a large number of people.
Each one working on lamps, shops and other tools including many kinds of vehicles similar to the one they rode on...

Tori gazed at a demi-human who seemed to be happily working amongst the citizens as they spoke with one another.

「Perhaps, If I lived in such a world.
I wouldn't have to be queen.」she mumbled.

Talie who was observing her could tell what she was thinking.

『At that point, then perhaps I didn't need to interfere and just took over your body.』

She said with a grin.

「Have you ever reconsidered yourself a sinister person?」

『Have you reconsidered yourself quite an angelic figure?』

As they argued about it.
Tori began to giggle a bit...

『What's so funny?』

「You usually slept a lot and get bored inside of me.
Now that I see you alive like this, I can't help but enjoy being with you now.

Makes me feel a bit glad to be your sister... 」

Talie face went red as she said those words.

『Stop. Saying. Such. Embarrassing. Things!?』as she turns away from her.

Tori on the other hand simply smiled at her, gazing at her red ears and cheeks.

As the ship flew towards a large citadel in the center of the city where the party is to be held.

________________________________________________________________________________

Tori's Pov:

The sky has grown dark and the bright light of the city did not change the scenery.
A red carpet rolled as we soon entered the place.

At a distance, it looked like a fortress.
But now that we have entered it.
It was pretty much a palace the moment we entered it.

The grand displays and beautiful statues along with decor expressed this country's wealth and power.
This place was undoubtedly a formidable home of a great emperor or empress.

Sadly, it's no match compared to the darn temple they build back in my home.
Though it's probably already been destroyed by now...

Currently, I am wearing a dark dress that is quite unexpectedly a bit fluttery.
Talie is wearing the same dark dress apparently the name Black Rose in our family name was adopted in the design of our clothing.

It was called "The Black Petals dress." Or so my grandfather called it as he boasted its name.
It was given by our aunt who is basically too busy with her work to join us.

As for our hair, it's pretty much have been partially darkened by the servants.
They sprayed our hair with it.

It carried a bitter scent but slowly faded away as they sprayed perfume into our clothes.
So it's now the color of dark-green as we looked at it in the mirror.

Its color is unexpectedly appealing to the eyes.

We soon reached the door then entered a room filled with people
Our dress did cater to the interest of the crowd as they gazed at both of us with curiosity.

To be practically honest, it's cumbersome and hot in this damn thing.
Talie is already showing signs of discomfort while walking in it.

But the fact we were a pair showing off our family's power through us gave me more pressure than anything else.
Talie at this point is probably still struggling to perform her last session of training.

I had to guide her while we were in front of them, as she swiftly picked it up and make an attempt to imitated it.

Though, the reason we are obediently doing this is simply that...

We don't want to cause any trouble with our parents.
Who are pretty much struggling already as they are...

While Talie and I carried memories of our past.
During the time, we lived with our parents in that shoddy island home.

Our father was respectful enough to leave our oddity in the dark.
Our mother was worried we were hiding things, but she herself did not pry.

At that point, both of us realized that...
They loved us enough, that we can't help but love them in turn.

And thus, both of us decided to find another way to gain our freedom without shaming them in turn.

Our grandfather's, on the other hand, is pretty much another situation we will later deal with...

But that is only after we are finally at the right age to finally bare our fangs against him.

We did come up with plenty of ways already.

  1. Scare our partners enough to make them stop coming after us.
  2. Act the completely opposite of their ideals.
  3. Trick them into cheating for another girl so we have an excuse to break our engagement with them regardless of their will.

or the most reasonable.

  1. Speak with them regarding our intentions and peacefully annul our engagement.

Though it's probably for the best to meet them first and determine their personality or if they are able to catch our interest.

[Though the odds of both of us having an interest in a kid is extremely slim.]

 Showing a smug expression Talie swiftly retorted as she saw it.

『You must be feeling really superior right now...』 she had a twitch on her face with an annoyed expression.

「It's not like that...
I was simply thinking about how we should deal with our fiance's.」

We had already discussed the matter about it...
But she seemed quite peeved at the fact that she couldn't properly imitate me in the end.

It's plainly written on her face,
though if I judged her performance it would be an 8 out of 10.
Simply because she was able to close the gap between us in a short time.

Usually, etiquette training is learned from a young age to adulthood for those of noble lineage.

I suppose given the fact that she was once a skilled thief in her past life that survived a harsh environment.
I'm pretty amazed at how my sister is pretty flexible when she wants something to happen it almost makes me jealous.

『Why are you strangely looking at me like that?』while giving me a wry smile.

Ah, I was intently staring at her.
That was rude of me.

「I just thought how adaptive you can be...
It's almost terrifying what you could become if you tried hard enough.」

『What's that supposed to mean?』

Right now, the eyes of nobles are already away from us.
Some had begun to speak with my family and grandfather while we slipped away and ate food in the table.

Both of us were astonished at the food being served here.
Simply because even food development has grown exponentially.

『Fu-fu-fu... looks like spreading food culture paid off.』Talie said in a boastful tone.

「There's no idiot out there who doesn't want to enjoy delicious food.
Normally by spreading the knowledge of your world,
it's only natural that it would develop like this.」I said.

