CH.4: Stuck in Nowhere
388 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since the whole recruitment exam was done, I came back to the Sect, with my newly found Disciples. On the way back I asked all three of them a few questions and talked to them, we were already at the Sect, and I was just walking towards my own mountain peak and hoping to get to know my disciples. 

"You all might know about each other but why don't you introduce yourself once again for each other to know," I asked them.

Song Cui, who was my first disciple, started.

"Hi, I'm Song Cui of Song Clan, I'm from the Northern Continent." A short and simple introduction. 

"Why do you wish to cultivate?" I asked her. 

"I wish to cultivate for security." She answered. She doesn't seem like a talkative person I suppose.

I looked at Hu Bi, giving her the signal to introduce herself.

"Hello, I'm Hu Bi of the Fox-kin race, I was born into slavery but because the owner of my parents was a good person, he released me from slavery immediately after I was born. I still worked at his house for years and he treated me like his daughter, thus never really minding when I Cultivated. With the knowledge passed down to my parents and my own comprehension I was able to reach Core Formation Rank. I hope Senior Sister and Junior Sister will not mind my race and think of me as just another Sister." Hu Bi said. Little more in the line of introduction. After all, a Sect was like family, more so about the same peak. We'll have each other's backs and stuff. Well at least I hoped so, if I really can take lots of Scions as disciples, I'll have a really good army, whenever I need it.

"And why do you want to Cultivate?" I asked her as well.

"To reach the Heaven Realm, my mother used to tell me that in the Upper Realm, no one cares about Race and everyone is treated the same."

"Good, do you know much about the Upper Realm?" I asked.

"Yes, my mother will tell me lots of stories about the Upper Realm, which she heard from her mother. Only very powerful Cultivators can Reach the Upper Realm." Well, even I don't know much about other Realms. I at least knew this was one of the Lower Realms. 

"Hi, I'm Quan Ai and thank you for accepting me, Master. I don't have much to talk about, I hope to catch up to both Senior Sisters in Cultivation soon and not lag behind, that's why I want to Cultivate. I don't have any other wish as to why I want to cultivate."

Quan Ai seemed as if she didn't fit in here, of course, that was true too since both Song Cui and Hu Bi were in Core Formation Rank while Quan Ai was just a Qi Refiner. 

We reached our destination while talking, I also asked them about their Cultivation Techniques and such, while it was not necessary since many clans had secret Cultivation Techniques, but most masters will give their Disciples, a new Cultivation Technique, suitable for them.

All of them explained about it. I already knew that Song Cui would not need a Cultivation Technique because she already has one of Heaven Grade. But for the other two, I definitely want to change. 

"Well, there are houses built here for the Disciples already, choose the ones that you like and settle down. We'll go look at Scripture Hall tomorrow and see if we can get you something good." I said and went back to my house. 

I should also think about what I should give Quan Ai as a welcome gift. I had gotten the Glazing Sword when I accepted Song Cui and the Blazing Frost Sword when I accepted Hu Bi but no artefact was given when I accepted Quan Ai. I did get 200 System Coins and a Nascent Soul+1 token but no artefact, so I have nothing for her.

Well, she can't use an artefact anyway since she's only at Qi Refining rank but still, I do have to give her a gift.

I looked at my System Coins, 4080 Coins. I also have 3 Nascent Soul+1 Tokens, which I think will increase my minor Rank at Nascent Soul by one. 

Maybe I should try it? Nah. I'll do it tomorrow, I'll try to cultivate now. 

I woke up in the morning and found my Three Disciples. Quan Ai was completely different looking, she was wearing Cloudy Dragon Peak's uniform and had her hair tied up, and her face was now clean and beautiful. Song Cui had also changed into the uniform but her Cold beauty didn't change much. Hu Bi on the other hand looked a little bit more mature now, since yesterday, she was wearing baggy clothes that were too large for her but now she looked completely fit, except being a little short, she looked just like these heavenly beauties. 

"Disciple Greets Master.""" They said together when they saw me. 

"Let's go," I said and started walking. The Sect was quite large and had many branches and stuff. There were Alchemy and Smithy Halls, Training Hall and Demon-Fighting Pagoda. Discipline Hall and Demon Vanquishing Hall and in the end, very close to the outer Sect was the Scripture Hall. It was a large building with 6 floors. 

The First Floor was for Outer Sect Disciples and was filled with Low-level Cultivation Techniques and some skills. We skipped that one. The next Two Floors were for the Inner Sect Disciple and was the largest collection of scriptures. A large amount of Cultivation Techniques and Skills were filled in here. 

The 4th floor was where we were going, I let them wander around this floor. 

