CH 98: GENIUS WILL CAUSE THE RULES TO CHANGE
3.1k 8 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, a limousine was slowly going toward U.A.

In the back, two girls were seated in silence. It was, of course, Momo and Suzuka.The two of them were really in an awkward situation.

They wanted to talk about everything that had happened, at the same time they were too awkward to talk about everything that had happened.

This had lasted all day yesterday, and even today, the tension was still present. Finally, Momo decided to make the first step,

"So, Suzuka were you able to talk to him? What was the result."

Suzuka was a little startled, before berating herself inwardly, it should have been her who made the first step, not her master. She bowed a little,

"Ojou-sama, I did talk to Kuroha-sama on that night. Our discussion was rather interesting, to say the least. I can now say that you really gave yourself to a good man. The Yaoyorozu will prosper with him."

Momo couldn't help but let out a smile full of joy. She was like a little puppy proud after having been praised. She didn't know why, but Sumeragi had a very high place in the Hiragi family. As such, her opinion was very important since she could easily sway the opinion of the retainers. 

If it was a democratic situation, and Kuroha was presenting himself for the post of president, then Suzuka held basically 30% of all the votes. Her dislike for Kuroha always kind of worried her, but now, she could sleep soundly. Her mother and father were already in Kuroha's side representing about 50%. But, for the 20% remaining,

"Ojou-sama, seeing your expression I guess you understand. Even though the elders aren't particularly needed anymore to accept Kuroha-sama in the family, disregarding their opinion would have bitter consequences."

Momo nodded, politics was always like that. Not everyone could be satisfied, as such, they needed to make a concession.

"Who were the candidates those old guys wanted me to marry again?"

Suzuka let out a wry smile. She had already met those candidates on multiples reprise, but it seemed like she never even tried to remember their name.

"Once I go back, I will search all relevant info for you."

"Hm...Do so. Tonight I must discuss with mother about the situation."

"What about Kuroha-sama? Will you hide it from him?"

Momo tilted her head in wonder,

"Why would I? It would only create useless drama. It's better, to be honest, and tell him everything now in order to avoid further complications or misunderstandings. Once I have straightened the situation with Mother I will give him all the info."

Suzuka nodded, at least her mistress wouldn't fall in such a stupid situation. Many problem could be avoided simply by discussing.

The rest of the time was used in discussing and polishing some of the details.

---

While Momo was discussing with Suzuka, Kuroha was walking in the hallway of the school, a large grin on his face when he thought about the event of yesterday. He never knew that Himiko could be so wild. It was truly a rewarding night. 

Just as he was nearing class A,

[HAYATE KUROHA IS ASKED TO GO TO THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE]

[I REPEAT, HAYATE KUROHA IS ASKED TO GO TO THE PRINCIPAL OFFICE]

Kuroha stopped as he heard this announcement. He began to think about everything he might have done in school that warranted being called, finally, he decided that it was better to just go.

'Hum...Will I be able to flee if I was surrounded by pro heroes?'

He didn't think that it was a trap. But it was better to be cautious. 

---

*Knock* *knock* *knock*

He slowly but firmly knocked on the door.

'One, two...Hum. Four heartbeats. They are rather normal. It shouldn't be an ambush with that number and with such a serenity.'

 "You can enter."

The voice of the principal Nezu sounded from behind the door. Since he received permission, he didn't hesitate and opened the door. But, then he was very surprised by what he saw,

'Impossible...Five?'

In the office, the people present were Nezu, Aizawa, Vlad, Hyoga and finally an unknown middle-aged man wearing a suit and a hat.

"Hayate-Kun? Is there a problem."

Kuroha, hearing his name being called, erased all trace of surprise from his place and simply bowed,

"Hello, sorry for spacing out. I was just a little surprised."

"Hum, I can understand. Before continuing, let's have an introduction. You must already know Professor Sekijiro Kan. The homeroom teacher of class 1-B and also know as the Blood Hero: Vlad King." 

Kuroha nodded. Of course, he knew him, Vlad king was perhaps the only hero with a blood type quirk. After all, blood didn't have a very heroic connotation. 

He bowed in respect to the hero. Being a hero with such a power wasn't easy. Rumor and bad-mouthing always followed him.

"Good morning professor."

Vlad simply nodded in return. Then, Nezu continued,

"The new face is the homeroom professor of class 2-A, he joined us a few years ago and is called, Uragirimono Juda. He was the tech Hero: Datastream. But is now retired."

Kuroha paused a little at this name and looked at this professor. Datastream let out a wry smile and said,

"I can understand why you look at me like that."

Kuroha simply nodded and said,

"Good morning professor."

Nezu smiled at this and finally begun to talk about the reason he was called,

"Hayate-Kun, I called you here to talk about the festival."

"The festival?"

"Yes, as you know, the festival is generally a day of fun, a tradition to welcome the new first-year students and allow them to showcase their talent. Well, recent events are really sad, but we cannot stop this tradition."

"I understand."

U.A was the best school for heroes. How would people view it if the best school canceled a festival that was basically a tradition? It would be a sign of weakness. Unrest would follow.

"Anyways, normally, the final segment of the festival is a tournament where students get to show their talents and manage to catch the attention of heroes agency. This tournament is full of surprises and twists, and the result is generally unknown. But...This year. You're present."

"...What about me?"

"*Sigh* Let's be serious. Those kids stand no chances against you. In reality, only the third years' students could pose a threat to you, and even then not many of them." 

Kuroha didn't deny. People like Shoto and Bakugo could be a problem, but that's only because of the wide ranges of their attack. There was simply no way he would lose to them.

"If you were allowed to participate, you would simply walk all other them, and asking you to hold back would an insult to those kids."

Kuroha waited for them to continue,

"At the same time, making you unable to participate would be an injustice. That was when Present Mic proposed a very interesting idea."

He began to explain the idea. As he listened to him talk, Kuroha eyes rounded in surprise. It was truly a very interesting idea and could spice things quite a bit.

"Any questions?"

"Only one, I am the only one?"

"No...There's another student. But her circumstances are different from yours. She will simply not participate."

He tilted his head, 

"Could I ask why?"

"It's very simple. Even though the hope is slim, they could still hope to beat you. But against her? The result would simply be a massacre."

His eyes opened a surprise. There was such a student?

 "Hum, you should know her. She is a recommended student from class B. Her name Ayakahime Gin. Her quirk is [KITSUNE]"

83