Chapter 224 – Milk!
841 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left the city and went straight to the forest, and of course, after getting far enough, I activated the invisibility and flight magic and went to the village that the mission was going to be done, it wasn't that far, so I got there quickly.

 

It was between two mountains, there was only one road that led to the entrance to the city, apparently, the bears live in one of the mountains and are attacking the village, so the population contacted the guild to remove the bears, dead or alive.

 

You know, I don't think I'm going to be able to get them out alive.

 

As soon as I got a considerable distance from the village, I landed on the ground and deactivated the invisibility magic to walk there. After walking for a few minutes, I arrived at the village gate.

 

A large wall had been erected on the only road in the village, and a large wooden gate was also there, noticing my approach, a middle-aged man appeared on the fence.

 

"Who is it? Identify yourself." He said in a firm voice, seeming to try to threaten me, but I ignored it.

 

"I'm the adventurer who came to take care of the bears, can I come in?" I said without giving a single smile, but unlike me, the man burst out laughing as soon as he heard my words.

 

"GWAHAHAHA, did you come to take care of the bears? Don't play with me child, you better go home." Isn't he being a little rude?

Other people have already appeared who doubted that I was an adventurer, but this is the first time that someone has shown me the guild card.

 

I removed the card from my storage and showed it to the man.

 

But as he was on the fence and I was short, he didn't seem to be able to see very well, but even so, he seems to have realized it was the guild card, his expression changed and now he looked serious.

 

"So you really came to take care of the bears?" The man was now treating me as an adult, seriously. I confess that I think things should work this way.

 

"Yes, so can I come in? I'll get it over with quickly." I said to the man, and after looking at me and thinking a little more: "You can open the gates." He shouted and then the big wooden gate started to open.

 

The gate looked heavy, as several men were pulling it with a rope. Do they have to do this whenever someone is going to enter?

 

After the gate opened, I began to have the vision of a huge plantation beyond the gate, in addition to several slightly damaged wooden houses, I had already noticed the man's clothes before, but this village is really poor.

 

When I entered, many children appeared, they seemed reluctant to approach me, but in order not to make them scared, I approached and stroked their heads since they were younger than me.

 

Many residents were looking at me curiously and also concerned, one of the women even decided to say something: "Listen, are you really an adventurer? I don't want you to get hurt." She was a little old woman who seemed genuinely concerned for me.

 

But after talking to her for a while, the woman seems to have believed that I would be able to take care of the bears.

 

"So which way are the bears going, I'm going there now." I approached the man who was on the fence before and received me.

 

He was a bit of a muscled man and had a shaved beard, his brown eyes were very ordinary, and his hair ... Well, he had none.

 

"You can go right, on that mountain over there. Usually, they just go down at night, so they're probably asleep or resting now."

"I can kill them, can't I?"

 

"Well, if you can do it, I don't care."

 

As soon as our conversation ended, I had already prepared to leave the village and go straight to the mountain, but I was stopped by an old man who suddenly appeared in front of me. I think you should be careful, I could have punched you.

 

I'm sure it would kill him.

 

"Hello miss, my name is Hafrid, I am the leader of this village, it is good that you are here to help us, but are you sure you can do that?" Another? Should I really show him my guild card too?

 

"Don't worry, leader, she can do that."

 

"Don't meddle, Halkev, I'm just concerned that she might get hurt."

 

So this guy is called Halkev.

 

"Sir, I'm not going to get hurt, you don't have to worry about that." I said to Hafrid, but he didn't seem convinced, "How can you prove it to me?" As well as proving, I have no reason to do so.

 

"Sorry, but you guys called for help and I'm here to help, I don't need to prove anything, right?"

 

"Yes, we communicated the guild, but we expected a strong group of adventurers to come, not a little girl." Wait, isn't that old man too arrogant? I'm going to tear that white hair out of him.

 

"Sorry, but I have to go now, when I get back we'll talk a little bit more, as there seems to be something that interests me here." I looked at the back of the village and watched some cows inside a wooden pen.

 

Or I think they must also be called cows, it seems that it was not so difficult to find milk.

 

After that, I just left the village and headed towards the mountain, I could hear Hafrid arguing about something with Halkev, but I just ignored it.

 

I just have to kill these bears and then go back to the village and go for milk or cheese. I hope they have cheese here, otherwise, I will have to do it myself.

 

******

 

If you want to support me and read advanced chapters (currently up to 234), visit my patreon: patreon.com/Igorsaw

 

Click on favorite button? :3 <3

18