Chapter 48
168 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school break has come to an end and it was time for Leon to start his second year. 

Leon grew a bit during the break, his stats were the same but a lot of his and his pokemon's resistances have increased. Furthermore, he has now been able to add a little bit of shadow and fire properties to his aura. He was also able to create habitats for his pokemon inside the Shadow Dimension which greatly aided their growth. Fae was nearing evolution and would probably trigger when she reaches the B rank stage. 

Species: Ditto

Name: Toshi

Potential: B rank (peak)

Level: 78 (B rank low stage)

 

Species: Haunter

Name: Jin

Potential: S rank (mid)

Level: 77 (B rank low stage)

 

Species: Togepi

Name: Fae

Potential: S rank (peak)

Level: 75 (C rank peak stage)

 

Species: Charcadet

Name: Iroh

Potential: A rank (peak)

Level: 75 (C rank peak stage)

 

Back at the dorm*

“How was your break guys? Here I got you some souvenirs from Johto,” Woody asked as he gave Leon a Raikou keychain and Mark got one that looked like Entei. One time after an intense training session they were lazing around and they talked about which Legendary Trio from Johto would be the strongest hypothetically they all had different takes so Woody knew which keychain to give them.

“Sorry guys I was too busy helping my dad with his work that I wasn’t able to bring any worthy souvenirs,” Mark said as he scratched his head and apologized.

“No worries dude, just treat us when we visit you in Sinnoh,” Woody replied while he did a two-thumbs-up pose.

“Ermm,” Leon was about to say something. Mark smiled and cut him off, “Don’t worry Leon, Woody and I both know that you almost always train when you are free. So just help us train like before, okay?” Both Woody and Mark gestured a fist bump.

Leon embarrassingly said “Now that I can do,” while he gave them back a fist-bump. The three laughed and they headed straight to class. Leon was never the thoughtful type, both Mark and Woody knew so they expected it.

They were once again greeted by Teacher Alexa, “Good morning class, we meet again. This time we technically don’t have classes anymore, you guys are now officially considered as Rookie Class Rank trainers. All you have to do this school year is to finish missions. You will all be required to complete a certain amount of missions by the end of the school year, the more missions you accomplish the higher your rankings will be by the end.”

The class started to murmur, some were already discussing what kind of missions they wanted to do with their team while some were thinking of lazing around and finishing the missions at the last minute.

“This is also part of being a Pokemon Trainer, you must be responsible enough to do your duties, it’s not always rainbows and butterflies. If any of you fail to do the required amount of missions you guys will be stuck at the Rookie Class Rank for a long time and your failures will be written in your permanent records.” Alexa added. The class started to take the missions seriously and they slowly quieted down.

“Your team will be required to do at least two C-rank missions, three D-rank missions, four E-rank missions, and four F-rank missions in total. Learn all the important mission processes starting from getting the mission from the Pokemon Association to, preparing for the mission and submitting the report after the mission. This is to prepare you for your third year, where you guys will be required to go solo,” Alexa informed. “Again the more missions you do the higher your rankings will be, okay?” She added.

Alexa showed them where they could accept the missions and the Missions Help Desk’s location in the academy. She also told them that they could also take missions from all the Kanto Region-affiliated Pokemon City Gyms. “If you have any further questions just approach me at the faculty and I’ll see what I can do,” She later dismissed them and bid the class good luck.

At the Missions Help Desk Leon and the team were browsing all the missions available. Most F-rank and E-rank missions were random and pose no danger at all, from helping an old lady finds her lost Meowth to help the pokemon shelter where abandoned, injured and sickly pokemon are being taken care of.

D-rank missions were where the difficulty starts to increase. Some D-rank missions included setting out in the wild but were within the Kanto Region thus not being too dangerous.

When a pokemon nest becomes overpopulated the leader of that nest will banish a sizable number of unruly pokemon to preserve their community. The banished pokemon would start to become aggressive, they would destroy anything in their path and eventually attack the nearby settlements, we call these phenomena “Pokemon Horde.” 

The pokemon gym responsible for that area will be tasked to defend the region. D-rank missions were mostly assigned in the logistics department where they help transport goods so it was relatively safe. While C-rank missions were where Pokemon Trainers were assigned to participate in the battles at the sidelines and be tasked to defend the area together with their pokemon. 

The team decided to do all the required missions with haste. After a short break, they would aim to get as many missions done as possible before the end of the school year and possibly even do a B-rank mission. Finishing a B-rank mission at least once would further solidify their lead as the rank one team in their batch.

 

8