While we swiftly grabbed plates and food of our own and tasted the dishes.
But our enjoyment soon was cut swiftly as we soon realized that our tiny stomach can only handle so little.

「Ugh, I'm already full...」I gazed at Talie who had the same expression.

As she laments our inability to eat the food, we placed on our placed she then said.
『Tori, you should use that spell...』

「Ugh, you do realize this could backfire at us.」

It was a type of spell that affects metabolism and temporarily strengthens our body.

『Just do it, or else we will miss out on all these dishes.』

I sighed at her words about to use magic.
but then noticed a sharp gaze from the distance.
A crowd of girls who were at the size of least 11-13 years old walked towards us.

Talie gazed at where I was looking at as she flinched at their height.
They were all wearing fluttery dresses of varying colors.

The first to speak was a young girl slightly taller than us.
Her hair shined golden dressed with yellow clothing as she displayed a beautiful color.

"To think, commoners such as yourselves stand in these halls.
How unsightly!"

She said with an overbearing tone.

It was such a pointless farce I simply couldn't help but giggle.
But after glancing at the color of their clothes,
Baster was right regarding the factions of this kingdom.

These girls are likely from an opposing faction trying to stir trouble to shame us.
As Talie was about to speak, I simply placed my hand on her mouth and spoke for her.

「What exactly is so unsightly about commoners?」I asked her, this question.

She smiled with a wide grin on her face.

"Commoners are nothing more than leeches, clinging to US nobles.
They are nothing more than people who have achieved nothing in their lives!

You who stain the blood of your noble family should be ashamed of yourselves for being here!
Leave this place right this instant." she said in a shout with a glare in her eyes.

Her intention was clear to bully us out of this place to show the power of their family.
The crowd gaze turned towards us things were getting hectic,

[Seriously, what an imbecile.] was what I clearly cried out in my thoughts.

A single mistake here will speak ill-fully tarnish the name of our own family.

If we were to show weakness now,
it would be quite troublesome later for our father.

I sighed at how unsightly things are becoming...
Have her parents not taught her anything?

Well, I suppose teaching her a lesson would be fine.

I then said with a sharp gaze and displeased expression...

「Aren't commoners what keeps this country alive?
Don't they pay taxes, work for you, clean your dresses and serve you? 」

She flinches as I said those words.

"That's-"

「By calling them leeches aren't you being quite harsh?
Haven't they done enough for you...

Whose family are successful and deemed you worthy of being served?」

"You-..." as she tried to retort in her frustration.
I gave her no quarter as I calmly assaulted her with my calm voice as it echoed in the hall.

「I'll give you a simple warning!
Don't underestimate those lower than you...

Or else you would be gobbled up by the people you call LEECHES.

Her face turned red with anger as she then shouted as a child would...

"Are you saying commoners are greater than us!" she bit her lips in anger as she said those words.

「Greater or Lesser does that even matter?
Everything has a purpose, no matter how small it is...

Nobles exist because the commoners are there.
If the commoner did not exist the nobles will undoubtedly cease to exist.

From the beginning, even your family of the distant past were once commoners.
So your twisted vision of the commoners is simply, foolish.

Talie let's go...」Talie gave me a wry smile as she gazed at me.
I soon pulled her hand, leaving the food on our table as we made our way.

Away from the gaze of prying eyes.

"Hey wai-" her chaperone swiftly stopped her.
They were aware of how ugly things would get if they let her continue a losing fight.
Even they don't want their own family to be shamed any further...

The crowd clapped their hands as whispers and murmur's spread...

"Whose family is she from?"

"That was amazing."

"Aren't those clothes from the black rose family?"

The servants were gazing at me with astonishment as they saw me defend them.
Everything I said was undoubtedly true...

『Wow, even against a kid.
You didn't even give her a chance to fight back...』

「It was a dumb argument, to begin with...
The intention is to scare both of us out of the party. 」

『Oh my, how wicked.
It would be a great plan if we were normal girls.』

She said with a wide smile.
But it's a fact that we weren't normal, to begin with...
I did feel bad for bullying a child like that but...
She needs to learn that truth if she were to become a ruler.

Like how demi-humans were once regaled as a hated people.
This was a similar situation.

『But still, my guess was right about the nobles weren't I?』

「Don't feel so proud of yourself.
Baster told us what would happen the moment we arrived here.

After all, this was our first-party.
They most likely thought we were going to be easy prey.」

『And they got themselves bitten instead.
It's kind of ironic...

But is this really fine?』She said with a playful smile.

「What do you-」

It was then I realized my mistake.

「Argh, I did it again didn't I?」

Talie deeply sighed as she then said. 『Your quite hopeless aren't you?』

It was at this moment the daughters of the black rose family grew in popularity amongst the crowd.
We were now the center of attention...

But then Baster came to us with an exasperated expression, his sweating brow, and panic state as he said to us.

"You two, We need to get out of here!"

I used to add multiple chapters with different names.
I soon realized how difficult it was to find my chapters o_o...

My grammar will forever be my bane.

 

 

19