Chapter 215 – What a wonderful sight.
1.1k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was flying around the city with Emily shaking in my arms, I wasn't flying very fast, so I could see everything that was going on in the city if I wanted to, and that's when I started to notice some strange things that were happening.

 

"Emily, do you know anything about the city guards?" I asked her expecting an answer, and after a little hesitation, she answered me in a low voice and with her eyes partially open: "How what?" And right after that, she closed her eyes again.

 

"Is nothing." Seeing that she was scared, I decided not to ask her many questions.

 

'This is very strange, I'm sure there were a lot of guards around when I arrived in the city, for sure something happened.' I turned to look at the castle on instinct, but I couldn't see anything much.

 

It was, as usual, the only different thing was that there were no guards at the castle door, which made everything even stranger, that woman can't leave the castle unprotected in this way.

 

"But I don't think that's my problem, is it?" I just ignored it and moved on, for sure if anything happens I would know sometime, now I need to focus on the trip.

 

"Did you say anything?" Emily asked looking concerned, but she still kept her eyes closed and shivered a little in my arms.

 

"It's nothing, I'm going to start accelerating a little bit, it's better to hold on." When she said that, Emily held on to me even more, she was squeezing me too much, for sure if I were an ordinary person I would already be screaming in pain.

 

After realizing that she was already comfortable, I activated the barrier in front of us to avoid the wind, and then I increased the speed, flying at a speed that could match a very powerful car.

 

Okay, I can't set a good example, maybe I look more like an airplane? I can't say, I traveled on a plane many years ago, and I don't think my speed is equal to one, I think it's better to forget this stupid reason.

 

But what impressed me most, is that even at all this speed, everything was calm because of the barrier, it was as if we were at a low speed, but the landscape passing below showed that we were not slow.

 

"Emily, how about trying to open your eyes? The view from up here is very beautiful." I looked at Emily as I continued towards Grenrok, waiting for her to open her eyes.

 

"Not really, I'm sure I'm going to pass out." Now she had a normal voice, or should I say, louder than normal.

 

"Don't worry, it won't happen, I promise you. Don't you trust me?" That was a low blow, and that phrase was used at a very strange time, I think it should be used when something more important has been decided.

 

Well, whatever.

 

"Wait a minute, I'll think." Emily looked apprehensive, but she was also seriously thinking about it. She stayed there with her eyes closed for a long time, I even had to slow down a little, if we weren't going to get to Grenrok before she could decide anything.

 

And after thinking for a long time ...

 

"I think I'm going to do this, I'm going to trust you." She seemed determined to do so, seeing this I put a smile on my face.

 

"Finally ... You will not regret it, I promise you." After that she started to open her eyes slowly, I kept watching everything, and after a few seconds that seemed like an eternity, her eyes were wide open.

 

When she opened her eyes, she was paralyzed for a long time, admiring everything that was happening around her, the fear she was feeling seemed to have disappeared in an instant.

 

"That is so beautiful." She continued to admire the green and mountainous landscape that passed by us, in addition to the lakes, villages, everything passing quickly in front of our eyes, I have to agree with him, the view is very beautiful.

 

"So, you didn't regret it, did you?" I waited for a response for a while, but she seemed mesmerized, so I decided to focus on the trip and let her admire the landscape without disturbing it.

 

'Okay, so let's go.' I increased my speed to the maximum to get to Grenrok as quickly as possible.

 

AAAAH ~~

 

But when I did that, I heard a high-pitched scream in my ear and my body being squeezed again.

 

"I knew it, I knew it was scary, you lied to me." Emily was shaking in my arms again, frightened before, besides accusing me of cheating on her, I didn't cheat on you, you were admiring the scenery until a few seconds ago.

##########

"Okay, you can open your eyes, we're done." I had a view of the city of Grenrok, so I slowed down and called for Emily, who again opened her eyes to look at the city.

 

"So this is where you live, it's bigger than I thought."

 

"Where did you think I lived, in some village out there?"

 

"Not really, I live in the capital, so, logically, I would think you lived in a very small city, so I'm a little surprised."

 

"I see, I'll show you the house I'm living in." I arrived in the city and started flying over it and watching everything that was happening there, Emily was also doing the same.

 

"This is a very organized city, I think it is even better than the capital."

 

"Maybe because it has fewer inhabitants? I think that helps."

 

"Or maybe because the mayor here is good?" I almost started to laugh at her words, but decided to just reply: "You are certainly wrong, but let's leave it alone, we are coming."

 

The mansion she was living in came into view, Emily was still looking at the entire city, and she was also looking for the mansion that I could be living in, but she was looking the other way.

 

"This is where I live." I was on top of the mansion's backyard, everything was the same as before, of course, I wouldn't change everything in just one day.

 

"Ohh, it's bigger than I thought."

 

"Do you only know how to say that? Okay, let's go in."

 

I flew towards the front door of the house, the strong wind was swinging all the flowers around the garden, and after I had my feet on the ground, I also put Emily on the ground but make sure to keep the invisibility magic activated.

 

After arriving at the front door, I asked Emily to ring the "Doorbell" in the house since I was short and didn't want to bother jumping or flying to reach this thing.

 

And after some knocking, the door was still not being opened. When I started to think a little, it was obvious that it wouldn't work, I think they don't know that I can fly through the gate.

 

I am here to explain to those who do not follow my profile and do not know why I disappeared for so long.

Unfortunately, my mother passed away a little over a week ago and this is killing me, but I am here to continue the story and try to improve my mental state.

I will continue to write and count on the support of all of you.

29