"Choose anything you want, if you've any questions, you may ask the elder at the desk. I'll go to the upper floors for some time." I said and climbed up. 

This was Elder only floor or sometimes if you do something really great, an Inner or Core Disciple can come here with Sect Master's permission. I didn't stop and climbed up. 

There was a different kind of door here, it was made of ancient runes. This was the 6th floor. No one other than Sect Master was allowed here. 

I had just come up here out of curiosity. Because I didn't want my disciples to ask me Questions, after all, I might not be able to answer them, I don't even know much about these scriptures in the first place.

I touched the runes, trying to see how they worked. But suddenly I was sucked in. It was as if I was out in space. I could see galaxies and stars and everything around me. 

The gate had transferred me to this unknown place. Did I die or something? 

There isn't even a gate leading back. After about an hour of boredom, I simply sat down and started observing everything. The sky was changing slowly but surely. But I got bored of it so I started Cultivating. After about 3 hours, I got so bored that I took out a Notebook from my Storage Ring and started to write poems. But I got bored of writing poems after 15 minutes so I started to count the stars in the sky, but I got bored of that too after 5 minutes of counting. If I stayed here any longer, I might comprehend the Law of Boredom.

P.O.V. THIRD PERSON

The day before Li Xuan got stuck on the 6th floor of Scripture Hall, Elder Xia Nuan was waiting for an audience with her sister. 

Xia Jin, the Sect Master of the Misty Mountains Sect had gone into Seclusion about 30 years ago and Xia Nuan being the first Elder was handling most of the things in the Sect. But of course, being the Sect Master Xia Jin had known that there will be times when she's needed and thus has left Spiritual Puppet with a bit of Consciousness inside it. 

Xia Nuan had asked the puppet, which was like a very drunken version of her sister, to wake her sister up. 

Xia Nuan and Xia Jin were both from a different realm, it was an upper Realm called Anas Mystic Realm, they came here due to a war in the Anas Mystic Realm. The Xia family had all died and they could not do anything. They were only at Void Sky Rank. Well, Xia Nuan is still at Void Sky Rank even after a thousand years have passed. But in the Anas Mystic Realm, Void Sky Rank was not considered powerful. In Anas Mystic Realm, you could pick up a random villager and see their Cultivation at Nascent Soul rank. It was an upper Realm after all.

After coming here Xia Nuan and Xia Jin had not struggled at all and even found a secret island where they met a hidden expert. This hidden expert was the one who was impressed by Xia Jin and had given her some pointers. Later Xia Jin became a Solar Creator rank and they both created the Sect. In these thousand years, Xia Nuan had reached the Peak of Void Sky Rank while Xia Jin had entered Nature's Visp rank. 

The hidden expert being Li Xuan's mother. Both sisters were grateful towards the Hidden Expert. But today Xia Naun had found out from the son of that Hidden Expert that her fate was still connected to the Mystic Titans. In the Xia family, the Mystic Titan bloodline has been long-running in their veins. At that time, the Xia family would value anyone who had their Mystic Titan Bloodline Awakened even the Patriarch position depends on it. 

But it turns out that, the chapter that they thought was closed isn't really closed and they might still have some fate with them. It was a piece of news that might change their lives, thus Xia Naun had chosen to wake her sister up.

While similarly, another person was also waiting for an audience. Second Elder Wang has been in Seclusion for a few months and has yet not found out about Li Xuan destroying a Clan under him. Elder Pan, one of the elders in the Wang Faction was currently waiting for Elder Wang to come out of Seclusion. 

"What's so urgent that you had to wake me up, Elder Pan." His voice came as his figure came out. Elder Wang was an old man with one foot in the grave, at least that's what it looked like. But anyone who knew him would know not to underestimate him. Everyone in the Wang Faction respected him greatly, they all thought that he should be the next Sect Master. After all, he was already at the peak of Solar Creator rank. He had many achievements such as killing the Demon Lord Vakas in Kaza Plains and single-handedly fighting against the Devouring Qi Sect, which was a large Demonic Sect. 

"Elder Wang, that brat Li Xuan went to the Greenson Family and destroyed them completely. He has also taken in Disciples today. He is definitely planning something, we need your guidance." Elder Pan replied. 

Elder Pan was a young man in his 600s, a genius in Earth King rank and someone who the Wang Faction really supported. After all, reaching Earth King rank before a thousand years old was extremely hard. The reason Elder Pan was so worried was that while the Greenson Family was under Elder Wang, that was only in name, it was actually Elder Pan that handled them and got most of the benefits. 

The Greenson family would produce herbs and send them to Elder Pan and then he would use these to make Pills for free using the Alchemy Hall. Alchemy Hall Elder was after all under the Wang Faction and using a few thousand Outer Sect Disciples to make a factory wasn't hard. The Greenson family was also very weak so there was no way that they would rebel.

