Chapter 238 – Destruction.
401 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was looking at the adventurers guild. Actually only what was left of it. The building was destroyed, and only a few broken pieces of wood were left.

A mountain of rubble and a great deal of dust were still in the air, it didn't even look like it had happened a few hours ago.

Neighboring buildings had also been destroyed, and buildings that were a little further away had been damaged in structure by the explosion.

But the thing that confused me the most was that no one was there. Everyone was gone, no one was here to help people who had possibly been hurt, everyone was in "hiding"

"Hello, is anyone around here?" I started walking around and looking for someone. Despite hearing some sounds inside some buildings, no one dared to leave or respond, everyone was scared.

I was completely confused by all of this, but I had no one to talk to.

The nobles don't seem to care and the guild was destroyed, and I also have no idea where the guild master is. There was also no adventurer around to tell me what had happened.

Where was everyone?

As I couldn't find anyone around, I decided to activate my search magic to make sure that there was no one around and that there was no one under the rubble.

'Come on.' I approached the adventurers guild again and activated the search magic. And some signs appeared.

Some signs of life were inside some of the buildings.

There were some signs of life coming from the adventurers' guild building. Some of those signs were almost disappearing.

"Shit, I have to help them." How can these people still be alive? They were buried under a great deal of wood and other heavy materials.

Desperate, I started using wind magic, my strength and speed to clear the rubble. The first signs of life were coming from where the guild's counter.
.
The image of Suzan came to mind, so I started to act even more quickly to clear the debris. Suzan was a normal woman, she wouldn't stay alive for long if she stayed here.

"Fast, faster." Activating my body booster magic, I started to remove the debris even more quickly. It took a few seconds for the debris to be all removed and a person's hand appeared.

It was a woman's hand. She was under a large piece of wood that hid her face, but I could already tell it wasn't Suzan.

When I removed the wood, I could see that she was a woman I had never seen before. She wore light armor on her body, maybe because of that, she was able to keep herself alive.

Using magic, I tried to look for the woman's wounds, but she didn't seem to have any serious injuries. So I healed the most visible wounds and held her in my lap, after which I placed her in the middle of the main street.

After that, I started going after the other signs of life I had found.

They were all adventurers, I hadn't found Suzan or Norm. I thought they might be dead as I didn't detect their sign of life, but I didn't find their bodies.

I didn't find Suzan and Norm but found some people who were already dead.

People I had seen before but who were now dead. Some were even without pieces of their bodies, probably the missing pieces were lost among the rubble of the building.

I also removed the bodies I found and placed them on the main street.

Even though I'm not feeling bad about their deaths, it's good to treat them with a respect.

The more I dug through the rubble, the more bodies of adventurers I found, everything was bloody. All the blood I hadn't found before started to show up.

But the blood was already dry and had mixed with the dust.

And during my search, I managed to find only four other people alive, and they were all adventurers. I had met them all in the guild before.

The men who were still alive were used to drinking in the guild.

Only the first woman is someone I've never seen.

And what about dead people? Unfortunately, there were a lot of them. 15 bodies were gathered and put on the main street.

Some with pieces of their bodies missing and some that didn't even seem to be injured, but I was pretty sure they were dead.

But among these bodies, I couldn't find anyone I cared about, and that made me relieved. Suzan, Norm, the guild master, and also the three girls I met recently, weren't here.

"If they're not here, where are they? And who can explain to me what the hell happened here?" No one was around or appeared to talk to me, the city had turned into a desert.

Only people in the noble area were living normally, and that made me very angry. I realize that they didn't care about the lives of people with less social status than theirs.

'And where the fuck is that fat guy?' Your city's guild has just been destroyed and many adventurers have been killed, won't he do anything to help?

The only thing I could do was continue in that place along with the bodies of the adventurers and the people who were passed out. I had to wait for one of them to wake up to tell me what had happened here.

Also, I want them to tell me where the guild master and the other employees are.

17