Chapter 132 – The past.
1.9k 6 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks ago.

"Dad, were you called by the queen? Do you know what she wants with you?" My daughter was beautiful as always, but she seemed a little worried about the situation, the queen would never call a low-ranking noble without reason.

I was still a little scared of what was going to happen. Maybe she found out about my plans? Or perhaps she just needs to warn me about something different? I won't know if I don't go there.

So I just replied to her, "I also don't know what exactly she wants, but I can't deny an invitation from the queen, that would be very rude, and I could end up with problems, right?" I smiled at her.

My daughter was still in her 14 years of age, but she was already a brilliant girl, too, I don't want her to know about my plans, I want her to keep thinking that we have a perfect family.

Perhaps it is a mistake to pretend that our family is "healthy" and that there is nothing wrong with it? Yes, but I still want to keep it a secret from this cute little girl, she will find out eventually, but this is not the time for it.

"Be careful on your journey, and don't disrespect the queen, don't do anything wrong, please." My daughter was still anxious, but I just put my hand on her head and said that everything was fine.

Anyone who looks at a father as kind as I am, cannot even imagine the kind of rotten person I am, and I know that I cannot deny that I am a despicable person.

A person who does not deserve a daughter like her, but since she was born in my family, I need to raise her with all the affection in the world, and I cannot waver a little like a father, perhaps that is the only good thing about me at this moment.

Since she is my only legitimate daughter, I think everything is fine, I can only take care of her, and the other children are looked after by their mothers. But since they don't leave the mansion, there will be no problems.

But I know the fame I have in the city, maybe I'm called a "woman eater"? It's a good nickname, but I find it disgusting myself, but I can't deny it's true.

But now these things are not necessary. I just need to worry about my meeting with the queen. It can be perilous.

I hope everything goes well when I get to the castle, if she finds out what I'm doing, I could be accused and beheaded in public, I don't even want to imagine it.

Or was that what I thought.
###########
After some time traveling, I was in the queen's castle, I was a little afraid to enter, but as several guards were escorting me, I couldn't stop walking and kept going.

The castle was partially being rebuilt, it looked like the castle had been blown up, but I ignored it and moved on, it doesn't matter now, it must be under control now that it's almost finished.

"Fast." One of the guards got impatient and started pushing me a little bit, but as I was very overweight, I couldn't walk very fast, but even so, I struggled because I didn't want to make another push.

And after a few seconds walking down a corridor, we come to a room with a massive door. This is the conference room that the queen uses for private matters; it is a different room from the throne room.

Seeing that we were in this room, I started to get a little more scared about what she was going to say to me, but even so, I sat in the place that was assigned to me and waited for the queen to start talking.

After the guards who brought me out, she started to speak. In the room, there was only the queen, and a few more personal guards left. It is impossible to think that the queen would be alone in the place with some nobleman.

"I need you to do something for me, it's no big deal, so you won't have a problem doing that, right?" The queen had a powerful voice; it made her tremble.

"Yes, your majesty." Before I saw it, I had already risen from the chair and was bending over it while sweating, it was a little tricky because of my weight, but it was necessary.

"Go back to your place. You don't need that, now let's get to it, just listen." After that, she started to explain what was going on.

She said that her granddaughter was in the city that I governed and that I was not to contact her, but it was to keep her informed about everything the little girl did.

He also said that that girl is not normal, so she can't help knowing everything that girl was doing. She was afraid that something would happen if she stopped learning about the little girl.

The queen sent someone after the girl, but that person still hasn't come back or has news, so she thought to put me to do this was the best, as I could have control over the town's businesses and could let her know everything that was happening.

I wanted to know what this little girl did to make the queen so angry, wasn't her granddaughter? It does not make sense.

But even without understanding anything, I just accepted it.

"Certainly, Your Majesty." I leaned over and continued, "I'm going to do a job that will amaze majesty; I won't disappoint you." I didn't want to do that, but disobeying was worse.

"Is it good to do everything perfectly, or do you want me to interfere with your business?" When I looked at the queen, she had a smile that gave me chills.

She already knows everything, and she already knows everything I'm doing, this woman is crazy. Would a queen let someone do this in her kingdom and do nothing? This little girl messed with a horrible person, just as terrible as me.

But I'm still happy that she won't interfere, I just need to do a great job.

I hope I don't get in touch with that girl, but I have to gather somehow information about what she's doing and send it to the queen.

51