But would he wake up Elder Wang just for that? Of course not, even Elder Wang knew that Elder Pan was hiding something. After a glare from Elder Wang, he started talking.

"Elder, actually the Greenson Family had contacted me when that brat went there. Since he's just a Nascent Soul and was alone. I told them to finish him off. After all, our faction needs him dead anyway, if we can do it via a small family. No one will know about it and at worst the Greenson Family would be destroyed."

"You idiot, did you think that he would have no one protecting him? There's always a mysterious Earth King protecting him. Not only that, he has more than a few protection talismans and emergency contact Talismans. You think it's so easy to kill him? If it was, have we not done it already?" Elder Wang was furious. 

Yes, he wanted to be the Sect Master, but that was when the current sect master will ascend to an Upper Realm. After all, Immortals can't live in the Lower Realms, well they can but if they do, they can't Cultivate and most importantly, they have to spend quite a bit of power to remain here. 

Elder Wang knew that Sect Master Li was a Half-Step Immortal, he had seen him perform things that seem impossible otherwise. And Sect Master being so young was proof that it would not take him much time to ascend, at most a couple of thousand years. 

But what if Sect Master found out that he tried to assassinate his son, Elder Wang was sweating buckets. He wasn't even sure he could run away if it came to it, let alone fight. 

Dozens of kilometres below the Sect, the Same Sect Master was using ancient ruins to study a tear in space. This room has been surrounded by a powerful formation, the Formation was not only containing the tear but also the experiments being done on it. 

Every few hours, a visp of Qi would leak from the tear, it was to be separated and kept in a secure location. If one were to accidentally absorb this Qi, it would be extremely dangerous. Anyone below Immortal Rank would die, while even people above Immortal Rank would lose their bodies or worse lose a large chunk of their Cultivation. 

It took him a few more hours to come out of his concentration and accept the Spirit Sense trying to contact him. 

"My Lord, Young Master Li Xuan has entered the Wise Void through the 6th Floor of Scripture Hall, we would need you to take action, so we can get him out." He heard from Li Min, the Guard he had placed for Li Xuan. 

"Did he try to contact anyone using the Emergency Communication Talisman?" Li Zhen asked. 

"No, Young Master hasn't used anything." Li Min replied. 

"Then just let him be there, he can Cultivate there as well and he'll also learn the lesson to not enter a different Realm without knowledge." 

"But my Lord, Young Master had just taken in three Disciples, what should we do about them?" Li Min asked.

"Ohh, Has Little Xuan taken in Disciples? Tell me about it." Li Zhen said with excitement. After all, he was very disappointed in his son, he would just Cultivate non-stop. Li Zhen had asked him so many times to do something else but this Brat would never listen. 

After hearing about the Disciples, he was even more excited. His son was finally showing some interest in women. He had tried to convince his son so many times to take in a few concubines but that brat would only say that "My love is Cultivation and just like my Father I'll only have one love in my life." 

But how can Li Zhen tell this brat that if he could, he would also have had a few hundred concubines, alas his wife was very strict. She would beat him red if he even tried to flirt with someone let alone sleep with them. Was he loyal to his wife because he loved her? No of course he loved her very much, but he was loyal only because she was very frightening. 

Thus he would always encourage his son to have fun, at least knowing that what he could not get, his son did get he'll be happy. 

"Protect the three of them, however, don't interfere unless it's a life and death situation. We don't know why Li Xuan had taken these in and how he wants to nurture them. So let's not interfere much."

The three Disciples were informed that their master had a sudden emergency and had gone out due to it.

Song Cui had read most of the Cultivation Techniques but according to Immortal Shishira, everything here was trash. There were a few skills she liked but since Immortal Shishira had said that they were not worth it, she didn't choose any. 

Hu Bi didn't find anything suitable for her either, she didn't have much knowledge in terms of scriptures in the first place so it didn't matter. Song Cui, being the Senior Sister, did try to help Quan Ai but not Hu Bi because Hu Bi was actually a senior in terms of cultivation. Hu Bi on the other hand confirmed that Song Cui didn't like her due to her being a Fox-kin. 

Quan Ai was at least friendly, so Hu Bi was happy about it, both Hu Bi and Quan Ai actually became friends quite easily despite the large gap in their Realms.

After coming back to their houses for the day, all three of them started Cultivating. Quan Ai, who was constantly working as a servant for her stepmother, was very grateful for her free time. 

Hu Bi on the other hand was enjoying the dense Qi on the Cloudy Dragon Peak. While Song Cui was Cultivating her Sword. The new sword she had gotten from her Master was definitely something. 

