Chapter 152 – Completing the escape.
1.5k 4 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After leaving the mansion, nobody had noticed, I was looking for the search magic, and nobody was after us, it was as if we had never left the mansion, thankfully.

Now we have to go to the adventurer guild, I have no place but the guild to leave this girl, I cannot leave her at the inn where I am alone, I don't trust that place.

But before that I had to get this girl out of here, there was still no one close, but if anyone gets close she will be recognized, I'm sure of it, I think she is a famous girl.

She is the daughter of the mayor of the city, so she must surely be like a celebrity in that city, or maybe she is just hated because of her father, so I have to take her to the guild in secret.

"Listen, I will take you to a safe place, you will have to wait for me there. I will come back to get you." I tried somehow to explain to her what I was going to do, but she accepted everything very quickly.

It seems that she trusts me a lot, so I took advantage of this
situation to hold her hand and start walking towards the adventurer guild. Of course, I was going through the alleys.

The alleys were dirty and smelly, I hope she doesn't refuse to come by, I looked at her face, but she seemed very calm with all this, has she been through something like this before? Maybe, but I'm not going to ask her that.

"Listen, where is this safe place? Is it in a house?" It's true, I just said I would take her to a safe place, but I didn't say where I was, I think I'm an idiot, it doesn't make sense not to tell her.

"Well, I will take you to the adventurer guild." I don't think there's any reason to hide it, but after I said it, it looked like she had seen a ghost, she went pale and stopped walking right away.

I started looking around to see if something was wrong, but there was nothing there, I began to worry about her, but it didn't take long for me to know what all this "fear" was about.

"No, we can't go to that place, that old job with my dad." The girl started trying to explain everything desperately, and it seems that she has already seen the guild master and her father negotiating things.

It seems that her father always gave him money, he probably gave it to the master to keep quiet, but I already knew that.

I don't think I need to worry about that now, and I felt that the guild master told the truth when he said he wanted to save the city, and I want to help him do that, I think I can count on him to take care of a child.

Anyway, I can leave this girl with that receptionist, even though she doesn't have much emotion, she can take care of a child.

"Don't worry, I talked to him before going to the mansion, he is sorry for what he was doing, he was the one who asked for my help." Well, even if she hadn't asked for my help, I would help.

"Are you sure?" She looked a little better, but she was still worried, she was adorable, but I won't mention that.

"Don't worry, don't you trust me?" I feel a little strange asking her that, I knew this girl now and I'm already asking if she trusts me, it seems that I'm presumptuously doing this.

"Sure, I trust you a lot. I know you wouldn't lie to me."

'Ehhhh?' Does this girl trust me? I thought she was just following me because I saved her, not because she had so much confidence in me.

Or maybe she felt pressured by my question? I feel a little wrong.
############
After some time walking through the dirty alleys we arrived at the alley that was next to the guild, we left there in the middle of the street, and we went straight into the adventurers guild, it doesn't seem that anyone noticed us.

Within the guild there were not many adventurers, just an older man who was looking at the few missions that were posted on the wall, well, there are not many missions here, he will have to take anyone.

Another person who was inside the guild was the receptionist, she was behind the counter, and her eyes widened when she saw me with the girl, of course, I was no longer invisible.

I've never seen her look so expressive. I think that means it's terrible, right? I don't think I should be here in the middle of the guild with the mayor's daughter.

"Get up, quick" The girl didn't even go up to warn the guild master, she just asked me to go up with her, and that's what I did, I was a little surprised, but I understand.

"Why are you hanging around with the mayor's daughter? Are you crazy?" It was the first time that girl spoke to me, but I just replied, "Don't worry, nobody saw us."

Not satisfied, I continued: "Do you think that if someone had seen the girl leaving the mansion, she would be here? Surely there would be a lot of guards behind us, don't worry, nobody saw her leaving."

I didn't tell any lies here, and I sure would have had many guards behind her if they had seen her leaving the mansion.

"Okay, let's see what my dad .. I mean, the guild master thinks that." Did she just say, dad? Well, I'm going to ignore that.

But in any case, the guild master will not be against me, he was the one who asked for my help, and if I tell him everything that this girl's father was doing, he will also be irritated.

And of course, this girl will also understand why I took her out of there because it was necessary.

After walking a little more, we arrived in the same room as before, the office of the guild master.

*****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

43