CH 62: FRUSTRATION
4.6k 12 111
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 In order to understand what happened, we need to go back to before All Might gave the start.

-----

Kuroha was standing with his eyes closed in the bomb room as he waited for All Might to give the start. 

He was thinking about the best way to neutralize Mina and her teammates in the shortest amount of time possible. He wasn't worried about destroying her confidence or crushing their budding friendship. After all, If it was really enough to do so, then their friendship wasn't worth wasting time on it in the first place.

Finally, he decided to use a combination of some of his powers. Quirks were really curious things. Sometimes, people were so focused on the obvious power they got that they forgot some of the less flashy advantages they gave. 

An example would be how neither Momo nor he would ever become fat. Another example he recently found was something he called [LIFE DETECTION]. If he concentrated enough, he could feel the heartbeat of all living being in a certain radius around him.

That was why he could feel Inasa back then when he tried to sneak upon him. This radius could shrink or expand depending on the number of the living being present. For example, in a crowded city, using it would completely overwhelm all his senses. 

But, here? With only two living being other than himself? He could easily cover one kilometers or two.

This wasn't all. Thanks to his ability to teleport, his grasp over distance and space were quite through. As such, a cursory glance at the plan of the building was enough for him to remember and correctly gauge everything in this building.

The result of such a combination?

The moment the start was given, he directly captured the position of Mina and her teammate, Aoya Yuga and immediately sent his two bokkens by filling them with his blood towards them.  

Still, he didn't become complacent because of this victory.

His swords were short of the speed of a bullet, but any well-trained hero could easily react to bullets.

Also, every student in U.A was full of potential. At least from what he saw during the quirk assessment test, Mina managed to rank ninth and from the reaction of her heartbeat when he launched his attack, she seemed to have a rather high level of reflex. If Mina had more experience. His blades would hardly be a problem for her since she could easily melt them with her Power. 

Ashido Mina, quirk: [ACID]  allows her to shoot out a corrosive liquid from her body; she can control the solubility and viscosity. It was without a doubt a very dangerous and lethal quirk.

The same goes for Aoyama. His belt seemed like a limiter. Did he have the same problem as Deku? If so then his quirk full power should be insane.

His quirk: [NAVEL LASER] allows him to shoot a powerful sparkling laser cannon from his navel. It seemed like there was some time limit though.

(U.A U.A U.A.  what a truly beautiful school.) 

-----

*Whistle!*

This sound signaled the end of the combat training. The students were standing outside of the buildings in the fake street as All Might gave them a speech

"You all did a good job for your first training! Well then, I must review the result with Bakugo-shonen and Midoriya-shonen! Change and return to the classroom."

"Yes!"

Kuroha watched with worry as All Might hurried. He knew that it was his timer. If he stayed any longer, he runs the risk of returning to his emaciated form in front of all the students.

Once the shadow of All Might vanished, Kuroha could feel a great number of stares on his back as well as some directed toward Momo and Shoto. 

Well, it was normal, after all, the three of them completely crushed the opposition in no time and without any help.

After his fight, he had to appease a disheartened Mina. Thankfully, the girl was basically a weaker version of Nejire bubbly self, so she rebounded back from her defeat in no time. 

Just as he was about to go and change, he felt two people coming behind him. Kaminari Denki and Kirishima Eijiro? 

"Sup man, The name is Kirishima. You were seriously way too awesome dude."

"Yeah, he is right. You like, completely blow us away with how badass you were. Oh, by the way, my name is Kaminari wanna grab something to eat when we are done here?"

He seized them at lightning speed.

Kirishima Eijiro was a rather muscular young man of average height. He had red eyes that are pointed slightly inwards and a small scar just above his right eye. He also had bright red spiked hair, but Kuroha was sure that those weren't his natural color. 

His hero costume consisted of two gear-shaped shoulder pads, dark red in color. Below this, he wears a baggy black pant and half cape with ripped hem. His chest was bare, showing his powerful muscles. 

His quirk: [HARDENING], gave him the ability to harden and sharpen any or all parts of his body.

Kaminari Denki had relatively short blond hair, parted to the right with a black lightning-shaped streak on the left of his side fringe. He had slanted, somewhat triangular yellow eyes and a little skinnier than most other students males students of the class.

