Chapter 198 – Scary story?
930 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In addition to those simple rooms, I still had two more luxurious rooms, they had a much larger bed and also had a closet with a gigantic capacity, but I was most amazed was the bathroom in these rooms.

They had bathtubs!

Yes, the most luxurious rooms had a bathtub, I will definitely stay in one of these rooms, I have not been in a bathtub for a long time, and I will take this opportunity very well, you can be sure of that.

Syl also looked very anxious to bathe in a bathtub, don't worry, there are two rooms with identical bathtubs, but if you want, you can bathe with me, okay? I won't complain if that happens.

I think a bathtub is big enough for both of us to shower together, so it won't be a problem.

"Now the most important thing, maybe it's the mansion owner's main room, so this will be your room." She opened one of the doors upstairs, it was one of the rooms that were furthest from the stairs, it was one of the last rooms.

But it was not a surprise, as soon as the door opened I already knew exactly what it was, it was the master's room of the mansion, as well as the room of the Mayor of Mephey, but here the room is a little smaller.

Well, it is not a mayor's mansion, so, understandably, the room is smaller, but it is still a very beautiful room and that I may use for some studies when I have time.

It had a large table and also a chair, which actually looked more like an armchair in the middle of the room, in addition to a bookshelf with some decorations, but what I was most admiring of was the books on the back of the chair and also for some parts of the room.

Bookshelves full of books, books from the smallest to the largest, had booked so big that they reminded me of a dictionary or a bible, it was incredible.

It was a long time since I took a book to read, it may be that I use this room a little bit, not that I am a very studious person, but it is good to know some stories from this world.

"So this was the room where the master of the mansion was?"

"Yes, and this is where he DIED!" Jarmine said this with the greatest excitement, making me wonder why she was so excited about someone's death, wait, so now is she going to start telling the story?

Syl who was next to me approached me more frightened by what she had just said, and of course, Lincy didn't seem to care.

"So it's time for the story? But we are standing and in the middle of the room." I looked around and had nowhere to sit, just a chair, but just one person sitting was not pleasant.

"But this is the room where he died, I need to tell you this, right?"

"But with everyone standing like that? Look, Syl is already getting tired, isn't she?" Syl shook his head frantically in agreement.

I wasn't scared or anything, I just wanted to avoid listening to this story, because I'm not in the mood to waste my time on it, I just want to buy the house and that's it, the history of the house won't change that.

"Okay, let's go down, but I'll tell you." She seemed very anxious to tell this story, isn't it better to let her do it? I'm already starting to feel sorry for her.

'Haaa, I don't think it will make a difference to hear that, when we go down I won't be able to stop her.' And I also want to see Lincy scared, if this story is going to be scary, I have a feeling it's going to be completely useless.
########
We went downstairs while watching Jarmine's happiness, I have never seen anyone so excited to tell a story, and I also can't understand the reason behind it.

I'm sure it's a simple story like any other, so it doesn't make sense for her to be so eager to tell it. Or maybe she is just happy to have something to tell? Since Jorce didn't seem to trust that much.

'I have no idea, let's find out.'

We arrived on the floor below and then everyone sat on the sofa, except Jarmine, who preferred to stand.

"And now I start to tell the whole story of the house, okay?" She asked excitedly, as I had nothing against it, I just answered with a simple "Okay". Syl and Lincy also accepted this without any problems.

From then on she started to tell the story of the house and the people who lived here while gesturing and trying to somehow pass some kind of tension.

The story was as follows.

A man lived in this mansion with his family for a long time, and of course, like any other nobleman he also had maids working for him, this nobleman led a common and peaceful life, exercising only a few jobs, all nobles have their duties.

His family was made up of three people besides him, his wife, and his two children. One was a man and was the oldest of the brothers, and the other was a girl, who apparently was my age or Syl's age, she was quite young.

It was a happy and peaceful family until the nobleman decided to hire a maid to take care of his daughter, when Jarmine told me about it, I soon started to think about Lorane, but it is better not to think about it.

This maid was recommended by another nobleman, but no one knows exactly who she was and why the owner of this mansion accepted that nobleman's recommendation.

And then after this maid started to take care of her daughter, and also started to adapt to the house, for some unknown reason she ended up attacking the nobleman's daughter, seriously injuring her.

These were not injuries that could kill a person, but it was enough to make the nobleman desperate and also extremely angry. He realized that the wounds were made by blades, but even questioning or pressing the maid, they found no blades, which was strange.

The nobleman had already decided to fire the maid right after that attack, but that night during the woman's departure from the mansion, she ended up attacking the man and also her daughter, nobody knows exactly how it happened, they just found the body of the two mutilated.

Those who found their bodies were his own family, his mother and brother had left for the house of other nobles during the afternoon, so when they returned they found their bodies.

Another strange thing is that none of the other maids were in the house, it was as if all of them had also fled after the attack, so it was much more frightening than it looked.

Then after that happened, the nobleman's wife and his son also put the house up for sale and left. They disappeared and no one else saw them, so they ended up losing their title of nobility.

And throughout this time the house was kept for sale, but nobody ever bought it because many nobles know about this story and prefer not to live in a place where something like this happened.

After many years, finally, someone else came to buy the house, and that person is me.

 

****

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 208), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Your favorite will help me <3

32