Chapter 193 – Some time has passed.
1k 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now you can have fun that I'm going to work, okay?" I told the two girls that they were still watching the carriage leave.

They looked at me intently but soon after they agreed to walk away, and I went inside the guild to look for some mission to do, of course, it would be an easy mission since my Rank is not very high.

But even so, I can hunt as many monsters as I want, so the mission I take won't make much difference, since the money I'm going to earn will be the biggest part of the sale of the bodies of the monsters.

'Speaking of which, I still have that worm.' That worm that swallowed Cibely was still in my storage, but I didn't know what to do with it, I should show this worm to the guild master, one day I will do that.

I can't put this worm in the middle of the city, I would be in trouble if I did that, just imagine the target that it wouldn't cause in the city? Just thinking about it gives me the creeps, better not do it.

"Norm, I would like to do this mission." I entered a role that I had taken on the mission board for her, it was a simple subjugation mission, I just needed to bring some goblins.

Apparently, the Goblins' bodies are dismembered and some parts of it are used to do some things, but it is better not to research much about it, I don't want to traumatize myself.

"Okay, good luck." She recorded the mission and then started meeting another adventurer.

So now it's time to work, let's do as many missions as possible, and of course, also kill as many monsters as I can, the more money the better, and the more easily I will be able to open my restaurant.
##########
I've been in the same daily routine for three months now, hunting monsters, doing missions, and also taking care of Lincy and Syl.

In the time that I was doing missions and managed to raise my Rank to C, I thought it would go up faster, but it was slower than I thought, I thought I would reach Rank A easily, but I was wrong.

In addition to my rank rising, people's respect for me increased a lot, it reached a point that no one else remembered that damn rumor that the mayor of the city spread throughout the city.

Of course, I got to go to the mansion and talked to him, but even doing that he didn't take the rumor away, so I just ignored it since people were starting to forget about it, and started to defend me too.

The fat man didn't seem at all satisfied with what was going on, I think he really wanted to take me down, but it's a shame he didn't make it, I'm just waiting for his next step.

I also met Cibely and the girls a few times, but whenever I met them they weren't in the guild, they even looked like they had given up the job of adventurers, but when I asked about it, they denied it with all their might.

I still didn’t know what had happened to Cibely, but even so, I didn’t meddle in that much. Of course, we continued to meet at his house a few times, because we are friends, but even so, I was not asking about it.

A strange thing happened during that time, like the feeling that someone was watching me several times during my day, but whenever I tried to find out, I didn't find anyone, it was repeated many times.

But one of the most important things that happened was last month because it was my birthday and also Syl's birthday, she hadn't told me before that she had her birthday last month, so she took me by surprise.

Our celebration was going out to dinner, and we did it on my birthday, which was a few days later, or that was the date I chose to be my birthday, so I'm 13 now and Syl just turned 12.

During our celebrations I discovered that Lincy has her birthday in a few months and that she will be 23 years old, she is very young, just as I thought.

Another important thing.

I managed to save a lot of money, enough money to get a house, but we still live at the inn because I didn’t want to hurry by moving like that all of a sudden, but I’m almost moving because I need to bring Emily and her family to Grenrok, and they will live with me.
But to be more honest, I still haven't found a house big and good enough for a lot of people to live in, but sometimes I take a part of my day to look for one, but without success so far.

What about Mephey? Well, the city seems to be progressing well, I received some letters from Lutz about what was going on there, and apparently, people were already happier and they also had food.

Also, the stores were full of things for sale and most of the buildings were beginning to be renovated with the help of the city, it was a bigger evolution than I imagined, but it also made me very happy.

I can't help saying that Lincy's dad got there pretty well.

I also kept myself informed about the capital with the help of Emily, who sent me letters frequently, but it seems that the man has not yet acted against the queen, he certainly must have given up and run away, he was very afraid, of course, I couldn't do anything.

What about my restaurant that I was planning to open? Well, I still intend to move to a house first, after that I will find a good place to set up a restaurant, but it won't be long.

And it will not be enough to just open the restaurant, I will need employees because only Lincy will not be enough to take care of such a place. Of course, I will also help initially because I need to pass the recipes on to her, but then I will leave everything in the hands of other people.

Perhaps the most difficult to find will be the ingredients, I do not know if there are all of them in this world, but a good part of them I already found during my travels, I think I will have no trouble finding all of them.

And even after saving so much money, I still do missions, but soon everything will change and I won't have to kill monsters to survive, and of course, I will have more time to be with Syl, Lincy, and Emily who will come and live with us.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 203), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

34