Chapter 172 – Will he help?
1.3k 4 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Lincy said that, her father seemed a little more attentive to what I was going to say, she didn't say what she would like to ask, it seems that she wants to leave this responsibility to me, although she could do it in my place.

'What am I thinking? I'm an adult, I have to do this. ' My mind was crazy at the time for some reason, but I soon started talking to him, and of course, expecting a positive response.

If he refused to help us, we would have a big problem getting back to Grenrok, I would have to fly, and I don't think it would be cool. Or I could go on, but that's the worst possibility.

Imagine two girls who have no strength in going to another city walking? I don't think that would work, they would suffer to do that.

"So, tell me what you want?" I think he was a little impatient because of my silence, even Lincy who was next to me was a little uncomfortable with his voice, is he a bad father?

No, if he wasn't a good person Lincy wouldn't call him 'Daddy', maybe he's just like that because he doesn't know me, and I arrived without knowing him asking him a favor.

"I heard you would say carriages some time ago."
"Who said that?" Is he seriously asking that? I think he needs to think about things a little more.

"Of course it was Lincy, you know?" I was thinking about how his head worked if I showed up here with his daughter, and I know he drove carriages, of course, the person who told me that was his daughter.

"Oh, right." I think he noticed the stupid question he asked and looked a little embarrassed, but I continued to speak without caring: "I would like you to take us to Grenrok."

"Wait, us? You and the little girl?" I don't think he knew Syl, or maybe he didn't, so he just called her a little girl.

When he called Syl a little girl, Lincy's mother tried to warn him that this was somehow rude, but he didn't even care about her and kept paying attention to me. Well, she’s no longer the mayor’s daughter, so there’s no problem.

But going back to the discussion, I just said to him, "No, Lincy is going to come with us." When Lincy's parents heard this, they both looked at their daughter at the same time, looking for an answer to that.

"I decided to go with Lari, I'm going to work with her, okay?"

"Are you crazy? How are you going to work with a little girl? It doesn't make any sense and you know that, right?" His father didn't look angry, but he was very surprised and confused.

Her mother said nothing, she just had a confused face while looking at her, I think I better talk a little about it.

"Listen, I am going to hire Lincy to work for me, she also decided to go on her own, I think there is no problem."

"Of course it's okay, do you have any idea how long she's been gone?" This time Lincy's mom decided to say something, but she just seemed a little sad about it, I'm starting to feel a little guilty.

"Listen, mom, I want to work with Lari because she helped me, she’s also a good person, I’m sure I’m doing the right thing." Wait, I only helped you once and offered you a job, don't trust me so much.

I wouldn't do anything with her, but I think she needs to trust people less, a lot of trusts always brings some problems.

"Are you sure about that?" Lincy's father asked again.

"Yes."

After many conversations between them, it was decided that she would go with us and that her father would drive the carriage to Grenrok, I am glad that he accepted.

The only one who was not accepting all this well was her mother, it seems that she missed her daughter a lot, and now that she is back, she won't be here for long, I can understand her.

But even against that, Lincy promised that he would visit them often and also keep them informed by letters, so she ended up calming down, even though she still had a slightly sad face.

I think our trip starts tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.
##########
We spent the night at Lincy's house, there wasn't much space, so I slept together with Syl in Lincy's bed and she slept on the couch in the living room, I feel sorry for her, it doesn't look like that couch was very comfortable, I'm sorry.

We didn't drink coffee at Lincy's house, I decided to go get the carriage, in fact, I didn't want to eat their food which was already a little limited, so I decided to eat my snacks that are in storage, and of course, I would also give them to Syl.

I told Lincy to stay at her house with her parents, and of course, she didn't deny that she was very happy to continue with her parents for a little while longer, they needed time just for them.

"Here, eat." We were on the way to the mansion, we were going to get the carriage ready, right after breakfast Lincy will bring her dad to the mansion, because I don't think I can get even the horses out of the stable.

While we ate snacks, we continued to receive looks from many people, because things were still the same, nothing would change overnight.

"These people are suffering, aren't they?" Syl asked while looking at a child who was staring at us.

I can't lie to her and say that these people don't suffer, so I just told her the truth.

"Yes, they suffer a lot, but that will change, I think." I just need to confine that Lutz will do a good job.

"Well, I'm sure things are going to get better since my dad is no longer taking care of the city." She looked a little sad, but then her usual expression returned to her face, I think she started to accept it better.

'It was faster than I thought.' Usually, if you lose a relative you take a long time to recover, but I think he was not a very dear relative, and I understand why.

"We're here." We arrived at the mansion gate that was still open, I think he should get some guards, he worked in the guild, I think he can do that.

The adventurers here shouldn't be too strong, but it would help a little. Well, let's go in, I'm not going to get into these matters, I just need that carriage and horses.

 

**********

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 182), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Buy the edited version ( volume 1 ) on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HNGS394

41