Chapter 153 – Returning to the mansion.
1.5k 6 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The receptionist knocked on the guild master's door, and after a few seconds, an answer came from inside: "Come in." She opened the door quickly. It looks like she wanted to get into that room as soon as possible.

I managed to understand the reason for all this after seeing the face of the guild master, and he had a pale face as well as Syl when he heard he was going to come to this place. I think I shouldn't have brought her to this place.

"What is this girl doing here? This is dangerous, do you know what will happen if that man knows you took his daughter out of the mansion?" The guild master began to speak in a loud voice.

He was taking care not to scream too loud. I think we would be in trouble if someone heard it, it seems that this is more dangerous than I thought, but nothing will happen.

"Don't worry, I just want you to stay with her for today; I still have things to do in that mansion." I think that just one day will be enough for me to end this. It will be speedy.

But even listening to that, the guild master does not seem calm. It appears that he is getting more and more nervous. The receptionist was not as shy as he was, but she looked scared.

"You don't understand, that guy is crazy about this girl, if he knows that I have his daughter, he will have this entire guild destroyed." So that's it, is he afraid of just that?

"Ahh, don't worry, I wouldn't let anything happen to you, I think," I said this just for fun. Of course, I wouldn't let anything happen to them.

"What do you mean, 'I think' you have to take responsibility for bringing this little girl into the guild. If something happens, it's your fault." He was looking like a child; I think I better stop.

"Okay, I'm going. Syl, stay here and wait for me, they'll take care of you, okay?" I was looking like her mother, but I had a youthful appearance like hers. I need to control myself.

"What, are you going to leave me? I want to go with you." Ehhh? Is this girl crazy? I just got her out of that mansion, and you want me to take her with me? Of course, I wouldn't do that. It would only cause me problems.

"Listen, I'll be back soon, don't you trust me?" I should stop using that question to try to convince her of something, but after thinking about it and stuffing her cheeks with air, she said, "Okay, but you're supposed to be back, okay?"

'Kyaaaa, how cute, I want to pinch those cheeks.' Wait, I can't do this now, I need to go back to the mansion.

"What's your name again?" I asked the receptionist who was still by my side, I don't remember hearing her name before, and after a while, she said, "My name is Marcya, sorry for not introducing me before." She looked panicked for some reason.

"Okay, I'll leave this girl with you, I don't think I can trust an old man so much to look after a child." I looked at the guild master while saying this, and I am right.
I am putting an older man to look after a child is not a good option. I think it is better to let a young woman do this job. Maybe she has taken care of children before.

"Sure, leave it to me," Marcy said while holding the laughter. I think that phrase of mine was funnier than I thought it would be.

After finishing talking to her, I headed towards the exit of the guild master's room. The only thing I could hear while closing the door was the guild master saying in a sad voice: "That was a little rude."

And after that, I heard Marcy's laughter inside the room; I think Syl will be fine if he stays here for a while. I just can't let the mayor find out that she's here.

######

I left the adventurer guild while thinking about what I could do, but I think I already know what to do. Now that the child is not at home, I can do anything I want. I will not worry about anything.

I can just hit those guards and then have a chat with the mayor, but would it be fun to walk in the front door? Or maybe it's better to sneak in and talk to him first?

Well, I think going in through the front gate is going to be more fun, anyway, I'm breaking into the house of the highest authority in that place, even if I didn't show myself, the queen would find out.

'Come on.' There was no one downstairs in the guild now as the receptionist is upstairs in the guild master's room, but that doesn't make much difference, as there is no adventurer here.

Even the adventurer who was looking for a mission seemed to have given up on taking a task.

"So, I think I'm going to eat something." I took food out of my storage and started eating right there while walking through the city's dirty streets, but there was something wrong.

I started to realize that the streets were getting empty. When I joined the guild, there were many people on the road, but now there was no one in the streets. There is something very wrong going on here.

'Got it.' I started to notice some men armed with swords and spears going in several houses and acting violently. I think I understand what is happening here.

They figured it out faster than I thought, now they're after Syl, it won't be long before they get to the adventurer guild, I think it's best to stop them first, and they too can end up hurting innocent people.

"We will." I wasn't done eating yet, so I put the rest of the food in the storage and started going towards those men. Should I kill them? I don't know yet, but if I can't help it, it can happen.

Well, they are attacking innocent people, I think this is my fault, but I still think it is an excellent reason to go with everything.

 

****

Help me, and gain advanced chapters of my all novels: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

42