Chapter 254 – What happened?
371 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The guard, realizing that something was wrong, looked at Eleanor suspiciously and was already preparing to send them away, but suddenly they were interrupted by a voice too nostalgic for the girls.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you guys, what are you doing here?

Noticing his presence, the faces of the three girls lit up with a smile. The first to say something was Eleonor. As always, she was the girl with the most attitude in the group.

"We were coming to visit Larissa, but the guard here doesn't want to let us walk around here." She looked seriously at the guard, forcing him to step back a bit and start to justify himself.

"I'm just following orders from the mayor. No one is to walk the streets if it is not extremely necessary. The lord master of the guild should know about that too." The guard looked at the master and waited for him to say something in his favor.

"He's right." The guard sighed after hearing those words, showing that he was relieved.

"But can't you leave these girls at least this once? It will be my responsibility if anything happens."

"But, sir..."

"Don't worry, if something happens to you I will talk to the mayor myself. These girls need to visit their friend." The master gave a sincere, weak smile toward the guard.

The guard was a little reluctant but could say no more. The guard walked away and the four people continued standing in front of the gate.

"Thank you for that," Eleonor said and the other two behind her also thanked her equally.

"Don't worry about it, I'm here to visit the mansion anyway."

"That's right, what are you doing here? I never thought you were so close to Larissa to visit her home like this."

"Well, we are friends..." The guild master had never shown himself to be very close to Larissa publicly. To tell the truth, he wasn't that close to her, they were just partners.

He hid his skills so as not to cause trouble, and she brought a large number of monsters to the guild, which made a lot of profit for him.

"That's nice, but why are you here? Did something serious happen? Is Larissa involved in what happened in the guild?"

Listening to Eleonor's words, the heart of Cibely who was just behind started beating fast, but she kept quiet as she listened to the conversation between the two.

"In a way. But she didn't cause it, she wasn't there when it happened."

"Then why is she involved if she wasn't there?"

"Let's say she decided to investigate everything on her own..." The guild master wanted to tell the rest of the events, but he kept quiet as he tried to disguise his distress.

Realizing that the guild master was not acting normal while talking about Larissa, it was Cibely's turn to try to say something. She went in front of Eleanor and acted in a way she had never done before.

Eleonor and Clevina were quite surprised, so the guild master looked directly at Cibely in front of him. She looked worried and a little nervous.

"What is it?" The guild master asked without understanding Cibely's sudden behavior.

"What happened to Larissa?"

"What?" The master did not lose his composure.

"I saw the way you were acting, you are surely hiding something from us." Cibely didn't seem to care that this was the master of the guild where she worked, so Eleonor and Clevina were terrified.

"Forgive her, master, she's just worried since she hasn't seen Larissa in a long time."

"No... But she is right, I am hiding some things." The master put a smile on his face. At his words, the three girls felt their hearts jump.

Noticing the sad countenance of the guild master, Cibely was beginning to tremble a little and was almost starting to cry even though she didn't know exactly what had happened.

Eleonor noticed this and held her hand to calm her down.

"It's probably nothing important, calm down." Eleonor tried to calm Cibely down but the girl still couldn't stop shaking and feeling great pain in her chest. This was something she had never felt before.

It was as if she was having a premonition that something was wrong, and it was something very serious.

"..." The guild master realized this but didn't say anything else for a while. Clevina who was further back was also very worried about Larissa but kept calm just like Eleonor.

Eleonor was very fond of Larissa, so she was wanting to pressure the guild master into saying something.

"I am about to talk to her friends about it, if you want you can come along." The master said and then immediately looked at Cibely.

"I will." Cibely soon volunteered to go along with him, and of course, the other two girls also agreed.

After that, the master shouted outside the mansion, and soon after Emily came out of the mansion wearing a white apron. When she saw the guild master and the girls with sad expressions, she ran to the gate.

Then a little girl appeared at the door, it was Syl.

The little girl looked very worried as she watched Emily run to the gate quickly. As she run, her apron came off and fell to the ground.

Immediately Syl ran inside as she looked like she was crying.

They didn't even get the information, but they were already acting in a way like a mountain of feelings come crashing down on them.

Especially Cibely, who before she knew it had already started to cry.

Emily likewise, before she heard anything, was already with tears in her eyes.

15