Chapter 140 – A ghost, ohh.
1.8k 3 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I activated the search magic and started looking around the mansion, there were many signs of life everywhere, and most of them were maids, but there was something that caught my attention, it was there.

On the second floor of the mansion, or so it seems, there is a single room with five people inside, probably the mayor, the fat man, the coachman and some guards who must be inside.

It could also be some different room where the maids stay, but I find it hard to be that, so I go straight to that room, because I was wasting a lot of time, and I wouldn't know if it's in this place if I don't see it with my own eyes.

I could use a drone to go outside the mansion, but I think it would take a long time, so I walked to the door of this room carefully so that I didn't hit anything.

There were expensive vases everywhere, and the furniture also looked very refined, which made me think it would also cost a fortune. But I didn't care. I just didn't want to make any noise.

I arrived in front of the door and looked if there was no maid nearby, I would open the door with everything because I realized that they were already talking, so I couldn't take long, and that's what I did.

I turned the doorknob slowly, but pushed the door at a fast speed and then jumped into the room, I think it was a very striking thing, as everyone was looking.

Well, of course, a door opened by itself like that, they would be surprised and confused by this.

"Did anyone tamper with the door?" The mayor was the one who asked; first, he was a thin, pale man and also wore a ridiculous mustache, I also noticed that he wore a black cane, I think he has some difficulty walking.

He had two guards behind him, and they were two men who looked strong, he was different from the guards who were at the gate of his mansion, I think he prefers to have the strongest to protect, I think this is normal.

Besides his appearance, his voice was extraordinary, it seemed that he had a problem in his throat, and that made his voice tremble, it was a horrible thing, but that is not important now.

"No, I don't remember anyone touching it." Who answered the mayor's question was the fat man, he also seemed to be equally confused.

"Go check it out." The mayor realized that something was wrong and asked one of the guards to take a look outside, and of course, I took advantage of this situation to go elsewhere and watch.

It didn't matter which place I was staying in, they wouldn't notice me, but even so, I think choosing the right location is essential here, I had a view of the whole room, so it was perfect.

"Sir, there's nobody out there." It didn't take long for the guard to return, and that surprised everyone, they had never seen a door open that way alone.

"Okay, just close the door, let's continue." They only thought a little and went back to their negotiations, not even the fat man suspected me, so he is an idiot.

'I will not blame you. This is the new magic.' If he had seen me use invisibility magic before, I would be in trouble, but since he hadn't seen it, he didn't even suspect me.

And now that I'm in here with them, I can know everything that's happening here, I hope it's nothing too serious, but if it involves so much money, it may be, right?

'Perhaps I will be irritated.' It's just a possibility.
#############
"So, is the product the same as what you brought before?" Who started asking was the mayor, he seemed anxious to get these products.

"Sure, put the box in here, Carlos." So the coachman's name was Carlos, I don't think I would ever know that, well, I don't care about that.

"Right." Carlos took the box that was supposed to have a picture inside, but he certainly didn't have it inside.

When he lifted the lid of the box, there was a picture there, for a moment I thought they would be negotiating only the image, and maybe it was an illegal product, so they are negotiating like that.

But it wasn't just that, as soon as Carlos took the painting out of the box, it was like the painting was a "door" to close and hide these things, I didn't know what that was, but I was sure that it is some kind of drug.

Inside the box were some weak ones with a red liquid, a red so strong that I thought it would be blood, but I don't think they would go through it all because of blood, it should be some kind of potion.

I know this is not like a witch's tale that makes enchanted potions, but this is a fantasy world, so there should be things like this.

Hoo ~~

As soon as the mayor placed his eyes on those flasks, an abnormal sound and a huge smile settled on his face, yes, he was waiting for that.

Even without knowing what it was, I was sure I had to stop these negotiations, but I have to find out the effect of these "drugs" beforehand, I hope I have an opportunity to see someone using it.

It's not that I want to use them, but depending on the side effects that this thing brings, it can be dangerous for humans, and I have no idea who uses these things.

I find it very difficult for the mayor to use this potion; he doesn't seem like a person who would use it since he can't even walk properly and looks so fragile.

'Perhaps the potion left him in that state?' It could be a possibility.

"So, what's their value today? You always end up changing prices." The mayor seemed a little irritated when he said that, I think the fat man is the smart one in this situation.

He sells products that may be bad for people, and he still charges dearly for that, I can't deny that he's a little smart.

46