「An Unprecedented change.」 [Part 4]
585 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
December is coming and Arknights with it too!
Yipee....
As for where this story is going let's find out =3=...

After the robotic machines left the twins came out with a troubled expression.
Tori then asked. 「What was that thing?」

I replied to her question with a sigh.

"Those are the defense system of the palace that currently rampaging.
Unfortunately, they were set to activate the moment the attack was made to cause havoc in the palace.

It also explains why no one came to help the injured when this whole thing happened."

Talie then retorted.『You still, haven't answered why you know so much about this...』

I could groan as I soon told them the familiar scenery was similar to a game I once played...
Of course, I refused to tell them it was an R18 game and simply said.

"It's like being thrown into a game."

Talie and Tori gave me a strange look but Talie then said.

『You shouldn't look at this world as a game, everything is a living breathing being now.
On the other hand, you can use it as a prophetic guide to this world I guess.』were what she said.

「So tell me, how does that game end?」Tori asked with a puzzled expression.

"Uhhh... there are many endings but I can't really tell anymore.
This part of the story is supposedly how our family falls."

『Well, there's no way we are going to let that happen.』she replied

I gave a bitter smile as I gazed at the prince missing arm, I soon asked.

"Can't you guys do something about his missing limb?" I asked both of them.

Tori remained silent with a troubled expression on her face.
While Talie shrugged,
Its kind of clear to me now that Tori is the only one who can heal.

『Tori can restore limbs if she focused on a single person with Seraphim.
Sadly there were too many injured from the explosion.』

"Hey wait, don't tell me..."

『Yep,

Instead of using her spirit to fully heal the prince.
She decided to ditch him and heal everyone.』

Baster gazed at her a troubled expression and asked.

"Can't her spirit do both of it?" I ask then Tori replied to my question.

「Spirits have limited powers in the material world.
Even if you can call them forth,
it's solely based on their current location and environment.

Seraphim is a Spiritual being of light but the fact it's night right now weakened its power.
And it will also be troublesome if my spirit ended up completely healing everyone.」

"How is it going to be troublesome?" I asked.

Tori replied with an annoyed expression on her face.

「Because it's going to be a huge ass pain.
If he wakes up and starts pushing for a marriage proposal. 」

She pointed at the prince.

「Not to mention multiple families were injured because of us.

Are you telling me to just ignore them and focus just on the prince?」

Added to this Tori teasingly coupled.

『Calling forth a spirit is a unique and rare feat for someone like her.
Truthfully summoning one shouldn't even be possible for a child.

A 9-year-old no less.

I am one-hundred percent, sure that the prince...

No.
Even the King of this country would want someone as young as her.
Will undoubtedly be seen as a powerful asset of this country if they somehow discovered this...』

Talie said with a cheerful expression.

「Stop...

That's enough.」 She shouted in annoyance.

Then said in frustration.

「It's terrible enough that I had to call a spirit for something like this.
The fact that our family is responsible for this still frustrates me, to-no-end.

Also,
Talie if keep mocking me like that...

I swear...

I'll drag you with me,
If I get jinxed by your words!」

Her face darkened showing fierce malice.
Talie flinches and cover's her mouth.

She then turned to baster and asked.

「Baster, if you know which organization is responsible for this.
Would you be a kind, dear and tell me.」with her hand shaking in anger.
Her dragon-like personality was beginning to seethe out from the stress.

Baster then asked with a worried expression.

"What do you intend to do? if I did know?"

「I'll hunt them down like the rat!, They are!」she growled with a fierce expression full of rage.

Talie grabbed her from behind and patted her head.

『Now, now...
Tori.

Calm down...
Your not a dragon anymore.
Even if you rampage like before...

You're just going to just tire yourself out like a normal person.』

After she said those words Tori soften her expression.
Then covered her face in frustration.

「Agh, why is this suddenly happening!
Why can't we just have a normal day without any bullshit like this happening!」

Talie gave her a wry smile as she enters hysteria.

Baster at that point sighed and asked her again to restore his limb as it would look bad for their family. Tori was reluctant but eventually gave in considering the dire situation their family was currently in...

Due to her already summoning a spirit once,
she must rely on her advanced knowledge with magic and restore his limb.

A few short moments.
She successfully restored his limb.

The prince, however, was still in wonderland unaware of what was happening.
As she gazed at him with a sudden urge to slap him again...

Baster didn't fail to notice this as her hand was raised then slumped in fear of waking him.

He then asked Talie.
"Why exactly did Tori keep slapping the prince?"

