248. industry.
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Billy concluded the meeting with ID Software, a meeting that gave him much to ponder. Undoubtedly, he had underestimated the work of video games and the talkative profits that could be received. Subsequently, he saw Leo Roy Hatcocok. He was the youngest of the three, blond-haired, or so it seemed, with short military-style hair. He was a giant, almost two meters tall, no, perhaps 1.90 meters, his muscles were powerful, and he seemed like a mass of strength, filled with steroids, iron, cement, granite, and all hard materials.

Douglas was in Billy's office reviewing the perimeters, while Erwin took a seat in the office across, the marketing area and waiting room.

He left the door open so he could have a view of the office; this was the most exclusive place in the company, and only one person was seen, captive—Raimon. - Why didn't you pick me up at the airport? - Billy asked.

Aloud, with that in mind, his head was buzzing.

-Your CEO didn't mention your arrival until he was informed of it, - Erwin said.

-Alright, - said Billy, taking a seat. He needed an animated series to create; it had been a while, and he had delayed the promise to George Lucas that the series would start production by December. It was a goal to consider; he would start with the simple classic drawings of the first series of quick shorts, a two-hour movie with five-minute trailers, divided into parts. It would take time; he would expand the series to at least three hours so that each episode would have seven minutes of screen time.

He did his drawing work for the next two hours, giving the outlines of the beginnings of a series while getting down to business. On his desk was a 15-page script dating back to 1976; it was a clear sign that in the coming days, he would have to delve into duplicating that script to at least four hundred pages with outlines of the main lines.

When he got tired of drawing, he started writing in Word, Word 6.0 in 1993, it was a stable version that he liked. He kept writing, all the details of the script in his head while making drawings on a white notepad titled Star Wars. Not far away were all the comics that Star Wars had published to date. Anne, in a short time, would contact some ghostwriters, and the Star Wars series would begin to take shape and come to life once Billy started shaping the world alongside George Lucas.

In his head, he had a total of 394 worlds, along with at least 10,000 characters. He started from the beginning. From the planet that unraveled everything, Naboo, and Coruscant, followed by some other planets more or less relevant to the Star Wars series. With prior knowledge, he refined the plots, and many of them took shape in different ways, instilling deeper dialogues among the Jedi.

-It's half past eight, sir, - Erwin said from the door.

-Do you need to leave? - Billy asked, paying attention to his computer, continuing to take notes and draft dialogue.

-We're doing shifts, for now, both Douglas and Leo are waiting for you to settle in the appropriate area to rest in their respective places. I'll stay alone as an emergency measure while we establish the danger zones and relevant security, -  Erwin said.

-I see, - said Billy, taking note of the three men who were now his group of bodyguards. -- Let me finish with this idea; I'll take everything and work at the hotel, -- added Billy, finally finishing his last touches to square away the first part of the saga.

He had to take his Star Wars notepad; it was the only relevant thing he would do until the weekend. The building was calm; most of the workers were at home except for some animators who continued their activities, such as Anna Szymanski, who drew as she pondered all the memories of her country, along with some other photos.

Or a Raimon, who continued to review the accounts of the hotel company like a bloodhound sniffing meat; meticulously, each account was observed to the smallest detail. - That's it, guys. Let's go get settled; can you let Raimon know? We'll have dinner at the hotel; he has some accounts to update me on, - said Billy.

Douglas nodded; Billy's feeling was inexplicable; he felt like the mafia boss with three bodyguards by his side. They had devoted themselves to reactivating the technical commitments of all the company's guards, drafted new rules, and requested that each employee's data room be reviewed. The Pinkerton security company didn't mess around. How much would it cost? But that was the least he wanted to know at the moment.

Raimon arrived busy; lately, he dressed better. However, beneath the elegant pants and the button-up shirt, the Star Wars hoodie was as flashy as a lighthouse in the middle of the forest.

-My truck, - Billy asked Raimon.

-It's in the garage; I've had the keys since this morning, I just forgot to give them to you, - Raimon said.

-We'll eat at the hotel; these guys have to leave soon, but a good dinner never hurts anyone. What do you say? - Billy asked, thinking about the orange chicken served at the hotel. The restaurant closed at 10, and he fervently desired a good meal.

-I wanted pizza! Oh well, I'll eat tomorrow, even though we didn't finish our last game, - Raimon said.

They left the office, just as Billy's Toyota truck was there, a nice truck given by his grandparents and father, but he hadn't used it in a while. Billy took the driver's seat, again neglecting his three bodyguards, who got in. The vehicle had been checked by Erwin this morning and by Douglas in the afternoon; they needed a private parking space for added security, but that would be discussed later.

Raimon's car, with the bright Batman symbol on its hood, followed behind.

-You can take the truck as long as you return it tomorrow, - Billy told his bodyguards.

They nodded. Douglas took the car keys. The room was 205, reserved for some time. They set out to check for any security breaches. It was now understood why Margot had booked a double room for her beloved bodyguard. He chatted with Raimon long enough to get ahead of all the gossip; even later, he whispered something to him that no one else heard but Raimon. He nodded and bid farewell to Billy with a hug.

Erwin was eating a turkey sandwich from a distant table, not too far, but enough for him to talk privately with Raimon. Another thing about having bodyguards is paranoia; only someone who needs security hires them. And especially from such a private list.

-Thanks for waiting, Erwin, and I apologize for the inconvenience, - Billy said, calling for the bill and paying for everything.

-We are the security service, one of the best companies in the world. It's our job, - Erwin said.

-I can understand that. Let's go; I just paid the bill, I know the food here is expensive, - Billy said, heading to his room. Rinse and wash; he had to focus on drawing the animated story. The storyline was on point; he already had the faces of all the main characters and added some special ones like the short stories of Grievous, Durge, Severance Tan, and Asajj Ventress.

The main idea is to keep arguing every immediate detail, a longer prologue that details the conflict of the clones, only as an introduction.

...

2