His hero costume consisted of a plain white shirt, over which he wore an open black jacket with a lightning pattern across his back and matching pants with two lines running down his leg. 

His quirk: [ELECTRIFICATION], allows him to generate electricity and cover his body with it or throw it.

Once he finally ended remembering all he knew about them, he nodded in greeting before continuing,

"Hello to you too. As you know, I'm Hayate Kuroha, but you can call me Kuroha. As for hanging out together? Sure, no problem."

"Cool man, so, let's go change."

Kuroha, sent a message to Momo, about this. But, she didn't complain as Mina and Toru also invited her to hang out.

---

While Kuroha was making plans with some of his classmates, All Might was rushing toward the infirmary, with his form shrinking little by little.

In order to avoid confrontation, Midoriya and Bakugo had been sent to different rooms. 

Thankfully, he managed to reach the room where Midoriya was sent without being spotted by anyone. 

*Bang*

"MIDORIYA-SHONEN!!!"

Once, he entered, a smiling Midoriya could be seen greeting. Since he only got a swollen arm and some light cut all over his body, Recovery Girl was able to heal him easily.

This seemed to deflate him a little before being greeted by a paper fan on his face.

"This is the infirmary here. Not your backyard. Mind your manner."

All Might could only let out a sheepish laugh as he scratched the back of his head. He really could do nothing in front of those old people.

"Sorry, Recovery Girl."

"What are you apologizing to me for? The school just began, and it's already the second time he is under my care. On top of that, I discussed with Milienia, and she told me just how much stress he was under."

Midoriya wisely keeps his mouth closed despite the plea that could be seen in All Might's eyes.

"Stop trying to get him to speak. Jeez! I know he is your favorite and that you passed on your power to him, but that doesn't mean you should stress him so much!"

All Might answered with a somber face,

"There's nothing I can say to that. Because I wanted to consider his feelings, I hesitated to stop the training match. Even so, will you not talk about One For All so loudly?"

Midoriya cast his head down. The skinny All Might and the buff All Might were really different in personality. Even though it was the same person, he became gloomier and more serious when in his skinny form.

Recovery Girl dismissively answered to the plea of All Might as she gave him her back,

"Aye aye, Mr. Natural-Born Hero. Mr. Symbol of Peace."

All Might didn't answer her sarcasm. He knew well, that under her stern exterior, she was a very caring woman,

"My injury and this form of mine are common knowledge among the U.A teachers and a certain group of pros, but, the secret of my quirk, One For All, is known to only a selected few."

"*Sigh* I know It's not like you want to rest on your laurel at the top, but is being a [Natural-born hero] or the [Symbol Of Peace] really that important?"

"If I no longer am, then the superhuman society will be seized by evil. This is the responsibility of those of us with this power."

The frown on Recovery Girl lightens up a bit. She knew he was right. Out of all the countries in the world, Japan was the country with the lowest crime rate. Even England with the Immortal Queen and China with the Jade Emperor didn't come close to them. All that was thanks to All Might.

Meanwhile, Izuku continued to keep his head down without speaking. But, internally he was very bitter.

(This feeling when adults discuss a heavy topic and that it's too late for you to leave the room.)

At the same time, he thought back to his fight with Bakugo.

(I hope he is alright. I need to talk to him later.)

---

After the afternoon classes

Kuroha was walking on the street with Denki and Kirishima as they discussed about school and some of the prof. Finally, they stopped in front of a building.

Kuroha, seeing this building couldn't help but shiver as an incredibly serious expression settled on his face.

(Arcade, the dwelling of all my nemesis, the video game. It seems like it's time for another fight.)

Kuroha steeled himself. He remembered all the bitter hours of reading and analysis he did. He was sure, this time, he WOULD WIN. No fucking way an 8 years old girl will ever humiliate him again.

One hour later, Kuroha could be seen leaving the arcade as the sun began to set, manly tear flowing on his face as he thought resolutely,

(I will be back!!!)

(AN: Will Kuroha ever win in a video game? Will the Arcade still crush the manly spirit of Kuroha? In order to get the answer, even I don't have the answer to this question.)

111