Chapter 96 – Vows For Eternity ②
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 96 - That's Why, I Want To Make This The Best Memory of Your Life

"Will that be everything?" The waitress asked us.

"Yes, that should be everything." With Aiku's words, both of us nodded as we saw the waitress off.

Early November, Aiku and I were taking our break at a restaurant not too far from the office. After putting in the orders, we both checked the time.

I looked at my watch, and turned to Aiku. "We have plenty of time." (Kei)

Aiku nodded. "Yeah. Man, I feel tired." (Aiku)

"We still have 3 hours after this, so do your best." (Kei)

"...ugh..." (Aiku)

Taking a sip of my coffee, I looked out the window for a second. The streets weren't really crowded at this hour. It was the middle of the day, so those outside were business people moving offices or housewives.

"Say, Aiku..." (Kei)

"Yeah?" (Aiku)

"Do you know a good place where I could buy an engagement ring? I have savings, so it shouldn't matter how expensive it is." (Kei)

"The one in the next city over is a good one, I know the owner so I could introduce you— wait..." As if realizing something, Aiku slowly turned to me with a wide-eyed expression.

"...engagement... ring?" (Aiku)

“Hm? Well, yes. A marriage proposal should be done with an engagement ring, right?" (Kei)

"Wha—?! B-brother-in-law!" Unfitting for his age, Aiku's eyes sparkled as he called me so.

"Stop it." (Kei)

Calming down, Aiku only chuckled as we received our food. "Look's like you've finally decided to tie the knot. I'm glad." (Aiku)

"I've been planning this for a while now. I just wanted to investigate a while before I did so." (Kei)

"Well, a marriage proposal isn't something you can half-a**." He said. "About the jewelry store..." (Kei)

"Right. The owner's name is Yumi, Yumi Izumi. She has three stores. The main one's in the next city, she has two others in the two cities adjacent to that one." (Aiku)

"Meaning there's one here?" I asked.

"Yes, but I would recommend going to the main one. If you have a good relationship with her, she could help you look for one that suits your partner." (Aiku)

"I see." Certainly, even if clerks were experienced in guiding the customers to one that would suit, having advice from the mastermind behind the business will be extremely beneficial.

"Then, could you?" (Kei)

"But of course! It's for my sister's happiness, after all." He laughed.

We proceeded to eat quickly so we could leave for the office. That night, Aiku sent me a phone number.

The next day, I walked under the afternoon sun towards my parents house. The route I took was extremely familiar, which would of course be the case given that a good seventy percent of it was the route I took to school.

I walked for about ten minutes when I reached a familiar household. One that now only housed two people.

I rang the doorbell and hearing a 'Coming!', I couldn't help but smile. Seconds later, the door opened and my mother Kaho Ichinose stood with a surprised face.

"Ara? Kei? What's with the sudden visit? You should've called." (Kaho)

My mother, despite the years, still looks like a woman in her early thirties, a reality that was also applied to my father.

Well, they do take care of themselves.

"It's been a while, mom. Sorry to come unannounced." I smiled. "Is dad here too?" (Kei)

"Oh? Yes, he came back from work not too long ago. Come on in, I'll call him now." (Kaho)

"Please do. Sorry for bothering." I said as I entered.

I sat in the familiar living room, going through the memories of both my childhood and time before moving out.

We really were a ruckus back then... I thought, chuckling to myself.

"It's been a while, son. What's with the sudden visit? You should've called." (Touya)

Like husband, like wife…

I stood up and greeted my father with a handshake. "Sorry, I just thought I could come by to check up on you." (Kei)

"You say that, but scratching the back of your neck is still a habit it seems." My father said as he pointed at my left hand.

"...oops..." (Kei)

"Fufu, you haven't changed, Kei." My mother giggled.

"You caught me... Actually... there's an important matter I wanted to discuss with you two today." I said with a smile.

I told everything to my parents, from how I planned on proposing to Arisa to how I already scheduled a date to go and look for a ring.

What followed was a long period of silence. Until my mother spoke.

"Honey, it's time..." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I know, it really came, huh?" (Touya)

Both of them seemed really happy, which brought a smile to my face. Seeing them happy about welcoming someone into the family really reminded me about how great parents these two are.

It's because of them that I grew into an outstanding person. They lifted me up when I was down, they stuck with me in thick and thin... I couldn't ask for better parents.

"Kei, the path of marriage is rough. We've been there before. You two may fight for small things, but at the end of the day I want you to remember, you'll be okay as long as you trust in that foundation you've built." (Touya)

"Communicate openly and prioritize understanding each other's perspectives. A successful marriage requires ongoing effort from both partners." Added my mother.

I got up from my seat and went in front of them, I bent and hugged the two of them as I whispered both my words of gratitude.

"Thank you mother, father. Thank you for watching over us, I don't care what anyone says, I'm proud I was born your son." (Kei)

""...!"" (Kaho & Touya)

Both seemed taken aback, but it didn't take them much to return the hug.

"I'll come again when everything's over. I'll come with Arisa... and when that other day comes, I'll be sure to save you the front seats." I swore as I pulled myself away from the two.

They softly looked at me, and with smiles on their faces, ""We'll be looking forward to it."" (Kaho & Touya)

"And that's the gist of it." (Kei)

""The hell do you mean by that?!"" My sisters said in unison.

The following day, I invited my sisters to lunch. Of course, the reason was to tell them about my plans.

"You can't just say 'I'll propose to Arisa!' like it's nothing! We're talking about my brother and best friend getting married here!" (Karane)

"I-I agree with Karane! It isn't something you should say lightly, Kei." (Kotone)

"Haha... sorry, I've been going through with some preparations, so I've lost the emotion I had..." (Kei)

"I-is that so?" (Kotone)

"Unn, but I assure you. I'm not taking this lightly. This is something very important for both of us. I have to put my all into making Arisa happy." (Kei)

"S-so cool!" Karane's face lit up.

"Then, what are your plans right now? You said you're plannimg for December, right?" (Kotone)

"Come on, sis. I think it's obvious. If you want to enter the safe, then you need to take on the guardian first, am I right?" I didn't mean to sound cocky, but I'm pretty sure I sounded like that.

Before proposing, I should ask for her hand in marriage, no? Even if I have to fight Mr. Itsuki for it.

That's how it usually is... right?


(A/N)

We're close!

Coming Next: Chapter 97 - Vows For Eternity ③

3