Chapter 253 – They’ve appeared again!
398 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A considerable distance away, Cibely, Eleonor, and Clevina were at home while looking at the ceiling since they didn't have much to do at the moment.

Cibely was already having trouble working before, but now because of what happened, they are unable to work, and it was tedious.

The guild had been closed down after an attack had happened. When this happened, they were very upset and afraid that their friends would be hurt.

Fortunately, their close friends were not in the guild at the moment.

Looking up at the ceiling, Cibely grumbled, "Right when I feel better I can't go to work, how boring..." Because of Cibely's words, Eleonor and Clevina looked at her in surprise

Cibely was feeling bad before, she just stayed at home and didn't like to talk about her work, but now she was wanting to go to work. That was surprising.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the guild master is already sorting all this out," Eleonor said as she smiled at Cibely.

"You think so? It's been so long. Even though it's been so long the streets are still empty, aren't things worse than we think?" Cibely asked as she got up from the couch and sat down properly.

Clevina just remained quiet and watched their conversation unfold.

"You're right, it has been quite a while. But look, we've been able to go out and buy food, haven't we?"

"But only that. The restaurants, the clothing stores, we can't walk around town without being questioned by someone, isn't that annoying?"

"True, but just wait a little longer."

"No, now that I'm recovering well I wish I was working."

"You just want to see Larissa, don't you?"

"What?" Hearing Eleonor's words, Cibely's face turned red and she flopped down on the couch while hiding her face, "It's nothing like that." With her face buried in her pillow, her voice was not very audible. Eleonor decided to play with her a little.

"So that's what you want. Why don't we go to her mansion? I think we can go there just to visit."

Hearing this, Cibely lifted her face and looked directly at Eleonor. Her face was still very red.

"Are you sure we can go there?" she asked exhilaratingly. It had been a long time since she had seen Larissa, so her heart was racing and her anxiety was almost killing her, she wanted to go there!

"I guess we can go, or we can try."

"Try?"

"Look, ever since that thing happened adventurers have been on the street preventing people from walking down the street, it seems to be an order from the guild master."

"Of that I know, it seems he hasn't found out who did the attack yet."

"And it seems that the guards have also started keeping people at home, it seems that the mayor of the city is siding with the guild master."

"That's normal since your city is in danger, no?"

"I think maybe he was pushed too hard. That mayor would never order everything shut down and let the economy grind to a halt because of an attack on the adventurer's guild that isn't even a property of the country."

"So you think he was pressured by the guild master?"

"Taking into account the days the guards were off the streets, the guild master took a long time to get the mayor to act."

"I see. So you're saying that besides adventurers now the guards won't let us walk the streets for no reason? That makes our visit even more difficult."

"Stay calm, I have a plan. To tell you the truth it's not a plan, it's something quite simple." Eleonor smiled at Cibely, making her a little suspicious.

But she trusted Eleanor. Cibely knew she shouldn't do this, but she wanted to see Larissa right now, she wanted to know how Larissa is surviving without being able to go out hunting.

Cibely smiled bitterly when she remembered how hard-working that girl is. And while Larissa was working, Cibely stayed at home and didn't accept her help either.

Cibely felt guilty that she had ignored Larissa's help at that time.

If she had accepted maybe they would have become even closer, but they had drifted far apart after that.

####

Before only Cibely and Eleonor would go to Larissa's mansion, but Clevina who did not want to be alone decided to go along.

She said, "Are you going to leave me here?" Eleonor thought it was funny while Clevina smiled bitterly at the situation.

But ignoring this fact, at this moment the three were already in the middle of the main street going directly to the noble district. There were some guards, but they didn't stop them, maybe thinking that they were going to a market.

Which were the only stores that were open at the moment, stores that sell food and basic resources for survival.

The girls passed the guards and were greeted and they smiled in response. This went on for a few minutes until they entered the noble quarter and many luxurious mansions came into view.

Along the streets of the noble district, there were also guards, in much greater numbers. But only the guards, the adventurers were not there.

As they walked towards the mansion they were stopped by a guy in heavy iron armor. It was a tall guy who had a two-handed sword on his back.

"Can you tell me what you guys are doing? You shouldn't be here."

"We went to buy food."

"From your clothes, I can tell you guys are not nobles. You should go back to your homes." The guard replied arrogantly.

"All right, we're going to our homes now." I passed the guard and we continued to move forward.

"As I said, you guys should go back to your homes." The guard still couldn't believe that the girls lived in the prime neighborhood. And he was right, but Eleonor moved on.

Cibely and Clevina followed her in silence.

"As I said..." The guard continued after them until they arrived at a large mansion. No, it was smaller than the others but still very large.

Seeing this, the guard widened his eyes.

"We're here," Eleonor said as she turned to the guard and smiled. After that, she tried to open the gate.

But it was locked.

"Are?" She said as she smiled at the guard.

13