239. day after – part 1.
56 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

October 17.

Dreamworks was officially launched under the shadow of Universal, this company aims to achieve independence while pocketing a lot of money, although basic problems are being dealt with under the term that there cannot be another major company. The political tremor kept confronting, Michael Ovitz left the CAA representation company, resentment from the board and resentment from another board that accepted a man who rose to the board purely through nepotism, with just a stroke of a pen. The change had not been made, and Michael Ovitz wanted to end his work, but Michael Eisner had already introduced him, in less, with the condition that Michael would resign by January 1995 at the latest. For now, at CAA, this term ended with all of his work.

Ovitz's departure from CAA was a blow to the agency, as it lost one of its co-founders and most influential leaders, who have influential contacts. However, the agency must continue to operate, although from its competitors, the war for adjustment has already begun, and the hunt for big stars has been called. Many stars have started to be tempted by different representation organizations, including the William Morris Agency (WMA), International Creative Management (ICM), and United Talent Agency (UTA).

Smelling blood, they made some commitments with agents, and some other big stars who have performed, like renewing contracts to demonstrate the stability of the company, and many businesses have stabilized.

-Steven, it's a pleasure, - said Jeffrey Katzenberg, taking the initiative to introduce himself to the Dreamworks company. He wanted to present himself at Lux Animation out of spite, but in recent years, he has seen that the management is not impressionable, they invest little in management, and the remuneration is not as high as it can be in other companies. The conversation he had with David Geffen was clear; a company that was not subject to business rules. Such business rules, extra hours, little profits, and poor benefits. Being a used and worn-out product is not relevant. Therefore, the conversation with David Geffen managed to interest Jeffrey Katzenberg.

-I couldn't believe it when I heard that one of the most successful members like you would start creating content on your own. Despite everything, I feel flattered that you extend an olive branch to me, - said Jeffrey Katzenberg, taking a seat in Steven Spielberg's office, a building under renovation from a previous company now part of the company, a small habitable wing, the other fully occupied by different builders who began hammering at the first light of morning, the aesthetic organization, along with some important parts, the company was ambitious, and for now, they only started with a television production company, a film production company, and a music production company.

-I suppose David told you all the important details. In the coming days, I would like to avoid all the intrinsic issues of this administration and negotiation profession. What did you come to propose? - Steven asked.

-Nothing strange, just one important thing. Disney has been under my judgment for the last 20 years. I've worked tirelessly producing, directing, and proposing different animated films. Michael Eisner believes that Disney is a corporation, with which he is completely wrong. I have followers; give me space to create an animation studio, and in the coming years, we will show Disney what it means to be a film producer, - Jeffrey said.

-Do you want to promote an animation company? - Steven asked.

-I want it. For hiring, there's nothing to worry about. I can bring people who will follow me in confidence. I have future projects in mind that I tried to promote, but Disney's animated spirit blocked mine and those proposed by the renegades, the king of Midas, the musical genius, and the animation director, - Jeffrey said, extending his hands on a large screen.

-How much can you bring to the table? - Steven Spielberg asked.

-Well, my animation production team and compensation that Disney owes me. They claim that only the price of 10 million, which I will challenge in court, by approximately 330 million dollars, which is the profit I have brought to the company, according to accounts and negotiations, I can invest that money, - Jeffrey Katzenberg said, who had led Disney's company to success in many other things.

-Very well, let's do it, let's dream big, - said Steven, shaking hands.

-DreamWorks, the work of dreams, - said Jeffrey Katzenberg, giving a long talk about his ideas and his upcoming projects. The plan to start an animation company is not common. Only Billy Carson has stood up to the world of animation.

Jeffrey Katzenberg's service is a giant career; it started at Paramount Pictures, and from there, he has made numerous series, from Star Trek to Indiana Jones. He was brought in by Michael Eisner himself, and now he is rejected.

Although it is painful, from another point of view, Katzenberg fought for the presidency position, and after not being satisfied, he demanded profit at the box office over the price of the movies that have made money, Steven himself accepted Jeffrey, but he knows that this guy is ambitious.

**********************************************************

For Jim Waitt, the day had not been good. Since morning, his client Billy Carson had been in the eye of the storm, facing a powerful attack. An image of a young Billy Carson greeting the camera with the title - the youngest billionaire" by The New York Times elongates what is a description of a 20-year-old, even if the age is incorrect. Jim thought, "He owns numerous companies, from comics, animation, video games, fast food, computing, cinema, to hospitality, and his fortune is estimated to exceed one billion dollars. -

The California Post talks about a secret romance between the successful businessman and Winona Ryder, in a photo that finds them compromisingly holding hands, almost kissing, closely. It's clear how she puts a hand in his hair, attempting to fix it. The article claims the actor is a playboy who disregards people's feelings. On the next page, there's a photo with a member of his cast, Mili Avital, walking hand in hand on the streets of Texas. The photo is good, but if scrutinized closely, their hands are not together.

The Washington Post mentions a fight Billy had in a bar while at Stanford University and how he used the money to threaten the police officers at the station. - That never happened, - Jim furrowed his brow. -Was Billy hiding things? -

Spam of photos, the most alarming one is a complaint from someone claiming Billy stole their characters and copyright. The person called him a thief, questioning his use of ghost artists with slavery contracts and claiming ownership of others' drawings as his own, a true publicity thief.

Although Jim Waitt wasn't the only one observing the media's movement, the American boom seemed to detail Billy's life with such precision. Firstly, Jim knew the measured attack confirmed nothing and acted upon blurry photos; the publication was written in a way that neither confirmed nor denied anything except the grave allegations of product theft.

His second fear: Billy needed a bodyguard. Now that his truth was completely uncovered, he called an agency connecting with the retired military, security companies, protection teams, and bodyguards specialized in high-profile figures.

-No matter, I want a full security service, protection service, recording service, and personal protection, - Jim said over the phone, receiving multiple calls from his boss, colleagues, acquaintances, Sony, Columbia, Universal, minor men, and even a quick call from a surprised James Cameron, who didn't expect the 13-year-old boy to rise so high.

-$55,000 a year. Perfect. I want the security package, - Jim said. - Have them come to my address, noted xxxxxxxxxx. They have to start tomorrow. Send me your best agent, needless to say, I will verify their resume, - Jim said, knowing for certain the company was good and acceptable.

'Billy needed more protection as far as the photos are concerned,' he thought, considering the danger of the situation.

Contrary to the extent of the situation, it only encompassed an organized and elaborate effort by a group of two full-time paid paparazzi and a private investigator who, over the last few months, had been everywhere with a team of two workers, with many resources to dig up all possible information.

...

2