Chapter 45
176 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ting!*

“Congratulations! Your Gastly has evolved to a Haunter”

Species: Haunter

Soul Bound: Leon Flyheight

Name: Jin

Age: 1+ year

Sex: Male

Ability: Levitate

Talent: Shadow Monarch – ability to control all shadows, can warp via shadows

Tendencies: Playful, likes delicious food, family oriented

Potential: S rank (mid)

Level: 76 (B rank low)

Skills: -Click to Expand-

 

Leon and Jin’s siblings, Toshi and Fae, had congratulated him for his successful evolution. They joyfully did a group hug.

“When it’s your turn to evolve, you won’t be able to sit on my head or shoulders anymore,” Leon said to Fae while they were having the group hug. Little did Leon know that his harmless statement would ignite a flame deep within Fae.

Leon then started to read the system notifications.

 Shadow Dimension has been upgraded.

Host has gained Shadow Affinity.

New*

Shadow Dimension - an unknown dimension with an unknown set of rules

 Features:

- Item Box – Items stored inside are now preserved and will retain the same condition it had when it first entered until it is taken out. Size increased to 5kmX5km from the previous 1kmX1km.

- Pokemon Habitats – Pokemon can be stored inside, time inside and outside are the same. Whenever a pokemon enters the Shadow Dimension, a separate perfect habitat for that pokemon will be created by using the Shadow Dimension’s energy, System’s energy and materials with the same type as the pokemon. Host must provide materials for the modification. The habitat accelerates the pokemon’s growth and healing by 1.5x. Entrances to the habitats are linked to the Host’s shadow and can also be linked to any owned pokeball to avoid any suspicion.

 Shadow Affinity – greatly increases resistance to dark, ghost and poison element.

 Update log end.

 “Before, when Toshi advanced to B stage, Pokemon Appraisal had an upgrade. Now that Jin had evolved and advanced to B stage, Shadow Dimension had its own upgrade and I was able to gain Shadow Affinity. But when I gave Fae her name, nothing happened except for the other abilities being strengthened,” Leon had thought. He speculated that whatever new application or ability he obtains would depend on the pokemon’s talents, the pokemon itself, or both. Leon shrugged and decided to experiment on it at a later time.

Leon tried to create a habitat for Toshi in the Shadow Dimension but it asked for S rank normal-type materials which he didn’t have. Next, he tried to create one for Jin since there were some leftover ghost-type and poison-type materials but was unsuccessful.

The system explained that there’s no need to create a habitat for Jin and that the whole Shadow Dimension is a perfect habitat for him, thanks to the Shadow Monarch talent. This made Leon think that his previous speculation was indeed correct.

He made a decision to return to the black market at a later date to buy the necessary materials to create a habitat for Toshi and Fae. After Jin’s evolution, they headed towards Pewter City and decided to make Mt. Moon their next training area.

A couple of weeks later, Leon went back to Viridian City and headed straight to the black market to attend the auction and to sell some pokemon he caught. He was able to catch a total of eight A rank potential pokemon and two S rank potential pokemon, namely, an Onix and a Geodude. Unfortunately, they did not have any talent and had decided not to include them in his team.

The elderly woman was shocked that “Jester” was willing to sell these S rank potential pokemon because most people would keep them. She was again reminded to not make an enemy out of whatever organization “Jester” was in.

“Do have any information on what pokemon or materials would be sold in today’s auction?” the “Jester” asked.

The elderly woman was hesitating but discreetly handed the “Jester” a list and said, “We are not allowed to disclose any information related to the auction but we have known each other for a long time now and you are our valued customer.” She smiled and added, “I hope you can keep me as your exclusive broker since our higher ups are still deciding whether to promote me or not. But because of these two S rank potential pokemon, they just might.”

Leon just nodded and smiled behind his mask. He thought that this was also a good investment and having a backer in the black market would mean that he would have access to more resources.

She then grabbed her face and tore off a mask that hid her original appearance. She was actually a young and beautiful woman with fair skin. She had black hair and black eyes that looked like two blackholes that would devour you if you stared too much.

“The name’s Saniel,” she offered her hand for a handshake. Leon reciprocated and shook hands with her. He was contemplating whether he would take of his mask or keep his identity hidden. Saniel saw through this and said “Don’t worry, you can tell me your real name when you trust me more. Let’s exchange contact numbers instead,” she winked.

Calm Mind activated.

Good think my mind is that of an old sage or else I would have fallen head over heels for her. This damn adolescent body reacted and almost made me do something horribly embarrassing. Thank you Calm Mind for stopping me, Leon sighed in relief.

“Y-Yes. Maybe when no one else is around, I could show you,” Leon stutteringly said then quickly added, “S-Show you my face, I mean.” Toshi and Jin were covering their face metaphorically from the second hand embarrassment. She giggled and led Leon towards the auction venue.

8