Chapter 135 – Old Inn?
1.8k 2 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went inside the building and started looking around.

There weren't many people sitting at the tables that were set in place, but inside it looked pretty decent. The tables looked clean, and the walls were not broken like most other buildings.

Also, the attendant behind the counter was wearing clothes very similar to the uniforms of any other innkeeper. Her clothes were not torn like the clothes that other people wore.

Seeing this, I started to hope that this would be a right place, I wouldn't have to worry about hosting, and that even in a city like this, I can stay without being in a bad situation.

"Excuse me, can I have room to stay?" I approached the counter and called the woman, I didn't need it since she was looking at me since I got here, but I did it out of politeness.

The woman who was attending was wonderful, but she didn't look so young, maybe she was over 40, but she was beautiful, should I say, well looked after? I think that not everyone in this city is experiencing difficulties.

"Of course, five copper coins a night, and seven snake coins if you want to stay with a meal included." She said such an incredible thing in such a polite way.

I felt robbed just because she said that price, it was a ridiculous price, not even the inn in the capital was so expensive.

I don't know since I didn't stay at one, but the inn I worked at and almost became a prostitute was cheaper than that, it doesn't make any sense. Now I understand why no one comes to this place, and I also know why she looks well looked after.

She has money to buy clothes, unlike other people in the city, but I didn't have much choice, I had to pay.

"On here." I handed over ten snake coins, I was going to stay two nights, but I didn't want the meal.

In addition to being expensive, I don't know the quality of the food here. Besides, I won't need to eat here since I have a lot of food in my storage. I'm glad I bought such a generous amount.

But it will be a little confusing if I decide to donate food to every child I see in front of me, I need to control myself a little.

But now is not the time to think about it, after I hand over the money, the woman started walking upstairs without saying anything, so I just followed her, it seems that she is not a big talk.
#########
We went up the stairs, and the only thing I could see was the creaking that the stairs made, the place looked new, but the stairs were in a situation where they could break at any moment, so I had to walk carefully.

Upstairs there were a few rooms, not many. I think there was a maximum of 6 bedrooms. It seems like a lot, but in larger hostels, the quality of the rooms is much higher, but the rooms are never huge.

Usually, those who use this room only use it to sleep, so the rooms don't have to be so big, there are few rooms here, so I thought the rooms would be a little bigger, but they weren't.

I didn't realize that the building was so small, even though it had fewer rooms, the rooms were still the size of the halls of the other hostels, I think I expected too much from the quality of the place.

Inside the room, there was an old closet and a bed, but the bed was not a mattress like other places, the beds were made of something that looked like straw, that was probably it.

After the woman took me to the bedroom, she just turned and left, I don't think she talks much, but now I need to clean this bed a little.

On the bed, a lot of dust, it looks like the inside is worse than the outside, but I think it won't take long to do that. I took a sheet from my storage and used it to dust the bed and also clean it thoroughly.

After that, I would not use this sheet. Of course, I would use it just to clean it all up.

It was not long before I finished cleaning and sat on the bed to rest for a while from the trip. The quality of the bed was not very good because it was made of straw, but I think it is much better than the grass I slept on during the trip.

'I could sleep now, but I have to go back.' I had to go to the fat man who was in the adventurers guild, so after I rested for a while, I went down the stairs of the inn, taking care not to break any steps and then left the inn.

The woman didn't even care about me, it was like I wasn't here, the place is dirty, and the service is terrible, I think this place would receive a lot of negative notes in my old world.

"Let's go now." I started walking more quickly towards the adventurer guild. Of course, I also watched the people around to see how they were doing.

Sometimes I met people like that woman from the inn who wore decent clothes, and it seems that there are people who can live well in this city. I think it depends a lot on their work.

I walked so fast through the streets, and the city is so small that when I realized I was already arriving at the inn, and the fat man's carriage was still there, it seems that she yet hasn't finished talking.

It must be an essential subject for him to take so long, well, I'm not going to get into that kind of thing.

"Hey, you, are there any strong adventurers in this city?" I took advantage that I was not doing anything and decided to talk to the girl who was behind the counter, that is, the young receptionist from before.

"Well, in this city you won't find anything like that, even the jobs here are scarce, so people don't risk working as adventurers, because there aren't many jobs and those that exist don't pay well." I didn't even ask about all of this, but I'm happy to know.

I already realized that I had no missions, but it seems that the situation is worse than I thought.

51