Chapter 134 – It gets worse and worse.
1.8k 3 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a while, we arrived at a building that looked like the guild building, but it was very different from the capital or Grenrok guild. The building was dirty and very empty.

It seems that many people are not interested in being adventurous in this city, nor do there seem to be many missions available, and it was a guild that didn't even need to exist, this place is a sad thing.

But even if she doesn't have a lot of people, surely there must be adventurers here who need to do this to survive in this place, I won't belittle the guild, because people need it.

However, it is still very different from everything I have seen. There is no bar or drinks, there is only a counter, and the missions, nor tables and chairs are placed inside, it was a very crazy thing.

I never thought I would see an empty guild, but it looks like I was mistaken.

'How long will he be up there?' At least the guild had two floors, and the fat man went up there. Maybe he's having a business conversation, so it's best not to interfere with anything.

I was just afraid that the old stairs would not support his weight, and they would eventually break, causing him to fall down the stairs, only to imagine this scene I was laughing, but I managed to contain myself.

"Can I help you?" While I waited for the fat man and the driver to come down, a girl who seemed to be a little older than me, she was the receptionist for this guild, but she was very young.

I thought that only more experienced women could work in a guild, but it seems that in this city they don't have many people like that, so they ended up putting any girl here.

"No, I'm just waiting for someone, don't worry," I replied while nodding at her, but it was terrible to wait in that place. In addition to the dust rising through the air, I couldn't even lean against the wall, and it would end up dirtying my entire dress.

After I answered the girl, she started to work on something on the counter, but I did not approach to pry, that would be wrong, and it would also be strange.

'He's taking too long.' I was already losing patience with that fat man, but as I was already in the city and was not doing anything, I decided to leave.

The fat man won't be able to do anything to punish me after that, and I don't think he'll be attacked when he leaves here, I need to find an inn to stay in before nightfall, I may be in trouble if I don't get one.

I just hope that the inns are not as dirty as this guild, I can't stand all that dirt.
############
I started walking around the city while watching some people pass by. Few people had no injuries or were wearing shoes; most of them were barefoot and injured.

Well, if they have no treatment, their vacation will get worse and worse, and if they end up getting infected they will have some problems, I need to do something to help people who are in a more severe state.

But I am not going to do that now; first I need to find a place to stay, it shouldn't be difficult since the city is not so big.

"Excuse." I caught the eye of a woman who was passing by while holding a little boy's hand, the little girl seemed to be almost passed out, and the woman was also not very well.

"We don't have time, let's go." She started to pull the boy by the arms, but I didn't let them go.

"Wait, I just want information, I can give you that." I know it is not right to use a bribe in this situation, but I did it.

I took bread with vegetables and meat from my storage and showed it to the woman. Not only her, but the boy looked at it with shining eyes, and of course, the other people who were walking down the street also got their eyes shining.

It felt like I was in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, and I was the only human, it was terrifying.

So I was in a hurry, and I wanted the woman to accept it soon, and of course, she accepted my proposal and took the bread. She started to eat the food without thinking twice while the child looked, seeing this, I was disappointed with the woman.

I took another bread and handed it to the boy, who started eating nonstop, the woman looked at the boy with envy, and she hadn't even finished eating hers, these people don't have any food here, now I'm sure.

How are they still alive? Does not make sense.

"So, what do you want to know?" After finishing eating, the woman asked me while looking at me from above, did she think that she is superior in this situation? This woman is crazy.

"Well, I just wanted to know where I can find an inn in that city," I said as I looked around.

After thinking for a while, the woman started to explain to me where the inn was. There was only one hostel in that city, and it was a relatively good hostel, but it wasn't prevalent.

This city does not receive many visitors, and the population does not have enough money to stay in a lodging, so they have few customers.

'It must be difficult to have an establishment in that place ...'

"Thank you. I will look for the place; I hope you are well." I smiled at them and left, of course, I knew they wouldn't be okay, but I said it politely.

But now we are going to look for a place to stay, and maybe go back to the inn to see if I find the fat man, I don't want to have to do that, but it is my mission to stay with him and protect him.

"It must be this way." I walked around the city and went through some buildings until I came to a two-story building that was very beautiful. Compared to the other buildings, it was very new.

I hope that inside is also the same.

52