Talie replies to him with a wide smile.

『She has a terrible history of them wooing her when she was once a queen.
Imagine a 14-year-old queen being constantly harrassed by princes because of her looks.

She somehow found pleasure in slapping them when they keep treating her like a child.』

The group had to rest for a while Tori recovers her strength from healing him.
They intended to move until the door creaks open with two figures.

First a woman wearing a uniform and then one of the guards appeared before them.

Baster face showed a surprised expression, but then...

The woman then said.

"You must be the children of the BlackRose Family.
Unfortunately, for all of you.

You kids are all under arrest."

『HAAH!』All three said in unison.

...

...

...

________________________________________________________________________________

//A chaotic situation... //

Survivor of the prince guard. Pov:

A few minutes after the incident.

Our communication from our devices suddenly went out...
The last words given by our superiors were...

"Get... Prin..ce... O-" before getting cut off.

At that point, we heard a gunshot coming from a nearby floating airship.

Most of the guards were close to the prince as he was introduced.
But during that time most of them activated the PSG(Portable Shield Generator).
As the incident occurred activating it is simply by pulling a string as it completely consumes the energy from the mana beads inside it.

Creating a temporary barrier that protects the user as it moved with both mechanical and magical properties as it continues to power it.

Though, the moment the shell hits the wall and got inside the room.
The explosion was not something to laugh at as most of the victims were burned or pierced by the shrapnels.

As for myself?

Well, I got hit by a fragment of the shell's shrapnel as it struck my stomach.
It pierced the PSG and things just went extremely bad that way.

I was pretty much bleeding as I crawled by the side of the door outside the party hallways.
With my vision blurry from the concussion, a strange light soon enveloped the area as its luminescent light vividly faded away.

I felt my consciousness return from my dying state.

[Healing magic?] I thought.

But since it was healing magic I couldn't waste this chance and pulled out the shrapnel from my wound as quickly as swiftly as I can as I dug my hand into my wound.

Normally this procedure is foolish, but I had a feeling this light is keeping me alive.
And if so...
Then I need to remove this as quickly as possible while this is happening.

"Guh!" I groaned a bit as I removed a piece of the metal chunk with my bare hands.

I soon realized that the glowing light that remained in my body slowly closed the wound.

[Who did this?] I wondered...

As I slowly decided to stand, I then heard voices from inside the room.

[Enemies?]

Pretending to be dead with my weapon ready to be drawn.
I soon overheard their words as a young lad carry the prince on his back.

Two young girls with similar looks with dark green hair and dark clothing with the emblem of the BlackRose Family.

「Jeeze, why do we need to save this stupid prince...」She said in displeasure.(Tori)

[What?] That phrase alone baffled me.

『Just be glad everyone there was mostly injured from that blast.
Thankfully, this guy warnings paid off the moment we felt the presence of death in the air.』(Tallie)

[They knew the attack was coming?] was the question I wanted to ask them but I held back wanting to hear more...

[Are they spy's? but they are just kids.] I paled at the thought of what I was hearing.

The young lad then said with a groan...
"Seriously, The real question is...

what the hell was with that thing you just called out.
I can't believe you guys managed to do something like this...
Even though you two are still so young!"

Two little girls and a young boy walked away from the distance as he slowly recovered from his wounds, his mind froze from shock the moment he said.

[Those two girls can use magic?,
They aren't even older than my daughter!
Are they responsible for this ridiculously fast recovery magic...] was the question that flowed in his mind.

As soon as they were a distance away he soon slowly stood and followed them...

...

...

...

After a few moments, the children went into a room in the palace.

This place is currently the guest's room of the palace.

His communication device suddenly lit up as it then made a sound.

*Kssshh*

"Communication should be back online.
Unfortunately someone jammed us.

This is Code Red!

I repeat this is Code red!

To all personnel still active.

If you find machines walking around the palace,
Avoid engaging them alone!
I repeat do not engage them alone!

These damnable machines that were supposed to be part of the citadel defense system
suddenly went out of control after the attack on the citadel!

They are now rampaging and attacking even one of their own!

If anyone can hear me.
Then listen carefully...

Don't let them find you!
Wait for the Knights to arrive, they will handle the rest!

And if a battle is inevitable, make sure you use the Ark seal on your pockets.

Use 『Volt』Seals to disable these damnable things!

If you find annoying floating things around them.

I advise steering clear of them.

The Knights are currently working their way to clear these robotic pests."

He soon replied to the message.

"Hello, this is PG13."