"While the Sword is only at Middle Earth rank, the quality seems very rich. This Li family is definitely not ordinary. First, he took out a Sky Rank Artefact yesterday just to test the Cultivation. But he also gave two of his Disciples such fine swords. Just look at the details on that sword, it's made by at least a Sage level Blacksmith."  Immortal Shishira was going on in Song Cui's mind.

"Don't you think it's weird that he suggested checking everyone's Cultivation and had such a powerful artefact to do so with him?" Song Cui asked. 

She was suspecting that Li Xuan somehow knew about Yang Zan's true Cultivation Rank and wanted to expose him. 

While Immortal Shishira thought that the Li family was very mysterious and was interested in it, Song Cui thought Li Xuan himself was very mysterious, seeing through Yang Zan's Cultivation and climbing more than 6,000 steps where even powerful Cultivators can't even cross 5,000, such feats were spinning around her mind telling her, that he was definitely something.

Thus dancing around with her Glazing Sword, Song Cui Cultivated her sword arts. While they didn't know it, a mysterious Expert was watching the three of them. Li Min's daughter Li Wei has been assigned to keep an eye on them from the dark. 

Li Wei had been in this Realm for a few decades but this was the first time she had been assigned a task. She was thus quite excited about it. Looking at them, she was trying to find out more about them as well. What was it that Young Master saw in these three, If it was just talent, the first two fit but Quan Ai didn't fit? If it was beauty then there were many other beautiful girls in the exams. 

After a couple of weeks, they got together to visit the Sect, at first they were waiting for their Master. However, Li Xuan being trapped in the Wise Void Realm had yet not come out so after this much time, they simply thought to explore the Sect together.

"First Senior Sister, why don't we first visit the Resources Hall and take our monthly resources? I've heard that Core Disciples of such a Powerful sect get a lot of resources." Quan Ai asked. They had first decided to go to the market, but knowing that without any Spirit Stones, it would be just for show, Quan Ai had asked.

Song Cui, being from a powerful Clan did have a lot of Spirit Stones and even Hu Bi had a decent amount since a Core Formation ranked Cultivator wasn't a low-level Cultivator and she could earn Spirit Stones easily by completing Jobs at Adventurer Guild or Explorers Guild. But Quan Ai didn't have anything, completely empty pockets. 

As they moved through the Sect, which was extremely large, they reached the central area. It was kind of a city in the middle. A couple of hundred kilometres of the area where there were markets, houses, and public classes were held and held in a lot of different buildings like Resources Hall, Talismans Hall, Music Hall, Common Eating area and such. It was as usual filled with Inner Sect Disciples as they lived here.

You could also see Outer Sect Disciples who were working or doing other jobs, while Core Disciples were the rare ones, as such when three Core Disciples entered any area, people would move aside and give them the way. As the Disciples of the Sect, they immediately recognised that these three were the three new Disciples of Elder Li from their Cloudy Dragon Peak uniform. 

Most of the disciples knew Li Xuan as the Saint, as he had just become an elder some time ago. Many had admired him as a Saint, his Arrogant manner and his ruthless attitude towards his enemies impressed all the boys, while girls would fell for his looks and his mysterious demeanour. And watching these three, everyone was jealous. If only they could have been chosen as disciples. 

Soon they reached the resources hall which was just close to the city gate.

"What do you want?" An elder asked, he was sitting at the counter arrogantly. 

"We are here to collect our monthly resources." Song Cui replied with a cold tint in her voice. 

The elder didn't care about her, so what if she was a disciple of that brat Li Xuan? Everyone in the sect believed that he had just taken these three to be his cauldrons, why else would a young man take three female Disciples suddenly, out of them two at just a major rank below him? 

"Give me your tokens." He scoffed at them. A Qi Refiner kid and an animal was this the taste of that brat. He didn't even have enough class to at least save the face of the sect. The elder thought. 

"We haven't been given our tokens yet because our master had some urgent work." Quan Ai who was in the front replied. She was the only one eager to get resources so she had come forward. 

"You don't even have your tokens, do you take this as a charity hall? That you've come to beg here." He said as he released his Nascent Soul Aura. 

"But we are indeed the Disciples of the Cloudy Dragon Peak, you can check in records. How can you decline us of our resources?" Song Cui replied without any changes in her expression. 

Elder of the resources Hall was furious, what did this girl think of him, she doesn't even give him a face and reply like that. A mere cauldron of that Brat, so what if Li Xuan has his father as a backing, he also has his father as a backing? He was the son of Elder Chu of the Discipline Hall Elder. His father was a renowned Cultivator in the Solar Creator rank. And these mere sex toys were not giving him face, he immediately slapped the Qi Refining Ranked girl.  

21