Chapter 157 – Mayor.
1.5k 3 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the man's head started rolling on the floor, I grabbed his head by the hair and started walking towards the room where the mayor was in. I just wanted to scare him a little.

'Maybe I'm going too far?' I think this isn't kind. I promise never to do anything like that again, but I feel like this will be a little fun.

I approached the door of the room he was in and realized that the door was closed, I thought they had left the door open because of the speed they left, but they took a little care.

I don't know if the door was locked, but I would open it anyway, I put my hand on the handle and started to force it, but of course, the door didn't open. I think the mayor locked the door from the inside.

'Maybe he realized he was in danger.' Well, it doesn't stop me. I need to use a little more force.

I activated the body reinforcement magic, and immediately afterward, I pulled the lock off the door with my hand; even though doing this, my fingers were not injured, this magic is so cool and so convenient.

"Shit." As soon as I pulled the lock on the door, I heard the mayor's voice inside the room. He knows that it's not his guards who are here, let's do it.

Before entering the room, I just opened it a little, and then I threw the guard's head into the room with him.

When I did this, the mayor said nothing and did not shout.
I thought he would be a little more shocked by this; I think I can go inside the room.

I opened the door and entered the room, walked very slowly into the room while taking care of some trap that he could have set, but the mayor was standing in the same place. He didn't even move.

"Are you paralyzed?" I looked at him and tried to start a dialogue with him, but he could not speak, wait, has he never seen a dead person before? So he was never directly involved with someone's death.

Before I came to this world, I had also never seen a person dying in front of me, and of course, I had never killed anyone, but I still didn't care when I did that.
I think my case is a little different.

"Getaway, what did you do with him? Are you crazy?" He was desperate as he looked at the head of the guard who was at his side a short time ago. Well, maybe it's someone close to him, perhaps it's been hard for him to endure his friend's death.

"I didn't do anything, he attacked me, and I ended up hitting him a little bit, it seems he couldn't take it," I answered as I approached and smiled at the mayor. Each time I got closer, the more he trembled.

He's too scared, and maybe I should stop scaring him? I think it's best to talk to him for a while before doing anything.

If I talk a little, I can discover other things about that fat man. Since he is the one who sells the drugs to the mayor, maybe he does the same thing and several other cities, I have to find out how it works.

I think I'm getting into a lot of trouble trying to find out about it, but I think I can handle them all, or I hope I can.
#########
"You can stop shaking, you just need to answer everything I'm going to ask, and I won't do anything, what do you think?" I think it's a good proposal, even if I'm lying, I think it's better to say that.

If I don't calm him down, he won't answer my questions, and it will end up giving me problems and spending a lot of time.

"Okay, just ask and then go." Wait, isn't he too hurried? Now that I would start my incredible interrogation, it's getting a little fun. I still haven't had enough pleasure just with these guards.

But to not go against my own words, I just replied, "Sure, I'll leave you alone." I tried to answer in the most typical way possible. I don't want him to find out that I'm lying. That would be a problem.

"Okay, you can start asking." So, what am I going to ask first? I should ask about his daughter, why does he do it all with his daughter? I need to know better about this.

"So, why do you apply those things to your daughter?" When I said that, he opened his eyes wide and looked surprised.

Well, I was in that room while I was invisible. He must be confused. But even though he was surprised, he started telling me why he did it, and the reason made me a little irritated.

He said that in a year, his daughter would go to a school in the capital, a school that I didn't even know existed, I don't think I ever went to that school, or maybe I didn't pay attention to it.

Emily didn't tell me about it either. I need to learn more about this school. It could be something important for the future.

The reason was simply because of the mayor's greed. He wanted his daughter to be a girl strong enough to stay on top of the school, that's all, there's no other reason, so it made me a little irritated.

I don't know what the family of person number one in the school wins, but that person's family should gain a little fame, so the mayor was artificially increasing his daughter's strength just for that.

My God, it disgusts me; he uses his daughter only for the benefit of his own family.

I don't know how this school works, but I don't want to go into that place anymore, surely there must be many nobles or parents like these, I don't want to get close to these people.

"So you did it just for your daughter to be number one in school? Don't you think this is an idiotic reason? You could kill your daughter by applying these things to her." I started to get angry at this point.

Even though I don't have much contact with that girl, I'm sure she doesn't deserve to be used that way.

"Yes, it was a stupid reason, I'm sorry for that, I just wanted to grow my family, it was a benefit for me, I'm sorry."

He started to apologize. I'm sure he's doing it because of fear; he doesn't look like someone who would apologize for that.

"In addition to doing this with your daughter, you still left her trapped inside this house. And all those guards outside, they could have killed innocent people, you are despicable, this whole problem because of your family's RANK."

I was looking like a mother lecturing her son, but he deserves to hear a few words.

'We will leave to talk about his daughter later. The most important moment has come now.' I started to smile.

****

Help me and gain advanced chapters: https://www.patreon.com/igorsaw

Buy the edited version ( volume 1 ) on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNGS394

48