"PG13!?, how's the prince!" There was a coarse voice of worry and panic as he cried out to him.

"The prince is...
Safe for the moment.

A group of children from the BlackRose family has taken him in the guest's rooms after the incident."

"Oi!? did you just say BlackRose family?"

"Yes."

"Then, I should tell you now...
The airship that fired that shell and destroyed the room along with you lot in there.

Was actually that Family." The moment he heard it his face went pale.

"A-are you sure about this, that can't be possible!?"

"Yes, they were currently apprehended for treason and are now facing charges."

"It got really ugly in the throne room with the king the moment their own ship fired at us."

"..." he soon replied.

"I don't think the BlackRose family is responsible for this..."

"How are you so sure?"

"Their children appears to have healed the prince
who is currently have been severely injured from the blast.

They removed him from the vicinity and moved him in a safe place."

"That's...
truly questionable.
I'll report it to his majesty.
Hopefully, we can find out the culprit on who the damnable bastards that did this..."

"PG13 out."

Now then...
What do I do?

While waiting for any kind of movement he checked his PSG.

I managed to properly shield myself but that shrapnel from that shell still pierced it.
To think our own weapons would be used against us was something I never expected.

Shells made to break tough shields and piercing armaments that blow up the inner workings of an airship.
Effective and efficient but no one probably imagined, it can be used against our own fortress...

Not to mention the rampaging mech's...

He soon pulled out an Ark SealVolt』then opened it up to check inside of it.

There were two stones on it that reveals the yellow glowing jewel on top of it.

In order to compensate those who didn't have talent for using certain seal's.
Certain loopholes were made by utilizing a yellow jewel and a mana-bead inside of it.

"I can only use this for at least three times before running out.
It kind of sucks not having the elemental trait but its better than nothing...

Still, the fact the prince is safe is good news.
Though can't tell what will happen to the BlackRose family at this point..."

After a few minutes...
He was finished checking his tools and armaments,
There was no movement in the room they entered in, however...

Mechanical noises from the hallway can be heard a distance away.
Sounds of gunshots can be heard from the distance.

As silence filled the air returning to the sound of chinking metals.

To his dismay and fear, it was one of the mechanical machines his superior warned him about.

A floating sphere and  Bi-pedal machine...

"Don't let them find you." were the words of warning that what sent out.

But he soon made contact with them.

"Um, this is an emergency from PG13.
A set of mechs are headed right our way."

"PG13!
Can you relocate?"

"Negative, doors are being broken in and scanned by these robots."

"I see..."

...

"I have already sent the knights to move to your location after our last contact.

The ones managing the defense system said.
There are only a few minutes left before the machines that were active becomes disabled.

But time or draw it attention!
Safety of the prince is a priority!"

He flinches as he said those words, giving a deep sigh he then reluctantly agrees.

"Roger..." as he clutched the communication device.
There was a bitter expression on his face.

"Damn it,
who the heck said...
It was a good idea to use these tin-cans into the defense systems!"

He said these words before watching the machine enter their room as he lured it away from the children.

While being shot at by its turrets, his PSG was keeping him alive.

[Thankfully it wasn't armed with shield penetrating rounds.
But, the damage its taking is draining its energy too quickly!]

The shield around him began to crack and regenerates every time.
He finds cover from the robotic machines attacking him.

"Not my best day." he angrily said.

Pulling out a grenade from his waist he pulls the pin and threw it against it.
As it bounced on the floor with a *clang* as sit hit the robot and bounced on top of it.

It exploded right on top of it.

However as he thought it was safe, to peek, he swiftly pulled back as.
he heard the winding sound of its turret before it fired once again.

"You gotta be kidding me!
How tough did they make these things!"

Originally I knew they were made to deal with rebel soldiers in times of the country's turmoil.
But hot damn never thought they were resistant to explosives as well!

As he was pinned down by gunfire as it slowly approaches.

He then saw a woman wearing a silver coat with the emblem of a knight.

"That person is..."

She drew her sword as she moved like the wind striking leg multiple times as it was knocked down.

The sphere was designed to protect against long-ranged attacks and functions as a repair unit.

It did not respond to melee weapons.

As it then tried to repair its broken leg, the woman simply swung her sword towards it and sent it flying out of the window.

She then presented her badge and emblem to the Prince guard.

"First division of the Silver Knight Brigade.
Castel Everheims.

Your group did well to shield the prince from harm.

But where is the prince?" the womanly figure asked.

As he gives a sigh of relief he pointed at the direction as he guided them to her...

16