INTERLUDE 18: PLAYER OR NPC?
3.2k 8 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Kuroha was getting his rock off and taking the virginity of another beautiful but "slightly" crazy girl, an important discussion was taking place... 

Somewhere in the middle of the town in a high-class restaurant, two people were eating slowly. 

One of them was a man with green hair, while the other was a seemingly young girl with golden hair. 

As many should have understood, those two were the two of the four greatest adults' influence on Kuroha. 

Sir Nighteye and Milienia. 

The other two who could influence Kuroha were All Might and Rei. Rei was absent for obvious reasons and right now All Might didn't even have enough time to sleep, much less participate in such a feast. 

One particularity was the silence. The whole restaurant was empty. It wasn't because it wasn't popular but simply because this restaurant belonged to him in the first place and he had reserved all the first floor. 

He wasn't interested in buying land and building in the past. After all, after his death, no one was there to inherit it. But since he got a son, and might officially get another one soon. He decided that there's no way he was going to let the taxes fuck them. 

---

Milienia posed her fork before taking a sip of the wine before slowly tasting it. Then, after putting it back, 

"I refuse."

She simply said this and didn't continue. Nighteye wasn't surprised. He was on the verge of begging when Milienia stopped him. She put her elbow on the table and leaned while supporting her head with her hand. While doing so she used her finger to twirl around the glass of wine now empty 

"Listen well, boya, remember that I am not under your order. Do not misunderstand me. The only reason I left Rome and came to Japan was that playing the hero there was becoming boring. Your proposition was simply a new way to have some enjoyment. After all, I always wanted to train a user of One For All, but they all died too soon. By the time I found All Might he was already fully formed. No way I would have passed the occasion you sent to my doorstep. But that's all."

"But…"

"No but… I will only ever move for one reason. Whether it's interesting or not. An uprising of a villain is sadly really boring once you have seen it for more than ten times."

"You…" 

"What me? Look. I like you quite a bit. Thanks to you, I finally managed to find something that I thought I would never find. But, even though I like you. That's all. I already stopped playing the Hero. I have no interest in doing so again."

"Do you see this world...as nothing more than a game?"

Nighteye hand clenched in silence. Milienia observed but simply smiled, 

"Do you want the truth?" 

Nighteye hesitated before nodding, 

"Life in my eyes is really a shitty game. A game that can't be beaten. But still a game. For me. There's no difference between most people in this world and NPC. Do you care about NPC when you play a game? You guys, on the other hand, are just SSR rank NPC. The kind of NPC you care for and never want to suffer. But in the end. SSR class NPCs are still NPCs. Even if you guys died. At most, I would be sad for a while before going to find another SSR class."

Nighteye was stunned as he watched this woman say such a cold and merciless words in such a calm way. A morbid curiosity momentarily swept away his outrage. 

"In this world of yours. Are you the sole player?"

Milienia had a faraway look as she answered, 

"I searched and searched and searched. Many times I had thought that I had found another player. But all of them were never able to log in. In the end, they became nothing more than Ex class NPC. Powerful NPC. But no matter how powerful they are. NPC will always stay as an NPC...But,"

At this moment the melancholy in her eyes faded and was replaced by stars. 

"Right now I have finally found another potential player. Ufufu~! And that's thanks to you!" 

Nighteye hand nearly went to the knife on the table. A shiver went through his back and his breath became hurried.

It was a totally unconscious reaction. It was just, that seeing those eyes swirling with madness scared the shit out of him. Milienia saw her reaction and immediately calmed down and showed a bashful smile, 

"Tehe~Sorry, seem like I didn't control myself. Anyways, I refuse to become an official hero of Japan and even less deal with Shigaraki. That boy is one of those Ex class NPC and it would really be a pity if I was the one to snuff him out.  As for that Shigaraki Tomura? Hum, I am not really interested. Kuroha will be the one to deal with him."

Nighteye didn't find it weird that she treated the dreaded All For One as if he was nothing more than a kid. In her eyes, maybe all the hidden rulers were just kids. He couldn't help but let out a bitter smile. Just what kind of quirk one need to be born with to become such a monster.

Finally, he decided that no amount of pleading would ever change anything. So he began to talk about his true reason to have this dinner,

"Milienia…*Cough* *Cough*...How is Kuroha?"

"Oh!? Ohhh!!!! Are you embarrassed? You are embarrassed, right? Ufufu!!!! So funny, the always calm and taciturn Nighteye is embarrassed when asking about the well being of his son…"

Inwardly she said continued her sentence, 'Seems like Kuroha was right. He really is a tsundere.'

Nighteye blushed a little and took a sip of his wine,

"Do not misunderstand me. I don't really care. It's just that he is under my guardianship and as such, I must know his current situation."

"*Pff*...*Cough* *Cough* Sorry, *Cough*"

Milienia choked on her drink when she heard Nighteye utter this sentence. She had to give her all to not bark in laughter.

'All his lack is a twin-tail and it would be perfect.'

Finally, after calming herself, she wiped a tear out of the corner of her eyes and said,

"Right now, Kuroha is alright. But, I think you should see him soon and discuss with him."

Nighteye pushed up his glasses and entered in deep thought. Finally, he decided that fleeing was indeed not the way. After hesitating a little, he finally said,

"...Tomorrow. I will call him tomorrow and organize a meeting."

Another deeper insight in Milienia personality. Same for Nighteye.

After some snu Snu, it's time for the serious talk ??

https://www.patreon.com/RedLaw ---->

P.A.T.R.E.O.N link

https://discord.gg/se7eFB

78